PDA

View Full Version : My prediction

Loki
03-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Eastern regions like Kharkiv will join the Russian Federation. This will be brokered between the United States and Russia. The Ukrainian Government will have no say in the matter. That way, peace can come to Ukraine.

Also, Ukraine desperately needs gas from Russia. Russia won't give it to them without ceding eastern Ukraine to Russia.

Petros Houhoulis
03-06-2014, 01:32 AM
My prediction is that nothing shall happen. The Nazis of Right sector shall be told to keep quiet or be shot on the spot, or else Ukraine shall get bankrupt and then the rest of the Ukrainians shall have to kill them with their bare hands. Germany plan to give a loan to Ukraine with the support of Russia, but they shall demand somebodys' head on the table... Actually, they shall demand many heads on the table. Probably Yulia shall be left behind to pick up the pieces, maybe Klitchko as well...

Loki
03-06-2014, 01:35 AM
My prediction is that nothing shall happen. The Nazis of Right sector shall be told to keep quiet or be shot on the spot, or else Ukraine shall get bankrupt and then the rest of the Ukrainians shall have to kill them with their bare hands. Germany plan to give a loan to Ukraine with the support of Russia, but they shall demand somebodys' head on the table... Actually, they shall demand many heads on the table. Probably Yulia shall be left behind to pick up the pieces, maybe Klitchko as well...

Respectfully disagree.

It's good to see you Petros :)

Tacitus
03-06-2014, 01:43 AM

Ha, I can totally see Yulia winning the election, taking a loan from Russia, and almost everything returning to status quo. The only thing that may change is Crimea either becoming independent ala Kosovo or rejoining Russia.

Loki
03-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Ha, I can totally see Yulia winning the election, taking a loan from Russia, and almost everything returning to status quo. The only thing that may change is Crimea either becoming independent ala Kosovo or rejoining Russia.

The big thing is no longer Crimea. It's eastern Ukraine like Kharkiv.

Tacitus
03-06-2014, 01:52 AM
The big thing is no longer Crimea. It's eastern Ukraine like Kharkiv.

Areas like Kharkiv and Donetsk aren't going anywhere unless they're annexed by force. A split of the country isn't completely inevitable, since all the major players involved have stressed that Ukraine ought to remain intact. But like I said before, Crimea might be the only piece that actually leaves.

Petros Houhoulis
03-06-2014, 02:03 AM
The Russians will give Crimea back after the Right sector gets banned or shot to extinction. Yulia or anybody else would certainly prefer to keep a very profitable region like Crimea instead of the Western part of Ukraine which has no tourism and is full of mountains. Perhaps the Right sector shall take over Galicia, but I doubt they have the means to do so... The European Union won't recognize an independent Galicia, especially since the NAZIs are also anti-E.U. - remember how Erbakan who called European Union "the devil" couldn't get the decision to have the welfare party unbanned in the European courts? - and everything shall return to normal - which is Yulia stealing the Ukrainian money!!! Only Klitchko could change something, but he is described as an idiot, so...

DeaththeKid
03-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Yeah I think Russia is realising it is too hard to keep Ukraine in it's sphere of influence so if it can't do that it may as well take what regions it can get and let the rest go. It will be interesting to see where the exact border is drawn, though I have heard some people say Western Ukraine would be a non-viable state without the industry of the east but I don't think that is necessarily true.

Honestly though I would like to see Russia get Kiev since it is important to Russian history. Lviv should be the capital of Western Ukraine.

Also if this happens it is only a matter of time until Belarus is integrated into the Russian Federation even if they are pro-Russian.

Petros Houhoulis
03-06-2014, 02:07 AM
The only ones who want Ukraine split are the Right sector. Every other entity, either international players or domestic parties of Ukraine prefer to keep Ukraine intact. Guess who wins...

Ultra
03-07-2014, 01:06 AM
ROSSIYA!

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 06:05 PM

As a presumable nazi sympathizer (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?117698-The-ex-Israeli-soldier-who-led-a-Kiev-fighting-unit) you should know that nazism thrives under bankruptcy of the state, since it creates despair, chaos and the population becomes more open to extreme ideas.

