PDA

View Full Version : Burzum to release "The White God" album in the Spring

Baron Samedi
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh), the BURZUM mastermind who was convicted of murdering MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) in August 1993 and setting fire to three churches, has issued the following update:

"As you might already know, my dear ladies and gentlemen, and others individuals too, I am no friend of the modern so-called black metal culture. It is a tasteless, low-brow parody of Norwegian so-called black metal anno 1991-1992, and if it was up to me, it would meet its dishonourable end as soon as possible. However, rather than abandon my own music, only because others have soiled its name by claiming to have something in common with it, I will stick to it. The 'black metallers' will probably continue to 'get loaded,' 'get high,' and in all other manners too behave like the stereotypical Negro; they will probably continue to get foreign tribal tattoos, dress, walk, talk, look and act like homosexuals, and so forth. Some of the 'black metallers,' their fans and accomplices will probably even continue to pretend — and actually believe — they have something in common with BURZUM, but let me assure you; they don't! I play what can be described as some sort of metal music, all right, and they do too, but the similarities ends there. Freud wrote books. Tolkien wrote books. The similarities ends there.

"Why more of BURZUM? Well, I am what I am; a musician. Musicians produce music, when they can, and now I can; I am no longer imprisoned by the criminal anti-Norwegian regime in Norway. Will my music be any good? My guess is that if you like BURZUM you like BURZUM. If you don't, you don't. I do try to change all the time, but most of the time I fail, and many appreciate that. Others don't.

"The coming album is called 'Den Hvite Guden' (The White God) and is a musical and lyrical description of the the White God (alias Apollon, Baldr, Belenus, Belus, Bragi, Byelobog, Jarilo, et cetera) and the annual events of his life. I describe the stories of the myths like they could have been before they were myths, by presenting to you bits and pieces of the sorcery and religion of ancient Europe (more elaborately described in my unpublished book 'Trolldom og Religion i Oldtidens Skandinavia' [Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia]). It is not intended for play the 'low-brow metal' style, but instead I imagine a listener willing to sit down, ideally in solitude, and think for a minute, about the White God and our forebears, whether they were Picto-British, Finnish, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Scandinavian, Scytho-Slavic, Daco-Thrakian or whatever, and about their magnificent, intelligent, positive, beautiful, healthy and strong culture. I try to help you create an image of this with the help of your own mind, by offering a few clues and guidelines. The album is political only in the way that it offers an alternative to the depravity offered to us by the intrusive popular culture and the commercial entertainment industry — and by modern so-called black metal, for that sake.

"The début album was intentionally anti-commercial and anti-death metal, the 'Det Som Engang Var' album was experimental, the 'Hvis Lyset Tar Oss' album was intentionally monotonous and ritual, the 'Filosofem' album was intentionally different from the others, 'Dauši Baldrs' was what I could do from a prison cell, and 'Hlišskjįlf' too, but they were all music that I liked. 'Den Hvite Guden' will be no different in that respect, but I am older now, in fact twice as old as I was when I recorded the début album, and I am therefore different. The new album might differ from the old albums more than some might appreciate, but I hope not. Even if some of you might appreciate the old BURZUM, I must be allowed to evolve, just like everybody else. Maybe you will like the new BURZUM too. I will not do my best to copy and reproduce my old music, just to please somebody. I never did and I never will. If it sounds similar it is because it is made by the same person. If it sounds different it is because it is not the same music and because I have evolved.

"I can add that just like on the other metal albums (with the exception of 'Hvis Lyset Tar Oss'), 'Den Hvite Guden' features some very old BURZUM tracks. 'Filosofem' featured the 'Burzum' track, from 1991, and 'Den Hvite Guden' will feature the 'Uruk-Hai' track, from 1988-1989, although the title and the lyrics have been changed to fit the new concept. It will also feature the original 'Dauši Baldrs' metal track, from 1993. In a sense this album too will not be 'new material,' but just a collection of previously unpublished tracks; some new, some old. If some think my composing skills have disappeared altogether, then at least there will be some gems for them too.

"You can expect to see 'The White God' around March-April (anno 2010), when he traditionally returns from the hidden world of shadows."

Although his parole application was denied four times — most recently in September 2008 — Vikernes received word in February that he would be released after serving almost 16 years in prison. He was finally allowed to leave this past spring.

Vikernes currently resides in Bų, a municipality in the county of Telemark, Norway. Varg purchased the farm sometime last year and lives on the property with his French wife (whom he met while he was incarcerated) and son.

Photo below is displayed from Dagbladet

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/705/705391/7053911/jpg/active/320x.jpg

Tabiti
11-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Not surprised. He doesn't have what else to do now in fact...

