PDA

View Full Version : In what regions can i pass

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Select all places i can fit, not where i fit best.

Longbowman
02-15-2014, 11:25 PM
I voted for all but Scandinavia.

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:26 PM
I voted for all but Scandinavia.

thanks man

Kastrioti1443
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Since you look Pamirid-South Mediterranid-Armenoid-Nordid blend, you can pass only in Israel.

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Since you look Pamirid-South Mediterranid-Armenoid-Nordid blend, you can pass only in Israel.

But you didnt vote Jewish Diaspora?

YeshAtid
02-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Southernmost Europe

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Southernmost Europe

thats it? its multiple choice

YeshAtid
02-15-2014, 11:35 PM
thats it? its multiple choice
The Levant also

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:50 PM
bump

GrebluBro
02-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Russian

Yehiel
02-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Russian

thats it?

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 12:23 AM
bump

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 12:52 AM
bump bump bump bump

Sharkeatpeople
02-16-2014, 01:02 AM
My vote for Eastern Europe.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:02 AM
My vote for Eastern Europe.

Hmm thats the only one you think?

Sharkeatpeople
02-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Hmm thats the only one you think?

this is where you fit best.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:05 AM
this is where you fit best.

I did not want were i fit best, just were i would fit

Sharkeatpeople
02-16-2014, 01:06 AM
I did not want were i fit best, just were i would fit

+Balkans.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:07 AM
+Balkans.

Thanks, i should have been more specific in OP.

Mortimer
02-16-2014, 01:07 AM
i voted all options. i think you would pass anywhere, but for some reason i think you look very jewish.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:09 AM
i voted all options. i think you would pass anywhere, but for some reason i think you look very jewish.

Its probably because my ethnicity says Sefardi.. I think i give a little "Jewish" vibe but not a big one. Ive been told i look Ashkenazi though

Mortimer
02-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Its probably because my ethnicity says Sefardi.. I think i give a little "Jewish" vibe but not a big one. Ive been told i look Ashkenazi though

true, if i didnt know you are jewish i wouldnt know it of course, but knowing that you are jewish it makes somehow sense to me, you give me that vibe especially first pic with the glasses and that hair cut etc. you just lacked the kippah lol
i voted all options because i think you could fit in any of those places

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:18 AM
true, if i didnt know you are jewish i wouldnt know it of course, but knowing that you are jewish it makes somehow sense to me, you give me that vibe especially first pic with the glasses and that hair cut etc. you just lacked the kippah lol
i voted all options because i think you could fit in any of those places

Thanks for your vote, i think i may have helped you on the Sefardi thread on 23andme.

Yaroslav
02-16-2014, 01:33 AM
this photo's been taken down
by a helpful handsome mod
so turn that frown upside down
and do kindly call me God
Quoting photos is a pain
and against a forum rule
please do not do it again
thank you in advance bro :cool:

Select all places i can fit, not where i fit best.

In hell, you Christ-denying God-slayer. Please abjure your false religion of Talmudic Judaism and come into the true successor of the Old Covenant Judaism: the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church; outside of which there is neither salvation nor remission of sins.

http://www.johnthebaptist.us/

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:34 AM
In hell, you Christ-denying God-slayer. Please abjure your false religion of Talmudic Judaism and come into the true successor of the Old Covenant Judaism: the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church; outside of which there are neither salvation nor remission of sins.

so that the "i am lying to myself by picking none" option?

Yaroslav
02-16-2014, 01:37 AM
so that the "i am lying to myself by picking none" option?

All options, but I am not carnal and am more concerned with your immortal soul than your mortal flesh.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:38 AM
All options, but I am not carnal and am more concerned with your immortal soul.

then vote all options

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 01:38 AM
I voted a few options without thinking too much. But always remember this passing stuff is completely meaningless, and that our home will always be Eretz Israel.

Proctor
02-16-2014, 01:39 AM
In hell, you Christ-denying God-slayer. Please abjure your false religion of Talmudic Judaism and come into the true successor of the Old Covenant Judaism: the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church; outside of which there are neither salvation nor remission of sins.

These mothafuckas need jesus

Yaroslav
02-16-2014, 01:39 AM
then vote all options

Alright, Yehudi rasha.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:41 AM
I voted a few options without thinking too much. But always remember this passing stuff is completely meaningless, and that our home will always be Eretz Israel.

?כן. אתה יהודי

Yaroslav
02-16-2014, 01:44 AM
?כן. אתה יהודי

Ani dover 'Ivrit lo tovah.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Alright, Yehudi rasha.

