PDA

View Full Version : Jihadists gaining ground in Iraq

Crn Volk
01-17-2014, 03:27 AM
What a waste of time, money and lives the war was.....

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03/22166297-al-qaeda-linked-forces-capture-town-of-fallujah-in-iraq?lite

DecemberDee
05-08-2014, 10:17 PM
It sure was. I still remember everything to this day. I have relatives who are still living in Iraq, and they constantly have to move because the bombings are increasing. Radical Islamists are taking over now that Iraq is extremely vulnerable. Not to mention the pointless conflict between the Shiites and Sunnis.

Funny, I remember how before the war, my Christian neighbors were treated just like the rest of the people, like family. Now, they are being driven out of their homes. I am afraid that Iraq would turn completely Islamic soon.. My worst nightmare is Sharia Law being implemented in my homeland.

Saddam was an asshole, but we were honestly much better off with him.. The current Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki is a complete idiot. He hasn't done any improvements in Iraq at all..

Chaya
05-09-2014, 03:34 AM
victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers.

Chaya
05-09-2014, 03:40 AM
Correction :- Al-Qaeda it has no links with the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant

Crn Volk
05-09-2014, 03:41 AM
victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers.

Sunni vs Shia

http://replygif.net/i/203.gif

Teyrn
05-09-2014, 03:50 AM
A legacy of the short-sighted foreign policy of the pagan American Empire (not the same as the United States of America, which is the 50 States and various territories like PR).

#1) Overthrow the Iranian Mosaddegh government with the British in the 1950s.
#2) Put the Shah in power.
#3) Abandon the Shah to the Shia fanatics of Khomeini. Carter = weakling.
#4) Support Saddam Hussein to conflict with Khomeini, Kurds, etc.
#5) Turn against Saddam when he menaces takes over Kuwait and Arab oil fields. America must have foreign oil for some reason when it has tons of its own.
#6) Sanctions on Iraq for years, ruining its economy, depressing the people, isolating Saddam, etc.
#7) Make up stories that Saddam was stockpiling WMDs after 9-11-2001.
#8) Invade.
#9) Iraq goes to shit.

Etc.

I think I could create a better foreign policy than this stupidity.

Teyrn
05-09-2014, 03:53 AM

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03/22166297-al-qaeda-linked-forces-capture-town-of-fallujah-in-iraq?lite

My brother survived Iraq but he came back with very severe emotional troubles (PTSD) because of whatever happened to him there. America's soldiers are victims like Iraqi citizens.

Chaya
05-09-2014, 04:02 AM
we are muslims and we are arabs so we are one people and don't want one to interfere in our affairs

Chaya
05-09-2014, 04:04 AM
My brother survived Iraq but he came back with very severe emotional troubles (PTSD) because of whatever happened to him there. America's soldiers are victims like Iraqi citizens.
sad !

zhaoyun
05-09-2014, 04:06 AM
Whoever thinks you can build a democracy without a functioning or prosperous economy, rule of law and a high standard of education for the general population is a complete idiot. But of course, a democracy was not the primary cause for invading Iraq. It was a huge waste in lives and a heavy toll on our coffers, this sham of a war. And all for naught, as Iraq has only delved into chaos and sectarian violence since then, limping from one tragedy to another. For shame, this utter stupidity.

Crn Volk
05-09-2014, 04:19 AM
Whoever thinks you can build a democracy without a functioning or prosperous economy, rule of law and a high standard of education for the general population is a complete idiot. But of course, a democracy was not the primary cause for invading Iraq. It was a huge waste in lives and a heavy toll on our coffers, this sham of a war. And all for naught, as Iraq has only delved into chaos and sectarian violence since then, limping from one tragedy to another. For shame, this utter stupidity.

Indeed, but the threat to Israel from Iraq has diminished, and therefore Israeli success story. The same can be said about Syria, but that is undecided. In any case, it is a ruined country, so again success. Iran remains.....

LightHouse89
05-09-2014, 04:40 AM

my cousin told me only one war story of his experience in Iraq.....and it was when they first arrived. Their first patrol, they were driving their Humvees down a road north of Baghdad, an IED went off and killed every man in the Humvee in front of him Nothing was left, not a blood drop. He was mortified not because of the device but the fact he went through training with those men and they were told they would be fighting people, bad people not road side bombs. My cousin received an injury from that war and not just a mental one but he wont speak about it unless he is black out drunk. The sad fact is in America they never showed the coffins coming off the planes on the news or even as much as showed the majority of people who died and came home in a box the size of a shoe box. That war was for nothing at all. Not one man who gave his live from America or any foreign country for that matter, not one of them died for anything meaningful.

LightHouse89
05-09-2014, 04:43 AM
Indeed, but the threat to Israel from Iraq has diminished, and therefore Israeli success story. The same can be said about Syria, but that is undecided. In any case, it is a ruined country, so again success. Iran remains.....

Asad I actually the better choice for Israel and the Jews know this. The jihadists are most morons who couldn't manage a post office let alone a country and they are just looking for some place to secure ti carry out more attacks against the world. They say they wont attack America again.....and even if they killed every jew they would attack us again.

