PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding Meal Plans

Óttar
01-15-2014, 04:37 AM
Anyone here into bodybuilding post your meal plans for bulking up. I haven't lifted weights in a long time since moving to Madison, WI, but I want to get back into it. At one point, I weighed 131 lbs before eating big and weight lifting. Then after lifting and eating big for six months, I gained 25 lbs.

I have a small studio and it is really annoying having little space and a tiny stove, and what's worse, in Madison we have the most brutal, Nordic tundra death-weather (das Leichenwetter) imaginable, so it has become harder to get to the gym. The weather is nothing less than soul crushing.

The Spring semester is starting soon, but I want to try to get back to eating big and lifting.

When I was eating big, I ate chicken breast, brown rice, lean beef, fish, steamed vegetables, potatoes, sweet potatoes, protein shakes and protein bars.

This was a typical protein shake:

1 cup of whole milk

a container of frozen blue berries (1/2 cup)

1 cup of Greek yogurt

1 cup of oats

1 - 2 bananas

3 scoops of protein powder

2 Tbsp peanut butter

thetank
01-16-2014, 01:44 AM
When I'm bulking I make sure the majority of my foods are micronutrient dense and minimaly processed such as white rice, chicken breast, ground beef, white potatoes, fruits and vegetable etc then I just fill up my calories, carbs, fat and protein with whatever I want such as pizza, ice cream, poptarts etc

TheBlondeSalad
01-16-2014, 01:59 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik26.htm

Black Wolf
01-16-2014, 02:24 AM
When I'm bulking I make sure the majority of my foods are micronutrient dense and minimaly processed such as white rice, chicken breast, ground beef, white potatoes, fruits and vegetable etc then I just fill up my calories, carbs, fat and protein with whatever I want such as pizza, ice cream, poptarts etc

Mine is similar to this actually. I do however also drink mass gainer shakes as well to help put on more muscle mass. I find they help.

thetank
01-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Mine is similar to this actually. I do however also drink mass gainer shakes as well to help put on more muscle mass. I find they help.

Oh yea they can definitely help but I just like going on a slow bulk so I could try and stay somewhat lean without getting too fat... I want to get to atleast 200 (im 185)but I'm going for like a pound a month

Óttar
01-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Yo niggas, post some meal plans, and how you prep food and shit.

If any of you use Slow Cookers post that shit too.

Neanderthal
08-14-2014, 05:23 PM
i eat banana

Bloodnigger
08-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Yo niggas, post some meal plans, and how you prep food and shit.

If any of you use Slow Cookers post that shit too.

I eat pretty plain. Chicken breast with rice, milk and oats, some peanut butter, also use honey in my oats sometimes.

Breakfast is usually oats and some leftover meat from last days, post workout meal is always lots of meat and some rice, maybe a banana as well and I usually cook some eggs and/or eat some cottage cheese on top of that. Then again I compete at mma amateur regionals so I have to watch my weight most of the time.

Vesuvian Sky
08-14-2014, 05:45 PM
I try not to use supplements so here are some "natural" meals for muscle building:

-breakfast: 100 grams of Greek yogurt in the morning with chia seeds

-lunch: a tuna nicoise salad with 100 grams of canned tuna, hard boiled egg, tomatoe, spinach leaf, carrots, yellow pepper, some oil and vinegar.

That's all I got for now. I like a protein shake here and there but is there anything decent to use instead of whey powder? I hear mixed things about whey.

Neanderthal
08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Let's say you weight 75 kilos. Unless you are getting 150 gr a day of 'natural' protein, good luck gaining some muscle.

3-4 chicken breasts and some eggs should do. Whey is not necessary, if your diet is rich and varied. If your diet is shit, you cannot afford skipping it.

Han Cholo
08-14-2014, 05:52 PM
The shake I make includes:
-1 glass of milk.
-1 glass of yoghurt
-One banana and some strawberries
-3 (collapsing from the sides and above) full spoons of chia seeds.
-I add 2 cookies, can vary.
-1 spoon of linseed
-3 ice cubes
-2 water-boiled eggs.

Linebacker
08-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Show me results,captain wannabe.

McCauley
03-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I've read so much bullshit on the internet about what you should eat. Like people spend hours each day planning their meals and calories.

What has worked for me is this-

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac324/Mc0530/Mobile%20Uploads/c2985aca-c3d6-4415-8798-9226fc4c2614_zps6zariz6m.jpg

Turkey leg and pork chop for lunch, washed down with milk, for the first 2 days after a workout. Usually with either chips or bread slathered in butter. For dinner I'll have some other meat, usually a steak, potato, and salad or something like that. Basically for the 2 days after a workout when my muscles are still store I just load up on meat and protein. Then, for the 3rd/4th day preceding the next workout, I basically do the opposite, don't eat much meat but load up on carbs for energy. No protein shakes or any of that shit.

This stuff is so basic and simple but all these fitness and bodybuidling.com retards just confuse the fuck out people with all these complex meal plans and counting calories. Just 1 year ago I looked like one of those tall and bony half-starved Balkan dudes from the old pictures, and after starting to lift weights seriously and eat like this, I've gained about 20 pounds since then. So this is my advice, take it or leave it, if you want to do things the hard way then you can.

Neanderthal
03-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Normally I eat this daily:
-6 scrambled eggs
-500 gr of chicken breast
-1 liter of milk
-2 bread pieces
-3-4 tortillas
-beans or rice
-vegetables
-some fruits

Virtuous
03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Is Ovaltine a good substitute for protein powder?