So following this logic one can assume that the Ukrainian nazi's are interested in Ukraine defaulting on its debt.

And for the rest: no loans or grants can save Ukraine, unless they come from bottomless pockets of Putin. Europe can not possibly give enough to stabilize Ukraine, since the country will demand more and more, same thing as Greece has done over the years actualy, only Ukraine is in a bigger economical mess than even Greece.

I would never give a penny to Ukraine, I can't imagine a poorer investment. The odds to see that money back are nearly nihil.

The Russians will give Crimea back after the Right sector gets banned or shot to extinction. Yulia or anybody else would certainly prefer to keep a very profitable region like Crimea instead of the Western part of Ukraine which has no tourism and is full of mountains. Perhaps the Right sector shall take over Galicia, but I doubt they have the means to do so... The European Union won't recognize an independent Galicia, especially since the NAZIs are also anti-E.U. - remember how Erbakan who called European Union "the devil" couldn't get the decision to have the welfare party unbanned in the European courts? - and everything shall return to normal - which is Yulia stealing the Ukrainian money!!! Only Klitchko could change something, but he is described as an idiot, so...

:picard1:

Crimea is not a profitable region, its a money losing region. God you keep pulling things from your ass. Unreal.

Loki
03-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Areas like Kharkiv and Donetsk aren't going anywhere unless they're annexed by force. A split of the country isn't completely inevitable, since all the major players involved have stressed that Ukraine ought to remain intact. But like I said before, Crimea might be the only piece that actually leaves.

Kiev has already lost support in Kharkiv and Donetsk. It is actually a grassroots support, with no intervention from Russia. Ethnic Russians live there.

Loki
03-07-2014, 06:11 PM

Crimea is not a profitable region, its a money losing region. God you keep pulling things from your ass. Unreal.

Crimea is richer than the rest of Ukraine.

Loki
03-07-2014, 06:13 PM
And for the rest: no loans or grants can save Ukraine, unless they come from bottomless pockets of Putin.

This. It remains Putin's most powerful bargaining chip, not his military.

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Crimea is richer than the rest of Ukraine.

Crimea requires donations from the center. It could be that average GDP/capita is higher in Crimea than in the rest of Ukraine, yet Crimea cost money to the country.

This. It remains Putin's most powerful bargaining chip, not his military.

For this very reason I would give all of Ukraine to Russia. Let Putin pay for it, and not us. All of the Ukrainians I have spoken to want to be a part of Russia anyway, so let them have it. Declaimer: I have only spoken to Eastern Ukrainians.

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Btw I posted yesterday or so that Crimea can flourish with proper investments, it has a subtropical climate and can compete with Turkey and Southern Europe for the endless stream of Russian tourists. It would be easy to market it, in Soviet times Crimea has been loved and adored all over ex USSR. Memories of holiday in Crimea are still alive, and once the proper infrastructure has been built, an easy marketing campaign can fill the hotels to capacity.

Äijä
03-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Crimea requires donations from the center. It could be that average GDP/capita is higher in Crimea than in the rest of Ukraine, yet Crimea cost money to the country.

For this very reason I would give all of Ukraine to Russia. Let Putin pay for it, and not us. All of the Ukrainians I have spoken to want to be a part of Russia anyway, so let them have it. Declaimer: I have only spoken to Eastern Ukrainians.

Good if the people are happy but in the big game this is not only about them, this is the first step and others will follow.

Äijä
03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Btw I posted yesterday or so that Crimea can flourish with proper investments, it has a subtropical climate and can compete with Turkey and Southern Europe for the endless stream of Russian tourists. It would be easy to market it, in Soviet times Crimea has been loved and adored all over ex USSR. Memories of holiday in Crimea are still alive, and once the proper infrastructure has been built, an easy marketing campaign can fill the hotels to capacity.

If you set up an hotel for retirement I promise to come for support. :cool:

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 06:35 PM
If you set up an hotel for retirement I promise to come for support. :cool:

pay now, come later ;)

I accept credit cards (Loki dont worry, as the owner of the site you get a % of the deal which was closed here :D), wire transfers, checks, cash... gold etc.

Loki
03-07-2014, 07:01 PM

Russia has a lot more money than impoverished Kiev. It will thrive with Russian cash.

