PDA

View Full Version : the southasian in me

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 02:28 AM
on lots of calculators i score 10-12% southasian or indian but thats only the amount of southindian or ASI, im sure there is lots of more southasian related ancestry in me and because it is 1000 years old the signals are weak especially for ANI type ancestry which is closely related to near_eastern caucasian and european_caucasian and gets caught up as westasian, some european, near eastern etc.

on MDLP K5 i score 30% southasian
Admix Results (sorted):

# Population Percent
1 South_Asian 29.89
2 Paleo_mediterranean 22.37
3 Caucasian 22.3
4 West_Eurasian 20.66
5 East_Eurasian 4.78

actually my dominant component. but i bet some of the westeuroasian and caucasian ancestry could be southasian related too so maybe im up to 40-50% southasian, remember my asian ancestry is 1000 years old, so the signals are probably weak and ANI related ancestry especially could be catched as westeuroasian then i would be exactly half roma=half asian because i think my mum is fully indobrachid. my ASI is estimated to be 11-12% by zack ajmal but also on new MDLP K27

11.79% Ancestral-South-Indian
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?89576-New-MDLP-Calculator/page9

GrebluBro
12-25-2013, 02:31 AM
So you are finally accepting you aren't Indian :lol:

But by pride in phenotype, you are more Indian than millions of self-hating Indians :thumb001:

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 02:50 AM
So you are finally accepting you aren't Indian :lol:

But by pride in phenotype, you are more Indian than millions of self-hating Indians :thumb001:

im not "indian" im racially half asian, but i come from another culture then "indian" a pakistani is also not "indian" but he is racially asian and indid or what races there are. there is a difference indian is a ethnicity and culture, im not that. im roma but racially half indobrachid and half asian

MINARDOWICZ
12-25-2013, 03:18 AM
I think it is def higher than 10%. The 30 is way closer... but you LOOK even more than that. 50% easily.

tamilgangster
12-25-2013, 03:24 AM
The results speack for themselved

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 03:25 AM
I think it is def higher than 10%. The 30 is way closer... but you LOOK even more than that. 50% easily.

exactly, i think some got catched up as westerneuroasian or as caucasian since ANI is related to those genetic components, ANI is also westerneuroasian genetic component and mine is old. i bet also that lots of indians would score not 100% Southasian on the K5 MDLP but some westerneuroasian, im easily 50% or very close

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 03:26 AM
The results speack for themselved

yes they do because 30% is close to 50% (what i should be considering im half roma) that i cant be hundred percent is clear

GrebluBro
12-25-2013, 03:29 AM
yes they do because 30% is close to 50% (what i should be considering im half roma) that i cant be hundred percent is clear

50% is not enough bro..
We are serious like Whites..
We strictly apply one drop rule :p

Smaug
12-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Look Gig, I like you, you know that and we have always got along very well, but honestly, opening so many threads about yourself is not nice, and is actually quite egoistic.

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 04:58 AM
50% is not enough bro..
We are serious like Whites..
We strictly apply one drop rule :p

i seriously doubt that or you wouldnt have so many half indians being famous in india, like rahul ghandi, katrina kaif etc. people with power etc. maybe only to blacks you apply that but on the apricity you indians want to be on par with europeans and show that you are not "less", reality is different my friend, the most succesful people in india are the most caucasoid and most white.

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Look Gig, I like you, you know that and we have always got along very well, but honestly, opening so many threads about yourself is not nice, and is actually quite egoistic.

it is not egoistic because i dont take away from anyone, i add just one more. or am i taking space from someone so he cant open a thread?

MfA_
12-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Interesting that you have more ASI than ANI.

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Interesting that you have more ASI than ANI.

