PDA

View Full Version : MPs from Bogota, Colombia versus MPs from Mexico City - compare and contrast

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Here are the MPs from Bogota http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?111051-MPs-from-Cundinamarca-and-Bogota-Colombia&highlight=bogota

versus those of Mexico City http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?116701-MPs-from-Mexico-City

Armand_Duval
02-27-2014, 12:37 AM
On average also whiter than their couterparts of Mexico, there are also absence of black and mulatto phenotypes too.

This difference only leads me to think that the politics in Colombia is more elitist than it is in Mexico where more mestizos, indomestizos and zambos have accessed to it.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 12:40 AM
On average alñso whiter than their couterparts of Mexico, there are also absence of flack and mulatto phenotypes too.

This difference only leads me to think that the politics in Colombia is more elitist than it is in Mexico where more mestizos, indomestizos and zambos have accessed to it.

There aren't many Blacks, Mulattoes and Zambos in Bogota. Nonetheless, I've already shown you samples of politicians from the Caribbean and Pacific Coasts, where you can indeed see lots. And no, these Bogotanos don't strike me as much if at all 'Whiter' than their Chilango counterparts, even if the facial traits are a bit different.

Armand_Duval
02-27-2014, 12:46 AM
There aren't many Blacks, Mulattoes and Zambos in Bogota. Nonetheless, I've already shown you samples of politicians from the Caribbean and Pacific Coasts, where you can indeed see lots. And no, these Bogotanos don't strike me as much if at all 'Whiter' than their Chilango counterparts, even if the facial traits are a bit different.

You find white phenotypes among the mexicans you posted but you also find admixed and some two or three pure amerind looking unlike colombians, dont tell me all bogota is castizo criollo looking.

Lemonhead
02-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Bogotanos look Castizo on average and Dfeños look Mestizo on average with a few Triracial outliers.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 12:47 AM
You find white phenotypes among the mexicans you posted but you also find admixed and some two or three pure amerind looking unlike colombians, dont tell me all bogota is castizo criollo looking.

That's the point - if you look again you'll see that plenty of the Bogota MPs are not Castizo or Criollo, especially the last five of them or so. Besides, there were even blondes among the Mexican MPs, whereas there are none at all among the Bogotanos.

pao-
02-27-2014, 12:51 AM
The chilangos show greater diversity and extremes.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 12:52 AM

True, but in part that is also because there are around 60 MPs from Mexico City, as opposed to just 25 or so from Bogota. Even taking that into account, however, you're probably right.

Armand_Duval
02-27-2014, 12:53 AM

Pretty much, and I think those mexican politicians represent well the mexican phenotypical variation.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Pretty much, and I think those mexican politicians represent well the mexican phenotypical variation.

The thing about Colombia is that the different ethnic groups are not evenly distributed in the country. Like I said, were I to show you politicians from the Caribbean or Pacific regions they'd look entirely different. Here are some from Santa Marta, on the Caribbean Coast. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?99618-Classify-these-councillors-from-Santa-Marta-Magdalena-Colombia&highlight=santa+marta
And here is Quibdo, Choco, on the Pacific Coast. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?99306-Classify-these-councillors-from-Quibdo-in-Choco-Department-Colombia&highlight=quibdo

pao-
02-27-2014, 01:08 AM
True, but in part that is also because there are around 60 MPs from Mexico City, as opposed to just 25 or so from Bogota. Even taking that into account, however, you're probably right.

You have a point. What I will say next isn't a comparison to Colombia at all, but I do want to point out that contrary to popular belief I don't find Mexico to be as racially divisive in socioeconomic status, education, jobs, and general opportunities as is often assumed or as other Latin-American countries.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:12 AM
You have a point. What I will say next isn't a comparison to Colombia at all, but I do want to point out that contrary to popular belief I don't find Mexico to be as racially divisive in socioeconomic status, education, jobs, and general opportunities as is often assumed or as other Latin-American countries.

Perhaps. But neither is Colombia, in fact. Those Bogotano MPs don't look especially White to me - certainly not compared to their counterparts in Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile, who I also made a thread about earlier. Moreover, in other, less White parts of Colombia there are plenty of politicians who are far more Amerindian or Black, in both pigmentation and features, than those Bogotanos.

pao-
02-27-2014, 01:17 AM
Perhaps. But neither is Colombia, in fact. Those Bogotano MPs don't look especially White to me - certainly not compared to their counterparts in Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile, who I also made a thread about earlier. Moreover, in other, less White parts of Colombia there are plenty of politicians who are far more Amerindian or Black, in both pigmentation and features, than those Bogotanos.

