PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we should divide the Latin America subforum into country sections?

Kazimiera
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Do you think we should divide this forum into country sections like Mexico has its own subsection, Argentina, Brazil, Dominican Republic?

At the moment it is a jumble of threads from all sorts of countries mixed together.

What is your opinion?

Mortimer
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
indifferent, i think if there are enough users from a country then sure why not. most hispanics here are mexicans so mexico should be definitely there

Proctor
02-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Same as Gigolo.

Brighton
02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
You should create two sections:

Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean (Mexicans, Central Americans, Caribbeans, Colombians/Venezuelans.. who are basically Caribbeans)

Southern Cone (Brazilians, Argentineans, Chileans and Uruguayans)..

We don't have Bolivians, Paraguayans or Ecuadorians so they don't need a section..

It'd be so much nicer

Tropico
02-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I guess it should be into 4:
Mexico
Central America
Spanish Caribbean
South America

Kazimiera
02-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I was thinking specifically the countries.

Tropico
02-21-2014, 03:22 PM

No. Dividing it by country would be tedious and would be over kill. Dividing in into regions which share cultural/genetic similarities would be easier.

Kazimiera
02-21-2014, 03:32 PM
I want some more input from other Latin American users and see what they have to say. Tropico, you do have a point. Let's see what others have to say too.

Brighton, thanks for the input.

Armand_Duval
02-21-2014, 04:46 PM
No, let it as it is now.

Smaug
02-21-2014, 04:57 PM

Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean (Mexicans, Central Americans, Caribbeans, Colombians/Venezuelans.. who are basically Caribbeans)

We don't have Bolivians, Paraguayans or Ecuadorians so they don't need a section..

It'd be so much nicer

I liked this Brighton.

---

Kaz, this is a very good idea and I'm for it. The LA section is heavily disorganized, and as for Brazil, it is quite excluded, because we are quite different from the rest of the countries, and speak a different language. I liked Brighton's division. Put Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay into a single "Southern Cone" section, because there aren't too much of us to justify giving those countries their own subforum. Mexico's got a lot of members, so they can have a subforum of their own.

Gauthier
02-21-2014, 05:01 PM

Not enough people from the other countries. Those sections would be dead in no time.

Gauthier
02-21-2014, 05:07 PM

It'd be so much nicer

I disagree. It would make more sense to put Chile with Bolivia and Peru. You guys share geographical, ancestral and cultural backgrounds.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5141/5wpk.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/5wpk.jpg/)
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/915/82c9.jpg (http://img812.imageshack.us/i/82c9.jpg/)

Leo Iscariot
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Nah, I think it's good as it is now.

Neanderthal
02-21-2014, 05:18 PM
No, just make a gulag for annoying Hispanic members and we should be just fine.

Carlito's Way
02-21-2014, 05:24 PM
I guess it should be into 4:
Mexico
Central America
Spanish Caribbean
South America

i like this, divided into this section

Carlito's Way
02-21-2014, 05:25 PM
also some of the brazilian members speak in their language and i dont even know what in the world are the saying, they should speak english or spanish here or they should move to the Portuguese section

Brighton
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
I liked this Brighton.

---

Kaz, this is a very good idea and I'm for it. The LA section is heavily disorganized, and as for Brazil, it is quite excluded, because we are quite different from the rest of the countries, and speak a different language. I liked Brighton's division. Put Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay into a single "Southern Cone" section, because there aren't too much of us to justify giving those countries their own subforum. Mexico's got a lot of members, so they can have a subforum of their own.
+1

I would rather share a section with Brazilians, even if they speak a different language -I can totally understand them though-, than with Mexicans, who are geographically very far away and don't share too much with Argentines, Chileans, Brazilians, etc..

You could also do

1. Mexico and Central America
2. Caribbean*
3. Southern Cone

* This in case Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans don't feel comfortable being grouped with Mexicans..

