PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine orders full military mobilisation over Russia moves

Loki
03-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Ukraine orders full military mobilisation over Russia moves (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26405635)

Ukraine has ordered a full military mobilisation in response to Russia's build-up of its forces in Crimea.

Acting President Olexander Turchynov has ordered the closure of airspace to all non-civilian aircraft.

US President Barack Obama has called Russian troop deployments a "violation of Ukrainian sovereignty".

Ukraine has said it will seek the help of US and UK leaders in guaranteeing its security. Nato has called emergency talks to be held at 1200 GMT.

Several other measures were announced by Andriy Parubiy, chair of the national security and defence council of Ukraine:

The armed forces would be put on "full combat readiness".
Reserves to be mobilised and trained
Emergency headquarters to be set up
Increased security at key sites, including nuclear plants.

The BBC has seen what appear to be Russian troops digging trenches on the Crimean border.

Heavily armed groups continue to occupy key sites on the peninsula, including airports and communications hubs, although there has been no actual violence.

Hevo
03-02-2014, 11:23 AM
http://cdn10.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/wirebot/blog/2009/11/128703294496319667.jpg

Jackson
03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Looks like we might have a war on our hands if this continues.

Loki
03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Looks like we might have a war on our hands if this continues.

Yes ... it looks more nasty by the day.

Jackson
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Yes ... it looks more nasty by the day.
If i was Russia i would cut my aggression here and just maintain the position, as Crimea has a vote on sovereignty coming up, within 6 months it could be part of Russia.

I think the best thing would be for Ukraine to divide itself based on loyalty and the Crimea to decide whether it wants it govern itself or secede to Russia. Would hurt the rest of Ukraine, but might be better for the people.

If i was Ukraine now, i don't know what i would do, they are in a difficult position. Baptism by fire for the new government.

Loki
03-02-2014, 11:48 AM
If i was Ukraine now, i don't know what i would do, they are in a difficult position. Baptism by fire for the new government.

Ukraine is bankrupt. They can't afford full military mobilization.

Jackson
03-02-2014, 11:54 AM

Indeed, and even if they could they could not win in a fight against Russia, that's why the potential for other nations to get involved (very unlikely though) is nonetheless more worrying. Putin has given a push but i think he should leave it there, and Ukraine needs to re-organize itself. I'm of course neutral in this, though.

glass
03-02-2014, 11:54 AM
well we alrdy saw advanced military equipment of ukrainian army (ak-47 lol),
those maidan thugs just want a few hundreds useful moron killed in action, so they can show how evil bloody Putin attack sovereign Ukraine

Kiyant
03-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Russia doesnt want to annex Crimea they already said that they want an independant Crimea state

Jackson
03-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Russia doesnt want to annex Crimea they already said that they want an independant Crimea state

Well they were due to get that anyway, considering they had a vote coming up and that it'd probably go in favour of independence. I don't think Russia went through all this trouble to bring that forward by a couple of months.

Kiyant
03-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Well they were due to get that anyway, considering they had a vote coming up and that it'd probably go in favour of independence. I don't think Russia went through all this trouble to bring that forward by a couple of months.

Well if they annex it they would break every contract they had and would destabilise Eastern Europe (again) so i dont think that they will do it

Windischer
03-02-2014, 12:06 PM

saying and wanting are 2 different things.

i see some parallels with 1938-39.
then: in order to take control of czechoslovakias fortifications and industry, hitler partitions and invades czechoslovakia under pretext of "saving germans", using 5th column; western allies betray czechoslovakia and side with hitler.
now: in order to take control of strategic crimea and industry in donbas, putin invades ukraine under pretext of "saving russians", using 5th column; what will western states do?

glass
03-02-2014, 12:11 PM
there was no coup in Czechoslovakia in 1938
while Ukraine is destabilized from within, there is no legitimate authorities right now in Ukraine.

Windischer
03-02-2014, 12:15 PM
there was no coup in Czechoslovakia in 1938
while Ukraine is destabilized from within, there is no legitimate authorities right now in Ukraine.

hitler used 5th column to destabilize czechoslovakia as well.

glass
03-02-2014, 01:11 PM
hitler used 5th column to destabilize czechoslovakia as well.
may be, but it was not Putin who orchestrated ukrainian coup, rather Victoria "Fuck EU" Nuland and all other maidan visitors. THere are KGB agents everywhere ofc, but not that high right?

Drawing-slim
03-02-2014, 01:11 PM

In a case of all out war with Russia Ukraine would get indefinite funding from US. Even special forces from US doing the dirty work actually.