! תודה רבה

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 01:46 AM
?כן. אתה יהודי

יא, איך בין. איך בין ניט אַ זייער רעליגיעז מענטש, אַזוי געוויינטלעך מיין העברעיש איז ניט מער קאָמפּליצירט ווי אַ ביסל תפילה. אָבער איך רעדן ייִדיש.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Ani dover 'Ivrit lo tovah.

ahh i see, i asked if he was Jewish.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:48 AM
יא, איך בין. איך בין ניט אַ זייער רעליגיעז מענטש, אַזוי געוויינטלעך מיין העברעיש איז ניט מער קאָמפּליצירט ווי אַ ביסל תפילה. אָבער איך רעדן ייִדיש.

Ahh okay, you learned it from the house i guess? I am not to good with Hebrew either.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 01:48 AM

Is that Yiddish? Because I can read Hebrew script and the first part says 'Ja, ich bin.'

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Is that Yiddish? Because I can read Hebrew script and the first part says 'Ja, ich bin.'

Yeah it is

Yaroslav
02-16-2014, 01:50 AM
ahh i see, i asked if he was Jewish.

Ken, yada ki Ivrit asher dover.

Ani dover lo rav haha

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Yeah it is

Cool. My grandmother speaks Yiddish, not as a first language though. Maybe she doesn't speak it anymore - I've never heard her speak in it. My grandfather's first language is German though and it seems close enough for me to understand a bit of Yiddish.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Cool. My grandmother speaks Yiddish, not as a first language though. Maybe she doesn't speak it anymore - I've never heard her speak in it. My grandfather's first language is German though and it seems close enough for me to understand a bit of Yiddish.

I wish the Sefardi hung onto Ladino like the Ashkenazi hung onto Yiddish.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 01:55 AM
I wish the Sefardi hung onto Ladino like the Ashkenazi hung onto Yiddish.

No avlas el Djudeszmo?

Screw 'em. They're just weird versions of Spanish and German. Learn those, instead.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:00 AM
No avlas el Djudeszmo?

Screw 'em. They're just weird versions of Spanish and German. Learn those, instead.

Ladino is a beautiful language though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeNrC_2_ww

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Ladino is a beautiful language though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeNrC_2_ww

Yeah, but it's basically Spanish. Regulated by la Autoridad Nasionala del Ladino. Or, in Spanish, la Autoridad Nacional del Ladino (with a soft 'c,' so the only phonetic difference is the gender-specific 'a' at the end of 'Nasionala'). Just learn Spanish, then you can pick up Judaeo-Spanish (the English term for 'Ladino,' should tell you how closely they're related) in about a day.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Yeah, but it's basically Spanish. Regulated by la Autoridad Nasionala del Ladino. Or, in Spanish, la Autoridad Nacional del Ladino (with a soft 'c,' so the only phonetic difference is the gender-specific 'a' at the end of 'Nasionala'). Just learn Spanish, then you can pick up Judaeo-Spanish (the English term for 'Ladino,' should tell you how closely they're related) in about a day.

Tbh im not really interested in Ladino, it would be cool to learn but there isnt really a need for it anymore now that Hebrew has been revived.. Thats why it has been forgotten and Yiddish is on its way out to

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Tbh im not really interested in Ladino, it would be cool to learn but there isnt really a need for it anymore now that Hebrew has been revived.. Thats why it has been forgotten and Yiddish is on its way out to

Y'all should just speak English.

Yiddish will be kept for centuries by the Ultra-Orthodox. To be honest I'd rather speak Yiddish than Hebrew, as it lends itself so easily to German.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Y'all should just speak English.

Yiddish will be kept for centuries by the Ultra-Orthodox. To be honest I'd rather speak Yiddish than Hebrew, as it lends itself so easily to German.

Why would we learn English? Well almost all of Israel does speak English but the Haredim (ultra-orthodox) dont speak Yiddish, they speak a language influenced by it.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Why would we learn English? Well almost all of Israel does speak English but the Haredim (ultra-orthodox) dont speak Yiddish, they speak a language influenced by it.

They speak an Israeli dialect of Yiddish.

Everyone should learn English. All your languages are useless. English is the way of the future, and of the present.

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 02:14 AM
In my opinion Hebrew works good for Israel because it's a neutral point. Making Yiddish official would put favoritism to Ashkenazis, while Ladino would favor Sephardies, Arabic would favor Mizrahis, etc... But I would like Hebrew to be further purified in lexical terms and phonetics. The Indo-European influence can become unbearable at times.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:15 AM

Everyone should learn English. All your languages are useless. English is the way of the future, and of the present.

No that is not right. Our language is very important to us and we wont just ditch for English. We should have our own languages native to our own culture.

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 02:16 AM

If we want, we can disappear English.

Yehiel
In my opinion Hebrew works good for Israel because it's a neutral point. Making Yiddish official would put favoritism to Ashkenazis, while Ladino would favor Sephardies, Arabic would favor Mizrahis, etc... But I would like Hebrew to be further purified in lexical terms and phonetics. The Indo-European influence can become unbearable at times.

