PDA

View Full Version : Is Atheism A Disease?

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 11:13 AM
http://youtu.be/a3J3H96S-O8

Abnormally protruding stomach, indications of possible scoliosis or even worse; This lady could be suffering from stomach bloat! l also noticed a slight tremor (1:15 06).

*...ls God a “trinity?" Was Virgin Mary conceived free from original sin? For me this is totally irrelevant. The real question is; Why has God given all the power to the psychopathic dunder-headed atheistic buffoons?

:sing:

Paluga
01-21-2014, 11:23 AM
It is everything in God's will. If people want to be atheists it's their destiny.

Dombra
01-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Atheism is enlightenment :cool: Deal with it

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
It is everything in God's will. If people want to be atheists it's their destiny.

Wise and profound person you are.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM

Can l take your word for it?

Weedman
01-21-2014, 11:30 AM
atheism? no
pedophilia? yes.............and the Catholic church knows all too well about that one, lol

Dombra
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Can l take your word for it?

Wallah

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Wallah

So be it!

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 11:41 AM
atheism? no
pedophilia? yes.............and the Catholic church knows all too well about that one, lol

One of Loki´s henchmen? :blink:

Smaug
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
No, but ignorance such as that is certainly the cancer of our society.

Weedman
01-21-2014, 11:50 AM

who?

lol

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:02 PM
No, but ignorance such as that is certainly the cancer of our society.

lgnorance is a privilege granted to The atheists.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:06 PM
who?

Stick to the topic-

Loki
01-21-2014, 12:10 PM

Excuse me?

Weedman
01-21-2014, 12:17 PM
lgnorance is a privilege granted to The atheists.
that is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard

and btw, what happened to "thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged" ?

did you forget that one so easily already?

lol

Prisoner Of Ice
01-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Darth Vader finds lack of faith very disturbing, and that's good enough for me. You never here about a long and proud line of atheists, they blow away in the wind without something to center them.

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Why someone has connection with God or not keep bothers other people ?
Everyone of us are responsible of our own souls ,Even God gave a free will to people so we have our freedom of choice ..Belivers keep rejecting "The Free Will" ,the basis of existence ,also denying we are all alone on our path are creating most problem ,not atheists.

People need to live their own life , seems like real disease are those who simply can't follow their own path without a companion.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Excuse me?

Oh, the lord of Apricity has finally knocked on my door!

That flock of parrots flying over your nest... Well it leaves you with a good feeling, but can you tell what do they really mean with screaming yay or nay?

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:38 PM
that is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard

and btw, what happened to "thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged" ?

did you forget that one so easily already?

lol

l judge and l shall be judged.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Everyone of us are responsible of our own souls ,Even God gave a free will to people so we have our freedom of choice ..Belivers keep rejecting "The Free Will" ,the basis of existance ,also denying we are all alone on our path are creating most problem ,not atheists.

People need to live their own life , seems like real disease is those who simply can't follow their own path without a companion.

You are a devout believer! May God take care of You, Breeze :)

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Darth Vader finds lack of faith very disturbing, and that's good enough for me. You never here about a long and proud line of atheists, they blow away in the wind without something to center them.

I can't quite comprehend..." But you are probably right.

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
You are a devout believer! May God take care of You, Breeze :)

Actually I don't think a lot on that . May be some people are tend to be religious ,they born with it ,they need to talk about God ,soul ,destiny stuff like these ..They are natural born religious types. I don't ,as long as someone ask me about.

Also I think some nations are more inclined to be serious believers ..just an observation.

Caismeachd
01-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Google is your god now.

dude
01-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Since God created man as a copy of him, then God must not be that great. He most be stupid and delusional just like most men.

Caismeachd
01-21-2014, 01:24 PM
He did a poor job with design for sure. Giving us spines designed for quadrupeds and vestgial organs we don't need.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Actually I don't think a lot on that . May be some people are tend to be religious ,they born with it ,they need to talk about God ,soul ,destiny stuff like these ..They are natural born religious types. I don't ,as long as someone ask me about.

Also I think some nations are more inclined to be serious believers ..just an observation.

Very good observation! (l was not patronising you) My little cat God just ask me out on a date.

l´ll return soon.

:cool:

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I didn't think you do ...