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Russia has a lot more money than impoverished Kiev. It will thrive with Russian cash.

I have no doubt about it, I spent like a month a year in Crimea during my childhood, by far the best memories of my childhood lead back to Crimea..

Take a look, it has all it needs to compete with south of Europe for tourists.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B 0+%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%BC%D0%B0&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aCcaU9fkGKG_ygO_toLACg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979

RussiaPrussia
03-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I have no doubt about it, I spent like a month a year in Crimea during my childhood, by far the best memories of my childhood lead back to Crimea..

https://www.google.com/search?q=%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B 0+%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%BC%D0%B0&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aCcaU9fkGKG_ygO_toLACg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei9SRuXx3Xo

crimea makes also great wine

Kiyant
03-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Maybe my relative will go and live in Crimea now (he escaped from Kiev when the Maidan protrts happened because he is a Russian citizen)

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM
crimea makes also great wine

emmn no it doesn't. their wines are horrible. go to a russian shop in germany and buy crimean sparkling wine, its quite horrible

Kiyant
03-07-2014, 08:49 PM
emmn no it doesn't. their wines are horrible. go to a russian shop in germany and buy crimean sparkling wine, its quite horrible

I drank Achmatov one time and it tasted like piss............

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I drank Achmatov one time and it tasted like piss............

sorry but what about Islam :\ ? I had to ask that..

Kiyant
03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
sorry but what about Islam :\ ? I had to ask that..

Islam? I said Achmatov its an Ukrainian wodka in Germany

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Islam? I said Achmatov its an Ukrainian wodka in Germany

yes, and drinking vodka is a part of the islamic tradition I presume..

Kiyant
03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
yes, and drinking vodka is a part of the islamic tradition I presume..

I dont drink much and to be true im quite like a Tatar in Russia about religion (i only go to the mosque on a religious holiday/i dont eat pork)
Drinking isnt an islamic tradition but that didnt stop the Turkics to drink

Acquisitor
03-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I dont drink much and to be true im quite like a Tatar in Russia about religion (i only go to the mosque on a religious holiday/i dont eat pork)
Drinking isnt an islamic tradition but that didnt stop the Turkics to drink

I always thought that any intake of alcohol was haram for every muslim; ok thanks for answering.

Kiyant
03-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I always thought that any intake of alcohol was haram for every muslim; ok thanks for answering.

To be drunk is haram but not to drink (its something like if you are drunk your prayers will be left unanswered for 24 hours) except of some crazy arabs everyone in the islamic world drinks alcohol

Petros Houhoulis
03-08-2014, 06:07 AM
As a presumable nazi sympathizer (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?117698-The-ex-Israeli-soldier-who-led-a-Kiev-fighting-unit) you should know that nazism thrives under bankruptcy of the state, since it creates despair, chaos and the population becomes more open to extreme ideas.

You'd rather call your arse a NAZI sympathizer. I didn't support Golden Dawn in Greece, and I have no intention to support the NAZIs in Ukraine as the local Jews do.

So following this logic one can assume that the Ukrainian nazi's are interested in Ukraine defaulting on its debt.

And for the rest: no loans or grants can save Ukraine, unless they come from bottomless pockets of Putin. Europe can not possibly give enough to stabilize Ukraine, since the country will demand more and more, same thing as Greece has done over the years actualy, only Ukraine is in a bigger economical mess than even Greece.

I would never give a penny to Ukraine, I can't imagine a poorer investment. The odds to see that money back are nearly nihil.

You wouldn't give a penny to your own mother, and certainly not to Ukraine. I can't blame you, despite my aversion to your Shylok manners I do agree that Ukraine is a lost cause for the European Union, at least in the short term.

Crimea is the only region which can attract money because of tourism, and if it is losing money, it is because - hell - all of Ukraine is losing money!!! I bet that Crimea fares far better than the rest of Ukraine though.

Actually Crimea should have been making money if the money from the lease of the bases of the Russian fleet were going straight to its' budget instead of the Ukrainian budget, but I guess you have lost a few details in the process...

