PDA

View Full Version : Ramallah on verge of becoming tech hub for Arab world

Yehiel
02-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Now this is what I like to see. If only Palestine can rid itself of all the jihadist it has amazing potential.

A good read

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ramallah-on-verge-of-becoming-tech-hub-for-Arab-world-341926

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Sadly backwardness is engrained into "Palestinians".

Acquisitor
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Sadly backwardness is engrained into "Palestinians".

I wonder how islamic they are, I think they could become one of the first arab nations to get rid of that thing called islam.

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
I wonder how islamic they are, I think they could become one of the first arab nations to get rid of that thing called islam.
Palestinians are overwhelmingly fanatical, and tribalistic. They facilitated the pan Arabist movement.

Acquisitor
03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Palestinians are overwhelmingly fanatical, and tribalistic. They facilitated the pan Arabist movement.

are you sure about their strong faith ?

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:15 PM
are you sure about their strong faith ?
They voted in an Islamist party, besides ask them to leave the Al Aqsa mosque. It often manifests as tribalism.

Anglojew
03-05-2014, 10:20 PM

Pan-Arabism is the opposite of tribalism but I understand what you mean. Don't forget Palestinian nationalism, by definition, is not pan-Arabist.

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Pan-Arabism is the opposite of tribalism but I understand what you mean. Don't forget Palestinian nationalism, by definition, is not pan-Arabist.
http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/dr-mordechai-kedar/mordechai-kedar-tribalism-in-the-middle-east-the-real-thing/2012/02/28/

Acquisitor
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM
They voted in an Islamist party

doesn't mean anything. it could be a result of rigged elections, or lack of credible alternatives

besides ask them to leave the Al Aqsa mosque.

doesn't mean anything either. It could simply be a target which they keep whining about without caring for it. don"t forget, its a jewish state which they are fighting against and/or trying to negotiate with. Taking as much as possible including Jerusalem with key touristic areas is a good idea.

I have this illusion that Islam has become quite decomposed in Palestine, especially considering that it lacks a pro islamic government.

Anglojew
03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
They voted in an Islamist party, besides ask them to leave the Al Aqsa mosque. It often manifests as tribalism.

They're products of their environment. They receive relentless propaganda from their leaders, media and education (all the same thing as they're all controlled by a few families). This has lead to a death-cult mentality glorifying murderers. It's sad. We need to help introduce other choices for them and "(re)Israelise" them.

Anglojew
03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/analysis/dr-mordechai-kedar/mordechai-kedar-tribalism-in-the-middle-east-the-real-thing/2012/02/28/

I really admire Kedar. Pan-Arabism has failed.

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:29 PM
doesn't mean anything. it could be a result of rigged elections, or lack of credible alternatives

doesn't mean anything either. It could simply be a target which they keep whining about without caring for it. don"t forget, its a jewish state which they are fighting against and/or trying to negotiate with. Taking as much as possible including Jerusalem with key touristic areas is a good idea.

I have this illusion that Islam has become quite decomposed in Palestine, especially considering that it lacks a pro islamic government.
International observers deemed it a fair election. Islam is only one reason why they're backwards. Tribalism in the form of pan Arab unity has prevented them from moving on and making peace. They're keen to defend the "wattan"

Kuvayi_Milliye
03-05-2014, 10:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/guP3Yto.jpg

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I have changed my stance on the "Israeli"-Palestinian conflict after monitoring "Israel" behavior the last couple months. I am not pro-Israeli and not anti-Israeli either.

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Palestinians are muslims but they are not hardcore muslim, i believe Abbas said a future palestinian state would be secular, but thats only Judah & Shomron, who knows about Gaza

7eleven
03-05-2014, 10:43 PM
tech hub aka suicide bomb factory

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:45 PM
tech hub aka suicide bomb factory
But aren't Palestinians Israelite ? :rolleyes:

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:46 PM
But aren't Palestinians Israelite ? :rolleyes:

70%

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
70%
I've seen studies disputing that.

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
I've seen studies disputing that.