BTW I dont believe antromorphic God image ..We are not God's copies ..We are just another specie on earth..
A limitless being in a limited shape is a result of our limited imagination..or we are flattering ourselves

Sky earth
01-21-2014, 01:58 PM
I ask myself when atheism will take over Eastern Europe. It is already a stronghold in any Western European country

Loki
01-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Oh, the lord of Apricity has finally knocked on my door!

That flock of parrots flying over your nest... Well it leaves you with a good feeling, but can you tell what do they really mean with screaming yay or nay?

The pleasure is all mine. :)

StonyArabia
01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Atheism is mental illness actually.

Loki
01-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Atheism is mental illness actually.

lol

In fact, it's a sign of a healthy, free-thinking mind.

Methusalem
01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Yes it is.

Loki
01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes it is.

Oh noes. I'm infected!

StonyArabia
01-21-2014, 02:09 PM
lol

In fact, it's a sign of a healthy, free-thinking mind.

The problem with Atheism is the denial of reality and making the person or self into God. In many Atheists might think they are free but in reality they are not. In general they have a void a spiritual one which indicates that they know there is a God but they don't want to worship this ultimate reality. Man's nature knows God or a greater power, thus making Atheism unnatural.

Methusalem
01-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh noes. I'm infected!

Don't be frightened, there is hope since this is the life saving medicine:

http://www.totallycatholic.com/catimages/HM200.JPG

Loki
01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Don't be frightened, there is hope since this is the life saving medicine:

http://www.totallycatholic.com/catimages/HM200.JPG

That stuff is frightening! Jeez ... it burns me like acid! Am I a vampire??

Loki
01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
The problem with Atheism is the denial of reality and making the person or self into God. In many Atheists might think they are free but in reality they are not. In general they have a void a spiritual one which indicates that they know there is a God but they don't want to worship this ultimate reality. Man's nature knows God or a greater power, thus making Atheism unnatural.

What reality of God? It's all wishful thinking.

Methusalem
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
That stuff is frightening! Jeez ... it burns me like acid! Am I a vampire??

lol there is no hope it seems. :laugh:

StonyArabia
01-21-2014, 02:19 PM
What reality of God? It's all wishful thinking.

The reality of God can be explained by the complex creation in this world. Also it's in our nature to worship and try to know God, this can be found in any society, Atheism destroys this inclination that's natural through artificial means. That said there is documentary which explains the situation far better than I can its called The Collapse of Atheism.

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
It already has. (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/rel_chu_att-religion-church-attendance)

Earlier than in many Western European countries in some. For instance in the EU alone the most atheist country is the Czech Republic. In Europe altogether it'd be Albania.

Catholicism in Poland is still alive on the other hand, but it's almost comparable as the situation in Ireland which is Western European.

Graham
01-21-2014, 02:53 PM
A disease

or

A progressive enlightenment of ones mind.

Weedman
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
you do know many important early Americans (Founding Fathers) were deists, right?
even if not true atheists, many sure as hell werent church goers either.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:21 PM

Everyone of us are responsible of our own souls ,Even God gave a free will to people so we have our freedom of choice ..Belivers keep rejecting "The Free Will" ,the basis of existence ,also denying we are all alone on our path are creating most problem ,not atheists.

People need to live their own life , seems like real disease are those who simply can't follow their own path without a companion.

BTW I dont believe antromorphic God image. We are not God's copies ..We are just another specie on earth..
A limitless being in a limited shape is a result of our limited imagination..or we are flattering ourselves

We are obviously not just another specie on Earth. Our limitations are in fact... an endless source of opportunity! You are not perfect are you? Amoeba is. You will overcome the death and l will follow your lead -and who will remember her, the perfect amoeba?

l have no clue how the God (algorithm) looks like, people are likely striving to put themselves down by building other entities up. But l noticed that the devil is playing for both his current teams and he (the devil) is also the referee. So its up to you to decide to whom you shall give your heart freely

:love0026:

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Google is your god now.

Till they cut the power.

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
We are obviously not just another specie on Earth. Our limitations are in fact... an endless source of opportunity! You are not perfect are you? Amoeba is. You will overcome the death and l will follow your lead -and who will remember her, the perfect amoeba?

l have no clue how the God (algorithm) looks like, people are likely striving to put themselves down by building other entities up. But l noticed that the devil is playing for both his current teams and he (the devil) is also the referee. So its up to you to decide to whom you shall give your heart freely

:love0026:

I don't see any difference between an oaktree ,otter ,polarbear and me..
we are all from same source and connected .I ll go where they go when I am dead ..

http://i.imgur.com/6BonTkj.jpg?1

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
He did a poor job with design for sure. Giving us spines designed for quadrupeds and vestgial organs we don't need.

