PDA

View Full Version : Classify Joan of Arc

Smeagol
02-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Maybe North Atlantid + Borreby.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Joan_of_arc_miniature_graded.jpg

Weedman
02-14-2014, 07:03 AM
North Atlantid

and a witch

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 07:05 AM
She would of been a Dinarized Subnordid, due to evidence from her birthplace and depictions. No doubt about it :bored:

Prisoner Of Ice
02-14-2014, 07:06 AM
Basque in this pic but in most others she seems to be heavily cromag, and very robust.

She was a burgundian.

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 07:11 AM
Basque in this pic but in most others she seems to be heavily cromag, and very robust.

She was a burgundian.

I'm basing it from the fact she was equivalent to peasant class in France, there is no way, she would have any unusual admixture for the region of Lorraine today, which is Subnordid and Dinarid.

Smeagol
02-14-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm basing it from the fact she was equivalent to peasant class in France, there is no way, she would have any unusual admixture for the region of Lorraine today, which is Subnordid and Dinarid.

:picard1: Lorraine is not exclusively Subnordid, and Dinarid.

Belenos
02-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Difficult to say because we can't know her real look. I would say she had a north french/ northwestern look (nordo-north-atlanto-alpino-borrebid :) ).

Prisoner Of Ice
02-14-2014, 07:52 AM

First off I am almost certain that's not the case today.

Second, she was burgundian. The burgundian tribe came from far away and migrated south through europe until they settled in switzerland and sardinia-piedmont and eventually became rulers of the kingdom of Italy. They are not much to do with current population of france.

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 08:53 AM
:picard1: Lorraine is not exclusively Subnordid, and Dinarid.

I know, it's phenotypical varied area like much of France, what's the problem?
She was CM too, i can see that.. but it's impossible to know for sure.

http://i57.tinypic.com/eq9vg4.jpg

Smeagol
02-14-2014, 08:56 AM
I know, it's phenotypical varied area like much of France, what's the problem?
If i'm told she was part Burgundian too, that could explain more. She was CM too, i can see that.. but it's impossible to know for sure.

Lol, Celts were not Alpine like that map says.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-14-2014, 09:13 AM
There are alpine celts but they are not alpinids. Celts in brittany are definitely not alpinid. Poitou actually had people speaking non brethonic celtic until about 1400s supposedly...I don't imagine they are really roman that's crazy.

What timeframe is map supposed to be?

Keep in mind, too...these are wholly germanic areas at the time of Joan of Arc.

DeaththeKid
02-14-2014, 09:16 AM
It's amazing that a teenage girl would be given the authority to lead armies in that day and age but maybe it just shows the French are pussies :)

Prisoner Of Ice
02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
It's amazing that a teenage girl would be given the authority to lead armies in that day and age but maybe it just shows the French are pussies :)

She didn't really do any of the planning. She did force them to action a bit when they were being too pussy, though.

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
There are alpine celts but they are not alpinids. Celts in brittany are definitely not alpinid. Poitou actually had people speaking non brethonic celtic until about 1400s supposedly...I don't imagine they are really roman that's crazy.

These would of been 1700-1800's borders, but so what.. :P I think it was a similar copy from Coon's map.

Smeagol
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM
These would of been 1700-1800's borders, but so what.. :P I think it was a similar copy from Coon's map.

Coon said ancient Celts were mostly Nordid.

Nehellenia
02-14-2014, 09:27 AM

I am very aware of the 'Poitou' look, for personal and obvious reasons :D

Ouistreham
02-14-2014, 09:49 AM
She was a burgundian.
Wrong.
She was from Western Lorraine (which belonged to the Holy Empire), from an area bordering Champagne (part of the Kingdom of France). This specific environnement and geographical location certainly inspired her for an ethnic approach of nationalism as opposed to dynastic patriotism.

Dinarids are uncommon in Lorraine (and France generally speaking).

The burgundian tribe came from far away and migrated south through europe until they settled in switzerland and sardinia-piedmont and eventually became rulers of the kingdom of Italy. They are not much to do with current population of france.
LOL.
Burgundy is France's center of gravity and most critical geostrategic area:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Bourgogne_region_locator_map.svg/624px-Bourgogne_region_locator_map.svg.png

This map is from Eupedia = absolute crap.
Made by Maciamo, a demented crackpot.

... says a subhuman Wog.
Centuries of slavish submission to English cowardice have made you the lowest of the low.

Prisoner Of Ice
02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Wrong.
She was from Western Lorraine (which belonged to the Holy Empire), from an area bordering Champagne (part of the Kingdom of France). This specific environnement and geographical location certainly inspired her for an ethnic approach of nationalism as opposed to dynastic patriotism.

Dinarids are uncommon in Lorraine (and France generally speaking).

LOL.
Burgundy is France's center of gravity and most critical geostrategic area:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Bourgogne_region_locator_map.svg/624px-Bourgogne_region_locator_map.svg.png

This map is from Eupedia = absolute crap.
Made by Maciamo, a demented crackpot.

... says a subhuman Wog.
Centuries of slavish submission to English cowardice have made you the lowest of the low.

Burgundian people != people in burgundy. She was from near aachen but had burgundian tribesman blood.

Maciamo made map? That explains it. It would make no difference sine at the time area of her birth was little to do with france.