PDA

View Full Version : Can a Personal Phylogenetic Tree be used to measure deep racial admixture?

Nehellenia
02-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Phylogenetics:
Phylogenetics is the study of how genetics can be used to show how people are related.

Phylogenetic tree:
A phylogenetic tree is the reconstruction through genetics of a lineage.

Based on the definition of Phylogenetics, i had a DNA test taken about a year ago and through every mtDNA haplogroup branch, had noticed an out of Africa pattern, naturally being Caucasian, which then led to common haplogroup markers of a Western Europe signature, as well as specifically Germanic and Eastern European origins, but my question is, without a racial DNA test, like with a company like 23andme as of yet, can a phylogenetic tree be an indicator of one's total deep ancestral links, even if the admixture percentages are unknown without one, simply to know my racial possibilities.
I trust the validity of this report, because haplogroup marker admixture were not present in me regarding haplogroup Y, A, X, S, B, etc which would be expected being Caucasoid, no links to continents where my ancestors never came from... so can this method be used or is it unreliable? Is it related to Autosomal genetic origins?