PDA

View Full Version : U.S. vows to defend Japan if conflict erupts in East China Sea

curupira
02-08-2014, 12:38 PM
U.S. vows to defend Japan if conflict erupts in East China Sea

China has imposed an air defense identification zone over much of the East China Sea. Beijing says it now requires notification from planes crossing the Senkaku Islands, long administered by Tokyo.

WASHINGTON – Secretary of State John Kerry vowed Friday that the United States would defend Japan against attack, even in conflicts involving islands claimed by China and Taiwan, as tensions continue to boil between the Asian powers.

Kerry, who said he would visit China next week, met in Washington with Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida and reaffirmed the 1960 treaty that commits the United States to protect its ally.

“That includes with respect to the South China Sea,” he said, before correcting himself to say the East China Sea, where China and Japan have conflicting claims.

Fears of conflict rose in November when China imposed an air defense identification zone over much of the East China Sea. Beijing says it now requires notification from planes crossing the Senkaku Islands, long administered by Tokyo.

“The United States neither recognizes nor accepts China’s declared East China Sea ADIZ and the United States has no intention of changing how we conduct operations in the region,” Kerry said.

The United States and its allies are increasingly concerned China will take similar action in the South China Sea, where the Philippines in particular has voiced worries about Beijing’s maritime claims.

Kishida, for his part, extended an invitation for President Barack Obama to make a state visit to Japan.

Diplomats say Obama is likely to visit Japan during an April tour of Asia, although Kerry is not expected to stop in Tokyo on his upcoming trip.

Kishida was visiting Washington after a rare open disagreement between the two allies. The United States voiced disappointment in December when Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, known for his conservative views, paid a pilgrimage to Yasukuni Shrine, which honors 2.5 million war dead including convicted Class-A war criminals from World War II. The Shinto facility played a heavy spiritual role in Japan’s military campaign.

Abe’s visit outraged China and fellow U.S. ally South Korea, both of which frequently accuse Japan of showing insufficient remorse for its various acts of aggression from a century ago by allowing politicians and government officials to visit the contentious shrine.

Kishida told Kerry that Japan valued its relationship with South Korea despite their “difficult issues,” saying the two democracies needed to work together in the face of nuclear-armed North Korea.

“Going forward, we will make tenacious efforts in order to build a cooperative relationship with the Republic of Korea from a broad perspective,” Kishida said, using the South’s formal name.

Kishida also highlighted progress under Abe in shifting U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma farther north on Okinawa — an issue that has cast a pall over defense ties for nearly two decades.

Kerry, in turn, praised Japan for addressing another longtime sore point by ratifying the Hague convention that sets the procedures for returning children abducted by one parent across international boundaries.

Kerry’s latest trip to Asia comes as critics charge that his focus on the Middle East so far has left U.S. allies in Asia in want of a more robust presence by Washington.

Kerry said he was committed to the goal set in President Barack Obama’s first term of putting a greater U.S. focus on Asia, and said the so-called pivot strategy was impossible without “ironclad guarantees” between the United States and Japan.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/02/08/national/u-s-vows-to-defend-japan-if-conflict-erupts-in-east-china-sea/#.UvYyZvldU4E

ButlerKing
02-08-2014, 12:40 PM
The U.S really likes to interfere in every world's problem where is Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, Pakistan, Israel , Latin America ect These Yankees need to understand they borrowed so much money from China and their debt keep piling higher and higher.

GrebluBro
02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
American power greedy motherfuckers should stay away from other countries' affairs

Loki
02-08-2014, 12:51 PM
If the US supports Japan, then Russia should support China.

Graham
02-08-2014, 12:53 PM
World Police.

Unome
02-08-2014, 03:38 PM
World Police.
It's not an easy job but somebody has to do it, may as well be the nation with the best Human Rights and Freedom.

Graham
02-08-2014, 03:40 PM
I made a mistake.

Self-righteous world police.

Loki
02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
It's not an easy job but somebody has to do it, may as well be the nation with the best Human Rights and Freedom.

They're doing a shitty job.

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist over this, Japan is very important to American interests, this should surprise nobody.

Unome
02-08-2014, 03:46 PM
They're doing a shitty job.
Name one country you recommend as world police if not US?

Loki
02-08-2014, 03:50 PM

China would be far better. And Russia.

Windischer
02-08-2014, 03:56 PM
political "vows"
lets not forget how these obligations work in reality - an example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_betrayal

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 03:58 PM

Well, you can't vote some one in to do this job, it's not an elective job.

Here, a rvelation amigo: power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It could be much worse.

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 04:03 PM
political "vows"
lets not forget how these obligations work in reality - an example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_betrayal

This is one thing the West hates talking about, and would love us to forget, or never mention.

Graham
02-08-2014, 04:03 PM
If anything to go through a vote at the UN & Security Council, and not illegal. Aka Iraq War.

Loki
02-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Well, you can't vote some one in to do this job, it's not an elective job.

Here, a rvelation amigo: power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It could be much worse.

The Chinese political class is actually now being dominated by Confucian thinkers. They are very altruistic and peace-loving. I would trust them more than Americans.

Unome
02-08-2014, 04:07 PM
China will censor world internet.

Russia will be racist and white nationalist, as they are now.

You honestly say that China and Russia have better Human Rights than US? Preposterous, China and Russia are anti humanitarian societies.

Loki
02-08-2014, 04:11 PM
You honestly say that China and Russia have better Human Rights than US? Preposterous, China and Russia are anti humanitarian societies.

I know, this is something they need to work on. And they will get there eventually. As I said, China is changing rapidly and the political leadership is being dominated now by Confucian thinkers. I will post more about that later.

As far as geopolitics are concerned, China and Russia are far more responsible at the moment already.

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 04:19 PM
The Chinese political class is actually now being dominated by Confucian thinkers. They are very altruistic and peace-loving. I would trust them more than Americans.

That may be true. I do not dislike China or Chinese, and them being Buddhist is a great plus in my book. Not sure if that qualifes them to be the world policeman in today's world though.

The general population of the world is hateful, greedy, and dumb. Peace and justice are not on their minds I'm afraid.

Graham
02-08-2014, 04:23 PM

What about Tibetan human rights? As in their democratic freedom.

Loki
02-08-2014, 04:30 PM
That may be true. I do not dislike China or Chinese, and them being Buddhist is a great plus in my book. Not sure if that qualifes them to be the world policeman in today's world though.

The general population of the world is hateful, greedy, and dumb. Peace and justice are not on their minds I'm afraid.

It's interesting that - despite being a communist country - the Chinese are more religious than the Japanese. China has a higher percentage of practicing Buddhists than Japan has Shintoists even!

Graham
02-08-2014, 04:34 PM
It's interesting that - despite being a communist country - the Chinese are more religious than the Japanese. China has a higher percentage of practicing Buddhists than Japan has Shintoists even!

I hope a future China, can retain it's culture. You know when a country can get rich and powerful. It has a bad effect on preservation of cultures.

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 04:39 PM

China was and is very spiritual. Taoism is pure wisdom. Taoism fused with Buddhism to create Chan or as it is known in Japan Zen.
Yes to me China is far more preferable than Muslim countries and their culture, no comparison really.

I am sure their future will be bright.