Scyldwulf
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I read an interview with Varg literally yesterday. I hadn't seen anything about this though.
All it said is that he has 9 tracks finished towards his new album.
Thanks for posting that :D

I havn't listened to Burzum in years.
Not sure what to expect.

BlasphemousDeception
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I read an interview with Varg literally yesterday. I hadn't seen anything about this though.
All it said is that he has 9 tracks finished towards his new album.
Thanks for posting that :D

I havn't listened to Burzum in years.
Not sure what to expect.

I expect it to be awfully pretentious.None the less I plan on acquiring it.

Tabiti
11-18-2009, 07:16 PM
I expect to be some sort of raped music. Burzum is already dead legend, why Varg should spit on its grave?

Eldwin
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
He's not half full of himself is he?

Scyldwulf
11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I expect to be some sort of raped music. Burzum is already dead legend, why Varg should spit on its grave?

Because anything is better than the bloody awfull MIDI 'folk' garbage he farted from his so-called-imagination during incarceration.

If I had released Dauši Baldrs, and (in my opinion, not as bad as the previous album) Hlišskjįlf - I'd want to do something to make up for it.

But you're right, Burzum is a dead legend.

Baron Samedi
11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
lol... "white" god.

lmmfao.

Óttar
11-18-2009, 08:27 PM
He used to write some good essays, but I read one of his more recent ones and I think it's safe to say he's lost more than a few marbles. I hope his new album isn't some kind of Vrilology bullshit about UFOs, robots, and antarctica.

Scyldwulf
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
He used to write some good essays, but I read one of his more recent ones and I think it's safe to say he's lost more than a few marbles. I hope his new album isn't some kind of Vrilology bullshit about UFOs, robots, and antarctica.

I'd say he lost his marbles long ago. He constantly contradicts himself.
But you know what mate, I wouldn't be suprised if it was :laugh:

Hrolf Kraki
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Because anything is better than the bloody awfull MIDI 'folk' garbage he farted from his so-called-imagination during incarceration.

If I had released Dauši Baldrs, and (in my opinion, not as bad as the previous album) Hlišskjįlf - I'd want to do something to make up for it.

But you're right, Burzum is a dead legend.

You didn't like Dauši Baldrs or Hlišskjįlf? I thought they were both amazing albums! You really have to be in the right frame of mind to truly enjoy them though.

I'm quite anxious for this new album that Varg plans on releasing. I'm a big fan!

Scyldwulf
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
You didn't like Dauši Baldrs or Hlišskjįlf? I thought they were both amazing albums! You really have to be in the right frame of mind to truly enjoy them though.

I'm quite anxious for this new album that Varg plans on releasing. I'm a big fan!

That very MIDI sound doesn't sit well with me, is all.
I thought Hlišskjįlf was a long shot better than Dauši, but I would have liked them both alot more if they had a different sound... :laugh:
The compisition of music wasn't his best, either.

I'm anxious for his new material too, not so much because I expect it to be great: but more because I don't know what I expect at all. I'll more than likely purchase it out of curiosity - there's nothing to say I wont like it, yet.

Taciturn
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Which articles are you talking about? His Civilization (http://www.burzum.com/burzum/library/text/civilisation/) article was definitely pretty nutty (which is probably why you can't find it at the "official" (burzum.org) Burzum website anymore, and probably why Varg hates burzum.com so much--because it archives literally every Varg interview and article, no matter how silly or old it is).

Also, you really should read this, if you want to understand Varg's theories about UFOs, Atlantis, etc:

http://www.burzum.com/burzum/meaning/ufo/

There's actually a lot more to it than you'd probably think. Raises some very interesting and fascinating, if totally outlandish, points. I suspect Varg was influenced by Erich von Däniken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_the_Gods%3F), or someone similar.

Taciturn
11-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Here's the source of the text written by Varg from the OP:

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story10.shtml

I think emphasis should be place on the passage below:

The coming album is called "Den Hvite Guden" (The White God) and is a musical and lyrical description of the the White God (alias Apollon, Baldr, Belenus, Belus, Bragi, Byelobog, Jarilo, et cetera) and the annual events of his life. I describe the stories of the myths like they could have been before they were myths, by presenting to You bits and pieces of the sorcery and religion of ancient Europe (more elaborately described in my unpublished book "Trolldom og Religion i Oldtidens Skandinavia" [Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia]). It is not intended for play the "low-brow metal" style, but instead I imagine a listener willing to sit down, ideally in solitude, and think for a minute, about the White God and our forebears, whether they were Picto-British, Finnish, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Scandinavian, Scytho-Slavic, Daco-Thrakian or whatever, and about their magnificent, intelligent, positive, beautiful, healthy and strong culture. I try to help You create an image of this with the help of Your own mind, by offering a few clues and guidelines. The album is political only in the way that it offers an alternative to the depravity offered to us by the intrusive popular culture and the commercial entertainment industry - and by modern so-called Black Metal, for that sake.

