PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage Thug.

Oresai
01-06-2009, 07:22 AM
:( what strikes me more and more is that nobody seems to have any self control anymore. What happened to self discipline? I may be viewing the past through rose tinted glasses here, but I`m sure I remember when folks would not strike out in temper at the drop of a hat, when most of the sparring was done with clipped and well used words instead. Now it seems anyone gets into a rage quickly and belts or hurts whoever happens to be handy!

Road Rage Thug Hits Dad Carrying Baby
Jan 6 2009 By Emma Smith

Sheriff: This Is Worst Case I've Ever Seen

A MOTORIST drove at a man holding a tiny baby in an appalling roadrage incident.

Dugald Moffat carried out the attack in a row over a parking place.

He drove his car into a young dad who was carrying his 12-day-old daughter in a car seat.

Sheriff Marie Smart described Moffat's attack as "the worst piece of road rage" she had seen.

Moffat, 60, of Blantyre, Lanarkshire, showed no emotion as he was fined £500 for dangerous driving and £500 for breach of the peace yesterday.

He was also disqualified from driving for a year and will have to resit his test.

Moffat was found guilty of the offences after a two-hour summary trial at Hamilton Sheriff Court last month.

The court heard Moffat was so determined to get his parking space at James Hamilton Heritage Park in East Kilbride that he drove a car into Fraser Jeffcott, 25, as he carried baby Paige.

Fraser's car was parked in the space next to the one that Moffat's wife was trying to get into in May last year.

Moffat was so enraged that he swapped places with his wife Margaret and drove his car into the space.

But he had no insurance to drive the vehicle.

As he drove towards the space, he struck the baby car seat Fraser was holding.

Luckily, the baby was not injured.

As Moffat appeared for sentencing yesterday, Charles Ferguson, defending, said: "He's sorry and accepts overreacting."

Moffat was believed to be stressed-out because of financial difficulties at the time of the incident.

The court previously heard that he has suffered from anxiety.

Mr Ferguson told the court that his client was now trying to get back on his feet.

A doctor, who is also a family friend, gave the court a character reference on Moffat's behalf.

Last night, Fraser, a firefighter from Hamilton, declined to comment on the case.

Moffat, who has a string of previous convictions including three traffic offences, refused to comment following the sentencing.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/01/06/road-rage-thug-hits-dad-carrying-baby-86908-21019320/

HawkR
01-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, the thing I noticed mostly was this: His name's Moffat?! That's not an English name is it?

But what'ya know, this is most likely just one of many cases like this, and many more will come. I'll admit I get frustrated when I don't get the parking place I hoped for, but I don't run somebody over because of it! This is a clear sign of NO self-control.