PDA

View Full Version : Heathenry sections

Loki
01-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I propose a dedicated heathenry section, with its own subforums.

Please post suggestions as to a possible structure here. What would you like to see in a heathenry section? :)

Oresai
01-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Ooh! :D
well...there could be a section for ...folk tales, the gods, folklore etc.
Maybe one on heathen literature, the sagas, Rydberg etc. :)
And a bit on living as a heathen, don`t quite know what you`d call that though. But it`s always nice to see how folks live a heathen life, too many other sites just have heathen history and lore, without showing how it`s brought from the past into the present to provide a living, growing foundation for the future. :)
What a great idea. Of course, I`m biased. :D

Psychonaut
01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd like to see it look something like this:

Theology and Cosmology
Myths and Folklore
The Runes
Rites and Folk Traditions

HawkR
01-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Like to add one to Psycho's list:

- Old norse translation

Psychonaut
01-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Like to add one to Psycho's list:

- Old norse translation

Perhaps not just ON translations, but Old High German, Old English, etc. as well. There's a lot of lore that's in other tongues.

HawkR
01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Why not, but it will take time to get all this stuff.

Ulf
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I think Psychonaut's post sums it up pretty well. It'd better to have a few broad subforums than many specific ones.

I'm assuming this is for all different types of heathenry, this being a European, not specifically Germanic forum, correct?

Either way, sweeet. :thumbs up

Aemma
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Yay!!! I was about to make a comment on an intro post that perhaps we've attained a certain critical mass to have a Heathenry section!! Yippee!

Great ideas have been put forth already. I would really like to see a section as Oresai mentioned, Living as a Heathen. Most people don't realise this but it ain't an easy task sometimes since Heathens do live within the constraints of a host culture. As Oresai mentions as well, it is always an interesting aspect of Heathenry to see how others live their faith on a daily basis; how we all strive to live by our deeds and by the NNVs.

If we could make the title, or explanation of the section to reflect that we are talking about all forms of Heathenry: Heathenry, Asatru, Forn Sed, Theodism, Anglo-Saxon Heathenry, Odinism (etc.), I think this will also go far.

Perhaps have a wee sub-section devoted to dual trad folk...I'm thinking about Cythraul here.

I also would like to see one on Heathen literature/Heathen-inspired literature as Oresai has mentioned too.

Hmm...I think that's about it for now. :)

Thanks Loki. This will be a good section to add. :)

Cheers!...Aemma

Baron Samedi
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Yay!!! I was about to make a comment on an intro post that perhaps we've attained a certain critical mass to have a Heathenry section!! Yippee!

Great ideas have been put forth already. I would really like to see a section as Oresai mentioned, Living as a Heathen. Most people don't realise this but it ain't an easy task sometimes since Heathens do live within the constraints of a host culture. As Oresai mentions as well, it is always an interesting aspect of Heathenry to see how others live their faith on a daily basis; how we all strive to live by our deeds and by the NNVs.

If we could make the title, or explanation of the section to reflect that we are talking about all forms of Heathenry: Heathenry, Asatru, Forn Sed, Theodism, Anglo-Saxon Heathenry, Odinism (etc.), I think this will also go far.

Perhaps have a wee sub-section devoted to dual trad folk...I'm thinking about Cythraul here.

I also would like to see one on Heathen literature/Heathen-inspired literature as Oresai has mentioned too.

Hmm...I think that's about it for now. :)

Thanks Loki. This will be a good section to add. :)

Cheers!...Aemma

I second the dual-trad section for the sake of future intellectual discourse on the subject.

Danke!

Vulpix
01-06-2009, 06:35 PM
The heathenry section is now live :).

Aemma
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
The heathenry section is now live :).

Looks awesome guys! Everything we asked for too! :) Thanks!