Svarog
11-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Any chance we can expect Lost Wisdom kind of sound? Yeah, i like most of his stuff - to be honest - I am anxious about this release - if nothing else, I expect a full awesome cover art :rolleyes:

I gotta dig my dad's ancient Filosofem t-shirt and go beat up some kids later..

Lyfing
11-19-2009, 03:15 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Odal_Rune_1.png

Later,
-Lyfing

Tabiti
11-19-2009, 05:58 AM
MIDI Ambient sucks, indeed, however it's Burzum with its own unique athmosphere.
I think the new Burzum would never reach the old cult.

Treffie
11-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I really don't understand why there is so much adulation towards this guy. :confused:

Svarog
11-19-2009, 02:08 PM
He did things and stuff, but the most important he made some great, at the time, revolutionary music - it's understandable enough

Tabiti
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I really don't understand why there is so much adulation towards this guy. :confused:
Because he was famous, especially after the killing. That's for the most part of the Norwegian scene.

Zyklop
11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
He did things and stuff, but the most important he made some great, at the time, revolutionary music - it's understandable enough
That's very true, but still doesn't justify the blind fanboy mentality that's going on ever since.

Baron Samedi
11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
That's very true, but still doesn't justify the blind fanboy mentality that's going on ever since.

YOU!

YOU ARE AGAINST WHITE CULTURE!

Svarog
11-19-2009, 04:54 PM

I don't think that the fact that many people loves him show his greatness, but the fact how many people hates him.

Tabiti
11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey,Varg is just an ordinary guy lived in freakish circumstances :D

Heimmacht
11-19-2009, 06:03 PM
I never would have thought he would choose a francaise to be his wife, I thought he was SO true to his norse roots! XD

Black Turlogh
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I enjoyed some of Burzum's ambient tracks, but you'd think Vikernes was some sort of musical genius the way he's going on. Truth of the matter is that he isn't worth a fraction of the reverence he receives. To describe Burzum in two words:

http://www.jiggyboo.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

Brynhild
11-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I never would have thought he would choose a francaise to be his wife, I thought he was SO true to his norse roots! XD

I was led to believe the same thing. Assuming she also has brown eyes, I hope he isn't of the view that they're the colour of shit. :eek:

Tabiti
11-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Has any of you a picture of Varg's wife?

Westfalen
11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
The band Mayhem has destroyed a hotel-room in our country this sunday, they were arrested:
http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/2123918/metalband-sloopt-hotelkamer-tilburg.html

Hrolf Kraki
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Although I myself certainly wouldn't be opposed to marrying a French woman (as I find them to be quite attractive!) I'm also rather surprised by this. I recall Varg stating once that he was proud to be 15/16th Norwegian and that the last 1/16th was Swedish. Now his children won't even be half Norwegian!

Although after one recalls that part of the French Nobility (Earls of Normandy) are descended from a Norwegian, one wonders just how pure anyone really is these days.

Hrolf Kraki
11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Nevermind. I figured it out all by myself! :D ;)

Svarog
11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I was led to believe the same thing. Assuming she also has brown eyes, I hope he isn't of the view that they're the colour of shit. :eek:

Actually, Varg has never been putting Nordicism above others, he just embraced is as his, everything is nicely written on his webpage, which is available in two languages, English and Russian, says enough - same as Vargtang was printed in Russian first.

Brynhild
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Actually, Varg has never been putting Nordicism above others, he just embraced is as his, everything is nicely written on his webpage, which is available in two languages, English and Russian, says enough - same as Vargtang was printed in Russian first.

What I read could have come down as to misinterpretation, as I read his works - including Vargsmal (where that was written about shitty brown eyes) - in English. That being said, however, he still changed his mind as often as he changed his undies.

Heimmacht
11-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes it is well known that Varg placed the nordish people above others, and even white people with dark hair and brown eyes should outbreed these characteristics. That apparently was his view. But we still don't know what his wife looks like though.

Treffie
11-21-2009, 06:41 AM

So did Paul McCartney. I don't see him being idolised on teh interwebz.

Heimmacht
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
So did Paul McCartney. I don't see him being idolised on teh interwebz.

http://www.paulmccartney.fm/

Really? :D

Scyldwulf
11-21-2009, 09:44 AM
he still changed his mind as often as he changed his undies.