Windischer
03-02-2014, 01:14 PM
may be, but it was not Putin who orchestrated ukrainian coup, rather Victoria "Fuck EU" Nuland and all other maidan visitors. THere are KGB agents everywhere ofc, but not that high right?

but the parallels i drew are mainly related to international situation not maydan.
also, maidan protests werent orchestrated by nuland nor any other westerner, thats just propaganda.

glass
03-02-2014, 01:24 PM
but the parallels i drew are mainly related to international situation not maydan.
also, maidan protests werent orchestrated by nuland nor any other westerner, thats just propaganda.
Hitler was just wanting territories, while czech western simply did not care. THey were trying to find any possible excuse to not interfere.
While in ukrainian case, west wants secure coup results.
West acts like Hitler, while Russia acts like western allies had to act in order to defend Czechoslovakia.
russian propaganda :rolleyes:
http://s23.postimg.org/hmhdtfj17/nuland.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

so yeah you are right if Nuland and Obama are KGB agents, Obama codename is whity i guess :thumb001:

Windischer
03-02-2014, 01:26 PM
yes she gave them some sweets which were poisoned by cia and drove ukros crazy. :picard2:
show some sense.

glass
03-02-2014, 01:29 PM
yes she gave them some sweets which were poisoned by cia and drove ukros crazy. :picard2:
show some sense.
dude, learn to admit you were wrong, it is very useful characteristic
Nuland and many other western politician visited maidan and encouraged protesters, that is how neitral position on this should look?

Kazimiera
03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
The interesting thing is if Nato and EU is behind Ukraine, Russia could call of the BRICS nations which are Brazil, India, China and South Africa. I'm not sure what the implications for the BRICS countries are since it is only an economic agreement as far as I know.

This has the potential turn into WW3.

Unome
03-02-2014, 03:13 PM
It is EU responsibility to defend Ukraine's autonomy and politickal borders.

Russia invades a foreign, independent country. I wonder how Russophiles on TA will defend these unjust acts of violence? Do supporters of Russia also support the murder of innocent Slavic Ukrainians?

Loki
03-02-2014, 03:24 PM
glasses, you should ignore Windischer. He's a serial provoker and an idiot. Don't take him seriously.

Loki
03-02-2014, 03:25 PM
The interesting thing is if Nato and EU is behind Ukraine, Russia could call of the BRICS nations which are Brazil, India, China and South Africa. I'm not sure what the implications for the BRICS countries are since it is only an economic agreement as far as I know.

This has the potential turn into WW3.

Not BRICS, but the SCO (Russia, China, Kazakhstan).

Windischer
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
glasses, you should ignore Windischer. He's a serial provoker and an idiot. Don't take him seriously.

:cool: :joker000:

Kazimiera
03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Not BRICS, but the SCO (Russia, China, Kazakhstan).

So BRICS is an economic pact, and the SCO is military?

glass
03-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization)
that is only countries Russia has defensive military alliance with. If any country is under attack others bound to join attacked country.
So, Kaz, you can sleep well :)

RussiaPrussia
03-02-2014, 04:06 PM
If i was Russia i would cut my aggression here and just maintain the position, as Crimea has a vote on sovereignty coming up, within 6 months it could be part of Russia.

they only have this vote on their sovereignty thanks to russian troop protecting this political process. Without them kiew would send armed forced killing people worse than what yanekowich did

Jackson
03-02-2014, 04:07 PM
they only have this vote on their sovereignty thanks to russian troop protecting this political process. Without them kiew would send armed forced killing people worse than what yanekowich did

How could you be sure of that? And anyway, Russia could always have mobilized then if there was a clear threat at that point, instead of now.

Windischer
03-02-2014, 04:07 PM

so you can see the future when looking into microwave oven?

Kazimiera
03-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization)
that is only countries Russia has defensive military alliance with. If any country is under attack others bound to join attacked country.
So, Kaz, you can sleep well :)

I would have slept well anyway. Nobody is interested in what happens here. Plus its too far away from Europe and far too expensive to send anyone or anything here.

Loki
03-02-2014, 04:24 PM
South Africa is a haven of peace :lol:

Loki
03-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Ukraine was "on the brink of disaster".

In Crimea, Ukrainian soldiers faced off with Russian soldiers surrounding their bases while the Russian army is said to be digging trenches on the border with mainland Ukraine.

US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned Russia could be ejected from the Group of Eight developed nations.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, he said, was "not going to have a Sochi G8, he may not even remain in the G8 if this continues," referring to a planned summit in Russia in June.

"He may find himself with asset freezes, on Russian business. American business may pull back, there may be a further tumble of the rouble.

"You just don't in the 21st Century behave in 19th Century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped-up pretext," Mr Kerry told the CBS program Face the Nation.

The UK has joined the US, France and Canada in suspending preparations for the Sochi summit.

Nato is conducting emergency talks, saying Russia's actions threaten "peace and security in Europe".

US President Barack Obama called Russian troop deployments a "violation of Ukrainian sovereignty".

Russian soldiers continue to occupy key sites on the Crimean peninsula, including airports and communications hubs, although there has been no actual violence and they have been openly welcomed by some sections of the population.

In the east Ukrainian city of Donetsk, apparent members of the disbanded elite police riot unit Berkut appeared in full uniform at a pro-Russian rally.

Meanwhile, Ukraine withdrew coast guard vessels from two ports in Crimea and moved them to other bases in the Black Sea and Sea of Azov.

A Ukrainian army base was surrounded by Russian troops at Perevalnoye, south of the Crimean regional capital Simferopol. An Orthodox priest has arrived in an attempt to mediate.

