PDA

View Full Version : What is integrity/morality in each one of us?

Drawing-slim
01-30-2014, 08:12 AM
This I think is the perfect setting of a forum to discuss what's moral and immoral to each one of us, since we all come from different cultures ethnicities.. faiths and the lack of.

As far as integrity, recently an experiment was done in Washington DC where a bar kiosk lacking total service personnel that offered cold beverages had only a sign notifying clients that if you take one drink just leave a dollar.

Turns out that one in five people didn't pay.
The results show that blond hair people score the most honest.
And those who lack facial hair scored the lowest.
According to this experiment.

Now this I witnessed just recently. A question what we find moral and immoral, and how differently each one of us draws this line.
As I'm siting at the bar two guys next to me in their late 20's or 30, good friends they seemed, were talking to each other in a buddy brotherly bonding affection how they each fucked each other's sister.
Trying also to insult one another but in a very friendly brotherly bonding sort of exchanges.
And they were very serious that each one of them had in fact fucked the other's sister.
One would go "I fucked your sister in the but and she loved it, the other would say "your sister can swallow" etc etc. But they were dead serious that this had happened as I investigated by talking to them.

Now, No matter how long I live in the west this very act and behavior is totally immoral and disgusting to me.
Does this makes me a product of a primitive culture?
Because i'm also aware that these two disgusting modern day fellas might very well have integrity, on their worlds that is. I've no reason to suspect that they wouldn't pay the dollar bill on the experiment above.
Or are we simply living a very multicultural fucked up world with people that draw the lines of morality completely different and are bound to clash at one point or another?

Prisoner Of Ice
01-30-2014, 08:18 AM
You are looking at previous wave of immigrants. They probably come from place more like you are used to, then go hog wild in strip clubs and go nuts in general. The ones who can't control themselves go mad chasing after cheap sex and doing lots of drugs, die of alcoholism etc. sort of like how native americans had so much trouble integrating.

The blond people who scored high on honesty scale are long since used to having freedom to go nuts, so mostly they don't.

Hadouken
01-30-2014, 09:20 AM
to me the most important is to not harm anybody in any way unless it is necessary (self defense etc.) because you wouldnt want anybody to harm you so why do it to others ? also compassion between humans is very important imo

that being said i also lean to the extreme if necessary ....i believe in an eye for an eye

If anybody tries to harm me or my family i wouldnt hesitate to kill him if i have to and i stand 100% behind it . Also rapists , child molesters/murderers , terrorists and other scum dont deserve to be treated with moral imo .

Moral nowdays has become a very indefinable and relative term but in the end i believe that most people (unless they are crazy) know within their heart what is wrong and what is right and the people who still do shit to others without even feeling bad are just bad people.

simple_guy
01-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Individual sense of moral justice is far superior to any religion or political ideology. If you spend a waking second being unhappy, then you waste your time on mother earth

Drawing-slim
01-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Individual sense of moral justice is far superior to any religion or political ideology. If you spend a waking second being unhappy, then you waste your time on mother earth
I like this, as far religion goes, but the last part is contradicting IMO.
I think the more morally pure a soul is, the more unhappy moments in life he/she will face and have to learn to deal with. Because the world is a dirty place in many ways.

simple_guy
01-30-2014, 09:31 AM
No, nothing is contradictory. There is nothing called a pure soul. Only a brave soul.
Each soul likes different things.
And recognizing and doing them will make a soul happy,
But many people are not brave enough to do what they want.
Hence they remain unhappy.

Drawing-slim
01-30-2014, 09:42 AM
No, nothing is contradictory. There is nothing called a pure soul. Only a brave soul.
Each soul likes different things.
And recognizing and doing them will make a soul happy,
But many people are not brave enough to do what they want.
Hence they remain unhappy.Absolutely it does. A brave soul in this world amongst humans=a hard core soul.
A soul doesn't become hard with thick skin without facing twisted corrupted souls along the way and conquering them.
Philosophically the more tender, the more sensitive, in the purest form a soul is, that much longer will take for that soul to move on from a heartbreak or a total deceiver, or a colossal disappointment they will encounter throughout life.
So what you're describing is a total iron soul, which one doesn't become one without losing its nobility its innocence therefore it's purity without encountering and accepting the dirty world that it is and how it is.

simple_guy
01-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Absolutely it does. A brace soul in this world amongst humans=a hard core soul.
A soul doesn't become hard with thick skin without facing twisted corrupted souls along the way and conquering them.
Philosophically the more tender, the more sensitive, in the purest form a soul is, that much longer will take for that soul to move on from a heartbreak or a total deceiver, or a colossal disappointment they will encounter throughout life.
So what you're describing is a total iron soul, which one doesn't become one without losing its nobility by according the dirty world that it is and how it is.

I don't think a corrupted soul is what you describe it to be.
According to you, raping and slaughter is bad. You don't do it.
But a certain person enjoys it, because its in his DNA.
The end result is both fight. A conflict is integral in each human's life.
And impose your beliefs over the other.
You can't make him "NOT RAPE" to keep him sad, but you can STOP his rape and make yourself happy.

Drawing-slim
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
I don't think a corrupted soul is what you describe it to be.
According to you, raping and slaughter is bad. You don't do it.
But a certain person enjoys it, because its in his DNA.
The end result is both fight. A conflict is integral in each human's life.
And impose your beliefs over the other.
You can't make him "NOT RAPE" to keep him sad, but you can STOP his rape and make yourself happy.
Well then, according to you, whatever makes one happy is morally profound?! That of course I can't agree with, and is doesn't define morality the way I understand things.
You're endorsing Darwinian theory, the strongest survive, so the rapists criminals thugs in the end will ultimately be also the most "morally superior". Which is absolutely obscure.

simple_guy
01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Well then, according to you, whatever makes one happy is morally profound?! That of course I can't agree with, and is doesn't define morality the way I understand things.
You're endorsing Darwinian theory, the strongest survive, so the rapists criminals thugs in the end will ultimately be also the most "morally superior". Which is absolutely obscure.

If the so called "Good Men" are incompetent against the rapists, then they won't survive. Iam not endorsing it. Iam just stating how things would be.
Instead of sitting around formulating theories, why don't you keep the "Good Men" side strong rather than just accepting that "BAD MEN SHOULD DIE. COZ THEY ARE MORALLY WRONG"
Nature just doesn't that way.

simple_guy
01-30-2014, 10:05 AM
And another thing Kurt, if everything happened according to you, you'll lose interest in living. Life is good because struggle is what defines happiness. One who enjoys struggle, fights for his views is happy. One who just sits around twiddling thumbs or has everything handed down to him, is unhappy.

Drawing-slim
01-30-2014, 10:19 AM
And another thing Kurt, if everything happened according to you, you'll lose interest in living. Life is good because struggle is what defines happiness. One who enjoys struggle, fights for his views is happy. One who just sits around twiddling thumbs or has everything handed down to him, is unhappy.this I totally agree with:thumbs up