My opinion of Varg in a nutshell.

Fred
11-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Burn churches, practise ritual sacrifice of your friends on stage, talk dirty to Christ (finger bang bang you into my heart, I wanna make love to you Jesus) and be worshiped for it. This is the decadence of D-Generation X.

Oh, this is another retardism and sign of the times:

http://www.fuckforforest.com/

Hrolf Kraki
11-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Burn churches, practise ritual sacrifice of your friends on stage, talk dirty to Christ (finger bang bang you into my heart, I wanna make love to you Jesus) and be worshiped for it. This is the decadence of D-Generation X.

Oh, this is another retardism and sign of the times:

http://www.fuckforforest.com/

Christianity is decadence. It goes against instinct. I invite you to read Nietzsche because unlike God, he actually did write something.

Anyways, Varg opposes such decadence in his country. I certainly don't blame him.

EDIT: And I see nothing wrong with the website link you posted. Nothing wrong that is, unless one views the site from behind the degenerate Christian lens...

Freomęg
11-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Why would you assume she has brown eyes? Varg is a Nordicist and I highly doubt he'd ever procreate with a woman that wasn't at least as 'blonde' as he is. Though I was also surprised when I discovered his wife is French.

Still fascinates me that so many members of preservationist forums are familiar with Burzum. I'd say Varg Vikernes is directly responsible, at least partly, for the recent growth in ethnic preservationism. I suppose I could credit him with having helped point me in the right direction.

As for the new album... I actually think it might be ok. For any of Varg's faults, he's got conviction and he's not going to try and break the mould. He does things naturally - that's the essence of his music. As a character I think he's a tad overrated but some of his music is profound and captures the atmosphere of primitive Germania superbly.

Brynhild
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Why would you assume she has brown eyes? Varg is a Nordicist and I highly doubt he'd ever procreate with a woman that wasn't at least as 'blonde' as he is. Though I was also surprised when I discovered his wife is French.

The problem with old Varg is how he changed his mind so often on his views he was so passionate about originally. I said assuming, because he could've changed his mind in that regard as well. I'm not the only one who has questioned this line of logic. I also seem to remember reading that he would never marry anybody else except a Norwegian. As for what constitutes a Nordicist? Well, it isn't always about blue eyes, is it?

Fred
11-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Christianity is decadence. It goes against instinct. I invite you to read Nietzsche because unlike God, he actually did write something.

Anyways, Varg opposes such decadence in his country. I certainly don't blame him.

EDIT: And I see nothing wrong with the website link you posted. Nothing wrong that is, unless one views the site from behind the degenerate Christian lens...Did you know that Norwegian stave kirks are architectural remnants of heathen temples? Why burn them and destroy a national treasure?

So Varg himself is not decadent by his barbaric actions? The Fall of the West is along the likes of him. A new Dark Age awaits those who join Islam in the despoilation of Europe. Feel free to use your animal instinct.:D Deja vu from 1,000 years ago.

I read Nietzsche 15 years ago. His egotistical fantasy world stroked the egos of losers the world round, especially the Germans, despite the way they have been made to kowtow to Aryan myth in order to feel better about themselves. What a replacement for Christianity, eh? Look what it did to them! The Third Reich did not improve upon the 1st or 2nd, but followed the descent of man in the 2nd, whereas it had been so much better in the 1st.

Kierkegaard is my alternative philosopher on existentialism:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136329&postcount=149
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136355&postcount=152

Hrolf Kraki
11-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Did you know that Norwegian stave kirks are architectural remnants of heathen temples? Why burn them and destroy a national treasure?

I have not heard of this. Do you have a source? I personally would not burn them as they are historical structures, but I sympathize with him. Over 1000 years ago three churches were burned to the ground in the Trondheim District by a group of pagans led by Asbjorn of Metalhus. He was just keeping the tradition alive! :D

Fred
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
I have not heard of this. Do you have a source? I personally would not burn them as they are historical structures, but I sympathize with him. Over 1000 years ago three churches were burned to the ground in the Trondheim District by a group of pagans led by Asbjorn of Metalhus. He was just keeping the tradition alive! :DWhy burn them now? It's much different, considering that some of them are now UNESCO classified, never mind Norwegian culture, not the product of other cultures.
http://www.stavechurch.org/introduction.html

Osweo
11-25-2009, 02:37 AM
I went to the Stave Kirk at Urnes a few months ago. Quite of its environment. I'd gladly burn any bastard who tried to burn such a priceless artwork.

I hear that the one 'Varg' burnt was a Nineteenth Century copy, no? Even so, vandals deserve the harshest punishment.