Loki
02-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope a future China, can retain it's culture. You know when a country can get rich and powerful. It has a bad effect on preservation of cultures.

The Chinese are very protective over their culture these days. They are even thinking of bringing back the hanfu in ordinary life. Hanfu is traditional Chinese clothing, and was the forerunner of the kimono in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanfu_movement

Windischer
02-08-2014, 04:42 PM

and thats why they push even more xenophobia and nationalism in chinese society? all kumbaya ;)

This is one thing the West hates talking about, and would love us to forget, or never mention.

well, the West practices similar politics right now

alb0zfinest
02-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Yes! Down with these scum communist nations.

troll bait, don't do it.

RandoBloom
02-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Japan is completely irreligious. People visit temples only once a year, and not even for religious but for cultural reason. And I know, my students are Japanese

arcticwolf
02-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Japan is completely irreligious. People visit temples only once a year, and not even for religious but for cultural reason. And I know, my students are Japanese

You are actually in a position to teach somebody something?

Oh no. :laugh:

Loki
02-08-2014, 05:01 PM
And I know, my students are Japanese

Are you a teacher?

Armand_Duval
02-08-2014, 05:01 PM
I would side with Japan too so, kudos the US is willing to defend Japan from China, after all it is the US to blame the Japanese have no aa big army due to the restrictions they got imposed after the 2nd WW, niow it is the US responsability to defend them in case of a threat.

RandoBloom
02-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Are you a teacher?

Yes, an online tutor, thats why I am here so much :D

wvwvw
02-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Buddhism is not a religion but more of a philosophy. Buddha's motto is "Doubt everything, find your own way"

On the opposite extreme you've got Islam which is much more than a religion. It is also a state… a totalitarian political ideology that aims to overthrow all systems of governments and establish a worldwide theocratic dictatorship.

Hate is the essence of this faith… – hate of the non-believers, hate of the believers who interpret Islam differently, hate of those who leave Islam, hate of women, hate of homosexuals, hate of freethinkers, hate of the Jews, and the list goes on. Even dogs and pigs have not been spared from hate. For Muslims, to hate is pious. It is called al bara (hatred for the sake of Allah). Al bara is the ultimate expression of faith. Muslims prove their love for Allah (al wala’) by hating the non-Muslims.

RandoBloom
02-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Buddhism is not a religion but more of a philosophy. Buddha's motto is "Doubt everything, find your own way"

On the opposite extreme you've got Islam which is much more than a religion. It is also a state… a totalitarian political ideology that aims to overthrow all systems of governments and establish a worldwide theocratic dictatorship.

Hate is the essence of this faith… – hate of the non-believers, hate of the believers who interpret Islam differently, hate of those who leave Islam, hate of women, hate of homosexuals, hate of freethinkers, hate of the Jews, and the list goes on. Even dogs and pigs have not been spared from hate. For Muslims, to hate is pious. It is called al bara (hatred for the sake of Allah). Al bara is the ultimate expression of faith. Muslims prove their love for Allah (al wala’) by hating the non-Muslims.

And that is why they didnt exterminate every single infidel in their border :coffee:

curupira
02-08-2014, 06:55 PM
The Chinese response to the American vow

China urges U.S. to drop ADIZ remarks
(Xinhua) 18:42, February 08, 2014

China on Saturday urged the United States to drop irresponsible remarks on the Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) over the East China Sea to avoid detriment to stability in the region.

"It is a legitimate right for China, as a sovereign state, to set up the Air Defense Identification Zone over the East China Sea," said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei, adding that the establishment of the ADIZ is in line with international law and norms.

Hong made the remarks when answering a question on U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's stance about the China ADIZ.

On Friday, Kerry told reporters after a meeting with Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida that the United States neither recognizes nor accepts China's declared East China Sea ADIZ and that the United States has no intention of changing how it conducts operations in the region.

Hong said the United States, which set up its ADIZ as early as six decades ago, has no right to criticize China's legitimate move.

China announced the establishment of the East China Sea ADIZ in November 2013.

"We urge the U.S. side to stop making irresponsible remarks so as not to harm regional stability and the China-U.S. relationship," added the spokesman.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90883/8530832.html

Óttar
02-08-2014, 07:43 PM
American power greedy motherfuckers should stay away from other countries' affairs
It is America's responsibility to defend Japan since the end of WWII. Therefore, it is our affair. :coffee:

Manifest Destiny
02-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Why should anyone support China on this? It sounds like they're being assholes.

Loki
02-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Why should anyone support China on this? It sounds like they're being assholes.

No, they are only reasonable. I support China 100%.

Unome
02-08-2014, 08:09 PM
China is an inferior culture & civilization compared to the West.

If China had power then they would censor all the internets, and if you disagree with the totalitarian government then you would be taken away in the night by secret police, never to be heard from again.

People who stand with China, stand for totalitarianism, communism, tyranny, and thought crimes. You are against freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of internet.

Graham
02-08-2014, 08:15 PM
As much as I'm no fan of world policing, or the Yanks.

I'd support them over Russia or China. They are an ally.

Wish they would zip it though. Fuck. You should listen to Ron Paul on Foreign diplomacy. True great American.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM

We defend India, too. If we didn't chinese would turn your babies into dog food.

wvwvw
02-08-2014, 08:24 PM

If China had power then they would censor all the internets, and if you disagree with the totalitarian government then you would be taken away in the night by secret police, never to be heard from again.

People who stand with China, stand for totalitarianism, communism, tyranny, and thought crimes. You are against freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of internet.

Don't believe everything you read on the media. China is not as bad as the media portray/ it.

SardiniaAtlantis
02-08-2014, 08:33 PM

There is unfortunately so many youtube videos cesored by the U.S. it's not even funny. Many videos I want to watch that I can see abroad but when I come back to the states I find are not allowed to be viewed. Then there is all of the phone taping.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
There is unfortunately so many youtube videos cesored by the U.S. it's not even funny. Many videos I want to watch that I can see abroad but when I come back to the states I find are not allowed to be viewed. Then there is all of the phone taping.

What kind of videos?

portusaus
02-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Obviously Russia is the best choice

SardiniaAtlantis
What kind of videos?

All different sorts, some of political nature, but others are just entertainment random interviews etc. There are lots of articles on the issue actually.

Manifest Destiny

It's reasonable for Japan to essentially have to get approval from China when flying over it's own territory?

Would you be okay with having to obtain approval from the American government to drive on British roads?

Graham
Google Chrome, Is not allowing me on page 4. btw Malware.

portusaus
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Google Chrome, Is not allowing me on page 4. btw Malware.

Or 3 for me

SardiniaAtlantis
02-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Or 3 for me

Same here it says page 3 and 4 have Malware.

Graham
02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Or 3 for me

Aye lol. Who to blame. Russia, China or America. :cool: big bastard countries of the world.

RussiaPrussia
02-08-2014, 08:44 PM

China was the center of the world for 20 centuries+. How long did your country exist? 200 years?

China censors the internet so chinese use chinese products instead being dependent on american stuff that is spying on you like europeans experience. Its protectionism and very smart. I wish russia would do the same.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
All different sorts, some of political nature, but others are just entertainment random interviews etc. There are lots of articles on the issue actually.

Well they have to take down copyrighted stuff, but for political stuff it's troubling.

blogen
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM
World Police.