The indo-european influence is only with modern words such as telephone, computer etc

Longbowman
No that is not right. Our language is very important to us and we wont just ditch for English. We should have our own languages native to our own culture.

You're half-British, aren't you? See English as your own language ;)

Ultimately English will doubtless absorb all other languages. Linguistic imperialism is the term.

Longbowman
If we want, we can disappear English.

:laugh:

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 02:17 AM
The indo-european influence is only with modern words such as telephone, computer etc

The phonetics are not like Semitic languages should be. Too open vowels, etc.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:17 AM
You're half-British, aren't you? See English as your own language ;)

Ultimately English will doubtless absorb all other languages. Linguistic imperialism is the term.

Yeah im half english but from a cultural aspect im far from it.. And not really, you should thank America for the spread of English lol

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:18 AM
The phonetics are not like Semitic languages should be. Too open vowels, etc.

What? Hebrew is more specifically a Canaanite language.. Canaanite languages although Semitic are pretty different from the other Semitic languages in my opinion, but im not a scholar in linguistics so i dont even know what your talking about lol

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Yeah im half english but from a cultural aspect im far from it.. And not really, you should thank America for the spread of English lol

You can thank Jews for the spread of English. English is only imperial and universal because we want it to be. If this didn't serve any purpose to us, it would just be another meaningless language such as Afrikaans, Zulu, Korean, etc..

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:19 AM

Well, I'm half-American ;) but of course all English directly or indirectly leads to England.

However, the spread of English as a second language is influenced by America; as a first language, it's down to Britain, our Commonwealth, and our Overseas Territories and Dependencies, of course.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:22 AM
Well, I'm half-American ;) but of course all English directly or indirectly leads to England.

However, the spread of English as a second language is influenced by America; as a first language, it's down to Britain, our Commonwealth, and our Overseas Territories and Dependencies, of course.

Yeah but as a first language where is it big time? no where, just is your tiny territories. But im not to crazy about America so im gonna stop here

Hierarchalist
Shalom

Longbowman
You can thank Jews for the spread of English. English is only imperial and universal because we want it to be. If this didn't serve any purpose to us, it would just be another meaningless language such as Afrikaans, Zulu, Korean, etc..

I am going to tell Portusaus I have found a Jew who believes in the Jewish Global Conspiracy theory.

Or, more accurately, I will tell him I have found a troll.

Anyhow, English is the native language of more Jews than is Hebrew - and the Jews that speak Hebrew are the poorer ones, tends to be.

English is the language of power and commerce.

Yehiel
Shalom

shalom. Ma koreh?

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:23 AM
Yeah but as a first language where is it big time? no where, just is your tiny territories. But im not to crazy about America so im gonna stop here

Um, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Jamaica, the UK, Ireland, the US, Guyana, Cyprus, Malta, Singapore - here's a Wikipedia article. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language)

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_English_is_an_official_lan guage#Sovereign_states
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglosphere
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_in_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:24 AM
I am going to tell Portusaus I have found a Jew who believes in the Jewish Global Conspiracy theory.

Anyhow, English is the native language of more Jews than is Hebrew - and the Jews that speak Hebrew are the poorer ones, tends to be.

Every Jew in Israel speaks Hebrew. Maybe in America thats how it is, the only reason Jews in Israel speak English as a second language is because of the strong ties with America Israel has

Emmanuel Goldstein
02-16-2014, 02:25 AM

True Hebrew is the language of god. Do you seriously believe nations such as Great Britain or the USA would have been able to get this far if it wasn't by us? These nations have helped us and our cause greatly so this dominance they have now is our way of showing them our gratitude. If this were to change, we could reduce English and its history to only a mere relic of history that only would appear in very old books.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:25 AM
Every Jew in Israel speaks Hebrew. Maybe in America thats how it is, the only reason Jews in Israel speak English as a second language is because of the strong ties with America Israel has

You speak English for the same reason the Norwegians and Guineans and Koreans do: because successful people speak English.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:26 AM
Um, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Jamaica, the UK, Ireland, the US, Guyana, Cyprus, Malta, Singapore - here's a Wikipedia article. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language)

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_English_is_an_official_lan guage#Sovereign_states
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglosphere
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_in_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Were it is spoken by a majority, from your wiki page.

http://i.imgur.com/Twswc7e.png

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:26 AM
True Hebrew is the language of god. Do you seriously believe nations such as Great Britain or the USA would have been able to get this far if it wasn't by us? These nations have helped us and our cause greatly so this dominance they have now is our way to showing them our gratitude. If this were to change, we could reduce English and its history to only a mere relic of history that only would appear in very old books.

Dude, if there were a global Jewish conspiracy, I'd know about it.

Keep this up and you'll get a ban, my good Gentile.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:27 AM
You speak English for the same reason the Norwegians and Guineans and Koreans do: because successful people speak English.