Petros Houhoulis
03-08-2014, 06:10 AM
To be drunk is haram but not to drink (its something like if you are drunk your prayers will be left unanswered for 24 hours) except of some crazy arabs everyone in the islamic world drinks alcohol

Just for your info, the standards of the Islamic faith have been set by the Arabs, and their creed is probably the purest one...

Hweinlant
03-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Eastern regions like Kharkiv will join the Russian Federation. This will be brokered between the United States and Russia. The Ukrainian Government will have no say in the matter. That way, peace can come to Ukraine.

Also, Ukraine desperately needs gas from Russia. Russia won't give it to them without ceding eastern Ukraine to Russia.

My prediction for next 24 months regarding the topic is:
1. Crimea will remain part of Ukraine, with very large autonomy de jure but practically part of Russia and Russian military presence de facto. Something of a semi-frozen conflict, poisoning relations of the two countries.

2. Russia will not invade the eastern Ukraine, the share of Pro-Russia people is not big enough. It wont pay off.

3. Finland and Sweden will join NATO. Russia gets 1.400km's on new NATO land-border and Baltic sea will be technically NATO-sea. This will make Crimea even more important for Russia.

4. EU countries start to minimize the gas purchases from Gazprom, this will happen gradually. There will be no more EU-Russia energy projects (ala South Stream). LNG terminals start to pop-up all around Europe. USA will be energy exporter once again.

5. Ukraine will remain as gray area between EU and Russia, trying to harmonize legislation with EU but constantly sabotaged by Russia. There will be huge intra-Slavic propaganda war, mud shall be flying.

6. United States will switch some of military focus away from Asia and back to Europe. This includes help for Ukraine, but it's going to be bilateral (ie. non-NATO).

7. EU will start looking into mutual defense outside of NATO scope. This will lead into re-militarization of Europe but under some sort of EU treaty.

8. Russian economy has 0 or negative growth period for many years.

9. Russia's Eurasian partners (Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan) will start to look towards China and away from Russia. Russia's pretext to protect "Russian speakers" does not make them smile, not at all.

Longbowman
03-13-2014, 11:57 PM

Lovely thoughts. But Westerners aren't going to go to Crimea for the same reason they aren't going to go to Burma. Still, could do well off Russia.

LightHouse89
03-13-2014, 11:59 PM
the nazis should take over and hopefully this belief system spreads to every corner of the globe! please liberate America from this horrible government ahem Regime. No more DemoCoons!

LightHouse89
03-14-2014, 12:03 AM

yes I read somewhere arabs prefer vodka or whiskey. anyway as for the crazy arabs just slip them some moonshine they will come down or end up so drunk they wont be able to stand.......its very potent :thumb001: I got drunk off ten sips of blue berry moonshine afew weeks ago. Its best when illegally made too not store bought. Even store bought is 100 proof hahahahaha

Acquisitor
03-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Lovely thoughts. But Westerners aren't going to go to Crimea for the same reason they aren't going to go to Burma. Still, could do well off Russia.

ofc the region will appeal mostly to russian tourists. Westerners will not go to Crimea you are right, just as Westerners generally prefer to avoid hotels in Turkey etc with too many russians..

Yaroslav
03-14-2014, 07:55 PM
I agree, except for the part that the West will accept Russia's annexation. You are an ignorant man for speaking such utter folly.

Longbowman
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
ofc the region will appeal mostly to russian tourists. Westerners will not go to Crimea you are right, just as Westerners generally prefer to avoid hotels in Turkey etc with too many russians..

Precisely. I think the area, lovely though it may well be, has a very limited target demographic and cannot base its economy on tourism.

Acquisitor
03-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Precisely. I think the area, lovely though it may well be, has a very limited target demographic and cannot base its economy on tourism.

I have no idea about the economy of the area, too lazy to research the subject, but its position is not bad. It can easily attract a couple of millions of tourists a year, or maybe even more. + It has the sea of course and could function as a major Russian port in the future. Just saying something here.. Also, Russia can easily afford such a small region which heavily depends on money transfers from the center. I think Crimea will be showered with money to keep the population happy and confirming the idea that becoming a part of Russia was a good decision.