LightHouse89
05-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Correction :- Al-Qaeda it has no links with the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant

no its just another break off that wishes to bomb other people from around the world. Give them time they will bomb us again and we will return......just hope this time liberals rule us an not someone as sadistic as me.

Prisoner Of Ice
05-09-2014, 04:48 AM
no its just another break off that wishes to bomb other people from around the world. Give them time they will bomb us again and we will return......just hope this time liberals rule us an not someone as sadistic as me.

Hopefully by then President Melonhead's campaign to exterminate people with dark eyes will have done its job.

LightHouse89
05-09-2014, 04:52 AM
A legacy of the short-sighted foreign policy of the pagan American Empire (not the same as the United States of America, which is the 50 States and various territories like PR).

#1) Overthrow the Iranian Mosaddegh government with the British in the 1950s.
#2) Put the Shah in power.
#3) Abandon the Shah to the Shia fanatics of Khomeini. Carter = weakling.
#4) Support Saddam Hussein to conflict with Khomeini, Kurds, etc.
#5) Turn against Saddam when he menaces takes over Kuwait and Arab oil fields. America must have foreign oil for some reason when it has tons of its own.
#6) Sanctions on Iraq for years, ruining its economy, depressing the people, isolating Saddam, etc.
#7) Make up stories that Saddam was stockpiling WMDs after 9-11-2001.
#8) Invade.
#9) Iraq goes to shit.

Etc.

I think I could create a better foreign policy than this stupidity.

The people who rule the world are immoral people who care about their elections and ruling for 4 years.....I mean its like a PTA meeting in America. A fucking joke. Democracy worked in the begining....with every pagan society and every small scale society and then once it grows and becomes a civilization it becomes something else. I hardly consider what I live under to be a democracy....nor do I think democracy is good for anyone any more. What good are human rights when no body follows them? I cannot find one case where American POWs are treated with any respect in enemies hands....they kill them. They kill peasants and its ironic to me. For some reason when our nations enemies get upset after killing our POWs that we mistreat theirs in prison camps. I say they are lucky to be alive.

Prisoner Of Ice
05-09-2014, 04:54 AM
The people who rule the world are immoral people who care about their elections and ruling for 4 years.....I mean its like a PTA meeting in America. A fucking joke. Democracy worked in the begining....with every pagan society and every small scale society and then once it grows and becomes a civilization it becomes something else. I hardly consider what I live under to be a democracy....nor do I think democracy is good for anyone any more. What good are human rights when no body follows them? I cannot find one case where American POWs are treated with any respect in enemies hands....they kill them. They kill peasants and its ironic to me. For some reason when our nations enemies get upset after killing our POWs that we mistreat theirs in prison camps. I say they are lucky to be alive.

It works when society is not full of retards and people who are against the majority.

Stefan_Dusan
05-09-2014, 04:56 AM
Here in American media I don't hear much about Iraq.

So they lost Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Korea at best was draw, maybe even loss since North Korea remains. Troops to the ground, Americans try to occupy and they lose every single time when the population is hostile and willing to make a lot of havoc.

StonyArabia
05-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Not to mention the pointless conflict between the Shiites and Sunnis.

This conflict has it's history with Persian and Turks it's in some way legacy of the Ottomans and Safavid Persians who both used Iraq as battle field. Shittes and Sunnis for years have lived in peace before the arrival of these two rivals the Ottomans and Safavids. For example during the period of the third greatest Arab empire the Fatamids science, culture and pluralistic forms of society were present. The Fatamids being Shias often had Sunnis, Christians, Jews all playing in the society. This was not true of the Shia Safavid Persian empire, since they were not tolerant and are major part of why sectarianism exist. Btw the Shiaism in Iraq was recent most people converted to Shiaism in the late 19th century.

Manifest Destiny
05-15-2014, 02:25 PM
This is my surprised face: :rolleyes:

You can't civilize the uncivilized.

LightHouse89
05-15-2014, 03:54 PM

I am begining to think democracy as a whole is stupid. In smalelr scale societies or countries it could work but the larger a country is and the more political power it has it isnt real.

LightHouse89
05-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Here in American media I don't hear much about Iraq.

So they lost Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Korea at best was draw, maybe even loss since North Korea remains. Troops to the ground, Americans try to occupy and they lose every single time when the population is hostile and willing to make a lot of havoc.

Its because they dont want Democracy or Secular Liberalism ruling over them. I am actually or have grown very anti Democracy lately. All I have to do is look at what western Europe has become and I dont want it here. Its already getting bad. All it took was one mongrel non American president who would fuck this country more than ever.

StonyArabia
05-15-2014, 05:13 PM
This is my surprised face: :rolleyes:

You can't civilize the uncivilized.

No. This would show your ignorance of the region and it's culture of the region. Iraq was actually one of the most developed nations in that region. It was only due to chaotic wars that occurred, things were reduced to what they are now. It was also the most secular country in the region. The sectarian element is in fact quite alien until recently and it does have historical background in Ottoman Turk and Persian Safavid battle/rivalry, before that such sectarian tensions did not exist, as the two sects are not really that different from each other. Stop calling my people uncivilized.

