PDA

View Full Version : The suppression of the Alevi Rebellion in Turkey: 1938 Dersim

Mehmet
02-04-2014, 07:42 PM
This comes for the non-Turk Stockholm syndrome bastard Kemalist:

The Suppression of the Dersim Rebellion in Turkey (1937-38)

Dersim is an inaccessible district of high, snowcapped mountains, narrow valleys,
and deep ravines in central Eastern Turkey. It was inhabited by a large number of
small tribes, eking out a marginal existence by animal husbandry, horticulture, and
gathering forest products. Their total numbers were, by the mid-1930s, estimated at
65,000 to 70,000. Dersim was a culturally distinct part of Kurdistan, partly due to
ecological-geographical factors, partly to a combination of linguistic and religious
peculiarities. Some of the tribes spoke Kurdish proper, but most spoke another, related
language known as Zaza. All adhered to the heterodox Alevi sect, which separated
them socially from the Sunni Kurds living to the east and south (among whom there
were both Zaza and Kurdish speakers). Although there are Alevis in many other parts
of Turkey, those of Dersim constitute a distinct group, with different beliefs and
practices.

In 1936 Dersim was placed under military government, with the express aim of pacifying
and "civilizing" it. The tribes' response to the modernization brought by the state, consisting of
roads, bridges,and police posts, was ambiguous. Some chieftains sought accommodation with the
military authorities, others resented this interference in their former independence. By
early 1937, the authorities believed, or had been led to believe, that a major rebellion
was at hand, a show of resistance against the pacification program, instigated by
nationalists. The person said to be the chief conspirator was a religious leader, Seyyit
Riza. Five tribes (out of around one hundred) were said to be involved in the
conspiracy.

The military campaign against Dersim was mounted in response to a relatively
minor incident, and it would seem that the army had been waiting for a direct reason
to punish the tribes. One day in March 1937, a strategic wooden bridge was burned
down and telephone lines cut. Seyyit Riza and the tribes associated with him were
suspected. The army may have believed this to be the beginning of the expected
rebellion. One Turkish source mentions that there was around the same time another
minor incident elsewhere in Kurdistan and suggests coordination by Kurdish
nationalists

When the Turkish troops began hunting down the rebellious tribes, the men gave
battle, while the women and children hid in deep caves. "Thousands of these women
and children perished," Dersimi writes, "because the army bricked up the entrances of
the caves. These caves are marked with numbers on the military maps of the area. At
the entrances of other caves, the military lit fires to cause those inside to suffocate.
Those who tried to escape from the caves were finished off with bayonets. A large
proportion of the women and girls of the Kureyshan and Bakhtiyar [two rebel tribes]
threw themselves from high cliffs into the Munzur and Parchik ravines, in order not to
fall into the Turks' hands."

With professional pride, reports list how many "bandits" and dependents were
"annihilated," and how many villages and fields were burned. Groups who were
hiding in caves were entirely wiped out. The body count in these reports (in some
engagements a seemingly exact number like 76, in others "the entire band of Haydaran
tribesmen and part of the Demenan") adds up to something between three and seven
thousand, while tens of villages are reported destroyed. In seventeen days of the 1938
offensive alone, 7,954 persons were reported killed or caught alive.

http://www.hum.uu.nl/medewerkers/m.vanbruinessen/publications/Dersim_rebellion.pdf

Mehmet
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Turkey has also been a pionneer with this operation.

This military operation generated the first ever female military pilot.
The first ever female military pilot having participated to a military action.
The first ever female military pilot who dropped bombs from her plane:

Sabiha Gökçen:

next to Mustafa Kemal:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/12309780474_1400e6b72a.jpg

next to her plane:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3828/12309830114_9e1572c5c7.jpg

Ataman
02-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Kemaliste will ofcourse ignore this. He's a selfhating wannabe european armenoid Zaza. Let him bark.

Sky earth
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Kemaliste will ofcourse ignore this. He's a selfhating wannabe european armenoid Zaza. Let him bark.

And you are an Aryan wannabe troll who is sexually obssesed with Black men/white women couples:rolleyes:

Ataman
02-05-2014, 05:18 PM
And you are an Aryan wannabe troll who is sexually obssesed with Black men/white women couples:rolleyes:

Yeah, great conclusion. If you would have read it correctly my ethnicity says Ayran, not Aryan, and it is not ment to be serious but I don't expect anything intelligent from you. Now keep on making anti-islam posts on this forum. I'm sure you have a bachelor in psychology:thumb001:

Also, I'm waiting for the Türkmen from Dersim to hear his opinion about this, if you want to talk about me you can pm me, you retard..:thumb001:

Gypsy looking Alevi force is strong in this forum.

Kemalisté
02-05-2014, 05:19 PM
AKP's mercenaries keep harping on this 90 year-old issue to manipulate Alevis' minds but it will never work.