No, it is hegemony. Japan does not defend himself, but US defends Japan.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Always the downfall of europe in modern times, being mindblowingly naive.

I like chinese as a people but they are quite corrupt and more nationalistic than germany ever was.

GrebluBro
02-08-2014, 09:53 PM
We defend India, too. If we didn't chinese would turn your babies into dog food.

LOL..
Most Indians don't like Americans.

I think Indian military strength is good enough, they got nuclear weapons and other stuff.

Assholes invested more in military than on education :picard2:

GrebluBro
02-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the media. China is not as bad as the media portray/ it.

So is India

Unome
02-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Phone taping is not the same as censorship; also many Amerikans disagree with NSA and surveillance/police state.

SardiniaAtlantis
02-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Phone taping is not the same as censorship; also many Amerikans disagree with NSA and surveillance/police state.

Of course many Americans disagree with it, and well they should, but there is also Internet censorship in the U.S.

Unome
02-08-2014, 10:55 PM
China was the center of the world for 20 centuries+. How long did your country exist? 200 years?
Europa culture has existed for millenniums too; we are this.

China censors the internet so chinese use chinese products instead being dependent on american stuff that is spying on you like europeans experience. Its protectionism and very smart. I wish russia would do the same.
The global world cannot be stopped, countries should learn to cooperate and avoid full-scale, nuclear wars, still. It is every human's responsibility now.

But US should enforce the rules.

Unome
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Of course many Americans disagree with it, and well they should, but there is also Internet censorship in the U.S.
It's not federal, but private. In China the whole country has censorship policies.

It is a different type of censorship (by State/National Socialists). US Federal Government has no legality on censorship. Our constitution protects Freedom of Speech, 1st Law of the land.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 10:57 PM
LOL..
Most Indians don't like Americans.

I think Indian military strength is good enough, they got nuclear weapons and other stuff.

Assholes invested more in military than on education :picard2:

China has the biggest industrial base in the world and steals all american tech, and has advanced stealth fighters and icbms. They also have enough nukes to fry all asia even if not US, and they have enough shelters for millions to weather out any nuclear war.

India has a few nukes they'd never be able to deliver and not much else worth speaking of.

RussiaPrussia
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Europa culture has existed for millenniums too; we are this.

china existed longer and second yourent a euroean country, youre like a latin american country sooner or later

SardiniaAtlantis
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
It's not federal, but private. In China the whole country has censorship policies.

It is a different type of censorship (by State/National Socialists). US Federal Government has no legality on censorship. Our constitution protects Freedom of Speech, 1st Law of the land.

It is federal.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/government-censor-internet_n_3535322.html
http://mashable.com/2013/12/19/google-transparency-report-68-more-censorship/

Unome
02-08-2014, 10:59 PM
china existed longer and second yourent a euroean country, youre like a latin american country sooner or later
US still has 51% majority Euro-Amerikans. But maybe the majority will change, but for now, we are.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-08-2014, 10:59 PM

Megalithic europeans had advanced mathematics that chinese didn't get until thousands of years later.

Unome
02-08-2014, 11:01 PM
It is federal.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/government-censor-internet_n_3535322.html
http://mashable.com/2013/12/19/google-transparency-report-68-more-censorship/
Impeding on Freedom of Speech is unconstitutional, therefore illegal and Un-amerikan.

Cases of censorship eventually will get overturned by the Supreme Court. It is not a major concern.

The debate in US right now is privatization of the internet & cable. But I expect US people will vote to keep it free and unregulated.

DeaththeKid
02-08-2014, 11:07 PM
China has the biggest industrial base in the world and steals all american tech, and has advanced stealth fighters and icbms. They also have enough nukes to fry all asia even if not US, and they have enough shelters for millions to weather out any nuclear war.

India has a few nukes they'd never be able to deliver and not much else worth speaking of.

Sorry but you are grossly misinformed about India and China's capabilities. China does have a large industrial base but as of yet they are not technologically advanced in aircraft and shipbuilding (I suggest you do some reading on their so called stealth fighter). Also India has the capability to deliver nukes to China. In some ways India is more advanced then China such as missile defence, some aspects of their navy and currently their space program is the most efficient in the world. India currently has a better airforce then China too which is kind of surprising considering China has a much larger economy.

Unome
02-08-2014, 11:12 PM
China should not build an army or military weapons; it is too provocative. Why is it necessary for them?

The problem is if & when Kim Jong Un begins a war with South Korea. But if he does not then there is no security concern for China.

SardiniaAtlantis
02-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Impeding on Freedom of Speech is unconstitutional, therefore illegal and Un-amerikan.

Cases of censorship eventually will get overturned by the Supreme Court. It is not a major concern.

The debate in US right now is privatization of the internet & cable. But I expect US people will vote to keep it free and unregulated.

I never said it wasnt unconstitutional, but it is happening regardless.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 07:20 AM
A lot of it is posturing. I think if an actual war broke out over these islands, the US would think twice before physically stepping in.

blogen
02-10-2014, 08:51 AM

Not true. The present Chinese state is only from the late 16th century, since Nurhaci reorganized the Manchu predecessor state. This is the short history of the present Chinese state:

1593-1616 - the Qing dynasty's and the Manchu state's foundation
1616-1683 - the Manchu/Qing state conquered China
1683-1911 - Qing dynasty's state
1911-1949 - Republic of China
since 1949 - People's Republic of China

Total age of China and their predecessors: 421 years

Lot of European states are more older than China, even Russia too!

RussiaPrussia
02-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Not true. The present Chinese state is only from the late 16th century, since Nurhaci reorganized the Manchu predecessor state. This is the short history of the present Chinese state:

its about civilization

blogen
02-10-2014, 09:08 AM
its about civilization

The Chinese civilization is more than 7000 years old since the Yangshao and other neolithic predecessor cultures. The social structure started developing in these cultures (cities, fortifications, states). But civilization is not equal with the present Chinese state. For example the European Union is not almost 8-9000 years old since the developed Balkan neolithic on the right of the Bulgarian EU membership. :D

glass
02-10-2014, 09:26 AM

why previous dynasties are not in this list?
or it is just another bs from you to justify your (idiotic?) opinion?

blogen
02-10-2014, 09:46 AM
why previous dynasties are not in this list?
or it is just another bs from you to justify your (idiotic?) opinion?

Because they reigned in other states. For example the ancient Roman Emperors and the medieval Roman emperors did not rule in identical states in Europe. The situation was identical in China, there was not continuity between many dynasties in China. There were nation states in China, there were feudal empires, there were small barbarian kindgoms, etc. The states continuity were interrupted lot of times.

Anglojew
02-10-2014, 09:47 AM
U.S. vows to defend Japan if conflict erupts in East China Sea

China has imposed an air defense identification zone over much of the East China Sea. Beijing says it now requires notification from planes crossing the Senkaku Islands, long administered by Tokyo.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/02/08/national/u-s-vows-to-defend-japan-if-conflict-erupts-in-east-china-sea/#.UvYyZvldU4E

A very Un-Obama policy.

glass
02-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Because they reigned in other states. For example the ancient Roman Emperors and the medieval Roman emperors did not rule in identical states in Europe. The situation was identical in China, there was not continuity between many dynasties in China. There were nation states in China, there were feudal empires, there were small barbarian kindgoms, etc. The states continuity were interrupted lot of times.
let me ask how old is your hungary?

blogen
02-10-2014, 09:54 AM
let me ask how old is your hungary?