Longbowman
03-14-2014, 09:04 PM
I have no idea about the economy of the area, too lazy to research the subject, but its position is not bad. It can easily attract a couple of millions of tourists a year, or maybe even more. + It has the sea of course and could function as a major Russian port in the future. Just saying something here.. Also, Russia can easily afford such a small region which heavily depends on money transfers from the center. I think Crimea will be showered with money to keep the population happy and confirming the idea that becoming a part of Russia was a good decision.

I agree with that last part. Shipping is a possibility too. But two million tourists for two million people? Not good enough.

Acquisitor
03-14-2014, 09:11 PM
I agree with that last part. Shipping is a possibility too. But two million tourists for two million people? Not good enough.

could be more than 2m btw. You see, the memories of holiday in Crimea are very very much alive in Russia. As I said, it was one of the two places for the entire USSR to go to a subtropic climate and more or less acceptable sea. It would be ridiculously easy to market the place in Russia. Something like "Crimea is back, we are waiting for you". People would simply go there out of nostalgia. Of course it would need serious investments first but it will happen for sure.

Longbowman
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
could be more than 2m btw. You see, the memories of holiday in Crimea are very very much alive in Russia. As I said, it was one of the two places for the entire USSR to go to a subtropic climate and more or less acceptable sea. It would be ridiculously easy to market the place in Russia. Something like "Crimea is back, we are waiting for you". People would simply go there out of nostalgia. Of course it would need serious investments first but it will happen for sure.

I'll believe it when I see it. It'll also - like Chechnya - have a lot of tensions. I can't see people flocking there.

Acquisitor
03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. It'll also - like Chechnya - have a lot of tensions. I can't see people flocking there.

Money solves many problems, including tensions. Poverty creates tensions and money solves it.

glass
03-15-2014, 05:17 AM
international tourism spenders (http://dtxtq4w60xqpw.cloudfront.net/sites/all/files/pdf/tsen_0.pdf)

Acquisitor
03-15-2014, 09:40 AM
international tourism spenders (http://dtxtq4w60xqpw.cloudfront.net/sites/all/files/pdf/tsen_0.pdf)

so ? who says that rich folks will go to Crimea ?

RandoBloom
03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
I just love how those Tsar Slavdom Orthodoxy types are selling one of the slavic countries for interests of Russia.
I guess no slavic country should seek its future independently, but rather as a puppet/substate of Russia

I also love how some say how certain opinionated people should be executed or exterminated, for no other reason than wanting non-Russia dominated Ukraine

And then compare Crimea to Kosovo even though no one in Crimea is executing, persecuting or exterminating Russians.
Then the Russia says how Ukrainians are anti-semitic nazis ruled by international jewry :laugh:

glass
03-15-2014, 10:19 AM
so ? who says that rich folks will go to Crimea ?
This limited target demographic is actually worth many many billions. Crimea easily base its economy on tourism even if only russians will visit this place. If they build proper infrastructure and able to provide proper services.
Crimea would not compete for rich, but there are tens millions ordinary people who might spend their holidays in Crimea

Acquisitor
03-15-2014, 10:20 AM
This limited target demographic is actually worth many many billions. Crimea easily base its economy on tourism even if only russians will visit this place. If they build proper infrastructure and able to provide proper services.
Crimea would not compete for rich, but there are tens millions ordinary people who might spend their holidays in Crimea

Turkey and Egypt maybe, but I dont see how Crimea could compete with Italy, South of France and Spain.

RandoBloom
03-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Doing what on Crimea?

glass
03-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Turkey and Egypt maybe, but I dont see how Crimea could compete with Italy, South of France and Spain.
Turkey and Egypt are cheap countries for trashy people, those would never go to Crimea. Spain is just slightly better Turkey.
Crimea can attract those who travel on their own. There are a lot thing to see in Crimea in addition to banal beaches. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A2%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BC_%D0%B2_%D0%9A %D1%80%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%83

Acquisitor
03-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Turkey and Egypt are cheap countries for trashy people, those would never go to Crimea. Spain is just slightly better Turkey.
Crimea can attract those who travel on their own. There are a lot thing to see in Crimea in addition to banal beaches.

