PDA

View Full Version : Hi All! Astronaut from India!

Astronaut
01-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone! I am Astronaut(obviously not my real name;)) from a far far away land.:)Actually even in India i come from a far away region.I happened to chance upon this forum via Google discussion search and found people discussing very interesting and unique things.Besides i also found few of my friends from other forum already posting here.So as an avid fan of European culture i thought why not join and contribute with my thoughts & views.

As my profile suggests i am a space science enthusiast.When i was 17 i had applied for the air force as it was my childhood dream of flying the formidable SU 30, but my dreams came crashing when i failed the medical test due to an issue in my bone joints.So i studied engineering and then worked for a CAD company and now i am preparing for my masters degree.

Hopefully i will make some great friends here!

Regards,

Astronaut!

Shah-Jehan
01-30-2014, 06:22 PM
hello, what's your ethnic background?

Astronaut
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
hello, what's your ethnic background?

East

Shah-Jehan
01-30-2014, 06:28 PM
East

Bihari? Oriya? Bengali?

Peikko
01-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Halloo!

Mehmet
01-30-2014, 06:31 PM
What would Hindu's do on the moon? :) There are no woman to gang rape out there.

Astronaut
01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Bihari? Oriya? Bengali?

Oriya :)

Jackson
01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome.

Astronaut
01-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Halloo!

Hei!

Astronaut
01-30-2014, 06:42 PM
What would Hindu's do on the moon? :) There are no woman to gang rape out there.

To rape minerals.You know the moon is filled with Helium 3.

Jackson
01-30-2014, 06:48 PM
To rape minerals.You know the moon is filled with Helium 3.

Have you heard about that Mission to Mars? People can send in their applications, it's for permanent colonization though i think, sounds interesting.

Shah-Jehan
01-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Oriya :)

Nice:) the Oriya language is very close to Bengali, I can understand a bit of it. Our historical ties are also very rich, Orissa was part of Bengal until 1910.

Saghotam! Bengali term but, it probably is the same word in Oriya.

blklady2013
01-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Welcome. There are some really cool people and varied opinions here.

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Nice:) the Oriya language is very close to Bengali, I can understand a bit of it. Our historical ties are also very rich, Orissa was part of Bengal until 1910.

Saghotam! Bengali term but, it probably is the same word in Oriya.

Oriya and bengali are a bit similar:).In Oriya it is called as simply "Sangha"

Dombra
01-31-2014, 01:00 AM
Welcome :yo:

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 01:00 AM
Have you heard about that Mission to Mars? People can send in their applications, it's for permanent colonization though i think, sounds interesting.

Yes! Mars one but the application process is closed now.:)

arcticwolf
01-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Aloha! I expect you are at least as awesome as SouthIndian! Do not disappoint me! :laugh:

Óttar
01-31-2014, 01:07 AM
Namasteji. Swagatam. :thumb001:

alb0zfinest
01-31-2014, 01:10 AM
Aloha! I expect you are at least as awesome as SouthIndian! Do not disappoint me! :laugh:

lol

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 01:20 AM

lol!:D His profile name is SouthAsian.He is great guy with a good sense of humor:thumb001:

Tooting Carmen
01-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Hello.

arcticwolf
01-31-2014, 01:25 AM
lol!:D His profile name is SouthAsian.He is great guy with a good sense of humor:thumb001:

Whatever. He is awesome. Glad you appreciate his work. Now that we're on the same page, welcome. :thumb001:

DeaththeKid
01-31-2014, 01:29 AM
It's interesting there are quite a few Indians on here now but no Chinese. Maybe Indians are just more interested in Europe. Still at the rate it's going they're going to kick us off this forum soon because there are too many of us lol :)

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 01:54 AM
It's interesting there are quite a few Indians on here now but no Chinese. Maybe Indians are just more interested in Europe. Still at the rate it's going they're going to kick us off this forum soon because there are too many of us lol :)

Thats because Indians have a lot in common with Europeans(colonial history,language) as compared to the Chinese.Secondly don't worry there are less than 10 Indians in this forum :D

Yehiel
01-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Thats because Indians have a lot in common with Europeans(colonial history,language) as compared to the Chinese.Secondly don't worry there are less than 10 Indians in this forum :D

Whats your stance on Jews

SardiniaAtlantis
Welcome.. I hope you don't display any self hating or wannabe Europeanness so long as that is you'll be just great here!

