PDA

View Full Version : My grandfather's Ancestry Composition

Sehnsucht
02-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Standard:

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/german24/KarlWittenbergStandardview_zpse446bef8.png

Speculative:

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/german24/KarlWittenbergSpeculativeview_zpsc02fd5f9.png

CordedWhelp
02-17-2014, 02:50 AM
That sounds like a German surname and genetically seems feasible you are.

So sup with this whole "I'm not German afterall" thing?

Sehnsucht
03-22-2014, 02:19 AM
So sup with this whole "I'm not German afterall" thing?

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/german24/Karl_Wittenberg_Full_20140213211020BGA1_zpscf91ea8 3.png

Sehnsucht
10-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Here is his result from Ancestry.DNA

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/german24/KarlWittenberg_zps6b44bbd1.png

Mortimer
10-05-2014, 05:43 AM
congrats. he is a german that makes you a quarter german more then you complained you are not.

Anglojew
10-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Is the ME chromosomal result normal in Germans?

Sehnsucht
10-05-2014, 04:17 PM
congrats. he is a german that makes you a quarter german more then you complained you are not.

Yes and no.

He is half German, but only if his German side is not Jewish so that would make me 1/8 German. But I have another 1/8 German coming from my great grandfather on my mother's side so then I would be 1/4 German.

Linebacker
10-05-2014, 05:03 PM
What are his haplogroups?

You're leaving out the most important thing.

Xanthias
10-05-2014, 05:22 PM
OMG I am falling apart from my chair. You changed your username to Sehnsucht ? http://************.com/images/smilies/troll.png

There is a big "Nonspecified Northern European" that's all I can say, but in speculative you seem to be at least 1/2 of northern origin (90% pred germanic)

anyway, If you want the correct sentence for your signature, it's "Ich brauche eine Freundin sonst werde Ich sterben" don't thank me for this

Longbowman
10-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes and no.

He is half German, but only if his German side is not Jewish so that would make me 1/8 German. But I have another 1/8 German coming from my great grandfather on my mother's side so then I would be 1/4 German.

You just proved he's not Jewish. Not even 0.1% AJ. You're 25% German, minimum. Well done.

Sehnsucht
12-14-2014, 12:18 AM
You just proved he's not Jewish. Not even 0.1% AJ. You're 25% German, minimum. Well done.

He gets high south asian on other calculators

acbrasil
12-15-2014, 07:26 PM
The fun part is finding matches to people, and finding the link. Please please, if there is a way to add ancestral names to your account, please do it.
I'm stuck now because most of my (American) matches tend to focus on 1 side of their family. The get it into their head that my family was "Irish" and they forget about the other matches. A little frustrating.

It's funny you want to be German so much/like German. I have records going back to the early 1800s. Same thing for the Dutch tree. But you know what-- they want give me a damn thing for it. They'd rather have an Arab or an African marry a German woman and then get a passport after a few years.

Italian descent has to be the most practical. If you can prove it, you can get the passport. They don't even care if you speak the language. Hungary is doing something similar but there is a language requirement. Same with Portugal. I've already done one citizenship-language test. Even to have a decent conversation, you have to speak quite a bit of the language. I'd love to get the Portuguese passport, but one of their first questions is: Have you ever served in any foreign military? Gulp..

Even if you are doing it to be classified as German-American. Congratulations.
Our numbers are disappearing.... unfortunately.

Longbowman
12-15-2014, 08:33 PM
The fun part is finding matches to people, and finding the link. Please please, if there is a way to add ancestral names to your account, please do it.
I'm stuck now because most of my (American) matches tend to focus on 1 side of their family. The get it into their head that my family was "Irish" and they forget about the other matches. A little frustrating.

It's funny you want to be German so much/like German. I have records going back to the early 1800s. Same thing for the Dutch tree. But you know what-- they want give me a damn thing for it. They'd rather have an Arab or an African marry a German woman and then get a passport after a few years.

Italian descent has to be the most practical. If you can prove it, you can get the passport. They don't even care if you speak the language. Hungary is doing something similar but there is a language requirement. Same with Portugal. I've already done one citizenship-language test. Even to have a decent conversation, you have to speak quite a bit of the language. I'd love to get the Portuguese passport, but one of their first questions is: Have you ever served in any foreign military? Gulp..

Even if you are doing it to be classified as German-American. Congratulations.
Our numbers are disappearing.... unfortunately.

Probably most practical to have Jewish ancestry, if you want in on Israel.

acbrasil
12-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Probably most practical to have Jewish ancestry, if you want in on Israel.

Dude, troll all you want to.
Ashkenzai Jew = 100% Italy.. hahahhahahahahahh
Israel is another story.

Longbowman
12-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Dude, troll all you want to.
Ashkenzai Jew = 100% Italy.. hahahhahahahahahh
Israel is another story.

100%? No. But yes, probably more Italian or Southern European than anything else. But all I'm saying is: Jewish ancestry from whatever Jewish group will get you a ticket to Israel.

Ades
12-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Results look German, probably east-German.

He is supposed to be half-German, you say. What is his other half?

Oneeye
12-16-2014, 01:50 AM
go to the countryside, and find you a good German American farm girl, and make mani mani uberkraut bebes

LightHouse89
12-16-2014, 02:43 AM
go to the countryside, and find you a good German American farm girl, and make mani mani uberkraut bebes

I want a Nordo-Mutt like myself. However a woman with Nordophile tendencies. :thumb001:

Cody Gearhart
12-16-2014, 03:18 AM
what does Nonspecified Northern European actually mean?

Highlands
12-16-2014, 04:02 AM
Lol I thought you were a troll account but congrats. what about haplogroups? :)

Oneeye
12-16-2014, 04:06 AM
I thought you were part Scandinavian, Hesse?

Sehnsucht
12-16-2014, 04:35 AM
Results look German, probably east-German.

He is supposed to be half-German, you say. What is his other half?

French