Try to abolish your failed existence.

Loki
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM
meAyin-sixteen, have you become religious?

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Since God created man as a copy of him, then God must not be that great. He most be stupid and delusional just like most men.

God is just your mirror image. lf you are full of sheeat than your god is just a shitty god.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
The pleasure is all mine. :)

May the sunshine lighten your way. :thumb001:

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
meAyin-sixteen, have you become religious?

Lost in time and lost in space.

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:36 PM
we are all from same source and connected .I ll go where they go when I am dead ..

dude
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
God is just your mirror image. lf you are full of sheeat than your god is just a shitty god.

I am Godless. So does this mean everyone makes up their own God.. that explains...

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I am Godless. So does this mean everyone makes up their own God.. that explains...

You just reached a 33 dimensional level of comprehension. l am not able to follow you anymore.

dude
01-21-2014, 06:57 PM
You just reached a 33 dimensional level of comprehension. l am not able to follow you anymore.

I'm sorry the idea of not having a God is beyond your comprehension.

Annihilus
01-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Atheists are closer to god than your average, can't be anything else but, religious people.

Cleitus
01-21-2014, 07:03 PM
NO

meAyin-sixteen
01-21-2014, 07:07 PM
we are all from same source and connected

.I ll go where they go when I am dead ..

You will never die...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neloqua/261292981/sizes/z/in/faves-65438542@N02/

Mehmet
01-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Remove the Catholic religion from your shitty country, Pardo's would be gang raping your women.

meAyin-sixteen
01-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Day 2

Go figure. No one even cared to watch/comment the video...

The almighty God has given me the tongue but forget to add the common sense "for one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God" so there´s no way l could elaborate or reveal the Mistery, the Mistery that have confused and haunted many from time to time.

All what´s left is a sense of impending doom. The war is imminent but it won´t be like... Hollywood kaboom explosion. That "thing" will implode in our hearts...

http://youtu.be/YVxn6wn-2Xc

edit

:whistle:

SardiniaAtlantis
01-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I made the life, I made the tree, I made the light for you and me.

meAyin-sixteen
01-22-2014, 06:36 AM
I made the life, I made the tree, I made the light for you and me.

Dont cry l´ ll tell you why,

The sky is blue, the sky is pink,

just come with me don´t be afraid,

:wink wink... wink... wink...

Caismeachd
01-22-2014, 08:19 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zFITycizh2M/Ts27VA6ctnI/AAAAAAAARuY/w1m6j7rpwwI/s640/jesus-dinosaur.png

Weedman
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM
atheism is a gift

evangelicism is a disease..........and most likely a form of mental illness too.

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-22-2014, 09:34 AM
You will never die...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neloqua/261292981/sizes/z/in/faves-65438542@N02/

I don't want immortality..Death and life has a balance .
That is rule of nature and I love nature :)

meAyin-sixteen
01-22-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't want immortality..Death and life has a balance .
That is rule of nature and I love nature :)

...You can never, never die, Breeze! It's my way of saying I remember you :D

Siberian Cold Breeze
01-22-2014, 04:06 PM
...You can never, never die, Breeze! It's my way of saying I remember you :D
thank you my dear friend ,me too :rose:

Dandelion
01-22-2014, 04:14 PM
How come you always use a lower case 'L' when you're typing an upper case 'i'?

Neanderthal
01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, I believe atheist are diseased for not seeing the marvels of the universe which Anunnaki gave to us. But I don't hate them, I pity them.

meAyin-sixteen
01-22-2014, 09:32 PM
thank you my dear friend ,me too :rose:

:heartbea::dance::heartbea::dance:

**If I could scream loud enough for the whole world... l´ll put your fragrant, blooming flower under the pillow again and....

dude
01-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Dont cry l´ ll tell you why,

The sky is blue, the sky is pink,

just come with me don´t be afraid,

:wink wink... wink... wink...

The sky is purple in LA when there is too much smug.

Yaroslav
01-25-2014, 11:50 PM
No, people who blame sins on disease or genetics rather than free will are heretics and fully guilty of the sins of the sinners that they defend. I've noticed people do this for homosexuality and pedophilia, but this is the first time I'm seeing this monstrous heresy concerning atheism.

