PDA

View Full Version : Old Money x New Money

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:21 AM
Discuss

thetank
01-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Old money: money that has been passed through generations and will always remain( rothschilds, rockefellers)
New money: money that has been recently acquired through a new business or obtaining some natural resource..if the success continues on for generations then it will be old money

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:32 AM
Sometimes I don't know If I really consider examples like rothschilds as old money. They just grow up at XVII century and increasing the problem their fortune come from their bank and involviment with industrial revolution. The first of their born in a Jewish guetto without blue blood. I consider them a well successfull mid-range old money. And I had informations that Marina Valentina de Bourbon get engaged with Mimo Rothchild forming a very powerful couple.

SardiniaAtlantis
01-23-2014, 03:33 AM
Sometimes I don't know If I really consider examples like rothschilds as old money. Thye just grow up at XVII century and increasing the problem their fortune come from their bank and involviment with industrial revolution. The first of their born in a Jewish guetto without blue blood. I consider them a well successfull mid-range old money. And I had informations that Marina Valentina de Bourbon get engaged with Mimo Rothchild forming a very powerful couple.

It is still Old Money in the more literal sense of the term.

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:36 AM
No. Old money is correlated with activities which don't include banks and the industrial revolution. Old money is correlated mainly with acres rent and other activities involving land.

SardiniaAtlantis
01-23-2014, 03:38 AM
What I mean is the literal sense as in families that have inherited wealth for a vast number of generations.

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:42 AM
From the beginning to the industrial revolution we had two main classes, nobles and peasants. The Nobles were by far the minority, but owned the lands, which they rented out to peasants so the peasants kept them rich financially and fed, controlled most of the world's money, controlled the world's governments and armies, and did virtually nothing to earn this power. Until the brankruptcy of fies was at that way. After emerged the bourgeois the group who the originals Rothschilds were part.

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:45 AM
What I mean is the literal sense as in families that have inherited wealth for a vast number of generations.

Yes I can understand but I think they are only maximum 5 generations of money.

They start to grow up in something like 1740-1743 years :D

SardiniaAtlantis
01-23-2014, 03:48 AM
Yes I can understand but I think they are only maximum 5 generations of money.

They start to grow up in something like 1740-1743 years :D

I agree! :)

McCauley
01-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Pig-faced little queer.

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the up Acromagly boy

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:55 AM
But I think I'm going to deep in the term. Looking for Rotschilds they're obviously old money in behavior, look and actions. But still I correlacted more old money with regular fortune people/ not with just pops billionaires .

OldWayGuy
01-23-2014, 03:57 AM
For example the Black Riff neighborhood in london is old money but not billionaire .........

Unome
01-23-2014, 06:17 AM
Old money has been locked away in Rome's most secure cathedrals and vaults for thousands of years. Anything other than that is new money.

I agree that Rockefellers and Rothschilds are new money, not old money. A lot of people who hate "the top 1%" in the US fail to realize history. The Industrial Revolution made a lot of peasants and merchants rich very quickly, and disputed old money and monarchies. That is one of the main reasons the XXth Century was so violent and deadly. A lot of money changed hands too quickly.

In fact both world wars revolved around securing (Danish) bank assets.