1014 years old. This is the present Hungarian state's unbroken continuity since the foundation. And the ancient Hungarian state in Western Siberia* is not predecessor for the today's Hungarian state.

*Chinese sources (Zhang Qian chinese diplomat) called the ancient Hungarian state : Ui-Beigo ("Ugor Kingdom", the Sargat culture in the archeology).

glass
02-10-2014, 10:10 AM
1014 years old. This is the present Hungarian state's unbroken continuity since the foundation. And the ancient Hungarian state in Western Siberia* is not predecessor for the today's Hungarian state.

*Chinese sources (Zhang Qian chinese diplomat) called the ancient Hungarian state : Ui-Beigo ("Ugor Kingdom", the Sargat culture in the archeology).
lol, are you truly such a clown? :picard1:
hungaria did not exist in 16-20 centuries yet it has "unbroken continuity", and first organized group horse fucking is enough for state foundation:thumb001:

while China was always homogeneous entity, never actually conquered (though they had foreign dynasties), not to mention all early european travelers did say how rich and prosperous China was compared to (shitpoor) Europe. And those travels were coming from advanced parts of Europe like north Italy, imagine what some dude from Hungaria (always shithole compared to rest of europe) would say;)
China >> Europe by large margin untill 18-19 century, they started lag behind because their heavely bureaucratic state could not provide opportunity for innovations, even in 19 century europeans had very little to offer, basically only drugs and military force (to ensure they would trade their goods for drugs) Opium Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars) :bored:

Hungaria is twice older than China - biggest shit i have ever heard this year so far.
I advice you stop write nonsense on this forum, because every your post is just another proof how retarded you are ;):picard1:

blogen
02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
lol, are you truly such a clown? :picard1:
hungaria did not exist in 16-20 centuries yet it has "unbroken continuity", and first organized group horse fucking is enough for state foundation:thumb001:

What did not exist? :picard1:

while China was always homogeneous entity

Ok, so you commented from a lunatic asylum. :D

ps. Homogeneous? Really? Even the bigger part of the present Han populated area was not Chinese ethnically with a thousand years before!

Hungaria is twice older than China

Are you retard too? We talk about the states. Not civilizations, not cultures, not nations, not folks, but states. The states have their own history from the fundation until the end. The present Hungarian state is two times older than the present Chinese state. Since the Manchus founded the present Chinese state after the collapse and disintegration of the Ming state.

glass
02-10-2014, 10:30 AM
http://s8.postimg.org/a6ecrbgf9/1600.jpg ("[url=http://postimage.org/)
Europe in 1600
i fail to see Hungaria here

blogen
02-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Europe in 1600

:picard2:

glass
02-10-2014, 10:37 AM
:picard2:
Hungaria is typical young butthurt state (not even 100 years old), made on territory of former empire, to ensure that former empire will not reborn.
amount of historical fiction, lame theories and level of butthurt typical for young butthurt state, like Hungaria, Estonia etc.

btw in 50-100 years China will be one of centers of civillization once again, but Hungaria (if still exist), will still be nothing more but area around Budasex.
truth hurts sometimes, deal with it

blogen
02-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Sorry, but any kind of debate would be meaningless on your level glasses. Please finish the primary school before!

glass
02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but any kind of debate would be meaningless on your level glasses.
true, discussion with me is beyond your capabilities, what else can we actually expect from person who speaks about continuous existence of state invisible on map most of the time of its "continuous" existence :D

Loki
02-10-2014, 12:27 PM
China should not build an army or military weapons; it is too provocative. Why is it necessary for them?

It is necessary to protect themselves from a resurgent Japanese imperialism and aggression.

Drawing-slim
02-10-2014, 12:36 PM
US should defend Japan to the very last breath. Yet again USA proves to be the kindest most moral superpower in history of human kind.

lei.talk
02-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Ampsicorra (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?10287-2Med4u&tab=aboutme#aboutme) http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?114003&p=2382521&viewfull=1#post2382521) it's not even funny. Many videos I want to watch
that I can see abroad but when I come back to the states I find are not allowed to be viewed.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?10414-Proxy-browsing&p=315873&viewfull=1#post315873 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?10414&p=315873&viewfull=1#post315873)

Lurker
02-10-2014, 01:21 PM
What do you think chances are of Japan attacking China? I think it's near 0, even if they re-arm and change their constitution. It's not the 1930s anymore. Imperialism is on the low after WW2. Japanese life conditions are much better in the post-WW2 version of their country than it was before, in absolute or relative terms (relative to Europe or the US).

China is arming itself to face the US when the right time comes. And to have more imperialistic ambitions on their frontiers. And not just with Japan, but with the Philipines and India as well.

Loki
02-10-2014, 01:57 PM
What do you think chances are of Japan attacking China? I think it's near 0, even if they re-arm and change their constitution. It's not the 1930s anymore. Imperialism is on the low after WW2. Japanese life conditions are much better in the post-WW2 version of their country than it was before, in absolute or relative terms (relative to Europe or the US).

China is arming itself to face the US when the right time comes. And to have more imperialistic ambitions on their frontiers. And not just with Japan, but with the Philipines and India as well.

Japan is already building up alliances for a war. Abe has recently visited India for that purpose. He has also provoked outrage by visiting memorials to war criminals who massacred Chinese and Korean civilians. Don't trust the Japanese.

Loki
02-10-2014, 01:57 PM
USA proves to be the kindest most moral superpower in history of human kind.

You are joking, right?

Drawing-slim
02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
You are joking, right?

Far from it.
It's a moral obligation for US to defend Japan to the end of time. And Germany as well if Germany is ever threaten by Russia or whoever else.
And yes, USA is the kindest the most fair the most humane superpower to have ever exist. Nothing this good will ever rule the world again.

Balmung
02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Wow are people really ragging on us for defending a close ally of ours?

We can't win can we? when we help people bitch when we sit idle "You guys didn't even show up until the last minute".

lolololol

Loki
02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
This is the part I disagree with:

And yes, USA is the kindest the most fair the most humane superpower to have ever exist. Nothing this good will ever rule the world again.

The US has started and instigated unnecessary wars, and would have done more so if not for international outrage.

I would be more comfortable with China and Russia as superpowers. And their time will come.

Drawing-slim
02-10-2014, 02:22 PM
This is the part I disagree with:

The US has started and instigated unnecessary wars, and would have done more so if not for international outrage.

I would be more comfortable with China and Russia as superpowers. And their time will come.

You realize that if Russia or China were to rule the world you personally would be shipped to Siberia doing hard labor for life just for owning a free speech forum or this kind, right?

Loki
02-10-2014, 02:41 PM
You realize that if Russia or China were to rule the world you personally would be shipped to Siberia doing hard labor for life just for owning a free speech forum or this kind, right?

They still have some work to do on that front, admittedly. Personal freedoms.

I know you are supporting America because of its support for Kosovo and Albania, and I can understand that. But that's about the only good thing they have done. And they did so purely for geopolitical reasons, not because they felt so sorry for Kosovar Albanians.

Drawing-slim
02-10-2014, 02:50 PM
They still have some work to do on that front, admittedly. Personal freedoms.