How do you know i have more ASI then ANI? I have 12% ASI but i dont know how much ANI I have. On DNA Tribes i have been lot more Southindian then Indus_Valley though i was almost zero Indus_Valley but 15% Southindian. Also on MDLP World 22 Im only 1.7% Indo_Iranian but 12% Southindian. The Southasian on MDLP K5 is not exclusively ASI but a combination of ANI and ASI. Also im sure that my ANI Type Ancestry is caught up as Westasian or some type of European.

Smaug
12-25-2013, 01:10 PM
it is not egoistic because i dont take away from anyone, i add just one more. or am i taking space from someone so he cant open a thread?

Not really, to be honest I don't think that's possible.

MfA_
12-25-2013, 01:26 PM
How do you know i have more ASI then ANI? I have 12% ASI but i dont know how much ANI I have. On DNA Tribes i have been lot more Southindian then Indus_Valley though i was almost zero Indus_Valley but 15% Southindian. Also on MDLP World 22 Im only 1.7% Indo_Iranian but 12% Southindian. The Southasian on MDLP K5 is not exclusively ASI but a combination of ANI and ASI. Also im sure that my ANI Type Ancestry is caught up as Westasian or some type of European.

I was talking about your mdlp k27 results

11.79% Ancestral-South-Indi
7.79% Gedrosia-Caucasian

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 01:42 PM

7.79% Gedrosia-Caucasian

i see. but i doubt that gedrosia_caucasian is all of my indian related ancestry, is that the only ANI? or the only way ANI can show up? that would make me 19% southasian but im more

GrebluBro
12-25-2013, 01:53 PM
reality is different my friend, the most succesful people in india are the most caucasoid and most white.

Basically, 25% of South Indians and 2/3 of North Indians are pretty much Caucasoids but far from White Caucasoids.

Very-light skinned being in power or being wealthy is only in North India...
In south, rich and poor come in all colors..
North India is heavily oppressed by llight-skinned upper caste people in the past 2000 years and it didn't change much .
South India is mostly dark people, even upper-caste

MfA_
12-25-2013, 01:55 PM
i see. but i doubt that gedrosia_caucasian is all of my indian related ancestry, is that the only ANI? or the only way ANI can show up? that would make me 19% southasian but im more
Indeed not all your Gedrosia is related to your Roma ancestry since balkanites've also got that. I don't think it's all your Indian related ancestry since Indians also score good chunk of North European and minor med+caucasus+swa.. But we don't know without a good proxy of original Romas that left out the subcontinent.. I see your Harappa results, you have 12% Baloch and 11% Indian but since Baloch is also present in Balkanites, you still have higher ASI..

Mortimer
12-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Indeed not all your Gedrosia is related to your Roma ancestry since balkanites've also got that. I don't think it's all your Indian related ancestry since Indians also score good chunk of North European and minor med+caucasus+swa.. But we don't know without a good proxy of original Romas that left out the subcontinent.. I see your Harappa results, you have 12% Baloch and 11% Indian but since Baloch is also present in Balkanites, you still have higher ASI..

true. balkanites score 8% balochistan which is almost as high as mine, considering im roma that is pretty low. i wonder why that is and why only the ASI is preserved but not the ANI. There needs to be better clusters, proxies etc.

asingh
12-26-2013, 10:22 AM
i seriously doubt that or you wouldnt have so many half indians being famous in india, like rahul ghandi, katrina kaif etc. people with power etc. maybe only to blacks you apply that but on the apricity you indians want to be on par with europeans and show that you are not "less", reality is different my friend, the most succesful people in india are the most caucasoid and most white.

Cause they live here, and identify as being Indian. We "Indians" here; do not want to be on par with Europeans. At least not like you: who wants to be Indian. LOL. Hypocrite. Most white holds no "value". You are now hitting out at India / Indians, cause we told you on your face, what you hate to hear.

asingh
12-26-2013, 11:18 AM

7.79% Gedrosia-Caucasian

How can the MDLP - K27 be calculated..? I cannot see it as an option on GEDMatch. Will it be fruitful for me to check out the K5. It would hardly benefit South Asians.