Kalimtari
03-21-2014, 10:17 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0X1ggm5ZqsA/TKdJPmlwI2I/AAAAAAAAIvo/bArYGQh755E/s1600/third_party_facepalm.jpg

Selurong
03-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Take your Enlightenment hoohaa down your bum. Romanticism > Enlightenment.

wvwvw
03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Atheism is a bit too dogmatic, anyone heard of possibilianism? :D

Possibilianism

Possibilianism is a philosophy which rejects both the idiosyncratic claims of traditional theism and the positions of certainty in atheism in favor of a middle, exploratory ground. The term was first defined by neuroscientist David Eagleman in relation to his book of fiction Sum. Asked whether he was an atheist or a religious person on a National Public Radio interview in February, 2009, he replied "I call myself a Possibilian: I'm open to ideas that we don't have any way of testing right now." In a subsequent interview with the New York Times, Eagleman expanded on the definition:

"Our ignorance of the cosmos is too vast to commit to atheism, and yet we know too much to commit to a particular religion. A third position, agnosticism, is often an uninteresting stance in which a person simply questions whether his traditional religious story (say, a man with a beard on a cloud) is true or not true. But with Possibilianism I'm hoping to define a new position -- one that emphasizes the exploration of new, unconsidered possibilities. Possibilianism is comfortable holding multiple ideas in mind; it is not interested in committing to any particular story."

An adherent of possibilianism is called a possibilian. The possibilian perspective is distinguished from agnosticism in that it consists of an active exploration of novel possibilities and an emphasis on the necessity of holding multiple positions at once if there is no available data to privilege one over the others. Possibilianism reflects the scientific temperament of creativity, testing, and tolerance for multiple ideas.

Kalimtari
03-21-2014, 12:02 PM
many things are (potentially) possible, but how many of them are really plausible?

dude
03-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Take your Enlightenment hoohaa down your bum. Romanticism > Enlightenment.

Actually is is called "Renaissance".

Selurong
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Actually is is called "Renaissance".

You have no clue really. The Renaissance is Christian-Humanist in character, the anti-religious and masonic "Enlightenment" thinking came after the Renaissance and the Romantic movement was formed to counter the Enlightenment Movement.

You are an atheist and a hater of religion so I class you into the "Illuminati" or Enlightenment thinker philosophical movement and my Romantic mind frame will rage against your intellectual arrogance and disregard for the beauty of religion and your blatant denial of the human soul.

dude
03-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I will gladly admit I did mistake the Enlightenment period for Renaissance while making a quick comment. However, You just proved the point that theist people are highly judgmental. By the fact that you came up with all that from my comment. Since all of that made up, and quite likely driven by emotion, I wonder how much of that is brimming on Theists literature.

Prisoner Of Ice
03-21-2014, 07:18 PM
no

Prisoner Of Ice
03-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Is enlightenment codeword for hostess cupcakes? Why is it people who believe in god are usually in shape but outspoken atheists are fat, retarded looking moron pseudoscientists with liberal arts degrees?

Cail
03-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Religions are diseases. Rational and cold mind is the pinnacle of creation.

Also
03-31-2014, 01:37 AM
The new-atheism is certainly a disease. It's often embarrassing to see how radical and hateful many of them are and how they endorse their position in pseudo-logic and inconsistent materialistic philosophies.

Not to mention they jump at any opportunity to attack the Church but most of them never really bothered to study in deep what they are talking about.

Neanderthal
03-31-2014, 02:08 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/28e48a8bd14c2df91b93c699d72a0f0e82addee04207ca4b05 74d6819fc043e4.jpg

Also
03-31-2014, 02:18 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/28e48a8bd14c2df91b93c699d72a0f0e82addee04207ca4b05 74d6819fc043e4.jpg

Lmao, I've seen this once some time ago, this is so funny because it's fits so well some people. But I think it ended "talks about religion everyday, all day".

Neanderthal
03-31-2014, 02:24 AM
Lmao, I've seen this once some time ago, this is so funny because it's fits so well some people. But I think it ended "talks about religion everyday, all day".

Reminds me of my ex girlfriend's sister, very smart woman but she was obsessed with religion and she was a fervent atheist.

Also
03-31-2014, 02:27 AM
Reminds me of my ex girlfriend's sister, very smart woman but she was obsessed with religion and she was a fervent atheist.

Fervent atheists are usually very confused people or personally commited to the inexistence of God in my experience.

