PDA

View Full Version : mtDNA C4a1c found in central Sweden

Mazik
02-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Newly an individual from the region Ångermanland in north-central Sweden was tested, and it showed that she carried the haplogroup C4a1c. Shortly after, information about an other woman who also carried the mtDNA was spread. Their maternal lines could be traced back to the same region, and even the same village! Their oldest tracable maternal ancestors were neighbors to each other. So they have without doubt a common maternal ancestor somewhere before the church started with their records.

In Siberia, C4a1c is only found among the Evenks in the very eastern part. Apart from that, mtDNA C is mostly found among Native Americans. The question is, how could this haplogroup enter Sweden?? :confused: These are the only known cases in Europe, and neither do any populations who descends from areas between the Evenks and Scandinavia have any C4a1c.

http://www.genealogi.se/images/easyblog_images/149/b2ap3_thumbnail_C4a1c-karta.jpg

:confused:

Mazik
02-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Here is where I read about it (in Swedish):

http://www.genealogi.se/component/easyblog/entry/en-haelsning-fran-sibirien?Itemid=3178

Anglojew
02-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Very interesting. Perhaps a similar origin to YDNA Q?

Mazik
02-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Very interesting. Perhaps a similar origin to YDNA Q?

That was what I thought as well. I can add that out of the 27 Y-lines I've wrote down from people that comes from this particular area, 4 of them got Q1a3*. So Q appears to be much more common in this place than other Swedish regions.

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Ancient Asian DNA in Swedes, EXPOSED

http://www.imagozone.com/var/albums/vedete/Agnetha%20Faltskog/1976/Agnetha%20Faltskog4.jpg?m=1371566947

Anglojew
02-14-2014, 07:09 AM
That was what I thought as well. I can add that out of the 27 Y-lines I've wrote down from people that comes from this particular area, 4 of them got Q1a3*. So Q appears to be much more common in this place than other Swedish regions.

I wonder if they predate others or migrated later?

Mn The Loki TA Son
02-14-2014, 07:11 AM
Interesting. I am a mtDNA C.

Mazik
02-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I wonder if they predate others or migrated later?

But the weird thing is, haplogroup Q is found on a low frequency everywhere in Europe. C4a1c is not, these C4a1c are the only two findings on the whole continent! It doesn't exist among any populations between Evenks and Scandos either, so it has probably not been because of slow and (kinda) recent immigration westwards.

Anglojew
02-14-2014, 01:47 PM
But the weird thing is, haplogroup Q is found on a low frequency everywhere in Europe. C4a1c is not, these C4a1c are the only two findings on the whole continent! It doesn't exist among any populations between Evenks and Scandos either, so it has probably not been because of slow and (kinda) recent immigration westwards.

Maybe they were ugly women? Natural selection?

Nicholas-Mountblack
03-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Very interesting.