PDA

View Full Version : Worst case Ukraine scenario

DeaththeKid
01-21-2014, 03:19 AM
The protests get out of hand maybe elements of the police or military revolt and the protesters manage to take control of some cities. The Ukrainian government then calls for Russian troops to restore order. The Russians begin crushing the protesters. The international community demand the removal of Russian troops (if this happens before or during the Olympics many countries pull out and IOC threatens to cancel them). Poland finally decides to create a safe buffer zone in Western Ukraine. Polish troops move in (not sure whether this will be contested by the Ukrainian military, maybe it will be split). The Ukrainian government demand the withdrawal of Polish troops. Poland says it does not recognize the government of Ukraine. Russian troops move west and they clash with Polish troops....

Pretty scary scenario. But I think it would be contained. Poland has a lot of tanks but their airforce sucks compared to the Russians. Russia would probably just push Polish troops out of Ukraine and maybe bomb some military targets but I don't think they will invade since then the Germans (as well as other countries) would probably get involved in support of Poland. I don't know if NATO would apply in this scenario since Poland did provoke Russia. So if some NATO members don't want to get involved they have an out. Anyway other countries would only get involved if Russia invaded Poland which they won't. Still it would be a pretty bad war.

I don't think this is likley to happen but it's fun thinking scenarios.

Diërker
01-21-2014, 03:21 AM
Worst case to ever happen in Ukraine was Pripieyat explosion