Tropico
02-21-2014, 06:53 PM
+1

I would rather share a section with Brazilians, even if they speak a different language -I can totally understand them though-, than with Mexicans, who are geographically very far away and don't share too much with Argentines, Chileans, Brazilians, etc..

You could also do

1. Mexico and Central America
2. Caribbean*
3. Southern Cone

* This in case Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans don't feel comfortable being grouped with Mexicans..

Yours is good too BUT what about Colombia, Venezuela? They aren't part of Central America nor the Southern Cone. I think having a South American section by itself (excluding Brazil) would make more sense. Plus member wise it wouldn't die and be as dead since enough people would have reason to post there compared to only "southern Cone" members.

thetank
02-21-2014, 07:11 PM
I like tropicos idea

Sikeliot
02-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I'd do:

Mexico
Central America
Caribbean
South America
Brazil

Lurker
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
also some of the brazilian members speak in their language and i dont even know what in the world are the saying, they should speak english or spanish here or they should move to the Portuguese section

Well, this is the Latin American section. The Brazilian flag sometimes flashes near the name of the forum. And the Portuguese section is for Portugal alone, just as the Spanish section is for Spaniards alone. Putting our threads there would anger the Portuguese for sure.

Carlito's Way
02-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, this is the Latin American section. The Brazilian flag sometimes flashes near the name of the forum. And the Portuguese section is for Portugal alone, just as the Spanish section is for Spaniards alone. Putting our threads there would anger the Portuguese for sure.

yeah i know but sometimes in threads of Hispanics, they start speaking Portuguese and i cant understand them

Carlito's Way
02-21-2014, 07:16 PM
I'd do:

Mexico
Central America
Caribbean
South America
Brazil

yeah this could work perfectly

Tropico
02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
yeah this could work perfectly

Id go as far as putting in Spanish Caribbean, just to be clear.

Snchpnz
02-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Are there any Central Americans here? I think they should be lumped with either Mexico, South America or the Caribbean since that section will be completely dead anyway.

Smaug
02-21-2014, 08:36 PM
I was thinking of proposing the divide of the LA section, nice we've got supporters.

Or maybe you should be speaking Portuguese, seriously? You speak Spanish and cannot understand Portuguese? Not sure if trolling or simply very stupid.

Smaug
02-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Interesting to see how only Mexicans voted to keep things as they are.

Lemonhead
02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I like things they way they are, since there are not many Latin American members, but if the Latin American section is divided, its should be as follows in my opinion.

Spanish South America
Mexico
Brazil
Spanish Caribbean
Central America

Gauthier
02-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Interesting to see how only Mexicans
voted to keep things as they are.
Only me and armando have voted. The rest are folks from diverse backgrounds.

Tropico
02-21-2014, 10:26 PM
If the choice is only between every single country and keeping it the way it is, id rather keep it the way it is.

RMuller
02-21-2014, 11:15 PM
If they divided the forum by latino regions or countries,what happens to the threads here like the sudaca,panchito, hot latin american women and all the other threads?? Were will the threads go ??

Smaug
02-21-2014, 11:24 PM
If they divided the forum by latino regions or countries,what happens to the threads here like the sudaca,panchito, hot latin american women and all the other threads?? Were will the threads go ??

These will remain in the LA section, and threads specific to one single country will be moved to their correct sub-sections. Check the UK section, it is sub-divided between England, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall, that's how the LA section will be.

Also
02-21-2014, 11:29 PM
Do you think we should divide this forum into country sections like Mexico has its own subsection, Argentina, Brazil, Dominican Republic?

Kazimiera, I wanted to vote for the option "Yes" but I voted for the other option and confirmated before I realized. Maybe you could change my vote on the pool?

My only problem with the LA section is that we as brazilians and the only latinos portuguese-speaker we are kind of isolated, I can understand what they write in spanish but I don't feel comfortable writing in spanish so I reply in english if I want to.

Tropico
02-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Separating it into single countries would create dead zones. Like Bolivia, Paraguay, Guatemala, etc. Regions would make it much better. I vote that the option to put it into regions be available.