Kalimtari
03-31-2014, 09:31 AM
my case:

http://i.qkme.me/35sh86.jpg

:D

meAyin-sixteen
03-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Religions are diseases. Rational and cold mind is the pinnacle of creation.

Rational and coldminded people invented the atomic bomb, and when the bomb exploded they started frantically yelling and screaming:´God is deaaaad, God is deaad!!!´ :fcandle:

...Well, it seems to me, Cail, that out of all PRO- and ANTI- whatnot redeamers, no one really cares. Their Evangelium is all about survival not God.

http://www.mfablog.org/pig-farm.jpg

His Word is hidden in the tormented hearts of the farm and lab animals yet no one is around to hear Him cry...

Arcadefire
03-31-2014, 11:19 AM
People could do without religion. Its nothing but an institutionalized gangs. The fact that religious people need to assert their moral superiority over those who could give rats ass about some phantom tooth fairy up in the sky just exposes their need to constantly assure themselves of their faith.

Arcadefire
03-31-2014, 11:23 AM
http://godandwar.wikispaces.com/List+of+Religious+Wars

meAyin-sixteen
03-31-2014, 11:39 AM
People could do without religion. Its nothing but an institutionalized gangs. The fact that religious people need to assert their moral superiority over those who could give rats ass about some phantom tooth fairy up in the sky just exposes their need to constantly assure themselves of their faith.

Love is (obviously) in no hurry and all one can do is to express xh pain and sorrow. And leave quietly.

*http://www.returnofkings.com/2099/the-9-ugliest-american-feminists

Also
03-31-2014, 04:07 PM

If you think belief in God is analogous to belief in tooth fairies then clearly you don't understand the least of Christianity.

http://godandwar.wikispaces.com/List+of+Religious+Wars

If that's your criteria atheists lose far behind:

Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million.

Courtois (1999) "Introduction" p. X: USSR: 20 million deaths; China: 65 million deaths; Vietnam: 1 million deaths; North Korea: 2 million deaths; Cambodia: 2 million deaths; Eastern Europe: 1 million deaths; Latin America: 150,000 deaths; Africa: 1.7 million deaths; Afghanistan: 1.5 million deaths; the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power: about 10,000 deaths.

Comparison to other mass killings

Daniel Goldhagen argues that 20th century Communist regimes "have killed more people than any other regime type."[52] Other scholars in the fields of Communist studies and genocide studies, such as Steven Rosefielde, Benjamin Valentino, and R.J. Rummel, have come to similar conclusions.[2][26][53] Rosefielde states that it is possible the "Red Holocaust" killed more non-combatants than "Ha Shoah" and "Japan's Asian holocaust" combined, and "was at least as heinous, given the singularity of Hitler's genocide." Rosefielde also notes that "while it is fashionable to mitigate the Red Holocaust by observing that capitalism killed millions of colonials in the twentieth century, primarily through man-made famines, no inventory of such felonious negligent homicides comes close to the Red Holocaust total."[53]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_ki...munist_regimes

Loki
03-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Atheism is the rational position. There is no evidence of any gods.

Minesweeper
03-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Atheistic Fundamentalism is a disease, just like its religious equivalent.

Loki
03-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Atheistic Fundamentalism is a disease, just like its religious equivalent.

Not really. It's a reactionary initiative to challenge the blindly accepted status quo.

Also
03-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Atheism is the rational position. There is no evidence of any gods.

Of course there is evidence for God. Atheism is less rational than theism and lacks explanatory power, what is the evidence God does not exist?

portusaus
03-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Of course there is evidence for God. Atheism is less rational than theism and lacks explanatory power, what is the evidence God does not exist?

You can't prove that something doesn't exist. What evidence for God is there?

Also
03-31-2014, 09:12 PM
You can't prove that something doesn't exist. What evidence for God is there?

It's not true that you can't prove that something doesn't exist. I've notice it is common place in atheist circles to say "well... you can't prove a negative", which is from where I believe you're getting that, but this is total pesudo-logic and not worthy merit. I could prove to you there are no tyrannosaurus on earth, or things that are self-contradictory don't exist, like there are no married bachelors. Also there is no greatest prime number, etc... Even the sentence "you can't prove a negative" is a negative sentence, so if it were true we would never know it. In fact this sentence is even worse because you can always rephrase a negative sentence to make it a positive sentence and vice-versa.
And even if you can't prove something does not exists it doesn't excuse you from saying it doesn't, you should abstain from saying it doesn't if that's the case. But even those atheists who are really agnostics and not 'atheists' in the proper sense, won't bother with people saying God does not exist as they do with those saying God does exist.