Yeah, I can tell and didn't have Colombia in mind when making that comparison. I don't find them especially white either in comparison to other countries where it literally seems they just choose the whitest or most foreign-looking and sounding.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:19 AM
I don't find them especially white either in comparison to other countries where it literally seems they just choose the whitest or most foreign-looking and sounding.

From the Latin American politicians I've seen, the ones who seem to look the most different from their general populations are those of Guatemala, Brazil and Chile.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 01:30 AM

This is interesting because despite Colombia being one of the most unequal countries in LatAm in economic terms, it doesn't seem to have that much difference regarding phenotypes between social classes than, let's say, Chile or Brazil -the most extreme cases I can think of-..

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:31 AM
This is interesting because despite Colombia being one of the most unequal countries in LatAm in economic terms, it doesn't seem to have that much difference regarding phenotypes between social classes than, let's say, Chile or Brazil -the most extreme cases I can think of-..

Exactly.
EDIT: In Colombia, the phenotype differences between regions are rather bigger than those between social classes.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Exactly.
EDIT: In Colombia, the phenotype differences between regions are rather bigger than those between social classes.
Having been in Bogota and Santiago, which difference did you see in terms of the general population?? -we've already discussed and seen the differences regarding political elites-..

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Having been in Bogota and Santiago, which difference did you see in terms of the general population?? -we've already discussed and seen the differences regarding political elites-..

The masses of Bogota and Santiago are both overwhelmingly Mestizo, even if the latter are a bit more Euro-leaning than the former. The main difference is probably that even the middle classes of Bogota still look far more Mestizo than their Santiago counterparts would.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 01:48 AM
The masses of Bogota and Santiago are both overwhelmingly Mestizo, even if the latter are a bit more Euro-leaning than the former. The main difference is probably that even the middle classes of Bogota still look far more Mestizo than their Santiago counterparts would.

Interesting! what do you mean by that in bold?? Didn't understand it..

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:49 AM
Interesting! what do you mean by that in bold?? Didn't understand it..

Where's the bold part lol?

Brighton
02-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Where's the bold part lol?

The main difference is probably that even the middle classes of Bogota still look far more Mestizo than their Santiago counterparts would.

That?? Haha

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 01:53 AM
The main difference is probably that even the middle classes of Bogota still look far more Mestizo than their Santiago counterparts would.

That?? Haha

Exactly that - most middle class Bogotanos still look Mestizo, even if there is a higher percentage of Whites and quasi-Whites than among the working classes, whereas middle class Santiago people (with only a few exceptions) look barely distinguishable from their counterparts in Madrid and Rome.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 02:04 AM
On these pages of an old thread of mine, you can see what young middle-class Bogotanos look like: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?100415-Differences-in-phenotype-between-Mexican-Mestizos-and-Colombian-Mestizos/page4
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?100415-Differences-in-phenotype-between-Mexican-Mestizos-and-Colombian-Mestizos/page7

Brighton
02-27-2014, 02:05 AM
Exactly that - most middle class Bogotanos still look Mestizo, even if there is a higher percentage of Whites and quasi-Whites than among the working classes, whereas middle class Santiago people (with only a few exceptions) look barely distinguishable from their counterparts in Madrid and Rome.
Now I see what you mean. I completely agree with you.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 02:23 AM
On these pages of an old thread of mine, you can see what young middle-class Bogotanos look like: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?100415-Differences-in-phenotype-between-Mexican-Mestizos-and-Colombian-Mestizos/page4
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?100415-Differences-in-phenotype-between-Mexican-Mestizos-and-Colombian-Mestizos/page7
Sorry!! hadn't seen that..

But yeah, they look very Mestizo even being middle-class people..

As you say, the difference between Bogota and Santiago is more likely noticed among the middle classes than among the masses..

I think my family is common enough among middle-class Santiago people: http://************/ojarda5

---

Ps: do you know what's interesting?? that actually the difference between Bs As and Stgo is more likely noticed among the masses than among the middle classes :P

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Sorry!! hadn't seen that..