Dombra
02-22-2014, 12:31 AM
They are all the same to me :coffee:

brazuca
02-22-2014, 12:53 AM
They are all the same to me :coffee:

Northern Europeans and their unconditional love for the "British-American" culture are funny:thumb001:

Dombra
02-22-2014, 12:54 AM
Northern Europeans and their unconditional love for the "British-American" culture are funny:thumb001:

What are you saying triracial?

brazuca
02-22-2014, 01:05 AM
What are you saying triracial?

once barbarians always barbarians:cool:

Dombra
02-22-2014, 01:17 AM
once barbarians always barbarians:cool:

barbarians stronk :viking

Smaug
02-22-2014, 01:48 AM
:confused:

Why the hell people who are not from LA and don't visit this section are voting? And voting against our progress! I wont take these votes into consideration, this is our issue, no more gringos telling us what to do.

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 06:11 AM

It'd be so much nicer

What would brazilian issues have to do with Chile and Argentina? Different realities.

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 06:13 AM
I liked this Brighton.

---

Again, then Brazil should be the own section. Otherwise we would eclypse the other little countries.

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 06:15 AM
yeah i know but sometimes in threads of Hispanics, they start speaking Portuguese and i cant understand them

It's funny how we can understand hispanics, but you can't understand us, why?

brazuca
02-22-2014, 06:28 AM

because a Brazilian can write the same "phrase" of 3 or 4 different ways using terms and words that do not exist or are no longer used in Spanish.

Liac
02-22-2014, 06:30 AM
If you ask me then no. Hispanics, they're all same egoistic poor brown noisy third-worlders, like there's much difference between Uruguay and Mexico, please don't tell me there's deep cultural rift between. You might say that I don't know nothing about Uruguayan history and culture, but in the end why are Latin America so important that each country should have it's own section on European cultural community? There's no even single member from some of those numerous Hispanic countries.

brazuca
02-22-2014, 06:41 AM
If you ask me then no. Hispanics, they're all same egoistic poor brown noisy third-worlders, like there's much difference between Uruguay and Mexico, please don't tell me there's deep cultural rift between. You might say that I don't know nothing about Uruguayan history and culture, but in the end why are Latin America so important that each country should have it's own section on European cultural community? There's no even single member from some of those numerous Hispanic countries.

Serbia is a first world country? :lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002: :lol00002:

Liac
02-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Serbia is a first world country? :lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002: :lol00002:

What Serbia has to do with this thread? :blink:

brazuca
02-22-2014, 06:56 AM
What Serbia has to do with this thread? :blink:

You speak as if their country not part of of the "third world"!

Liac
02-22-2014, 06:58 AM
You speak as if their country not part of of the "third world"!

Serbia is not third-world and if you say oppose, then it's just you saying that.

Incal
02-22-2014, 07:08 AM

We are too few. Those sub-forums would be deserted. Maybe a Mexico one since there are a lot of chicanos.

brazuca
02-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Serbia is not third-world and if you say oppose, then it's just you saying that.

Serbia is not of the third world? :crazy::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lo l00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002::lol00002:

brazuca
02-22-2014, 07:12 AM
this forum shows me as the eastern Europeans find that is a developed place.

Incal
02-22-2014, 07:20 AM
this forum shows me as the eastern Europeans find that is a developed place.

Funny thing is, many balkanians moved to South America to escape misery.

Liac
02-22-2014, 07:28 AM

We all know who from Balkans moved to South America after WW2. ;)

brazuca
02-22-2014, 07:29 AM

Interestingly, he speaks of Uruguay and Mexico as places of "third world" bad to live but the two has the biggest HDI that Serbia

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
We are too few. Those sub-forums would be deserted. Maybe a Mexico one since there are a lot of chicanos.

Quantos chicanos lá?

Smaug
02-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Quantos chicanos lá?

A maior parte dos latino-americanos são chicanos. Nós brasileros somos cinco ou seis.

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 10:17 AM
A maior parte dos latino-americanos são chicanos. Nós brasileros somos cinco ou seis.