Sky earth
02-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Yeah, great conclusion. If you would have read it correctly my ethnicity says Ayran, not Aryan, and it is not ment to be serious but I don't expect anything intelligent from you. Now keep on making anti-islam posts on this forum. I'm sure you have a bachelor in psychology:thumb001:

Also, I'm waiting for the Türkmen from Dersim to hear his opinion about this, if you want to talk about me you can pm me, you retard..:thumb001:

Yeah Mr.Ayran I'm also sure you have a Master's degree in internet troll studies:rolleyes:. Now you can post more pictures of black men/white women couples to satisfy your sexual obssesions

Ataman
02-05-2014, 05:28 PM
AKP's mercenaries keep harping on this 90 year-old issue to manipulate Alevis' minds but it will never work.

It's a historical event in the early years of the new founded turkish state. We must teach our children how we needed to teach your alevi ancestors a lesson to make them accept the new, advanced, modern, secular and kemalist turkish nation. It shouldn't be used to manipulate Alevis mind, but to show how much backstabber bastard your ancestors always were.

Ataman
02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Yeah Mr.Ayran I'm also sure you have a Master Degree in internet troll studies:rolleyes:. Now you can post more pictures of black men/white women couples to satisfy your sexual obssesions

Why do you idiot feel the need now to derail this topic? What has my obsessions to do with the content of this thread? Mods should do something to stop this spam posts of Sky Earth.

Kiyant
02-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Calm down guys

Mehmet
02-05-2014, 07:02 PM

It's not a just a matter of 90 years.
It's a matter of +500 years.
The story starts with Shah Ismael of Safevids (16th century) and stretches until Gezi riots (june 2013).
Dersim 1938 is just a paragraph of it.
A nice one.

Now you can post more pictures of black men/white women couples to satisfy your sexual obssesions

Why care? do what penetrates the white women in question also penetrate in you?
Butthurt mongrel.

Annihilus
02-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Why do you idiot feel the need now to derail this topic? What has my obsessions to do with the content of this thread? Mods should do something to stop this spam posts of Sky Earth.

If mods need to do anything it should be about the foul language you use in rep comments.

PlanA
02-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Guys, stop bullying Kemalist and creating these sort of provocative threads just because you don't agree with his opinion. Like it hate it, get over it, there is something called freedom of speech. He wishes to have certain improvements in Turkey as well as that people gets less religious or rather atheist. I don't agree with all of his opinions/suggestions, but in some cases I have also a similar way of thinking just like him. So still having a different opinion than him I do respect him and I think we should all respect each other regardless having different opinions/style of life etc.

This thread should be deleted, since it's a bully-thread.

Mehmet
02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Guys, stop bullying Kemalist and creating these sort of provocative threads just because you don't agree with his opinion. Like it hate it, get over it, there is something called freedom of speech. He wishes to have certain improvements in Turkey as well as that people gets less religious or rather atheist. I don't agree with all of his opinions/suggestions, but in some cases I have also a similar way of thinking just like him. So still having a different opinion than him I do respect him and I think we should all respect each other regardless having different opinions/style of life etc.

This thread should be deleted, since it's a bully-thread.

Why so? You were pretending the other day that Kemalist was a "Turk from Dersim".
The information provided in the OP answers to your claim as well.

It's just a historical fact. People need to face it.

It's not that I don't agree with his views. The fact is... He's no moral right to have such views.
The analogy with Turks in Germany who would insult Germans, their race, their religion in order to have them submitted to their Turk ideals, fits perfectly well to the situation of this baboon.

The oxygene he breathes is a waste in Turkey.

Instinct
07-25-2014, 07:37 AM
This topic needs to be removed on this forum. There is Alevi hatred comments here, must be banned and I am glad Mehmet is banned. He is trying to show a subject which is a partly genocide, already accepted and said "sorry" by Turkish Authority.

turkojew
08-02-2014, 07:55 PM
This topic needs to be removed on this forum. There is Alevi hatred comments here, must be banned and I am glad Mehmet is banned. He is trying to show a subject which is a partly genocide, already accepted and said "sorry" by Turkish Authority.

And that apology is enough for you? This topic should be 'pinned' to the Türkiye section of this forum. Everyone should know about the dirty history of Turkey. But i agree that the hatred comments must be stopped.

Instinct
08-02-2014, 08:40 PM
And that apology is enough for you? This topic should be 'pinned' to the Türkiye section of this forum. Everyone should know about the dirty history of Turkey. But i agree that the hatred comments must be stopped.

There are offensive comments about Alevis and Anatolian Christians here. Well, sorry is not enough to bring 30000 people. As you mention everybody needs to know what happened in Dersim, but I am against the people who wants to use this subject against Alevis in Turkey.

Never forget Maraş, Çorum, Dersim, Malatya.

Rojava
08-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Nationalist dogs posing with a poor victim's head:

http://z5.ifrm.com/30192/69/0/p1124705/BJa1Q5QCIAIDf5f.jpg

Rest in piece :(