But yeah, they look very Mestizo even being middle-class people..

As you say, the difference between Bogota and Santiago is more likely noticed among the middle classes than among the masses..

I think my family is common enough among middle-class Santiago people: http://************/ojarda5

---

Ps: do you know what's interesting?? that actually the difference between Bs As and Stgo is more likely noticed among the masses than among the middle classes :P

Your family look straight out of Castilla y Leon lol. And yes, Buenos Aires' overall population is far Whiter than Santiago's - it is not even close.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Your family look straight out of Castilla y Leon lol. And yes, Buenos Aires' overall population is far Whiter than Santiago's - it is not even close.
I'm going to Spain in March so I'll see if I feel at home :lol:

--

Yeah, totally.. but Southern Chile and Southern Argentina are not that much different at all regarding phenotype.

--

Anyway. Do you think Medellin MPs would be more similar to Santiago/Buenos Aires MPs, or to Mexico City/Bogota MPs??

brazuca
02-27-2014, 08:29 PM
From the Latin American politicians I've seen, the ones who seem to look the most different from their general populations are those of Guatemala, Brazil and Chile.

brazil?

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 09:22 PM
brazil?

The politicians - and professionals of all kinds there, for that matter - seem to be 95% White or so.

Tooting Carmen
02-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Anyway. Do you think Medellin MPs would be more similar to Santiago/Buenos Aires MPs, or to Mexico City/Bogota MPs??

In between probably.

Brighton
02-27-2014, 10:55 PM
In between probably.
I see

brazuca
02-28-2014, 04:30 AM
The politicians - and professionals of all kinds there, for that matter - seem to be 95% White or so.

1: how do you know like them are classified?
2: how this makes them different from the rest of the population?
3: Colombia is full of "black" and "Indo-mestizos" chile is full of "Indians" and "Indo-mestizos" thing the "Brazil" is not.
4: most of those politicians that you consider "white" not have come from upper-middle class or elite as in the chile.

Tooting Carmen
02-28-2014, 09:54 AM
1: how do you know like them are classified?
2: how this makes them different from the rest of the population?
3: Colombia is full of "black" and "Indo-mestizos" chile is full of "Indians" and "Indo-mestizos" thing the "Brazil" is not.
4: most of those politicians that you consider "white" not have come from upper-middle class or elite as in the chile.

Most Brazilians are Pardos, and usually have an olive or brown skin tone of some sort. The politicians, by contrast, mostly look Southern European with even quite a few who look Northern European.

brazuca
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Most Brazilians are Pardos, and usually have an olive or brown skin tone of some sort. The politicians, by contrast, mostly look Southern European with even quite a few who
look Northern European.

as I said how do you know how these political classify themselves?
and how much "pardos" are representative of the Brazilian nation?

GrebluBro
02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
///.

Member 'brazuca' just hate it when non-Brazilians like us talk about Brazil phenotype..you better ignore him..

Published basic genetic results, 100s of unbiased group pictures, various official race based statistics would help any non-Brazilian to be aware of Brazil phenotype demographics.. :picard1:

brazuca
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Member 'brazuca' just hate it when non-Brazilians like us talk about Brazil phenotype..you better ignore him..

Published basic genetic results, 100s of unbiased group pictures, various official race based statistics would help any non-Brazilian to be aware of Brazil phenotype demographics.. :picard1:

"Genetic testing" only use almost exclusively the lower class, pictures of stadiums too, you know nothing about Brazil. most Brazilians seem to Europeans or North Africans.

GrebluBro
02-28-2014, 11:03 AM
"Genetic testing" only use almost exclusively the lower class, pictures of stadiums too, you know nothing about Brazil. most Brazilians seem to Europeans or North Africans.

What percent you say for Euro-looking population?

Census claim 47%...

Realistic figure:
Impossible to be below 25% (even by North-Western European expectation)
Impossible to be above 35%

brazuca
02-28-2014, 11:22 AM
What percent you say for Euro-looking population?

Census claim 47%...

Realistic figure:
Impossible to be below 25% (even by North-Western European expectation)
Impossible to be above 35%

I do not know, it is impossible to know, you and most Americans do not realize the Brazil and even australia are larger than the contiguous united states.

Odin
02-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Colombia has more castizos than Mexico.