PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens to 'strike South Korea mercilessly'

Elsa
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/131220023815-south-korea-protest-story-top.jpg
Protests in Seoul with effigies of the North Korea leadership appears to have angered Pyongyang.

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea sent a fax to South Korea on Thursday, threatening to "strike mercilessly without notice" after protests against the secretive regime this week in Seoul.

The message warned that North Korea would strike if "the provocation against our highest dignity is to be repeated in the downtown of Seoul."

Earlier this week, on the second anniversary of the death of former North Korean leader, Kim Jong Il, conservative protesters rallied in Seoul, burning effigies of the country's leaders as well as its flag. Such protests are common during North Korean festivals and anniversaries.

The South Korea's Ministry of National Defense said it sent a response.

"The reply was sent through wired message and in the fax message, we warned that if North Korea is to carry out provocation, we will firmly retaliate," said Kim Min-seok, the spokesman for South Korea's Ministry of National Defense.

He added that there have been no significant military movements in North Korea.

Pyongyang routinely threatens to retaliate after what it considers "provocations" including protests or balloon launches to the north by South Korean groups.

Relations between the Koreas have seesawed this year, verging on hostile earlier this year amid a nuclear test in February.

This month, the execution of Jang Song Thaek, an advisor and uncle of North Korea's current leader, Kim Jong Un unsettled its neighbors, prompting speculation about instability in the country's leadership.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/20/world/asia/north-korea-threats/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Anglojew
12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Someone please nuke NK. I'm over them.

ALSh
12-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Doesn't have guts to do that.

Bartuc
12-20-2013, 12:16 PM
North Korea only bark but they know they can't do anything beside "barking". It's the same blackmail to get money and food for their starving population. What do you expect from a communist government? With a society built using outdated garbages like Gramsci and Marx as intellectual foundations? Plus the North Korean leader is only a spoiled kid trying to look mean.

Styrian Mujo
12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
North Korea can't do shit. First thing NK slodiers would do if they invaded would be eating all the SK food.

Windischer
12-20-2013, 12:22 PM
one of defense measures of south korea could be establishing fast food facilities all along the border. this will reliably stop north korean infantry attack.
the only major problem is protection of seoul from bombardment and shelling.

rob211080
12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
It wouldn't even be a contest if those two went to war,i doubt the south would even suffer any casualties.

Windischer
12-20-2013, 01:38 PM
It wouldn't even be a contest if those two went to war,i doubt the south would even suffer any casualties.

north korean artillery can cause serious damage to seoul.

rob211080
12-20-2013, 03:15 PM
north korean artillery can cause serious damage to seoul.

The south koreans will take out there missile capabilities fairly quickly if war was declared and there are many military experts that think north koreas missiles don't even work anymore as they are that old.

Unome
12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Fuck North Korea, let's get this over with already.

Windischer
12-20-2013, 03:41 PM
The south koreans will take out there missile capabilities fairly quickly if war was declared and there are many military experts that think north koreas missiles don't even work anymore as they are that old.

guns, not missiles

silver_surfer
12-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Intelligence experts at the CIA believe the South Koreans have covert attack methods prepared. Basically, they will sneak into North Korean bedrooms at night and turn on their fans. ;)

- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Jackson
12-20-2013, 03:45 PM
North Korea only bark but they know they can't do anything beside "barking". It's the same blackmail to get money and food for their starving population. What do you expect from a communist government? With a society built using outdated garbages like Gramsci and Marx as intellectual foundations? Plus the North Korean leader is only a spoiled kid trying to look mean.

Problem is though they are backing themselves into a corner. Sometimes people fight when they know they can't win, so it can't be ruled out. I doubt they will do anything thought. North Korea is in a terrible state. There is a significant amount of low-level dissent among the higher echelons of the North Korean system though, so i think it's just a matter of time before it implodes.

Windischer
12-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Intelligence experts at the CIA believe the South Koreans have covert attack methods prepared. Basically, they will sneak into North Korean bedrooms at night and turn on their fans. ;)

- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

well am not sure if north korean soldiers have bedrooms ;)

Thor2009
12-20-2013, 04:25 PM
They say this shit at least once every few months.
I don't know why anyone takes them seriously anymore.

Jackson
12-20-2013, 04:28 PM
They say this shit at least once every few months.
I don't know why anyone takes them seriously anymore.

The Kim who cried wolf...

Lurker
12-20-2013, 04:50 PM
It surprises me that NK sent a threatening fax. I thought even them would've gotten into the digital era by now. You know, sending an e-mail would be more eco-friendly.

Proctor
12-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Again with this north korea bullshit?!?! If they attack south korea, the US will fuck them up badly.

Proctor
12-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Kim Jong Un is a bitch ass coward.

Proctor
12-20-2013, 05:01 PM
North Korea trying to launch a missile.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6108806400/h94160DEE/

rob211080
12-20-2013, 05:03 PM
guns, not missiles

They won't be much use against F15's and ballistic missiles.

Finsterer Streiter
12-21-2013, 05:26 PM
North Korea is a communist state that kinda rocks for odd reasons...and got some style that they've copied from Western countries.

Watch the video for great style, strange people and other footage of the North Korean army. Guys with yellow fever may get a boner at 1:50. ;) Make it fullscreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8tutgBF6bE