PDA

View Full Version : "Give that baby to homos" the Court ordered.

Tony
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Now seems homosexuals have actually the very same right as the heterosexuals...

European court rules single French lesbian can adopt

The European Court of Human Rights ruled on Thursday that France had acted illegally by preventing a lesbian woman from adopting a child and ordered the state to pay her £7,000 in damages.
The majority ruling, by 10 votes to seven, could have an impact on gay adoption laws throughout Europe.
"The consequences of this decision are important," her lawyer, Caroline Mecary said in a statement.
"Henceforth, France will no longer be able to refuse approval to an unmarried person on the grounds of their homosexuality."
"The same thing will be true for other member countries of the Council of Europe which allow adoption by unmarried people."
The woman, a 45-year nursery school teacher identified only as E.B., lived in a couple with another woman and took France to the Strasbourg-based court after she was refused the right to adopt a child in 1998.
Like a number of other European countries, France allows unmarried people to adopt children and her lawyer said she had been discriminated against because of her sexuality.
The court ruled there was no reason for single homosexuals not to be allowed to adopt.
In a written verdict, it said adoption could only be blocked in the case of "particularly serious and convincing" problems tied to the private life of a potential parent.
"There were no such reasons in the present case because French law allowed single persons to adopt a child, thereby opening up the possibility of adoption by a single homosexual," the court said.[/U]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-509792/European-court-rules-single-French-lesbian-adopt.html

national sovereignity my arse!
childrens' rights my arse!

Wölfin
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Well technically, there's no way of proving one's homosexuality or not especially if the person is single lol. In fact my grandmother knew a woman who mascaraded as a lesbian but at night when no one was looking she'd go to latin american bars and pick up the beefiest men she could find lol.

But yeah, a couple adopting is different then a single person so... I don't know to me as long as the child gets a masculine influence in his life be it a grandfather or an uncle or something, I have no problem with it.

anonymaus
11-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I highly doubt the legal opinion came down with the word "homos" in the title page. ;)

Adoption is a funny thing in the West: we often hear that there are so many children who need families, and also so many parents who desperately want to adopt. The agencies responsible just can't seem to get their shit together and match them up.

As to non-standard adoptions: most Canadian provinces now allow homosexual adoption, but single parent adoption of any kind is still not looked highly upon.

Tony
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I think that a child should be given the best opportunity from the start , at least in the adoptios system let's give the babies the best start!
That is to say a man and a woman , in their 20s/30s , moderately wealthy and in good health , enough cultured etc
Therefore I don't agree with the concept brought by the judges according to wich a gay couple have the very same rights as a hetero couple , when the option is between a gay couple and a hetero one the latter should come first becauce it give the babies the 2 fundamental models of gender , male and female.

Bari
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Egoecentrism should be on the top priority list instead of the child itself? If it was ment to be normal, two men or two women should be able to get children together withouth the other gender involved. I think a human life is worth more than being a political experiment.

Trencavel
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Do you think adopted children of homosexual couples have more chances to become homosexuals themselves ?

anonymaus
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Egoecentrism should be on the top priority list instead of the child itself? If it was ment to be normal, two men or two women should be able to get children together withouth the other gender involved. I think a human life is worth more than being a political experiment.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it seems like you're saying that allowing the homosexual couple to adopt, who are physiologically incapable of making a child, is less of a "political experiment" than a policy that gives preferential treatment to prospective heterosexual adopters who can provide the natural gender roles?

¿Que? :icon_ask:

Wölfin
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you think adopted children of homosexual couples have more chances to become homosexuals themselves ?

No such study has been conducted, and from my own observational point of view, no, this wouldn't be the case. Even biological children with a homosexual parent won't necessarily become homosexual themselves.

Of my personal observations though, these children are generally more open-minded and tolerant towards things that are different from what they or society is used to.

Bari
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it seems like you're saying that allowing the homosexual couple to adopt, who are physiologically incapable of making a child, is less of a "political experiment" than a policy that gives preferential treatment to prospective heterosexual adopters who can provide the natural gender roles?

- Yes.

Bari
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
No such study has been conducted, and from my own observational point of view, no, this wouldn't be the case. Even biological children with a homosexual parent won't necessarily become homosexual themselves.

Of my personal observations though, these children are generally more open-minded and tolerant towards things that are different from what they or society is used to.

- Because themselfs they are diffrent from what society is used to?

Wölfin
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM

But... Often heterosexual couples wanting to adopt are those who are sterile. Homosexual couples can at least use sperm donors in the case of lesbians. I admit I'm a little more stumped about male-male couples...

Also science has shown you no longer even need a male you can create sperm cells from a woman's spine cells meaning sterile couples and lesbian couples will be able to have their own full biological children.

Wölfin
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
- Because themselfs they are diffrent from what society is used to?

Probably. And I'm also willing to bet same-sex couples anyway try to instill tolerance in their values considering they are in an odd position to be intolerant of things that wouldn't harm them otherwise.

anonymaus
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
- Yes.