Depends what populations, if there were from Gaza then of course they are gonna be all over the place but places like Bethlehem, Nablus etc it would be different. But then again there is no way you can detect african ancestry

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Depends what populations, if there were from Gaza then of course they are gonna be all over the place but places like Bethlehem, Nablus etc it would be different. But then again there is no way you can detect african ancestry
Most are arabians with marginal Levantine ancestry

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Most are arabians with marginal Levantine ancestry

I find that hard to believe, dna test have them only at 20% SWA , sefardis are at 16%

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:54 PM
I find that hard to believe, dna test have them only at 20% SWA , sefardis are at 16%
A study by the University of Chicago found that Arab populations, including Palestinians, Jordanians, Syrians, Iraqis, and Bedouin, have at least some sub-Saharan African genes. Non-Arabs from the region, including Turks, Kurds, Armenians, Azeris, Georgians, and Jews did not have any African roots. [1] A possible explanation is the proximity of the Arabian peninsula to the Black African nations. This conclusion is favored by the fact that Yemenite Arabs have 35% Black African genes in their mtDNA (which passes through the mother), while others have less. Yemen, of course, is very close geographically to several Black African nations. Other Arabs, especially those far away from the Arabian peninsula, have as little as 10% African blood in their mtDNA. As such, it is possible that the African gene was merely diluted by the introduction of non-Arab (and non-African) genes to the pool when Arabs began to conquer other Middle East people after the rise of Islam. The "real" Arabs -- those who have Arab ancestors stretching beyond the last 1,400 years – are actually 35% Black in their mtDNA. These Arabs are from the Arabian peninsula.[2]

Other populations that are now called ‘Arabs’ became Arabized through intermarriage and adoption of the Arabic language and culture. These people are partially Arab and partially descendants of the nations that lived in their region prior to the rise of the Muslim faith. Just as their "Arab gene" was diluted by mixing with local genes, so too the 35% of the mtDNA that is Black African was diluted and reduced to around 10%.

The reduction of the Black genes from 35% to around 10% also suggests that the large majority (around 70%) of genes belonging to the Arabs outside the Arabian peninsula come from the local nations. The claim is supported by the historical fact that the original Arab population was relatively small and could not have populated a region stretching from Iraq to Morocco with such density, no matter the birthrate (and, in any event, where did the original populations go?). Both historically and genetically, it is almost definite that the Arab population intermarried with locals, including Palestinians, upon their conquest.

Palestinians, however, differ from other Arabs in some ways. As the web site for Harper’s Magazine reported, one study showed that Jews and Palestinians have common ancestry that is so recent that it is highly likely that at least some of the Palestinian blood actually descends from Jews. [3] Another study by New York University confirmed a remarkable similarity between Jewish and Palestinian genes. "Jews and Arabs are all really children of Abraham," said Dr. Harry Ostrer, director of the Human Genetics Program at New York University School of Medicine, who worked on the study. "And all have preserved their Middle Eastern genetic roots over 4,000 years. [4]

According to several other studies, Palestinians and Jews are genetically closer to each other than either is to the Arabs of Arabia or to Europeans [5]. A study of congenital deafness identified an allele limited to Palestinian and Jews of Ashkenazi origin (those who lived in Europe in recent centuries), suggesting a common origin. Furthermore, Y-chromosome polymorphism is very similar among Palestinians and Sephardic Jews. [6]. While current studies show a lot of similarities and genetic closeness may be used to confirm claims of both sides to Israel/Palesitne, but right now, results are incomplete and are subject to much interpretation. [7] The above statements are based on the currently available information, but may be questioned by future studies.

There is a significant Christian population among Palestinian Arabs, leading some to claim that at least part of the Palestinian population (the Christians) descended from the original followers of Christ, who were, of course, Jews (they were Jews ethnically, even if they didn't follow Judaism). Despite extensive research, I have not been able to find any scientific studies supporting this claim.

Furthermore, the fact that there is joint heritage of 2,000-3,000 years ago does not mean that new genes were not introduced into the Palestinian genetic pool. For one, genes from the Arabian peninsula were introduced after the spread of Islam. As part of the Arabian genes, African genes were introduced, as described above.

