PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends

Ivan Kramskoļ
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I don't know if many members play this game but if so it could be fun to discuss it here.
For my part I started the game 3 months ago and I am level 23 and soon 24.

Ivan Kramskoļ
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
bump

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't know if many members play this game but if so it could be fun to discuss it here.
For my part I started the game 3 months ago and I am level 23 and soon 24.

Started pre-season 4 and I'm almost level 23. Friends of mine play this game for years now, but I finally decided to pick it up after watching streams. Curiously, though, I have a season 1 account (so I have Judgement Kayle).

I play on Europe West of course.

Dombra
01-21-2014, 04:56 PM
I am level 20 or 21, cant remember because I play so irregularly

I play on north/east :pout:

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:33 PM
I am level 20 or 21, cant remember because I play so irregularly

I play on north/east :pout:

Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWLUjMILjcQ

League of Legends is a great game. One thing I dislike is the fact you need to grind so much to start playing seriously. Especially once you hit level 20, you need to have saved IP for runes (which I have done of course). :p
Make no mistake that this is done by Riot to make more money. Also I couldn't resist the temptation of buying RP for champion packs.

Kiyant
01-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I can only play jungler and support suck with the rest...........

RussiaPrussia
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
overrated american game

Liac
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Heroes Of Newerth > League Of Legends

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:40 PM
I can only play jungler and support suck with the rest...........

I try to be able to play every role half decently, and then I'll choose my preference. Still, you can only jungle effectively once you have armor yellows, which is at level 20. So jungling is the newest role for me to learn and I'm currently practicing that on Vi. Pre-level 20 you can only decently jungle with Warwick or Nunu, which is rarely done except on a smurf.

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:41 PM
overrated american game

Chinese hold a high percentage of the shares in that game, though. :p

Kiyant
01-21-2014, 05:41 PM
I try to be able to play every role half decently, and then I'll choose my preference. Still, you can only jungle effectively once you have armor yellows, which is at level 20. So jungling is the newest role for me to learn and I'm currently practicing that on Vi. Pre-level 20 you can only decently jungle with Warwick or Nunu, which is rarely done except on a smurf.

Well i play this game casually since 2 years im already lvl 30

RussiaPrussia
01-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Chinese hold a high percentage of the shares in that game, though. :p

its chinese americans

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Heroes Of Newerth > League Of Legends

I only play LOL and try to get into DotA 2 (though the entry barrier is quite high and time is limited; Meepo is fun to play though *poof(x3/x4) -> blink dagger*; kind of sad he's been nerfed hard in October). Smite also seems fun, yet casual. HON falls of the list to me due to the high concurrence. The fact HON wasn't free-to-play once League of Legends started to grow big kind of consolidated its potential fanbase-wise IMO.

Furnace
01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Dota2>HoN>LoL, 'nuff said.

Having the entire hero pool instantly is necessary.

LoL graphics are so horrendously cartoonish, makes me puke.

Furnace
01-21-2014, 05:48 PM
its chinese americans

Who cares who made it, as long as the game is good.

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:48 PM
its chinese americans

I can recommend to you Prime World (http://en.playpw.com/), a Russian MOBA that seeks to open itself to Western (European and Turkish) audiences.
It looks decent, but I don't like how they added farmville-esque features and the skill customisation as well as the necessary grinding is too much for me. I don't see it growing big outside of Russia and even in Russia more people play LoL or DotA2.

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
LoL graphics are so horrendously cartoonish, makes me puke.

LoL is the first MOBA that truly became different from DotA, despite coming from people who have history in the original Custom WarCraft III map. HoN was the first to make a mod into a full-blown genre. Still, LoL is indeed a grindfest and also slightly more casual than DotA/HoN, despite the fact a good player will crush a bad player in that game as well (so skill remains a requirement to play it well).

RussiaPrussia
01-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Who cares who made it, as long as the game is good.

its not good, youre just playing it because your mass media is overrating it and all your friends are playing it. If everyone would play space invaders with online mode you would play that.

Youre not a true gamer

PowerControls
01-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Only Starcraft II but what do you know mere humans....

See you there...

http://youtu.be/HsQZ44KnZp8

Furnace
01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
its not good, youre just playing it because your mass media is overrating it and all your friends are playing it. If everyone would play space invaders with online mode you would play that.

Youre not a true gamer

Well, if the game was made by Russians you would find the game good, so please just keep your biased opinions out of this thread.

Dandelion
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Well, if the game was made by Russians you would find the game good, so please just keep your biased opinions out of this thread.

Indeed. Instead of giving a MOBA game a chance instead. He could even have fun with Russians were he to play Dota 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoi0lMDOXXY

Hilarious video, but the American player was a true noob. His (the Russian's) complaints were justified, but it's hilarious how he rages out like that (and how much effort he puts in speaking English :p).

Furnace
01-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Indeed. Instead of giving a MOBA game a chance instead. He could even have fun with Russians were he to play Dota 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoi0lMDOXXY

Hilarious video, but the American player was a true noob. His complaints were justified, but it's hilarious how he rages out like that (and how much effort he puts in speaking English :p).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbp2F-wN5M

Russians are either make or break in online games. xD