I know you are supporting America because of its support for Kosovo and Albania, and I can understand that. But that's about the only good thing they have done. And they did so purely for geopolitical reasons, not because they felt so sorry for Kosovar Albanians.

Actually they did very bare minimum. During the bombing I was mad at US for intervening way to late. Considering they had enough reasons learning from Bosnia..they should have shut Miloshevic down the first week.

US even though is in deep deep debt still is the leading country in the world to donate to poorer nations.
US is the only superpower to erase total debts from countless nations around the world.
Nothing is ever gonna be perfect, but considering the twisted apposition US faces, has still been very kind and democratic. If anything I think US needs to be more tough and dictatorial like in the world stage. I'm serious. US needs to smack around these big mouth countries like china and Russia.

Loki
02-10-2014, 02:56 PM
If anything I think US needs to be more tough and dictatorial like in the world stage. I'm serious. US needs to smack around these big mouth countries like china and Russia.

Whoah ... I pray to God that wouldn't happen. And I'm an atheist.

Graham
02-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Whoah ... I pray to God that wouldn't happen. And I'm an atheist.

This is what would happen eventually. If the Balkan nations were the worlds biggest & most powerful nations.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZpJS7UX--hccQg128mCS1GWCvc56V7X2P8TtMvjR08nSkH2e_VQ

Drawing-slim
02-10-2014, 03:06 PM
This is what would happen eventually. If the Balkan nations were the worlds biggest & most powerful nations.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZpJS7UX--hccQg128mCS1GWCvc56V7X2P8TtMvjR08nSkH2e_VQ

Sadly the majority of balkan population is an invasive violent foreign races except for Albanians who have only lost lands to these hyenas and as the record shows they have been the most peaceful.

Beit El
02-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Best human rights and freedom? You mean the country that consistently scores terrible in indexes like PISA and the World Press Freedom Index? The country that invaded Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, and bombed Serbia? Yeah you're doing a great job buddy.

Unome
02-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Japan is already building up alliances for a war. Abe has recently visited India for that purpose. He has also provoked outrage by visiting memorials to war criminals who massacred Chinese and Korean civilians. Don't trust the Japanese.
The Japanese are very responsible & civilized today; look at all they accomplished since surrender in WWII.

"Don't trust the Japanese" this is a very irresponsible thing to say. Compared to China or Russia? These are anti-humanitarian nations which do not support human rights.

Your support of them signals a dark direction.

Arianiti
02-10-2014, 04:08 PM

:picard1:

Screw Communist China, and Communist Russia.

Loki
02-10-2014, 04:49 PM
The Japanese are very responsible & civilized today; look at all they accomplished since surrender in WWII.

"Don't trust the Japanese" this is a very irresponsible thing to say. Compared to China or Russia? These are anti-humanitarian nations which do not support human rights.

You need to read up more about their history to understand the Japanese psyche.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 04:56 PM

While I agree that Japanese society is far less corrupt today than China or Russia, and affords a far greater protection of individual rights, historical experience indicates that how a society treats its own citizens has little bearing on whether it is just or fair to those considered outside of its society. The US and UK have historically treated its own citizens (at least those that were considered part of the "in" group, read "White" or "Anglo") very well, simultaneously it committed outrageous human rights and war crimes against those that were deemed foreign or inferior. So the fact that Japan today is a generally lawful and democratic society has little bearing on whether it is a fair or trustworthy player.

Unome
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Wow there is so much anti-Japanese sentiment here, and supported by the forum/website as a whole? This is racism.

Loki
02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Wow there is so much anti-Japanese sentiment here, and supported by the forum/website as a whole? This is racism.

No, it's only a handful of us who prefer the Chinese. And I do because I have read up much about the history of East Asia.

Kiyant
02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Japan > China

Balmung
02-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I like the Japanese, they're a humble people. Even their businesses are somewhat more humble and less cutthroat than businesses in other countries. Even when it means praising the competition. Several times Sony has stated how the industry would be devestated if Nintendo died. Western companies like Microsoft on the other hand? pays off youtubers for good reviews of their console and offers $100 in store credit to anyone who ditches their PS3's, and Chinese businesses will steal your patents in a minute :lol:

I do love Chinese history more though.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 05:29 PM

I don't think it is anti-Japanese racism to state that Japan is not on any special moral ground vis a vis China/Russia or any other country. The fact is that China and Japan will both act according to their self interest and neither country are altruistic or moral players, neither are Russia or the USA either. Also, Japan's democracy is absolutely no indication that it is somehow more trustworthy in its disputes with its rivals than China or Russia is because the latter two are more authoritarian. Both democracies and authoritarian states actually act quite predictably based on their perceived interests.

Unome
02-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Regardless US should protect Japan from Chinese aggression and Germany from Russian aggression. This is standard and should not surprise anybody.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I like the Japanese, they're a humble people. Even their businesses are somewhat more humble and less cutthroat than businesses in other countries. Even when it means praising the competition. Several times Sony has stated how the industry would be devestated if Nintendo died. Western companies like Microsoft on the other hand? pays off youtubers for good reviews of their console and offers $100 in store credit to anyone who ditches their PS3's, and Chinese businesses will steal your patents in a minute :lol:

I do love Chinese history more though.

While it is true that Chinese industry in the past couple decades has been rife with copyrights abuses, the fact is that Japan was often accused of the same during their period of rapid industrialization in the 30's to the 60's, with many Japanese businessmen coming to the US to copy American product technology and producing near knock offs. Of course given China's scale, there are probably more obvious examples of this, but I think in 20-30 years, China will likely have advanced in its industrialization to the point where it will likely become an innovator rather than just a copier. In some fields, its already moving in that direction, though development is a gradual process and takes time.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Regardless US should protect Japan from Chinese aggression and Germany from Russian aggression. This is standard and should not surprise anybody.

I think that statement is more understandable if China was in fact invading Japan. But what we are talking about is a territorial dispute over uninhabited islands, and it is very arguable that those should not be governed by Japan.

This dispute is a core interest to both China and Japan. It is a marginal issue to the US. But war with China will be very disastrous for the US and China both. If you think war with China is worth resolving Japan's territorial issues over uninhabited islands, then I am afraid that it is not a wise calculation.

Unome
02-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I think that statement is more understandable if China was in fact invading Japan. But what we are talking about is a territorial dispute over uninhabited islands, and it is very arguable that those should not be governed by Japan.

This dispute is a core interest to both China and Japan. It is a marginal issue to the US. But war with China will be very disastrous for the US and China both. If you think war with China is worth resolving Japan's territorial issues over uninhabited islands, then I am afraid that it is not a wise calculation.
Politicking always requires lines drawn into the sand, and in this case, the ocean.

I recommend a neutral, objective, mediator third-party member. But who can be objective, fair, and just?

Neither Japan nor China should take advantage of positive US-Japan relationships. That is most unfair and unjust.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Politicking always requires lines drawn into the sand, and in this case, the ocean.

I recommend a neutral, objective, mediator third-party member. But who can be objective, fair, and just?

Neither Japan nor China should take advantage of positive US-Japan relationships. That is most unfair and unjust.

This issue has nothing to do with US-Japan relations and everything to do with Sino-Japanese rivalry. This issue would still exist if the US became isolationist and no longer a player in Asia.

