PDA

View Full Version : Africa9 Mix-up (White Guy)

DanielJ1eH
02-05-2014, 03:51 AM
Alright, I have some extremely weird results. Maybe it's because I'm Eurasian, so that calculator doesn't work for me properly, but here we go:

Under Pct. Calc. Option 1 on the Oracle I scored this:

Europe 58.95%
NW_Africa 12.61%
SW_Asia 28.44%
E_Africa -
S_Africa -
Mbuti -
W_Africa -
Biaka -
San -

But when I look at it from Admixture proportions from Chromosome viewit says this:

Mbuti 2.8% 3.8% 1.9% 0.8% 3.4%
Biaka 2.4%
San 4.0% 3.4% 0.6%

This makes absolutely ZERO sense. I'm not black, anywhere. My 23andme Ancestry Composition says I was 98.8% European on the "Standard View" with no SSA. On the Oracle Admixture, it doesn't even list Biaka, San, or Mbuti.

What's wrong?

Prisoner Of Ice
02-05-2014, 03:54 AM
NW africa = berber.

A lot of the 'sub saharan' genes, may actually come from berbers INTO sub saharans. So this is a case where they have incorrectly decided what belongs where, and doesn't surprise me much. They are saying you are SSA descended but you just have some common ancestry. Probably more ancient berber mix is going to have much much less real SSA content. So in short you are more 'mediterranean' and probably not SSA at all.

DanielJ1eH
02-05-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't get it though. Wouldn't that show up on my MAJOR 23andme AC? It doesn't show up on the Oracle at all, but it shows up on the Chromosome? I'm not SSA, at all. I don't score any of it on the other Calculators. If I did it was like, 0.1 or 0.8.

DanielJ1eH
02-05-2014, 04:04 AM
I think this calculator was meant for African's. It's really messed up when Eurasian individuals enter DNA.

Sea Warrior
02-05-2014, 05:11 AM
It is stated on the Dodecad Blog "It should be used only by Africans and African-West Eurasian admixed individuals."

I've tried it out just for giggles and grins and also got really wacky results. It definitely wasn't designed for non-Africans.

DanielJ1eH
02-05-2014, 05:44 AM
I......didn't even see that O_O

The notice that is.