PDA

View Full Version : Iran authorizes 10 new nuke plants

Sol Invictus
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/29/iran.nuclear/index.html
Hot off the press: Nov 29 2009

(CNN) -- Iran's Cabinet has authorized the construction of another 10 uranium enrichment plants, the state news agency IRNA announced Sunday, further defying international calls to halt its production of nuclear fuel.

The Iranian Cabinet approved existing plans for five more facilities similar to its current plant at Natanz and ordered planning for five more to begin, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported. The dispatch quoted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying that the new plants will be used to produce fuel for civilian nuclear power stations.

The move comes two days after the International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. nuclear watchdog, passed a resolution demanding that Iran stop construction on a previously secret nuclear facility at Qom. The agency also repeated calls for Iran to stop its uranium enrichment program. The agency said it would not comment on Sunday's announcement.

Iran has said its uranium enrichment program is aimed at producing fuel for civilian power plants. But the United States and other countries have accused Tehran of working toward a nuclear bomb, and the IAEA's Friday resolution stated that Iran's refusal to comply with international demands "does not contribute to the building of confidence."

Rusalka
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying that the new plants will be used to produce fuel for civilian nuclear power stations.

They're still using that one?

If I were Saudi Arabia, I'd be arming all those Sunni Jundallah and all the Kurds in Iran as we speak. There was an bomb blast in Iran back in October, perpetrated by the Sunnis. Saudi payback?

Seriously, Iran doesn't give a fig about the oppressed. Iranians just want regional hegemony and are, very reasonably, trying to poke Israel (the natural competitor for power) in the eye.

Sol Invictus
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
If I were Saudi Arabia, I'd be arming all those Sunni Jundallah and all the Kurds in Iran as we speak.

Jundallah is CIA. They've got all the arms they need from the United States.

That's ABC and AP saying that, not me.

Rusalka
11-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Probably, but one thing doesn't exclude the other.

Iran sees a Saudi hand in Jundallah, another Sunni group connected to the Taliban and its opium revenue. On 22 October 2008, Press TV, a mouthpiece of the Iranian government, published a commentary entitled, “The princes of shadows: How to sponsor terrorism Saudi style.” Its author, Arash Parsa, accused Arab governments of colluding with Pakistan’s notorious Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) in the Jundallah rebellion.

Link (http://www.mena-electionguide.org/details.aspx/13/Saudi%20Arabia/article1107)

Sol Invictus
11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Without a doubt. The Saudis, the ISI, CIA, and the Israelis are all cut from the exact same cloth. Their interests are interconnected.

The fact is, a covert war has already been declared, hidden in plain view of the public, and Iran hasn't yet fired a single shot but in self-defense.