PDA

View Full Version : Berlusconi to Remain Hospitalized

Eldritch
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Just one question from me: where were his bodyguards ?!?

Silvio Berlusconi will stay in the hospital until at least Tuesday, physician Alberto Zangrillo said Monday, as the Italian prime minister recovers from facial injuries following an attack during a rally Sunday.

Speaking at a new conference at the San Raffaele Hospital, near Milan, Mr. Zangrillo said Mr. Berlusconi was in good spirits and recovering from his facial injuries but would be kept under observation for another night at the hospital. Doctors will then decide whether he can be released.

Mr. Berlusconi has a broken nose and two broken upper teeth, Mr. Zangrillo said. He lost half a liter of blood, but won't need to have surgery.

"'I care about everybody, I only want the best for everybody, I don't understand why people hate me to this degree,'" San Raffaele hospital Chairman Don Luigi Verze said Mr. Berlusconi told him earlier Monday.

Mr. Berlusconi was attacked Sunday evening on the sidelines of a rally in Milan while signing autographs to supporters. He was transferred to the hospital for treatment after the attack. The attacker, a 42-year-old man with a history of psychological problems, has been arrested. Opposition leader Pierluigi Bersani visited Mr. Berlusconi in the hospital Monday.

Story. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126079246067590273.html)

Grey
12-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Did anyone not see this coming? I'm just shocked it wasn't his wife who finally did it.

Vulpix
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Did anyone not see this coming?

Oh yes, it's obviously to be expected; in fact, everyone in their seventies and especially politicians should of course anticipate to be attacked by statuettes-beweaponed madmen :eek:!

Arrow Cross
12-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Completely outrageous. The man is probably one of the sanest leaders in entire current "Europe" and this is what he gets for it.

He really should tighten his security.

anonymaus
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
He really should tighten his security.

Gordo has been taking notes.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091213/capt.899bdbfedc8f4f25b26ffc49aaaa79a7.afghanistan_ brown_visit_lon134.jpg

Grey
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh yes, it's obviously to be expected; in fact, everyone in their seventies and especially politicians should of course anticipate to be attacked by statuettes-beweaponed madmen :eek:!

He's not "everyone in their seventies"; he's a loudmouthed sleazy Italian politician. To me that screams probable attack target.

Murphy
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
... I don't like Berlusconi, but I don't find this really funny. I also wonder though, where in God's name was the Italian Secret Service or whatever?

Regards,
The Papist.

Absinthe
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
The man is probably one of the sanest leaders in entire current "Europe"

5ewyeh_-Jys

Falkata
12-15-2009, 01:17 AM
5ewyeh_-Jys

Itīs not him, itīs the actor of the movie "Bye Bye Berlusconi". This scene wasnīt added to the movie finally, but it was filtered to the net

Absinthe
12-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Itīs not him, itīs the actor of the movie "Bye Bye Berlusconi". This scene wasnīt added to the movie finally, but it was filtered to the net
Really? Most people who've seen the video are thinking it's him :D

In any case, it was funny to hear the dirty old geezer who has managed to produce more scandals than all the Greek politicians together, being refered to as "one of the sanest leaders" in Europe... :no000000:

Rusalka
12-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Really? Most people who've seen the video are thinking it's him :D

In any case, it was funny to hear the dirty old geezer who has managed to produce more scandals than all the Greek politicians together, being refered to as "one of the sanest leaders" in Europe... :no000000:

Careful with that one, though.

Leftist organizations and the media, traditionally more progressive than the average man or woman, are delighted to orchestrate libelous campaings against anyone who is too "rightist". I'm not saying that he is not an "dirty old geezer". Regarding his sex scandals, I believe that many other politicians have dirty secrets in their closets, but Berlusconi is especially maligned since they are set in making the Right look degenerate.

A fairly progressive network here spent weeks keeping us updated about the Berlusconi affair. Hunger in the world? What's that? African dictators that make Berlusconi look like an incarnation of Mother Teresa? Who cares? Let's find out who's under the sheets with Silvio B.!

nisse
12-15-2009, 03:22 AM
Hunger in the world? What's that? African dictators that make Berlusconi look like an incarnation of Mother Teresa? Who cares? Let's find out who's under the sheets with Silvio B.!
They don't have to work too hard to muddy his reputation, lol. Although propagande is obviously a factor, he also sells more papers than all of Africa's problems put together ;)

Although I don't know where "here" is, I would guess it's not Africa, and people want to know more about people they can relate to. As special as the likes of Berlusconi and Tiger Woods might be, I've got more in common with them than with starving African children :|.

Vulpix
12-15-2009, 06:30 AM
He's not "everyone in their seventies"; he's a loudmouthed sleazy Italian politician. To me that screams probable attack target.

Find me an Italian politician who isn't loudmouthed and "sleazy" ;).

manu
12-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Silvio has already forgiven his aggressor

http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2007/12/04/perdono.jpg

now that I'm reading your comments I understand foreign people are mostly unaware of Berlusconi's personal problems with Law, they ony know him for his jokes and his recent sexual scandal.

Eins Zwei Polizei
02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
If the old fart bangs young gals I'm sorry for his opponents.

This has little to do with his domestic or foreign policy.

Foxy
06-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Just one question from me: where were his bodyguards ?!?

Silvio Berlusconi will stay in the hospital until at least Tuesday, physician Alberto Zangrillo said Monday, as the Italian prime minister recovers from facial injuries following an attack during a rally Sunday.

Speaking at a new conference at the San Raffaele Hospital, near Milan, Mr. Zangrillo said Mr. Berlusconi was in good spirits and recovering from his facial injuries but would be kept under observation for another night at the hospital. Doctors will then decide whether he can be released.

Mr. Berlusconi has a broken nose and two broken upper teeth, Mr. Zangrillo said. He lost half a liter of blood, but won't need to have surgery.

"'I care about everybody, I only want the best for everybody, I don't understand why people hate me to this degree,'" San Raffaele hospital Chairman Don Luigi Verze said Mr. Berlusconi told him earlier Monday.

Mr. Berlusconi was attacked Sunday evening on the sidelines of a rally in Milan while signing autographs to supporters. He was transferred to the hospital for treatment after the attack. The attacker, a 42-year-old man with a history of psychological problems, has been arrested. Opposition leader Pierluigi Bersani visited Mr. Berlusconi in the hospital Monday.

Story. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126079246067590273.html)

For me it was a fake.

Foxy
06-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Find me an Italian politician who isn't loudmouthed and "sleazy" ;).

Find me an Italian politician who, in an other (decent) country would stay in Parliament instead of in prison...
I have divorced with Italian politics many time ago.