Eu concordo somente se o nosso país fosse um fórum separado. Que relacionamento temos com micronações que falam espanhol como o Chile, Paraguai ou Argentina?

Smaug
02-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Eu concordo somente se o nosso país fosse um fórum separado. Que relacionamento temos com micronações que falam espanhol como o Chile, Paraguai ou Argentina?

Acho que deveríamos seguir o modelo do subforum do Reino Unido, possuir várias divisões para os países. Bem vindo ao fórum a propósito!

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Acho que deveríamos seguir o modelo do subforum do Reino Unido, possuir várias divisões para os países. Bem vindo ao fórum a propósito!

Obrigado, mas eu não tenho nenhum problema com usar o mesmo fórum que os outros. Faz mais sentido que apenas chile, paraguai ou peru.

RMuller
02-22-2014, 01:01 PM
60% have voted " No, I prefer it the way it is ".

Persian Otomi
02-22-2014, 02:25 PM
That would be a good idea, this section seens too messy and all over the place. Sub-forums will make it a little more organized.

Aredhel
02-22-2014, 04:16 PM
No, I like the way it is organized, we aren't many users that post in this subforum in spite of many of us are mexicans. IMHO the subforums would be deserts, i.e. there's only one peruvian, one venezuelan, one brazilian, and only 4 mexicans post often (I'm not including myself in this :p) so I don't think we should divide the subforum. The most active latinamerican users would be at most 7.

Kazimiera
02-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I wasn't thinking of ALL the countries. Just the ones of which we have the most users (and threads), like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and maybe Dominican Republic. There wouldn't be sections like Ecuador or Bolivia. Those would fall into the general Latin America forum. Just the major countries with the most threads and users.

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 04:36 PM
I wasn't thinking of ALL the countries. Just the ones of which we have the most users (and threads), like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and maybe Dominican Republic. There wouldn't be sections like Ecuador or Bolivia. Those would fall into the general Latin America forum. Just the major countries with the most threads and users.

The numbers don't justify such move. :dunno:

SKYNET
02-22-2014, 04:40 PM
too many countries there to create each of the separate sections for them :)

http://api.ning.com/files/mn-2k222j9FZt8vq8GJYH7jOGHkh50q1UkzhceooGljlcWh7N0esO CeJl8Tga60dxIDLa7PJyYkHK4-8umK3TpHJtoOStogp/latinamerica.png

http://blacklatinocouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Latino-Flags.png

http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2011/8/9/hispanic_heritage1.jpg

Latinos are always together :D

Incal
02-22-2014, 04:42 PM

I agree on Mexico based on the number of members and Brazil since they speak another language. The rest? Not so much.

Brighton
02-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Yours is good too BUT what about Colombia, Venezuela? They aren't part of Central America nor the Southern Cone. I think having a South American section by itself (excluding Brazil) would make more sense. Plus member wise it wouldn't die and be as dead since enough people would have reason to post there compared to only "southern Cone" members.
The only Venezuelan is Chirigue and gets along so much better with Mexicans and Caribbeans than with Southern Coners. I don't even think he is Venezuelan/Colombian/whatever he claims to be..

Brighton
02-22-2014, 05:02 PM
I'd do:

Mexico
Central America
Caribbean
South America
Brazil
Who is Central American here??

Brighton
02-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Interesting to see how only Mexicans voted to keep things as they are.
Because -except for Carlos- they're the annoying ones. We're the ones who have to deal with them being here in the same section..

It'd be so good to be away from the Mexicans here.

RMuller
02-22-2014, 05:16 PM
I agree on Mexico based on the number of members and Brazil since they speak another language. The rest? Not so much.

The majority with Mexican heritage voted to keep how it is. If the Southern Cone or Brazilians or Carribeans want their own forums which will have little activity, i say give it to them.

Smaug
02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Because -except for Carlos- they're the annoying ones. We're the ones who have to deal with them being here in the same section..