Anyways, I doubt there will be a war erupting over these islands anytime soon, it's simply too stupid. However, China knowing that time is on its side since the balance of power will probably shift greatly to its favor in the next 30-40 years will probably decide to wait until the future before it decisively plans an operation to capture the islands with a surgical but limited strike.

Äijä
02-10-2014, 06:06 PM
And that is why they didnt exterminate every single infidel in their border :coffee:

They also dont like to work much, they try to use slaves or rule the non-muslims.

RandoBloom
02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
They also dont like to work much, they try to use slaves or rule the non-muslims.

Non muslims in their borders? You are crazy, you just said they hate and want to exterminate them. Thus that is impossible. :coffee:

Geminus
02-10-2014, 07:24 PM

We don't need any Americans to protect us from Russians.

Unome
02-10-2014, 07:30 PM
We don't need any Americans to protect us from Russians.
You did 70 years ago. Germans must answer to higher powers for self-protection and continued autonomy. And who knows if & when more internal European brother wars will arise.

Loki
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
You did 70 years ago.

Americans didn't protect Germans, they were enemies and invaded the western half of Germany.

Loki
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
I like the Japanese, they're a humble people.

You tell that to a Chinese or Korean person and they'll ridicule you.

Wadaad
02-10-2014, 07:48 PM

Japan will eventually realign itself with China...all the pacific countries will, they wont have a choice. What I predict happening is a nationalist led military coup in Japan forcing the United States to intervene...2 years of full fledged American occupation and the Japanese will have enough and the Asian theatre of WW3 commences. If not Japan, South Korea then, or both...The tipping point is when a Japanese faction finds aligning with China more beneficial to their interests than remaining under American protection.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 07:48 PM
You tell that to a Chinese or Korean person and they'll ridicule you.

Japanese are humble on a person to person basis only because they are exceedingly polite. But internally they have a strong sense of racial supremacy. And working in groups, they are quite vicious as history attests. However, I will note that on an individual basis, Japanese are very easy to be around as they are very polite but they are hard to get to know on a personal basis. Chinese and Koreans are far ruder and more straightforward but much more genuine with their feelings.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Japan will eventually realign itself with China...all the pacific countries will, they wont have a choice. What I predict happening is a nationalist led military coup in Japan forcing the United States to intervene...2 years of full fledged American occupation and the Japanese will have enough and the Asian theatre of WW3 commences. If not Japan, South Korea then, or both...

I don't see this happening. There is a very deep antipathy between China and Japan.

Loki
02-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Japan will eventually realign itself with China

No chance of that happening in the next few centuries. The enmity runs very deep.

Wadaad
02-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I don't see this happening. There is a very deep antipathy between China and Japan.

I think China will impose its will on its neighbors all the same...Think of the USSR, most east bloc countries had deep historical antipathies with Russia, it didnt stop them from becoming satellites.

zhaoyun
02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I think China will impose its will on its neighbors all the same...Think of the USSR, most east bloc countries had deep historical antipathies with Russia, it didnt stop them from becoming satellites.

Except Russia was connected to those countries by land and was overwhelmingly more powerful and also historically dominated them.

Japan is an island nation, and a great power in its own right. In addition, its always been autonomous from China even back in history when most of the other East Asian nations were subjects (such as Korea).

blogen
02-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Except Russia was connected to those countries by land and was overwhelmingly more powerful and also historically dominated them.
Japan is an island nation, and a great power in its own right. In addition, its always been autonomous from China even back in history when most of the other East Asian nations were subjects (such as Korea).

There is a strong cultural/civilizational border between Japan and China somewhere in the Korean peninsula and on the island chain. Two different world.

Unome
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Americans didn't protect Germans, they were enemies and invaded the western half of Germany.
Because Germany invaded Poland and started the World War. Germans were first enemies of themselves. Most Germans fled West, and surrendered to US, because the fate was far, far worse for those on the East side of the Berlin Wall.

This is simple history; we shouldn't need to repeat this.

Loki
02-10-2014, 08:23 PM
We have so many articles and threads about China and Japan these days, it would sense to create an East Asia section to collect them all.

arcticwolf
02-10-2014, 08:31 PM
We need Japanese members, but Loki would probably scare them away :(

Loki
02-10-2014, 08:36 PM
We need Japanese members, but Loki would probably scare them away :(

No, I would welcome them :)

Scarlet Ibis
02-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Actually, the only post I saw in this thread that smacked of racism was yours on page 2. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?114003-U-S-vows-to-defend-Japan-if-conflict-erupts-in-East-China-Sea&p=2382414&viewfull=1#post2382414

It's clear to me that you know very little about East Asian affairs, either in a historical, or modern context. Which is fine, unless you falsely pretend otherwise. I say this in all honesty: I have nothing against Japan as a nation, but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd choose to live Russia over Japan, because I think I'd have a better shot at being treated fairly in daily life.

Szegedist
02-11-2014, 01:00 AM
http://s8.postimg.org/a6ecrbgf9/1600.jpg
Europe in 1600

The Kingdom of Hungary was only formally part of Empire of Austria.[5] It was regnum independens, a separate Monarchy as Article X of 1790 stipulated.[5] According to the Constitutional law and public law, the Empire of Austria has never lawfully included the Kingdom of Hungary.[6] After the cessation of the Holy Roman Empire (Kingdom of Hungary was not part of it) the new title of the Habsburg rulers (Emperor of Austria) did not in any sense affect the laws and the constitution of Hungary according to the Hungarian Diet and the proclamation of Francis I in a rescript,[7] thus the country was part of the other Lands of the empire largely through the common monarch.[5]
The administration and government of the Kingdom of Hungary were not united with the common administrational and governmental structure of the Austrian Empire. The central governmental structures remained well separated from the imperial government, and they were linked largerly by the person of the common monarch. The country was governed by the Council of Liutenancy of Hungary (the Gubernium) - located in Pressburg and later in Pest - and by the Hungarian Royal Court Chancellery in Vienna.[8]
The Empire of Austria and Kingdom of Hungary have always maintained separate parliaments. (See: Imperial Council (Austria) and Diet of Hungary.) Legally, except for the Pragmatic Sanction of 1713, common laws have never existed in the Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of Hungary.
The division was so marked between Austria and Hungary that there was no common citizenship: a person was either an Austrian or a Hungarian citizen, and no one was allowed to hold dual citizenship.[9][10] The difference in citizenship also meant that there were always separate Austrian and Hungarian passports, never a common one.[11][12]
From 1527 (the creation of the monarchic personal union) to 1851 the Kingdom of Hungary maintained its own customs borders which separated her from the other parts of the Habsburg-ruled territories.[13]

Szegedist
02-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Hungaria is typical young butthurt state (not even 100 years old), made on territory of former empire, to ensure that former empire will not reborn.
amount of historical fiction, lame theories and level of butthurt typical for young butthurt state, like Hungaria, Estonia etc.

Russia did not exist before the 1990s, it is a young 20 year old state.

Principality of Hungary (895-1000)
Kingdom of Hungary (1000-1918)
Hungarian Democratic Republic (1918-1919)
Hungarian Soviet Republic (1919)
Hungarian Democratic Republic (1919-1920)
Kingdom of Hungary (1920-1946)
Republic of Hungary (1946–49)
Peoples Republic of Hungary (1949–1989)
Hungary (1989-now)

You are a typical uneducated kolhkoz proletarian moron, son of a red army rapist and local prostitute from Sukagrad.