Not true at all.. If it wasnt for Americas wide spread ties with almost every country on earth it would barely be spoken,

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Were it is spoken by a majority, from your wiki page.

http://i.imgur.com/Twswc7e.png

Where*

Yes, as a first language. Although it's not complete, countries like Guyana, Belize and others should be included. Just read the whole articles, will you.

Basically for every native Hebrew speaker, there are 100 native English speakers. For every total Hebrew speaker, there are 200-300 English speakers.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Where*

Yes, as a first language. Although it's not complete, countries like Guyana, Belize and others should be included. Just read the whole articles, will you.

Basically for every native Hebrew speaker, there are 100 native English speakers. For every total Hebrew speaker, there are 200-300 English speakers.

So? It doesnt mean Hebrew needs to be replaced with English.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Not true at all.. If it wasnt for Americas wide spread ties with almost every country on earth it would barely be spoken,

I'm flattered, but no. Look at other lingue franche, like French, for example. French is spoken by people with a cultural connection to France, like English is to England, or indirectly, through America, but as a second language, it's spoken by people with an economic connection to France. English is spoken as a second language by people with any kind of economic interest because it's the language of commerce. Otherwise, why would more Norwegians speak English than Israelis do? 88% of Dutch people speak English fluently. I've been, it's fantastic. English is the world's auxiliary language.

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 02:30 AM
So? It doesnt mean Hebrew needs to be replaced with English.

Yeah, I know, I'm just playing with you ;)

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I know, I'm just playing with you ;)

Good, because i actually took offense to that

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 03:05 AM
bump

Longbowman
02-16-2014, 03:07 AM
Good, because i actually took offense to that

http://therealkenpatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/im-sorry.jpg

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 03:09 AM
http://therealkenpatterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/im-sorry.jpg

:laugh2:

StonyArabia
02-16-2014, 03:12 AM
I think you can pass as pan-European to be honest.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 03:14 AM
I think you can pass as pan-European to be honest.

Ehh i wouldnt say Pan-European i think i can pass in all places besides Scandinavia. I think i could pass in Southernmost Europe in some regions though.

Maleficent
02-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Voted for North & Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and Jewish Diaspora.

oh-nahhh
02-16-2014, 05:06 AM
Voted No.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Voted for North & Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and Jewish Diaspora.

thank you

Smeagol
02-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Central, and Eastern Europe.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Central, and Eastern Europe.

Anywhere else? make sure to vote.

oblivion
02-16-2014, 04:06 PM
I see the Jewish in you so Jewish diaspora, north and central europe and eastern europe. Your eyes give off jewish vibe.

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 04:13 PM
I see the Jewish in you so Jewish diaspora, north and central europe and eastern europe. Your eyes give off jewish vibe.

Thanks for the votes. A lot have told me that about my eyes.

Ianus
02-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Central and Eastern Europe

Kalimtari
02-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Eastern and Central Europe + some parts of Balkans.

btw,

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-l-chaim-on-2.png

:D

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Eastern and Central Europe + some parts of Balkans.

btw,

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-l-chaim-on-2.png

:D

Where in the parts of balkans do you think i pass?

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 11:22 PM
bump

Ratatouille
02-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Iberia because of this

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/health/05iht-05genes.18425407.html?_r=0

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Iberia because of this

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/health/05iht-05genes.18425407.html?_r=0

Make sure to vote on all the areas you think i fit

Ratatouille
02-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Make sure to vote on all the areas you think i fit

I cant since for some reason you excluded Spain

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 11:27 PM
I cant since for some reason you excluded Spain

Spain is under southern europe, choose all that apply.

Ratatouille
02-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Spain is under southern europe, choose all that apply.

It says excluding Greece(but you still have a separate choice for them anyway), Spain, Central/Northern Italy, South France

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 11:30 PM
It says excluding Greece(but you still have a separate choice for them anyway), Spain, Central/Northern Italy, South France

You dont see spain?

ahh i see you thought i meant excluding spain, noo i meant excluding Greece from the Balkans

Yehiel
02-16-2014, 11:43 PM
bump

Maleficent
02-17-2014, 12:03 AM
thank you

You're welcome.

Yehiel
02-17-2014, 12:11 AM
You're welcome.

dont forget to comment on my latest Israel thread :)

Kalimtari
02-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Where in the parts of balkans do you think i pass?

Vojvodina and parts of Slavonia

Yehiel
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?115433-What-am-i-on-the-von-luchscan-scale/page2

Nurzat
02-17-2014, 03:40 PM
i think you look quite pan-northcentral european

kevvoo
02-17-2014, 03:47 PM
North & Central Europe.

Yehiel
02-18-2014, 06:58 PM
bump

Yehiel
03-02-2014, 12:51 PM
bump