If you find the time, could you explain why you think it's more normal for homosexuals to have children than people whose reproductive parts interlock rather than bump pointlessly together?

Bari
11-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Probably. And I'm also willing to bet same-sex couples anyway try to instill tolerance in their values considering they are in an odd position to be intolerant of things that wouldn't harm them otherwise.

- Exactly. This combined with negative episodes(harassment from other kids) involving their adoptive parents sexuality probably only strenghten theese ideals. But how each child grows up and reacts to their situation is individual.
From my point of view i don't see this as a valid claim from the homosexuals to have a child. Its not a human right having a baby.

Wölfin
11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
If you find the time, could you explain why you think it's more normal for homosexuals to have children than people whose reproductive parts interlock rather than bump pointlessly together?
What of reproductive parts that interlock but "shoot blanks"?
Of course it's as natural for homosexuals as heterosexuals to be able to have children, but one must leave the modern concept of "couple" and go back to something more primitive, more animal. But then that spins off on a whole other moral/social tangent and I'm not going there, not now, not today.
But basically if the parties stay within one couple lol a sterile heterosexual couple and a fertile homosexual couple have indeed no better chances than the other of producing offspring. However a fertile heterosexual couple indeed will always produce more offspring than a fertile homosexual one :D ;)

- Exactly. This combined with negative episodes(harassment from other kids) involving their adoptive parents sexuality probably only strenghten theese ideals. But how each child grows up and reacts to their situation is individual.
From my point of view i don't see this as a valid claim from the homosexuals to have a child. Its not a human right having a baby.
I don't know if it is a claim at all :) I was just stating my observations in regards to the comment asking whether or not adopted children have higher chances of being homosexual.

Fortis in Arduis
11-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I know a lovely girl who was adopted by two stable coupled lesbians and she was a difficult kid anyway, but eventually sorted herself out and married a man who she met whilst serving in the Royal Navy. :)

I also went to school with a girl who had two mums. She was obviously very well brought up and from a stable background with extended family support.

I do not really have a clear opinion on this.

Whilst I appreciate the importance of the nuclear family and believe that it is the basic unit of society, I think that other arrangements are possible, although they should never be considered as equal or equivalent to that basic unit.

Tabiti
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Depends on the "parents". If they are one of those drag queen and proud queer types most probably yes. If they behave normal and tell the child that their sexuality is different then most people's, probably no.
However, I'm against adoption by homosexuals. Even if heterosexual one day, just try to imagine how would the child feel, especially if other children start to harass him/her because had "two fathers" or "two mothers".

Bari
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM

- I might have misunderstood myself and read a bit quick. Heterosexuals should be preferred before homosexuals for adoption. Of course i think sterile heterosexuals should be preferred firstly. Its usually those who want to adopt.

Tony
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
But... Often heterosexual couples wanting to adopt are those who are sterile. Homosexual couples can at least use sperm donors in the case of lesbians. I admit I'm a little more stumped about male-male couples...

Also science has shown you no longer even need a male you can create sperm cells from a woman's spine cells meaning sterile couples and lesbian couples will be able to have their own full biological children.
Laurentine have you read The cleft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cleft) by Doris Lessing?

I quite believe so , if you think how many gays in the closet western conservative societies had produced in the past you will soon realize how many gay wannabes a pc society can and will create , especially at the expense of lonely guys with a fragile personality.

Svanhild
11-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Of course it's as natural for homosexuals as heterosexuals to be able to have children
No it's not natural for homosexuals to be able to have children, a partner of the opposite sex is needed. The natural number of children for homosexual couples is zero. But they try to obtain children with unnatural ideologies of leveling down. :rolleyes:

However a fertile heterosexual couple indeed will always produce more offspring than a fertile homosexual one :D ;)
But of course. Every positive number is greater than zero! :wink

Homosexuality is no disease and I accept homosexuals. I'm sort of bisexual myself with past adventures with both genders but I'm leaning towards men. If my sexual orientation would switch to a clear preference for other women I'd never ever demand the same rights on childbearing and adoption as heterosexual couples. I's not fair and greatly improper.

jerney
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't have issues with gays adopting, but what bothers me is when some couples purposely keep a male father figure or a female mother figure out of the child's life because that promotes "stereotypical gender roles".

There are plenty of people raised by single parents who grew up to be fine individuals, but the best and most healthy way for a child to be raised is by two parental figures of the opposite genders.

lei.talk
11-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I admit I'm a little more stumped about male-male couples...that is simple enough:

make san francisco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco) your legal residence
for one year
and adopt an unwanted child from a couple

as did i and her grand-father
with the girl-child (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=622908#post622908).

11-14-2009, 05:02 PM

So they would be less interested in preserving traditional culture?

Hrolf Kraki
11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
A child raised by homosexuals is better than a child raised by the state.

Hrolf Kraki
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't have issues with gays adopting, but what bothers me is when some couples purposely keep a male father figure or a female mother figure out of the child's life because that promotes "stereotypical gender roles".

Liberals hate nature.