In Sevastopol, Ukrainian naval officers found their headquarters occupied by Russian troops and were unable to go to work.

Admiral Yuriy Ilyn, who was until recently commander of the Ukrainian navy and served briefly as head of Ukraine's armed forces under ousted President Viktor Yanukovych, told the BBC's Christian Fraser at the scene that the armed forces were "hostages of the situation".

In the eastern port city of Feodosia, a group of about 100 Ukrainian marines were also blockaded into their base by armed men demanding they pledge loyalty to the region's new pro-Russian authorities.

In the north of Crimea, at Armyansk on the Isthmus of Perekop, the BBC saw what appeared to be Russian soldiers digging trenches. The isthmus is strategically vital as it joins Crimea to the rest of Ukraine.

Russian ground troops have been active in Crimea - home to Russia's Black Sea Fleet - for the past few days.

On Saturday the newly elected pro-Moscow leader of Crimea, Sergiy Aksyonov, appealed to Mr Putin for help to ensure peace on the peninsula.

The interim government in Kiev does not recognise Mr Aksyonov and his government.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73313000/jpg/_73313036_b19c2306-df1b-42e8-9a8f-c3d1c504dca1.jpg
Ukrainian soldiers were surrounded by Russian troops at Perevalnoye, one of several stand-offs on the peninsula

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314822_021363164-1.jpg
Russian soldiers surrounded a Ukrainian base at Perevalnoye in Crimea

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314824_021363155-1.jpg
One pro-Russian family posed for photos with the soldiers

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314089_de01-1.jpg
Russian soldiers were apparently digging trenches on the strip of land joining Crimea to mainland Ukraine

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314826_021363227-1.jpg
Apparent members of Ukraine's disbanded riot unit, Berkut, turned out at a pro-Russian rally in the eastern city of Donetsk

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314828_021362856-1.jpg
A march was held in Moscow in support of President Putin's policy on Crimea and Ukraine

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73314000/jpg/_73314091_021361413-1.jpg
But there were small anti-war protests too. "Ukrainians - I am ashamed to be a Russian!" - placard of one protester arrested in Moscow

ALL
03-02-2014, 04:38 PM
It is EU responsibility to defend Ukraine's autonomy and politickal borders.

Russia invades a foreign, independent country. I wonder how Russophiles on TA will defend these unjust acts of violence? Do supporters of Russia also support the murder of innocent Slavic Ukrainians?
With name calling.With a good economy no amount of foreign money and influence can make people risk their lives in demonstrations. Only a idiot would post that conspiracy theory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7gk7qrFkk

NWO conspiracy.

portusaus
03-02-2014, 04:54 PM
I want the EU to fall, I want the federal government of the US to fall, but nobody wants war. Internal destabilization and nationalist activity is excellent, but the hooknosed elite must not be allowed to pit us against eachother once again for the benefit of filthy Levantine banksters. If there must be war, why must it be fought in Europe, with European lives being lost and European land being destroyed as a result? If conflict does happen I hope the fighting is mostly on US soil, these twerps need a wake-up call.

"If the international Jewish
financiers in and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations once
more into a world war, then the result will not be the bolshevization of the
earth, and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in
Europe!”

So BRICS is an economic pact, and the SCO is military?

CSTO is a military alliance formed after the fall of the USSR, there used to be more members than now but some states might join in the future such as Iran, Afghanistan, and Serbia.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articlePictures/CSTO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h4azrxf.png

Styrian Mujo
03-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I kinda hope there will be a war.

portusaus
03-02-2014, 05:09 PM

A war would strengthen ties between Europe and the US, and would extend the schism in between Europe and Russia/Belarus. This is very counterproductive. The US needs to mind their own godddamn business and Europe should be close to Russia rather than them. In addition to all of the death and destruction the war could cause (which would be particularly terrible because we need our strength to deport or destroy all foreigners from our countries) it would prolong this awful phase of history. Now, if Russia and their allies won the war, it would be good but there would be so much collateral damage of people that fight for the west simply because they're stupid that the whole thing would be too atrocious to ever be worth it. War can be useful, but this conflict would be unnecessary and terrible.

Why would you want innocent brave Europeans that are unfortunately stupid enough to serve their hooknosed elite fighting for them against Russia? It's awful for everyone involved that isn't making a load of money from it all or Jewish.

Kazimiera
03-02-2014, 05:15 PM
South Africa is a haven of peace :lol:

Compared to what is going on in Europe, Middle East, US, Far East, current Venezuela - yes. Most definitely.

Armand_Duval
03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Do you guys think that Ukrania has what it takes to match Russian army?.

Styrian Mujo
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
bump

Raven_
03-02-2014, 06:12 PM

I kinda hope someone will bomb your house.

Cheers.

Äijä
03-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Do you guys think that Ukrania has what it takes to match Russian army?.

Given the right preparation yes, but now very unlikely.

Ukraine could contest the East of Dniepr for some time, but taking back Crimea is almost impossible.

Äijä
03-02-2014, 08:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQC7_TNQPw#t=3972295

Are they going to war? Translate, this is live.