Prisoner Of Ice
05-15-2014, 05:16 PM
I am begining to think democracy as a whole is stupid. In smalelr scale societies or countries it could work but the larger a country is and the more political power it has it isnt real.

So are democrats today but they will take that burden from you.

Ultra
05-16-2014, 01:45 AM
It doesn't even work in small countries.

Manifest Destiny
05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
No. This would show your ignorance of the region and it's culture of the region. Iraq was actually one of the most developed nations in that region. It was only due to chaotic wars that occurred, things were reduced to what they are now. It was also the most secular country in the region. The sectarian element is in fact quite alien until recently and it does have historical background in Ottoman Turk and Persian Safavid battle/rivalry, before that such sectarian tensions did not exist, as the two sects are not really that different from each other. Stop calling my people uncivilized.

Being the most civilized of the uncivilized is like being the smartest kid in the special education class. Nobody is impressed besides the other retards. The Middle East has been backwards for quite some time and shows no signs of turning that around. There's no point in pretending otherwise.

LightHouse89
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
we are muslims and we are arabs so we are one people and don't want one to interfere in our affairs

oh chaya we should all be friends and sing Kumbia My lord :thumb001: imagine if the world was nothing more than a bunch of hippies? no fighting or terrorism but man we would all be pathetic pacifists.

LightHouse89
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
It doesn't even work in small countries.

It works in Switzerland and the Netherlands. I detest how in the Netherlands prositution is legal, that is so disgusting. [dont mean to go off topic].

Äijä
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
War should waged like the opponent understands it.
Killing as much as possible of the population of Iraq would have brought peace, sooner or later.

LightHouse89
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Being the most civilized of the uncivilized is like being the smartest kid in the special education class. Nobody is impressed besides the other retards. The Middle East has been backwards for quite some time and shows no signs of turning that around. There's no point in pretending otherwise.

My cousin works over there. There is alot of tribal conflict there between religion and tribes. Democracy wont work very well there because of this and the fact Iraqis cannot agree with much. The only areas where it seems to work is Kurdistan areas. The Kurds are the only group that are not religious extremists they are however more of political extremists. There are alot of issues there though. The religious nuts think by installing an older form of government will work, part of me doesnt blame them because they look at the west and see how bad our societies are becoming thats why they dont want anything to do with our form of government. I mean I am sure they watched Eurovision and wanted to blow their own brains out at show and awe of how immoral the west has become.

LightHouse89
05-22-2014, 11:47 AM
War should waged like the opponent understands it.
Killing as much as possible of the population of Iraq would have brought peace, sooner or later.

I think we are better off leaving them to deal with their issues. The problem is most of the religious nuts refuse to even be diplomatic with the world and will hold everyone who disagrees with them hostage. They will eventually cross the line again and blame us for their actions. The best solution would be if they fight it out and become unpopular and dont bother us anymore and we dont bother them anymore.

Äijä
05-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I think we are better off leaving them to deal with their issues. The problem is most of the religious nuts refuse to even be diplomatic with the world and will hold everyone who disagrees with them hostage. They will eventually cross the line again and blame us for their actions. The best solution would be if they fight it out and become unpopular and dont bother us anymore and we dont bother them anymore.

I was against the war and it is not my problem.

But from the US point if you go to war you better win, only way to win these hell holes is to genocide some tribes or clans totally and let the rest surrender for real.

Jackson
05-22-2014, 01:46 PM
It sure was. I still remember everything to this day. I have relatives who are still living in Iraq, and they constantly have to move because the bombings are increasing. Radical Islamists are taking over now that Iraq is extremely vulnerable. Not to mention the pointless conflict between the Shiites and Sunnis.

Funny, I remember how before the war, my Christian neighbors were treated just like the rest of the people, like family. Now, they are being driven out of their homes. I am afraid that Iraq would turn completely Islamic soon.. My worst nightmare is Sharia Law being implemented in my homeland.

Saddam was an asshole, but we were honestly much better off with him.. The current Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki is a complete idiot. He hasn't done any improvements in Iraq at all..

I remember seeing a documentary a little while ago (can't remember exactly what it was though) in which some of the people said basically the same thing, that even if they didn't like him, things were more stable.

Kemalisté
05-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I just watched a video of drive-by executions by ISIL in Al-Anbar, Iraq. Horrible... (+18)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQ7GMQW2AM

StonyArabia
05-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Well I do get your point, however Iraq relatively did the development quite fast actually. If the wars never occurred I am pretty sure it would have surpassed most of parts of Europe especially Eastern Europe. It was starting to industrialize on minimal scale, and had a strong agricultural section, and of course oil which helped in the process. It only collapsed due to wars. Not really the Middle East became backwards recently due to various factors, but it was always were civilization shined. That said there areas of the Middle East that are relatively more developed and have strong economy especially if you compare them to some Eastern European states, even when they are part in the EU. They are only not called third world countries because they are located in Europe which is a joke to say the least. Some of these countries are even less developed than Libya which actually says a lot.