I'd go the other way round: we've got good (some) Mexican posters, except for Carlos. But I agree we should have a different section, since the current one was taken by Mexican affairs.

Brighton
02-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Why not a South American or Southern Coner section??

Because if you do that, I'd probably end up using Argentina's section anyway.

Carlito's Way
02-22-2014, 05:25 PM

LOL

some mexicans here are cool but some are not, they have an obsession with Chileans, not sure why

Carlito's Way
02-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I'd go the other way round: we've got good (some) Mexican posters, except for Carlos. But I agree we should have a different section, since the current one was taken by Mexican affairs.

im a good poster, unlike you

Brighton
02-22-2014, 05:26 PM
"People from Mexico" is actually sticky.. it's embarrassing

Carlito's Way
02-22-2014, 05:26 PM

um no you idiot, only 4 here are chicanos while the rest of the mexicans arent

Carlito's Way
02-22-2014, 05:27 PM

i can understand some stuff but more when its spoken than written, not sure why

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:32 PM

Why is it embarrassing? LoL.

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
LOL

some mexicans here are cool but some are not, they have an obsession with Chileans, not sure why

None of the Mexican nationals have an obsession with Chile. I believe is the other way around, and you have seen it with the flood of Chilean trolls that entered this forum not long ago. Chile is completely irrelevant to us.

Smaug
02-22-2014, 05:37 PM

True, some don't even speak Spanish.

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:40 PM

And that is because they are not Mexicans, properly. They are born and raised US citizens.

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Por que essa merda chilena está entregando puntos negativos sem razão? Eu proponho que seja exilado em um fórum para ele só.

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Por que essa merda chilena está entregando puntos negativos sem razão? Eu proponho que seja exilado em um fórum para ele só.

Yeah, he gave me one and I have never given him a thumbs down. Who is the troll here? ;)

Kataxu
02-22-2014, 05:43 PM

Mexican's don't speak spanish?

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Mexican's don't speak spanish?

He is referring to the Mexican-Americans.

Carlito's Way
02-22-2014, 05:46 PM
None of the Mexican nationals have an obsession with Chile. I believe is the other way around, and you have seen it with the flood of Chilean trolls that entered this forum not long ago. Chile is completely irrelevant to us.

i was speaking more in the case of Hassad more than anything, from what i have heard, he has had an obsession with them since ABF or i think longer

Peyrol
02-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Are there any Central Americans here? I think they should be lumped with either Mexico, South America or the Caribbean since that section will be completely dead anyway.

There is a salvadorean girl if i remember well, but she live in Canada.

Gauthier
02-22-2014, 05:54 PM
i was speaking more in the case of Hassad more than anything, from what i have heard, he has had an obsession with them since ABF or i think longer

Hassad always spoke decently of Chileans. He felt some sort of kinship and admired the good way they manage their country. But when Braiton and his troll countrymen started to bash Mexicans things changed.

Kazimiera
02-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Looking at the results, there are a lot of people who want to keep it the way it is.

I think the best is for the time being is to leave it be.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I'm closing the thread now.

Smaug
02-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Looking at the results, there are a lot of people who want to keep it the way it is.

I think the best is for the time being is to leave it be.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I'm closing the thread now.

Some who voted are not even from Latin America. It will be better if we make the LA section like the UK's: divided in subforums.

Lábaru
02-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Some who voted are not even from Latin America. It will be better if we make the LA section like the UK's: divided in subforums.

The people who voted "no" are the most active user/writers of Latin America forum, de cualquier modo esta decisión debería ser solamente tomada por latinoamericanos.

Kazimiera
02-22-2014, 07:56 PM
The people who voted "no" are the most active user/writers of Latin America forum, de cualquier modo esta decisión debería ser solamente tomada por latinoamericanos.

Which is why the LA forum is staying the way it is.

Smaug
02-23-2014, 12:57 AM

Which is why the LA forum is staying the way it is.

Ok, so the Mexican, oops, I mean LA section is staying as it is, and poor of us non-Chicanos :)