PDA

View Full Version : Vatican Deems Twilight Deviant

Wolffield
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
The Catholic Church has expressed serious concerns about the second movie in the Twilight series.

Monsignor Franco Perazzolo, of the pontifical council of culture, said: "This theme of vampires in Twilight combines a mixture of excesses that, as ever, is aimed at young people and gives a heavy esoteric element.

"Men and women are transformed with horrible masks and it is once again that age-old trick or ideal formula of using extremes to make an impact at the box office."

He added: "This film is nothing more than a moral vacuum with a deviant message and as such should be of concern."

http://blogs.wayne.edu/angelique/files/2009/03/2008-11-22-twilight1.jpg

Eldritch
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Why am I not surprised? But at least Twilight, Harry Potter and the like encourage kids to read at least something.

Óttar
11-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I wonder how many Catholics actually take that shit seriously. Really, can you imagine someone not reading anything on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum? And now they apparently have an Index Filmorum as well.

:rolleyes2:

Cato
11-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Edward looks like a total homo.

Wölfin
11-22-2009, 06:35 AM
I don't see why anyone would want to watch or read this shyte anyway. I opened a page in the first book at random read it and almost puked. Sexist, disgustingly redundant... I could go on! Not to mention a 5th grader could probably write better than the author. It is so horrible the translated versions of Twilight are actually better written, that should say something.

Treffie
11-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Why The Vatican is unable to tell what's fiction and what's not is beyond me.

Fred
11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Any pronouncements from the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith are better than the Pied Piper's music to your ears, which is why you hate Papa. ;)