PDA

View Full Version : Danish jihadist reportedly killed in Syria

VAARON
01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Abu Khattab was reportedly killed in northern Syria but his brother denies the claim (http://cphpost.dk/news/danish-jihadist-reportedly-killed-in-syria.8302.html)

http://cphpost.dk/image/crop/25351/673/450.jpg

A renowned Danish Salafist has reportedly died while fighting in Syria, Politiken newspaper reports.

In August, Abu Khattab appeared in a video that was filmed in Syria, in which he called for fellow Danish Muslims to join the battle against the Syrian regime. It marked the first Danish-language video to emerge encouraging participation in the ongoing Syrian Civil War.

"My dear brothers, jihad is the greatest reward. [...] You should come too. This is the best thing to do, to strengthen the Islamic people and the Islamic state,” Khattab proclaimed in the video.

Fighting for Islam
Khattab appeared in a second video in which he and three others – at least one of which also spoke Danish – fired guns at images of six Danes that they declared were enemies of Islam.

A member of Khattab’s family and two acquaintances have now independently verified to Politiken that he was killed while fighting in northern Syria.

The newspaper also reports that his family has been visited by friends wishing to express their condolences.

Died in battle
Khattab allegedly died in November but Politiken has yet to verify the exact battle in which he was killed. Two other Danish fighters were reportedly injured in the same incident.

Despite the independent reports that Khattab has died, the Islamist group Kaldet til Islam (Called to Islam), denied that he is dead.

“Abu Khattab is still alive, insha’Allah,” Kaldet til Islam spokesperson Abu Abaydullah told Politiken. Khattab’s brother, Abu Farroq, also wrote in an email to Politiken that reports of Khattab’s death were “lies” but declined to elaborate.

Khattab was a prominent member of Called to Islam.

Foreign fighters
According to the domestic intelligence agency PET, around 80 Danes have travelled to Syria to fight since 2012 and around seven have died in battle.

The government and PET have expressed concern about the risk of radicalised Danes returning from fighting in Syria and last week promised to strengthen anti-extremist strategies.

“All forms of extremism, in which people or groups attempt to push their views through violence or other illegal acts, present a threat to our democracy,” Justice Minister Karen Hækkerup (S) wrote in a press release.

RandoBloom
01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Good, he archived what he wanted :)
I am happy for him

VAARON
01-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Good, he archived what he wanted :)
I am happy for him

so why not all muslims join him for 72 virgins ? you muslims win, rest of humanity wins . no losers here .

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Danish? 0_O ???

lol it's his name must be Danish : a Persian name..Thay guy looks like Talibanist more than anything

Manifest Destiny
01-13-2014, 07:34 PM
I hope all Danish Muslims answer his call to fight in Syria. Denmark would be better off if they all left.

Anatolian Eagle
01-13-2014, 07:38 PM
I doubt they are ethnic Danes, just like that Abu Khattab isn't.

Rest in pieces.

Petros Houhoulis
01-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Hopefully they'll kill each other even before Assad gets them...

RandoBloom
01-13-2014, 07:51 PM
so why not all muslims join him for 72 virgins ? you muslims win, rest of humanity wins . no losers here .

Because there arent 72 virgins, that is an unsourced hadith :D
And why should they join? The victory is guaranteed either way, they either become martyrs, or win the war

VAARON
01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Because there arent 72 virgins, that is an unsourced hadith :D
And why should they join? The victory is guaranteed either way, they either become martyrs, or win the war

of course , you burn sources (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?110172-Library-Torched-78-000-Books-Burned-By-Islamists) , how can we know ? source or no source muslims belive , preach it and kill for it around the world .
why? i already said . because it is nicer for everyone that way .