PDA

View Full Version : Good sources on Austrofascism and the Fatherland's Front

Baluarte
12-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Hello there.
I would like to ask a big favour of Austrian posters, or any poster with some good knowledge of historic bibliography related to Austria.

I'm looking for good (hopefully not PC oriented) and informative sources regarding the ideology named "Austrofascism", spoused and promoted by Engelbert Dollfuss and Kurt Schussnigg, just prior to the occupation of Austria by the nazi forces in 1938.

I've of coursed read the wiki entry and gotten a few generalities about it, but I sincerely know very little on it and am deeply curious to learn more about it.

Is there any online book, presentation, guide, documentary, anthology, journal, etc, that would provide a good and detailed understanding of this ideology and the organization that enforced it (Vaterländische Front)?

If not, is there any physical book that you would suggest me to purchase so I could read more?

I don't really mind what language you find the information is (any mention is already great), if I don't speak it I'll manage somehow to get a translation or learn enough words/vocabulary to skim through it efficiently, but if you could point out something in English/French/Spanish/Italian you'd do me a great favour.

I thank you in advance for your help.