Desaix DeBurgh
03-13-2015, 06:07 PM
http://fatkidatcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bodybuilding.jpg

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0911/bodybuilding-steroids-bodybuilding-demotivational-poster-1259539907.jpg

http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/compensating-winkie-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1104/isnt-it-ironic-bodybuilder-uterus-look-alike-ironic-demotivational-posters-1303290612.jpg

Desaix DeBurgh
03-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Bodybuilding is not about being physically fit

"Myth: Bodybuilders Are Healthy.

Put health before muscles.

We’ve all seen pictures of tanned, oiled up bodybuilders competing for titles. With their bulging muscles and impossible physiques, one might think that a bodybuilder is the epitome of health. But it couldn’t be further from the truth.

On the day of a competition, most true athletes are at a peak level of health and fitness. For a bodybuilder, it’s the exact opposite. Many are so weak and dehydrated that they’d have trouble running a mile. The reality is that professional bodybuilding can be very unhealthy – and many bodybuilders put their bodies through hell to look the way they do. There’s actually a bodybuilding saying, “Live fast. Die young. Be a beautiful corpse.”

In bodybuilding, the motivation is to look a certain way by building superficial muscles and winning an aesthetic competition. By it’s very nature, bodybuilding isn’t about being healthy. It’s entirely about doing whatever it takes to look a certain way.

According to bodybuilding.com, many bodybuilders suffer from high cholesterol and high blood pressure due to their taxing diets. Moreover, it takes a lot of effort for the human heart to supply blood such a large body mass – and so it increases the risk of heart issues and complications. And that’s without even taking into account the effects of steroid use.

With a goal of true health, proper diet and appropriate exercise are necessary requirements – but bodybuilding takes things to the extreme. Bodybuilding is about vanity and not health. I recommend putting health before muscles. "

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/exercises/myth-bodybuilders-are-healthy

Highlands
03-13-2015, 06:37 PM
1 EGG WHITES
There's a reason why every successful bodybuilder in the world incorporates egg whites into their diet. With a protein to fat ratio of 60:1, egg whites are unquestionably one of the purest forms of protein in the world.

This magnificent muscle-building food also possesses an extremely high biological value - meaning that a large proportion of the protein absorbed from egg whites is readily utilized by your body for protein synthesis. Egg whites also contain very few carbohydrates and are a source of vitamins and minerals.

2 CHICKEN/TURKEY
To pack on pounds of serious muscle, lean meats such as chicken and turkey breasts should be a staple in every bodybuilder's diet. Aside from providing an excellent source of high quality protein, they are also extremely low in saturated and trans fats.

3 FISH
Although the recurring theme so far has been to eat foods that are low in fat, fish is one exception to this rule. Of course you want to stay away from saturated and trans fats, but your body still needs essential fatty acids such as omega-3 to help support the muscle-building process.

Cold water fish such as salmon, tuna, trout and sardines are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. Canned fish packed in water also comes in very handy because it provides a quick source of protein when on the go.

4 BEANS & LEGUMES
If you are serious about building muscle, you can't ignore the power of beans and legumes. When people typically think of bodybuilding foods, they immediately refer to various lean meats, but what they don't realize is that the bean is a delicious and highly nutritious source of protein and fiber.

Fiber is essential to maintaining a regular and normal healthy bowel movement as well as proper insulin response - which is critical to muscle growth as both functions aid in absorption and use of various nutrients and supplements ingested by bodybuilders.

Kidney beans in particular are a very popular choice as they provide nearly 14 grams of both protein and fiber per cup! That's why you should never ignore the power of the bean!

5 LEAN RED MEAT
Lean ground beef and cuts of red meat are excellent massbuilding food sources rich in protein, iron, zinc and B vitamins. Red meats have a high calorie per serving ratio, making it an excellent choice for hard gainers looking to pack on some serious size.

However, because red meats do possess a higher level of saturated fats, they should not be consumed on an everyday basis. Lean red meats are best incorporated into a weekly diet of chicken, turkey and fish - adding a little variety to your weekly nutrition plan.

6 SLOW-BURNING CARBS OR LOW GLYCEMIC CARBS
Muscle isn't built with protein alone. You also need a good source of slow-burning carbohydrates to fuel and sustain your muscles. Slow-acting carbohydrates found in foods such as oatmeal and sweet potatoes make the best pre-workout snack. Why?

Well, when you exercise, muscle glycogen (carbs stored within your muscle) becomes the main source of fuel. As glycogen levels decrease from hard training, your intensity begins to decrease and more importantly, your body begins to tap your muscles for a source of energy thereby causing them to degenerate!

That's why it's so important that no matter what your goals are, in order for your muscle-building machinery to run at maximum levels, you need a consistent source of fuel such as a serving of slow-digesting carbs.

7 WATER
When it comes to musclebuilders, the first thing to come to mind is meat. But the number one item that should be in your arsenal is water. Just think about it - 70 percent of your body is made up of water. Your muscles, tissue cells and ligaments all contain water. And most importantly, your life force - blood - is made up substantially of water.

When it comes to building a massive physique, you need to keep yourself in the most anabolic state possible and that is why many bodybuilders recommend drinking 10 liters of water a day. Staying hydrated also keeps your muscles full looking.

In addition water also serves as a medium in nutrient transport to your muscle cells, making more efficient and effective use of the nutrients and supplements that you consume.

Longbowman
03-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Normally I eat this daily:
-6 scrambled eggs
-500 gr of chicken breast
-1 liter of milk
-2 bread pieces
-3-4 tortillas
-beans or rice
-vegetables
-some fruits

Overkill, you can only digest so much protein in a day, much like vitamin supplements that's a recipe for expensive poop.

Neanderthal
03-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Overkill, you can only digest so much protein in a day, much like vitamin supplements that's a recipe for expensive poop.

I eat 8-9 times a day

Longbowman
03-13-2015, 09:19 PM
I eat 8-9 times a day

I don't understand how this is going to help you become an underwear model.