PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather live in Australia or Canada?

DeaththeKid
01-19-2014, 10:40 PM
provide a reason if you can

Fincher
01-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Canada. I'm not a fan of the sun, believe it or not. I prefer my ambience to be as gloomy and desolate as possible. Something like this song:

http://youtu.be/opTQURS6p2k

Proctor
01-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Australia for their insanely awesome accent.

safinator
01-19-2014, 10:55 PM
I've always wanted to visit far NW Australia, placs like Broome and Port Hedland :cool:

Iloko
01-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I had a super hard time deciding on this one. For one, Australia has great weather, awesome accent, and you get to see Australian Abos and kangaroos, but on the other hand, Canada, although I've never been, looks very clean, big & open, has similar layout and zoning pattern as the US, and overall very nice, so I voted for Canada. :)

Leo Iscariot
01-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Tough decision, but I'll say Canada.

Óttar
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Australia. Being in Wisconsin, I am sick of the Nordic tundra death weather. Plus, Aussie Rules Football looks awesome, and their tie to Britain and British culture is stronger despite both countries being what I call "quasi-Dominions."

Black Wolf
01-19-2014, 11:30 PM
I may be a bit bias but I gotta say Canada. :P

LightHouse89
01-19-2014, 11:34 PM
neither. both have oppressive gun laws.

Damião de Góis
01-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Australia

Wadaad
01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Australians are more uncouth and the people lack meaningful goals and purpose in life. They are not very concerned with academic subjects, worldly matters, nor culture, but are more amused with unimportant matters and simple activities such as celebrity gossip, shopping for useless merchandise (like cigarettes), and excessive partying into late hours..Canadians are more classy, civil and make good neighbours.

LightHouse89
01-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Australians are more uncouth and the people lack meaningful goals and purpose in life. They are not very concerned with academic subjects, worldly matters, nor culture, but are more amused with unimportant matters and simple activities such as celebrity gossip, shopping for useless merchandise (like cigarettes), and excessive partying into late hours..Canadians are more classy, civil and make good neighbours.

id rather live in rural new England in the woods, where I can legally own what I want. celebrity gossip is for fags....is that what the men there actually talk about? I smoke cigarettes what's wrong with that?

LightHouse89
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
provide a reason if you can

you should have a option to saying no I wouldn't LOL. both countries are lame to me.

Crn Volk
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Australia of course

DeaththeKid
01-19-2014, 11:51 PM
id rather live in rural new England in the woods, where I can legally own what I want. celebrity gossip is for fags....is that what the men there actually talk about? I smoke cigarettes what's wrong with that?

The men here don't talk about celebrity gossip. But Wararka is probably right about the average Canadian being more "classy" then the average Australian.

Wadaad
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM

do you live near a meth lab...

DeaththeKid
01-19-2014, 11:54 PM
you should have a option to saying no I wouldn't LOL. both countries are lame to me.

The poll is about if you had to choose. Like if someone pointed a gun to you're head and forced you to chose one of them :D

DeaththeKid
01-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Australia of course

Yes there is a strong Macedonian community here :D

Minesweeper
01-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Australia, it's warm there.

Raffson
01-20-2014, 12:02 AM
None.

Leo Iscariot
01-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Australia. Being in Wisconsin, I am sick of the Nordic tundra death weather. Plus, Aussie Rules Football looks awesome, and their tie to Britain and British culture is stronger despite both countries being what I call "quasi-Dominions."

I was born in WI, so I get that mentality. But that's why I think that I'd do better up there considering that WI is basically Canada. :lol:

LightHouse89
01-20-2014, 12:05 AM
do you live near a meth lab...

Nope. Meth is out in the Mid west and hopefully never around here. In my town for example a recent thing was some guy selling heroin to teens, he was found badly beaten in an alley way down town acouple of months ago...no one has seen him since :thumb001: My town is quaint and a factory town although the factories are closing. I like Maine more than Massachusetts, the air quality is so much better. Here the air quality isn't so good as the cities are getting larger due to more immigrants and people looking for work in the cities. I prefer living near nature. The out doors is much better and less depressing than a concrete jungle.

Have not heard of meth being here but in Vermont there is a cocaine problem coming from Canada. A reason we should put troops on the border and shoot illegals who bring drugs here.

LightHouse89
01-20-2014, 12:06 AM
The poll is about if you had to choose. Like if someone pointed a gun to you're head and forced you to chose one of them :D

I would take the bullet as I refuse to live in a country that views owning guns and protecting yourself as a bad thing. I refuse to live amongst pussies.