Tooting Carmen
Thats because Indians have a lot in common with elitist British imperialists(colonial history,language) as compared to the Chinese.Secondly don't worry there are less than 10 Indians in this forum :D

Fixed. Otherwise, welcome.:)

Mortimer
01-31-2014, 01:57 AM
welcome, great to see another indian here. indians are extremely smart well mannered gentlemen

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:00 AM
Whats your stance on Jews

Love them! Israel is the best friend of India.Besides India is one of the few countries where Jews have never been prosecuted.

Yehiel
01-31-2014, 02:01 AM
Love them! Israel is the best friend of India.Besides India is one of the few countries where Jews have never been prosecuted.

Yes we are very good friends with India, many go on vacation to India but i have never talked to an Indian

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:02 AM
Welcome.. I hope you don't display any self hating or wannabe Europeanness so long as that is you'll be just great here!

Thanks! I hope that i will not disappoint you :thumb001:

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:08 AM
Fixed. Otherwise, welcome.:)

British Empire was not the only colonial power in India.A small part of India was under the control of French and Portugese.And before the English East India company there was the Dutch East India company.Over the century we Indians have inherited a lot of European etiquette's.

Tooting Carmen
01-31-2014, 02:11 AM
British Empire was not the only colonial power in India.A small part of India was under the control of French and Portugese.And before the English East India company there was the Dutch East India company.Over the century we Indians have inherited a lot of European etiquette's.

Yes I know that, but of those languages only English is widely spoken and it is the British common law and parliamentary system that India has inherited.

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:12 AM
Yes we are very good friends with India, many go on vacation to India but i have never talked to an Indian

Aah! That's surprising considering that there are 3 million of us living in the US.

Yehiel
01-31-2014, 02:13 AM
Aah! That's surprising considering that there are 3 million of us living in the US.

us Jews are very isolated here

Shah-Jehan
01-31-2014, 02:14 AM
Yes I know that, but of those languages only English is widely spoken and it is the British common law and parliamentary system that India has inherited.

not necessarily, in Goa as well as Daman and Diu, Portuguese is used along with Konkani in Christians rites in churches, in Pondicherry in South India, although majority speak Tamil also speak a unique dialect of French with native influence, in Chandernagore in Bengal, there are French plaques everywhere etc etc.

I am from Chittagong, it was once a Portuguese colony and it's reflected in the cultures of the city's Christian who have Portuguese surnames and look distinct from other people (largely) as they are actually descendants of Portuguese sailors and soldiers who took Bengali wives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chittagong

Tooting Carmen
01-31-2014, 02:16 AM
not necessarily, in Goa as well as Daman and Diu, Portuguese is used along with Konkani in Christians rites in churches, in Pondicherry in South India, although majority speak Tamil also speak a unique dialect of French with native influence, in Chandernagore in Bengal, there are French plaques everywhere etc etc.

I am from Chittagong, it was once a Portuguese colony and it's reflected in the cultures of the city's Christian who have Portuguese surnames and look distinct from other people (largely) as they are actually descendants of Portuguese sailors and soldiers who took Bengali wives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chittagong

But those examples are local/regional, whereas the English language and British political set-up is country-wide.

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:16 AM

French is still widely spoken in Pondicherry,Although Portuguese is declining rapidly in Goa.

The reason for keeping English as an official language is because of the protest in Southern India against making Hindi as a National Language.

Astronaut
01-31-2014, 02:19 AM
welcome, great to see another indian here. indians are extremely smart well mannered gentlemen

Thanks a lot!:thumb001:...Nice to meet someone from the Roma community.!

Shah-Jehan
01-31-2014, 02:19 AM
French is still widely spoken in Pondicherry,Although Portuguese is declining rapidly in Goa.

The reason for keeping English as an official language is because of the protest in Southern India against making Hindi as a National Language.

very true, the same in Pakistan where Sindhis especially are concerned about the dominance of Urdu.
Even though English is taught as a language in Bangladeshi schools, we eradicated it as one of our official languages decades ago as the country is 98% Bengali

simple_guy
01-31-2014, 02:20 AM

To explore the moon's surface.
We won't just sit around and let Greeks rape our asses all day :)

silver_surfer
01-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Welcome :) Nice to see another Indian around here.

Ianus
01-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Welcome

asingh
01-31-2014, 07:33 AM
Welcome...!

We share the same mtDNA - m3a1. I am a North Indian - Pahari from Uttranachal State..!