Drawing-slim
02-11-2014, 01:06 AM
No, I would welcome them :)

My best friend is Japanese/American. Mentality wise he is whiter than the whitest I've ever known. Very smart also, reads at least a book or two every week for the past 20 years and uses no tv at all for 15 years.
His Japanese dad wasn't happy that he married a blond American girl:D and I tell him that I like his dad,lol

Unome
02-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Actually, the only post I saw in this thread that smacked of racism was yours on page 2. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?114003-U-S-vows-to-defend-Japan-if-conflict-erupts-in-East-China-Sea&p=2382414&viewfull=1#post2382414

It's clear to me that you know very little about East Asian affairs, either in a historical, or modern context. Which is fine, unless you falsely pretend otherwise. I say this in all honesty: I have nothing against Japan as a nation, but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd choose to live Russia over Japan, because I think I'd have a better shot at being treated fairly in daily life.
It is not racist for me to state that European civilization > all other civilizations in the world, in world history.

And it's true.

Scarlet Ibis
02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
It is not racist for me to state that European civilization > all other civilizations in the world, in world history.

And it's true.

Ok, so that's not "racism," but Loki saying something favorable about China at Japan's expense is. Right. Your trolling is noted.

Unome
02-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Ok, so that's not "racism," but Loki saying something favorable about China at Japan's expense is. Right. Your trolling is noted.
I didn't say anything favorable at China's expense…

Bad argument on your behalf, try again, I'll give you one more chance.

Mortimer
02-11-2014, 03:55 AM
could be a major war in asia, for once i would like to see the usa defeated, i think china could defeat america at least on their immediate borders

Scarlet Ibis
02-11-2014, 03:57 AM
I didn't say anything favorable at China's expense…

Bad argument on your behalf, try again, I'll give you one more chance.

I have a better suggestion; you could be the one who tries again by reading what I actually wrote. :)

Unome
02-11-2014, 04:03 AM
I have a better suggestion; you could be the one who tries again by reading what I actually wrote. :)
You claimed I was hypocritical for calling Loki's comment racist. Prove it. I see that you wisely avoided a retort though, good for you.

Mortimer
02-11-2014, 04:04 AM
You claimed I was hypocritical for calling Loki's comment racist. Prove it. I see that you wisely avoided a retort though, good for you.

dude i know you by now and you are one of the racists here, so you calling someone racist is hypocritical, average joe logic what is there to proove

Unome
02-11-2014, 04:08 AM
dude i know you by now and you are one of the racists here, so you calling someone racist is hypocritical, average joe logic what is there to proove
Accusations without proof are nothing.

European culture globally is dominant. This is not a racist statement. Race does not always coincide with culture. Because individuals produce culture, not societies, not nations, and not races.

mrswan, you consistently make anti-white racist comments on the forum. But you are not called-out on it. That is hypocrisy.

Scarlet Ibis
02-11-2014, 04:22 AM

European culture globally is dominant. This is not a racist statement. Race does not always coincide with culture. Because individuals produce culture, not societies, not nations, and not races.

This is why it was absurd of you to accuse people of racism for speaking favorably of China at Japan's expense. And why what anyone else in this thread said is no more "racist" than what you said. Do we really need to keep going on this circular merry-go-round of silliness?

Unome
02-11-2014, 04:26 AM
This is why it was absurd of you to accuse people of racism for speaking favorably of China at Japan's expense. And why what anyone else in this thread said is no more "racist" than what you said. Do we really need to keep going on this circular merry-go-round of silliness?
You and others are skipping-over the reason why people favorably speak of China at Japan's expense.

If people discuss this reason then the racism becomes apparent. What, Japanese people can't change, and must forever be ashamed about their past? The same could be said of Germans too. And that would be the same type of racism as well.

The problem is that many people disallow forgiveness and overcoming of the past. Otherwise why not support Japan?

More people should be favorable of US-Japan security relationships. Without US, China probably would bully Japan around with this increasing Chinese armament.

Mortimer
02-11-2014, 04:36 AM

mrswan, you consistently make anti-white racist comments on the forum. But you are not called-out on it. That is hypocrisy.

you only say that individuals produce culture to make it sound less racist, but your statement is a contradiction because if it is not the europeans as a whole who produce the culture it wouldnt make any sense to label it "european culture" obviously it is associated with "european peoples/nations/race" and i know how you think because i saw you making many racist statements before. you are one of the stupid white supremacists here. just for the sake of discussion you are now in, you try to cover it up now. if someone said chinese culture is superior to japanese culture, you would have said it is racist. like you called Loki a racist, a dumb racist shouldnt call others racist.

Mortimer
02-11-2014, 04:39 AM
You and others are skipping-over the reason why people favorably speak of China at Japan's expense.

If people discuss this reason then the racism becomes apparent. What, Japanese people can't change, and must forever be ashamed about their past? The same could be said of Germans too. And that would be the same type of racism as well.

The problem is that many people disallow forgiveness and overcoming of the past. Otherwise why not support Japan?

More people should be favorable of US-Japan security relationships. Without US, China probably would bully Japan around with this increasing Chinese armament.

i doubt anyone supports china over japan because of their past, but same could be said about you, you speak favourably of them because of their past, and because they were allies with fascists etc. im sure most people here speak favourable of china because japan is a puppet of the USA and there to provoce china in the interest of USA, so the USA can bully china around.

Skerdilaid
02-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Japanese are humble on a person to person basis only because they are exceedingly polite. But internally they have a strong sense of racial supremacy. And working in groups, they are quite vicious as history attests. However, I will note that on an individual basis, Japanese are very easy to be around as they are very polite but they are hard to get to know on a personal basis. Chinese and Koreans are far ruder and more straightforward but much more genuine with their feelings.

I don't agree with this statement. Japanese are quite reserved but at the same time a lot more genuine in their act then all Asia combined, and should not even be compared to other Asians in this aspect!

Unome
02-11-2014, 06:10 AM
you only say that individuals produce culture to make it sound less racist,
Because it's true; you seem obsessed with race/racism. There is more to life.

but your statement is a contradiction because if it is not the europeans as a whole who produce the culture it wouldnt make any sense to label it "european culture" obviously it is associated with "european peoples/nations/race"
The beginning is not the end. European culture has been built over many millenniums, thousands of years. Presently speaking, people commonly refer to European culture as its current end result (today). Plus the contributors to European culture are marked by history. The anti-Europeans are also marked.

and i know how you think because i saw you making many racist statements before.
Maybe you mistook my statements for your own?

you are one of the stupid white supremacists here.
You seem to hold a lot of hate inside.

just for the sake of discussion you are now in, you try to cover it up now. if someone said chinese culture is superior to japanese culture, you would have said it is racist.
No, it depends on the context. But I do feel many here are racist toward Japanese people, yes. Some people never let go of the past.

like you called Loki a racist, a dumb racist shouldnt call others racist.
I did not call anybody specific racist. I said that anti-Japanese sentiment is racist. Here is my exact words & quote:

"Wow there is so much anti-Japanese sentiment here, and supported by the forum/website as a whole? This is racism."

i doubt anyone supports china over japan because of their past, but same could be said about you, you speak favourably of them because of their past, and because they were allies with fascists etc.
Incorrect, Japan viciously, dishonorably attacked the US to begin US participation in WWII. My grandfather valiantly fought in the Korean War. My other grandfather valiantly fought for allies against Nazi Germany. Both of my grandfathers were patriots & soldiers. US stands for freedom.