Several studies have shown that Palestinians have a larger than usual (among Arabs) European blood. This may be explained by the Crusades and the establishment of a Crusader Kingdom in medieval times. It is highly likely that at least some percentage of the Palestinian population mixed with Europeans, either through intermarriage or rape of Arab women by Europeans, as well as European women by Arabs. Additionally, cities with significant Palestinian populations, including Bethlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem, are sites of many Christian holy landmarks, which draw a large number of European tourists. This, too, may have played a role in the disproportionate amount of European genes found among Palestinians.

In more recent times, among Palestinian Muslims, there is a significant number of people who are recent immigrants from other Arab states. Official records of the Ottoman Empire (colonial power until WWI) and Britain (colonial power from the 1920's to 1948) show that there was very significant Islamic immigration into holy land. In some years, there were more Muslim new-comers than Jewish.
SOURCES

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 10:56 PM
fff
SOURCES

From your study:

Palestinians, however, differ from other Arabs in some ways. As the web site for Harper’s Magazine reported, one study showed that Jews and Palestinians have common ancestry that is so recent that it is highly likely that at least some of the Palestinian blood actually descends from Jews. [3] Another study by New York University confirmed a remarkable similarity between Jewish and Palestinian genes. "Jews and Arabs are all really children of Abraham," said Dr. Harry Ostrer, director of the Human Genetics Program at New York University School of Medicine, who worked on the study. "And all have preserved their Middle Eastern genetic roots over 4,000 years. [4]

According to several other studies, Palestinians and Jews are genetically closer to each other than either is to the Arabs of Arabia or to Europeans [5]. A study of congenital deafness identified an allele limited to Palestinian and Jews of Ashkenazi origin (those who lived in Europe in recent centuries), suggesting a common origin. Furthermore, Y-chromosome polymorphism is very similar among Palestinians and Sephardic Jews. [6]. While current studies show a lot of similarities and genetic closeness may be used to confirm claims of both sides to Israel/Palesitne, but right now, results are incomplete and are subject to much interpretation. [7] The above statements are based on the currently available information, but may be questioned by future studies.

Smeagol
03-05-2014, 10:57 PM

And like 15% black africoon.

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 10:57 PM
From your study:

Jews are even closer to Sicilians.

Smeagol
03-05-2014, 10:59 PM
From your study:

Actually, modern studies have found Palestinians to be far away from Jews, and closer to southern Egyptians than anyone else.

Anglojew
03-05-2014, 11:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/guP3Yto.jpg

Bullshit map. The opposite of the truth. This is the reality;

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q47OlUXEXKE/Te5Me0omYrI/AAAAAAAAESs/x8mq3rk7DJ8/s1600/land+for+peace.jpg

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:01 PM
And like 15% black africoon.

Have not seen one study that suports this.

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Actually, modern studies have found Palestinians to be far away from Jews, and closer to southern Egyptians than anyone else.

Im not agreeing with the study, im just saying his study goes more with what i say then what he says.

Smeagol
Have not seen one study that suports this.

Well it's true. They look like sudanese.

Yehiel
Jews are even closer to Sicilians.

Which proves your study is bull crap

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Well it's true. They look like sudanese.

No they dont

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Which proves your study is bull crap
How? It proves Palestinians aren't close to Jews.

Smeagol
03-05-2014, 11:04 PM
No they dont

Average Palestinian:
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216761_159963617396447_5638867_n.jpg

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:05 PM
How? It proves Palestinians aren't close to Jews.

It says that they are closer to Jews

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Average Palestinian:
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216761_159963617396447_5638867_n.jpg

Look at all the sudanese in this picture:
http://i.imgur.com/auUFvJJ.jpg

YeshAtid
03-05-2014, 11:08 PM
It says that they are closer to Jews
Italians are.

Yehiel
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Italians are.

I know but there is no denying that we share ancestry, maybe im one of the few but so far I have 2 Pali cousins on 23andme and Faeryqueen (im related to her father)

Yehiel
03-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Peace talks are about to fail.

Kuvayi_Milliye
03-06-2014, 12:35 AM
Zionist doctrine defines Jews as a race Lol.

