PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate the quality of education you received from your high school?

Iloko
02-15-2014, 09:43 AM
There's a poll. How would you rate the overall quality of education you received from your high school in your country? Feel free to discuss..

Rate 1-10, 10 being the best

and state which country you had studied at in high school.

I went to high school in the US and I rate the one I went to a 4-5, wasn't too fond of it tbh

Mortimer
02-15-2014, 09:46 AM
8 Im quiete content, went to school in Austria

Smeagol
02-15-2014, 09:48 AM
It was pretty much useless, and we learned a bunch of pointless things that nobody in real life cares about, so 1.

manhattanZ
06-30-2014, 04:24 AM
I went a high school in the US and I voted 8.
I liked my high school.

Dictator
06-30-2014, 04:26 AM
10/10. We have money to pay quality education. The problem is using the things I learned lol.

GrebluBro
06-30-2014, 04:28 AM
5/10

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-30-2014, 04:29 AM
the education is actually good. Its the kids really. Although I could say that physical education is lacking. It became more and more lacking in my school years. The highschool also I had didnt have a a real gym. Was just a really big room with 2 bleachers and enough room to play a narrow game of soccer. It did have a separate weight room though but it was also small

Colonel Frank Grimes
06-30-2014, 04:48 AM
The only thing I remember about high school is sleeping and when I was awake I'd think about sleeping. I was so very tired.

Martin45
03-10-2015, 04:29 AM
I am from Argentina. Here, education quality tends to vary, from bad (mainly public schools) to good (expensive private schools). There are exceptions, some public schools are really good (especiall technical schools, or the ones that are dependant from public universities). Personally, I went to a non expensive private school. Could have been better.

Kawaiine
03-26-2015, 02:01 PM
3/10

i once had an idea to transfer to international school when I was in high school

our education system is very very bad, If i have a son/daughter I wouldn't send him/her to study local education system

Mary
03-26-2015, 02:03 PM
I would say about a 6. I studied in Russia. IB not Russian high school.

Jana
03-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Excellent. Only lacking in natural sciences, as I was in linguistics/humanites section. Probably our high school education is among best in Europe, but lacking in practical use.

Source: did three years in Croatia, one in the US

Velda
03-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Perfect political indoctrination, so that later, at universitiy, I knew, what opinion was requested, and which scientists should better not be quoted.
(Darwin? No, not in education science, not in Germany.)
Anyway I could not pretend good enough the requested left-wing-opinion, and I was too young, so I thought, it would quite a good idea to use logical arguments.
My feminist high-school (in Germany this was Gymnasium) - teacher looked like shit: Very short grey hair/feminist style + no bra but purple battiked trousers.
Her brain was like that, too.
So I learned at school, that it is not good to show my own opinion, because otherwise I would fail the exam, what I did the first time because of that teacher.
I give my school an A+ for teaching their pupils not to show their own opinion.
But I had a good teacher in English, so - I can write it down here, now.
Thanks Mrs. H. I will keep you in mind.

Siberian Cold Breeze
03-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Turkey - 1980's small town highchool

Weakness : Library was small , therefore poor sources ,
Bright sides : National average scores were high , teachers were good, my class was also fine , one of top class in school .
I d be wasted in a rubbish class because i can be distracted very easily .I consider myself lucky in that aspect.