So you cleanly are wrong on this point. My support for Japan is due to the historical fact, the result of surrender, and the astounding, remarkable, monumental change Japan has made over the past century since the end of the war. Japanese should become treated with fairness and understanding, in light of that.

Your reasoning is at fault.

im sure most people here speak favourable of china because japan is a puppet of the USA and there to provoce china in the interest of USA, so the USA can bully china around.
Japan is a trusted friend & ally to US, not a "puppet". And they will have autonomy soon enough, with militarization and the means for self-protection. US does not 'bully' China.

In fact North Korea are the bullies of the region; they murdered a dozen innocent South Koreans some years ago in "military exercises". North Korea is fortunate not to have started a major war already.

Unless you support North Korea and the murdering of innocent South Korean citizens during "military exercises"?

Mortimer
02-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Because it's true; you seem obsessed with race/racism. There is more to life.

The beginning is not the end. European culture has been built over many millenniums, thousands of years. Presently speaking, people commonly refer to European culture as its current end result (today). Plus the contributors to European culture are marked by history. The anti-Europeans are also marked.

Maybe you mistook my statements for your own?

You seem to hold a lot of hate inside.

No, it depends on the context. But I do feel many here are racist toward Japanese people, yes. Some people never let go of the past.

I did not call anybody specific racist. I said that anti-Japanese sentiment is racist. Here is my exact words & quote:

"Wow there is so much anti-Japanese sentiment here, and supported by the forum/website as a whole? This is racism."

Incorrect, Japan viciously, dishonorably attacked the US to begin US participation in WWII. My grandfather valiantly fought in the Korean War. My other grandfather valiantly fought for allies against Nazi Germany. Both of my grandfathers were patriots & soldiers. US stands for freedom.

So you cleanly are wrong on this point. My support for Japan is due to the historical fact, the result of surrender, and the astounding, remarkable, monumental change Japan has made over the past century since the end of the war. Japanese should become treated with fairness and understanding, in light of that.

Your reasoning is at fault.

Japan is a trusted friend & ally to US, not a "puppet". And they will have autonomy soon enough, with militarization and the means for self-protection. US does not 'bully' China.

In fact North Korea are the bullies of the region; they murdered a dozen innocent South Koreans some years ago in "military exercises". North Korea is fortunate not to have started a major war already.

Unless you support North Korea and the murdering of innocent South Korean citizens during "military exercises"?

Im sure no one is racist towards Japanese People and it is political question, because the USA bullies all other nations and japan happens to be a ally of the US and act in US interests etc. thats my reason for my side with china because i really hate it seeing the US bullying many nations in every corner of the world

Loki
02-11-2014, 06:26 AM
I don't agree with this statement. Japanese are quite reserved but at the same time a lot more genuine in their act then all Asia combined, and should not even be compared to other Asians in this aspect!

Like the Japanese premier visiting shrines to war criminals?

blogen
02-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Russia did not exist before the 1990s, it is a young 20 year old state.

Are you retard? :picard1:

The evolution and the names of the Russian state:

late 13th century - the principalty was founded Daniel and Yurij
until 1547 - Principalty and Grand Principalty of Moscow
1547–1721 - Kingdom of Russia
1721–1917 - Empire of Russia
1917 - Russian Republic
1917–1991 - Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
since 1991 - Russian Federation

Szegedist
02-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Are you retard? :picard1:

The evolution and the names of the Russian state:

late 13th century - the principalty was founded Daniel and Yurij
until 1547 - Principalty and Grand Principalty of Moscow
1547–1721 - Kingdom of Russia
1721–1917 - Empire of Russia
1917 - Russian Republic
1917–1991 - Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
since 1991 - Russian Federation

The retard is you, who doesn't understand that my sarcastic reply was using the "logic" of glasses.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-12-2014, 07:31 PM

In the past I agree, but more and more I wonder what's the point? We don't have that much interest in europe any more, and it's not much different that USSR that we used to hate so much. If they are retarded enough to disarm themselves and destroy 'nationalism' and crack down on freedom of speech and property rights and allow millions of muslims into their shit then they are not really worth defending and don't represent any american values any more.

Unome
02-12-2014, 07:40 PM
In the past I agree, but more and more I wonder what's the point? We don't have that much interest in europe any more, and it's not much different that USSR that we used to hate so much. If they are retarded enough to disarm themselves and destroy 'nationalism' and crack down on freedom of speech and property rights and allow millions of muslims into their shit then they are not really worth defending and don't represent any american values any more.
The problem is the rise of fascist power like Putin tyranny in Russia and totalitarian power like Chinese communist government.

These are anti-humanitarian societies; they should not have more power than US. For example look at the Chinese secret police who 'disappear' Chinese commoners & peasants for speaking against the government. This is inferior civilization. This is proved by the "Great Firewall of China". China necessarily keeps the rest of the world out; because they already know that they cannot adapt to humanity. So they are forced to keep the whole world out. That is not the future of this planet. If global problems arise (Global Warming) then everybody needs to work together. So a government like China is too isolated.

Russia is having problems in the sense that Putin keeps reelecting himself. That is not democracy, but slowly changing into tyranny/fascism. Why not just keep "reelecting" yourself? But truth is, Russians/East Slavs never really capitulated to "democracy". It's a sham, a ploy, a fake, put on to appease European countries and convince Western civilization that Russian Empire is "still European".

However Europeans still treat Russians as outsiders, a peripheral 'Euro' nation. There is still a lot of foul sentiment.

However I trust Russian civilization more than Chinese (due to censorship, anti free speech values there).

Tropico
02-12-2014, 07:42 PM
I just wanna see World War 3 go down.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-12-2014, 08:19 PM
The problem is the rise of fascist power like Putin tyranny in Russia and totalitarian power like Chinese communist government.

These are anti-humanitarian societies; they should not have more power than US. For example look at the Chinese secret police who 'disappear' Chinese commoners & peasants for speaking against the government. This is inferior civilization. This is proved by the "Great Firewall of China". China necessarily keeps the rest of the world out; because they already know that they cannot adapt to humanity. So they are forced to keep the whole world out. That is not the future of this planet. If global problems arise (Global Warming) then everybody needs to work together. So a government like China is too isolated.

Russia is having problems in the sense that Putin keeps reelecting himself. That is not democracy, but slowly changing into tyranny/fascism. Why not just keep "reelecting" yourself? But truth is, Russians/East Slavs never really capitulated to "democracy". It's a sham, a ploy, a fake, put on to appease European countries and convince Western civilization that Russian Empire is "still European".

However Europeans still treat Russians as outsiders, a peripheral 'Euro' nation. There is still a lot of foul sentiment.

However I trust Russian civilization more than Chinese (due to censorship, anti free speech values there).

China's our biggest trade partner, and I'd rather see europe under them or russia than under middle east caliphate bullshit. If it doesn't do anything to preserve itself those are the only choices.