LightHouse89
01-20-2014, 12:06 AM
The men here don't talk about celebrity gossip. But Wararka is probably right about the average Canadian being more "classy" then the average Australian.

Oh but I would rather not live in Either area. Maybe Alaska if more white women lived there, too many eskimos.

Diërker
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Kanaydia

rhiannon
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Canada. I'm not a fan of the sun, believe it or not. I prefer my ambience to be as gloomy and desolate as possible.
:thumb001:

Canada by a landslide.

I could never handle or even try to tolerate the heat, brightness, and raw energy of the sun beating down on me the way it does on poor, hapless Australians. No way. Canada is much like Northern Europe in climate, culture, and topography. I could easily live there :)

Anglojew
01-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Australia. Too many Indians in Canada.

That's a joke btw

DeaththeKid
01-20-2014, 12:10 AM
I would take the bullet as I refuse to live in a country that views owning guns and protecting yourself as a bad thing. I refuse to live amongst pussies.

lol I thought you might say that, yeah it sucks that they don't let us own guns. I heard that in NZ they're pretty easy to get. I don't think you can carry them around but you're allowed to keep a rifle in your house or so I've heard.

DeaththeKid
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Australia. Too many Indians in Canada.

That's a joke btw

That's okay I fully understand the desire to be around one's own kind. Yeah I think Canada has more non-whites then Australia but all of Australia's major cities are pretty diverse now.

Quasimodem
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Very similar countries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgJhPR_crU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBXWY9YTd6o

I guess it comes down to your climate preferences. :p

Dandelion
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Iglos, moose and lumberjacks. Canada of course.

Fincher
01-20-2014, 12:23 AM
:thumb001:

Canada by a landslide.

I could never handle or even try to tolerate the heat, brightness, and raw energy of the sun beating down on me the way it does on poor, hapless Australians. No way. Canada is much like Northern Europe in climate, culture, and topography. I could easily live there :)

Yeah, I could picture myself living on a Scandinavian island or an Atlantic facade region:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1ut4D1lnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRFUivotCRk

Quasimodem
01-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Objectively, Australia is a better place to live. It's ahead of Canada in HDI (see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI)). Only Norway is higher.

BeerBaron
01-20-2014, 12:41 AM
I could never tolerate aussie heat, so it'd be Canada. Plus i dont like all the stingy insects and every animal is poisonous.

But id choose neither to be in norway or iceland.

RussiaPrussia
01-20-2014, 12:41 AM
canada, its a mix of russia and america with some french

LightHouse89
01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
lol I thought you might say that, yeah it sucks that they don't let us own guns. I heard that in NZ they're pretty easy to get. I don't think you can carry them around but you're allowed to keep a rifle in your house or so I've heard.

Anglo-Saxons have a fetish for zero tolerance for a man owning a weapon to hunt with or self defense. In Maine you can own anything except a flamethrower, rpg or heavy machine gun. Not to mention nightvision goggles. You can hunt here but it goes by seasons and never hunt a pregnant animal. I tend to never shoot female animals as I view it as bad luck. No problem with a buck or male moose or bear. Bears are not really fun to hunt though....its kinda messed up.

LightHouse89
01-20-2014, 12:53 AM
go bruins :D

BeerBaron
01-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Anglo-Saxons have a fetish for zero tolerance for a man owning a weapon to hunt with or self defense. In Maine you can own anything except a flamethrower, rpg or heavy machine gun. Not to mention nightvision goggles. You can hunt here but it goes by seasons and never hunt a pregnant animal. I tend to never shoot female animals as I view it as bad luck. No problem with a buck or male moose or bear. Bears are not really fun to hunt though....its kinda messed up.

You sure about that? an RPG is classified as a DD (destructive device) and with a background check and a $20 dollar tax stamp are legal in most states, machine guns are legal in most states as well with a $200 dollar tax stamp and a background check.

KrashNick
01-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Canada

Peyrol
01-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Canada: Quebec City, Montréal or Saguenay (where i've some relatives).

Peyrol
01-26-2014, 09:21 PM
...ah, and obviously:

Dieu sauve la Nouvelle France!!! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lroZWFhYPvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njVuLtWh6lA

Furia
01-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Australia, I'm getting tired of this fucking weather.

Burkean
02-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Like both countries, but would live rather in Australia cuz if I am not mistaken, it's easier to live there for an immigrant

Sarmatian
02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Neither. I chose New Zealand :thumb001:

The King, I am
02-03-2014, 12:35 PM
I love both a lot but...

Australia wins

Mortimer
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I dont know how it is to live in either country, but i dont like extreme heat so id go with canada