PDA

View Full Version : Do you support the independence of Arabistan and the return of the islands to the UAE?

StonyArabia
01-07-2014, 02:49 AM
The region of Arabistan known as Ahwaz is mostly an ethnically Arabian region, which actually is inhabited by Shia Arab tribes who are now protesting in converting to Sunni Islam. This region was an independent Emirate which had strong connections to Iraq and was ruled by the Banu Kaab Bedouins. In 1971 Iran annexed Arab islands from the UAE and now it encourages Persianization despite the Arab islanders want to return to the UAE.

Shah-Jehan
01-07-2014, 02:51 AM
No but, it depends on the native people there as well as Iran's stance...

1stLightHorse
01-07-2014, 02:59 AM
What's the deal with "Hanafism" in your profile. You're aware that abu hanifa was a persian?

StonyArabia
01-07-2014, 03:02 AM
No but, it depends on the native people there as well as Iran's stance...

The situation of Arabistani Arabs is reaching a critical element and many are voicing their anger at the current regime. The Arabistani aka Ahwazi Arabs want to be independent, as it's one of the richest provinces but is ignored in it's development. Also they have always been seen to be proxies of Iraq and now Saudi Arabia, and many are protesting in their conversion to Sunni Islam from Shiaism. They want to have their independence, as the situation of the Arab islanders is on the same level and they do want to return to the UAE. I think Iran should give it's ethnic people autonomy and let's them determine their own affairs, or let them go be independent. The majority of Ahwazis want independence and the islanders want to return back to the UAE, as their is nothing in common cultural wise, in the case the only link they have is Shiaism but many are shifting it.

StonyArabia
01-07-2014, 10:15 PM
What's the deal with "Hanafism" in your profile. You're aware that abu hanifa was a persian?

His ethnicity does not matter because he was true man of faith and most importantly he is part of the sect/school of Sunnism that is followed in Iraq and he is seen as our national symbol.

1stLightHorse
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
His ethnicity does not matter because he was true man of faith and most importantly he is part of the sect/school of Sunnism that is followed in Iraq and he is seen as our national symbol.

Iraqi's are majority shafi'i, not hanafi.

StonyArabia
01-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Iraqi's are majority shafi'i, not hanafi.

The Kurds are a Shafi'i but the Arabs are mostly Hanafi with significant Shafi'i minority, with some of the still nomadic tribes adhere to the Malaki school. Abu Hanfia is important symbol of the whole Sunni community however.