Maleficent
05-28-2014, 10:03 PM
By the Grace of God may Ramallah be one day restored to its formerly 100% Christian demographics. :)

Yehiel
05-28-2014, 10:05 PM
By the Grace of God may Ramallah be one day restored to its formerly 100% Christian demographics. :)

I doubt it lol if Palestine become a state (with open borders) it will (most likely) be jihadist central

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Now this is what I like to see. If only Palestine can rid itself of all the jihadist it has amazing potential.

A good read

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ramallah-on-verge-of-becoming-tech-hub-for-Arab-world-341926
My mother facebooked me 25 minutes ago from Ramallah. She is in Israel/Palestine doing a Christian mission. She is going to Jerusalem tomorrow. She'll be there for another week, then she's coming back to the states.

Yehiel
05-28-2014, 10:15 PM
My mother facebooked me 25 minutes ago from Ramallah. She is in Israel/Palestine doing a Christian mission. She is going to Jerusalem tomorrow. She'll be there for another week, then she's coming back to the states.

This might be asking a lot but you should start a thread of her experiences when she gets back

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 10:20 PM
This might be asking a lot but you should start a thread of her experiences when she gets back
You want to hear something funny? She told me the American embassy in Israel is completely made up of Israelis. There were no Americans in the embassy. I'm sure there were a few somewhere, but she told me they were scarce at the embassy. I was like wft??? I thought it was the AMERICAN embassy. Crazy stuff. Yeah, I might make a thread about her experiences there. She goes to Israel/Palestine a couple times a year for Christian activities.

Yehiel
05-28-2014, 10:37 PM
You want to hear something funny? She told me the American embassy in Israel is completely made up of Israelis. There were no Americans in the embassy. I'm sure there were a few somewhere, but she told me they were scarce at the embassy. I was like wft??? I thought it was the AMERICAN embassy. Crazy stuff. Yeah, I might make a thread about her experiences there. She goes to Israel/Palestine a couple times a year for Christian activities.

They were probably Israeli-Americans

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 10:43 PM
They were probably Israeli-Americans
No, I asked this. She said they had Israeli accents, not American accents. She said they were speaking Hebrew among them. I swear to you she told me this. She frequents the American Embassy in Israel several times a year. She said there were a few Americans here or there, but were scarce and the Americans were Jewish Americans. But she told me they were a minority, most there were Israelis.

Maleficent
05-28-2014, 10:46 PM

Good luck to her and God bless her. She's seems like a kind woman. Does she get to meet with a lot of the local Christian community?

Yehiel
05-28-2014, 10:46 PM
No, I asked this. She said they had Israeli accents, not American accents. She said they were speaking Hebrew among them. I swear to you she told me this. She frequents the American Embassy in Israel several times a year. She said there were a few Americans here or there, but were scarce and the Americans were Jewish Americans. But she told me they were a minority, most there were Israelis.

interesting

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Good luck to her and God bless her. She's seems like a kind woman. Does she get to meet with a lot of the local Christian community?
Yes, my mother is good hearted. When she's there, she's mostly around Christians, most whom are Palestinian, but some are Jews converted to Christianity. She visits many Christian towns and towns with sizable Christian populations. But she does not only limit herself to that. She visits both Islamic and Jewish towns, but represented as a Christian. She does this several times a year for decades.

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 11:01 PM
interesting
That's what I said. I was like wow, that's crazy. She's like "I know".

Maleficent
05-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes, my mother is good hearted. When she's there, she's mostly around Christians, most whom are Palestinian, but some are Jews converted to Christianity. She visits many Christian towns and towns with sizable Christian populations. But she does not only limit herself to that. She visits both Islamic and Jewish towns, but represented as a Christian. She does this several times a year for decades.

So I take she's doing a lot of charity work with the local Christian community?

Has she personally ever converted any Muslims and Jews there in the Holy Land during all her ventures over the years?

Isleņo
05-28-2014, 11:06 PM
So I take she's doing a lot of charity work with the local Christian community?

Has she personally ever converted any Muslims and Jews there in the Holy Land during all her ventures over the years?
Yes, she works closely with local Christians and non-local Chritians alike. She has converted many Jews and Muslims to Christianity. She has been doing this for decades, since I was a small boy. Spreading the word.