The evidence for God is there for people who are sincerely looking for God. It is very evident that our universe is endowed with purpose, and that there are objective moral facts, so there is really a way we ought to act, in accordance to some purpose that is part of the universe and was not put there by humans, if atheism were true there would be no purpose at all in the universe, the wings of a bird are not really to fly, the hands are not to catch things, the heart is not to pump blood, the eye is not to see, the feet is not to walk, these things exist merely as casualties, no argument put forward for atheism could be so convincing and so strong that it could overcome the truism that there is purpose in our universe. "Oh, but theory of evolution!", understanding the natural machanisms and by the virtue of this understanding being able to make predictions doesn't do anything to show there is no purpose in them, just because I may be able to understand the mechanisms of a watch and create laws about how the pointer moves doesn't mean there is no purpose in the watch, the fact that such mechanisms exist and are rational and intelligible supports that God exist, not that He doesn't. Just look at the reality we experience, and ask yourself, given that the reality is the way it is, what is the probability there is no mind or no purpose behind it? The complexity of the structures in the universe, the fact that the universe in endowed with rational laws and properties and is intelligible, there is no reason at all to expect the universe would be like that if there was no intelligence behind it. There are also miracles with no satisfatory naturalistic explanations, like the ressurection of Jesus, the miracle of the sun, the miracle of Lanciano, the miracles revolving about Our Lady of Akita which reinforces that God exists. It would be very easy to disprove Christianity if it were false back then in the first centruy as it would be now, it would suffice to show the body of Christ.

Former thinkers and scientists, like Newton, Leibniz, Descartes, Faraday, understood that. It's only recently that this viral unintellectual idea that rational people would oppose God's existence arose.

Every
man, so far as he is a thing that has perception, is one and the same man during his whole life, in all
and each of his organs of sense. God is the same God, always and every where. He is omnipresent,
not virtually only, but also substantially; for virtue cannot subsist without substance. In him are all b
things contained and moved; yet neither affects the other: God suffers nothing from the motion of
bodies; bodies find no resistance from the omnipresence of God. ’Tis allowed by all that the supreme
God exists necessarily; and by the same necessity he exists [391] always and every where

- Isaac Newton
http://newtonprojectca.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/newton-general-scholium-1729-english-text-by-motte-letter-size.pdf

Kurt Gödel, who was one of the most brilliant man ever to step on this planet and one of the best logicians ever, if not the best, believed completelly in God, in fact both Leibniz and Gödel put forward ontological arguments for God's existence.

Unless one is personally commited to scientism (which is self-refuting) or naturalism (which lacks explanatory power and even if it were true we could never know it by the virtue of it being true), the evidence for God's existence is abundant. Weigh the evidence for God's existence against the evidence in the opposite. God's existence is more sure than many things we take for granted in our daily life.

SobieskisavedEurope
03-31-2014, 09:17 PM
atheism? no

It is a myth that pedophilia is higher in Catholic priests than in other clergy or the generl population.

Actually pedophilia is higher in Protestant Pastors & Jewish Rabbis than in Catholic Priests!

Also
03-31-2014, 09:22 PM
It is a myth that pedophilia is higher in Catholic priests than in other clergy or the generl population.

Actually pedophilia is higher in Protestant Pastors & Jewish Rabbis than in Catholic Priests!

Not to mention they jump at any opportunity to attack the Church but most of them never really bothered to study in deep what they are talking about.

Priests-Commit-No-More-Abuse-Than-Other-Males (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?118898-Priests-Commit-No-More-Abuse-Than-Other-Males)

SobieskisavedEurope
03-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Priests-Commit-No-More-Abuse-Than-Other-Males (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?118898-Priests-Commit-No-More-Abuse-Than-Other-Males)

MORE PROTESTANT MINISTERS GUILTY OF PEDOPHILIA THAN CATHOLIC PRIESTS, NEW RESEARCH REVEALS

A Penn State historian, Philip Jenkins, has done an in depth research of pedophilia and sexual abuse among the clergy and has come up with some rather eye opening facts. It seems that while 1.7 percent of Catholic clergy have been guilty of pedophilia (or sexual abuse particularly of boys), a whopping TEN percent of Protestant ministers have been found guilty of pedophilia!

http://home.comcast.net/~rosses8/pedoph.html