Spain is not just slightly better than Turkey. A typical 4 star Spanish hotel is much better than a typical Turkish 5 stars hotel. Also Spain offers much better shopping than Turkey.

Crimea has one major flow: the Black sea is rather shitty, cold, dirty, filled with jellyfish and plants. I spent a lot of time there and I remember the sea quite well.

glass
03-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Spain is not just slightly better than Turkey. A typical 4 star Spanish hotel is much better than a typical Turkish 5 stars hotel. Also Spain offers much better shopping than Turkey.
That is true, but my main point was Spain is mostly for those people who wants "turkish" type holidays (beach, shops + some landmarks to visit) but can not stand turks and arabs and some their customs. Crimea would not attract such people.

filled with jellyfish and plants.
True but that is mostly Krasnodar/Sochi problem. Also another downside of Crimea is beachs, most of them made of stones and pebbles.

Crimea is not beach/shoping destination, it is good place to visit, walk around etc. Many of those who travel on their own across Europe or only Russia would visit Crimea. With proper managemnt this region can feed itself, there is oil field in Crimea as well.

Longbowman
03-15-2014, 02:45 PM

You aren't going to get any non-Russians and even then not many will want to come to a quasi-war-zone, regardless of how wealthy Germany might be.

Acquisitor
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
You aren't going to get any non-Russians and even then not many will want to come to a quasi-war-zone, regardless of how wealthy Germany might be.

I think his point was that Russians spend a lot when they travel. Which is also true unless they travel to shitty countries like Egypt and Turkey where they spend their holiday inside of "5 star" hotels and poison their mind and bodies with cheap "all in" alcohol.

Hweinlant
08-08-2014, 08:37 PM
My prediction for next 24 months regarding the topic is:
1. Crimea will remain part of Ukraine, with very large autonomy de jure but practically part of Russia and Russian military presence de facto. Something of a semi-frozen conflict, poisoning relations of the two countries.

2. Russia will not invade the eastern Ukraine, the share of Pro-Russia people is not big enough. It wont pay off.

3. Finland and Sweden will join NATO. Russia gets 1.400km's on new NATO land-border and Baltic sea will be technically NATO-sea. This will make Crimea even more important for Russia.

4. EU countries start to minimize the gas purchases from Gazprom, this will happen gradually. There will be no more EU-Russia energy projects (ala South Stream). LNG terminals start to pop-up all around Europe. USA will be energy exporter once again.

5. Ukraine will remain as gray area between EU and Russia, trying to harmonize legislation with EU but constantly sabotaged by Russia. There will be huge intra-Slavic propaganda war, mud shall be flying.

6. United States will switch some of military focus away from Asia and back to Europe. This includes help for Ukraine, but it's going to be bilateral (ie. non-NATO).

7. EU will start looking into mutual defense outside of NATO scope. This will lead into re-militarization of Europe but under some sort of EU treaty.

8. Russian economy has 0 or negative growth period for many years.

9. Russia's Eurasian partners (Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan) will start to look towards China and away from Russia. Russia's pretext to protect "Russian speakers" does not make them smile, not at all.

Yep, predictions :D

The.Mask
08-10-2014, 01:41 AM
My prediction : Ukrainian army win and when the retake the control of Eastern Ukraine, They'll try to retake Crimea and there goes the real Russo-Ukrainian war.

armenianbodyhair
08-10-2014, 01:48 AM
My prediction : Ukrainian army win and when the retake the control of Eastern Ukraine, They'll try to retake Crimea and there goes the real Russo-Ukrainian war.

That would play in Putin's favor, I don't think they'd be thick enough to attempt something like that. I'm not sure what will happen with Eastern Ukraine, but I think Putin is an excellent political strategist and has a lot of stake in this.

The.Mask
08-10-2014, 01:50 AM
That would play in Putin's favor, I don't think they'd be thick enough to attempt something like that. I'm not sure what will happen with Eastern Ukraine, but I think Putin is an excellent political strategist and has a lot of stake in this.

This is what is waiting for Putin.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/ukraine-51.jpg?w=940&h=1053

armenianbodyhair
08-10-2014, 01:53 AM
This is what is waiting for Putin.

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/ukraine-51.jpg?w=940&h=1053

That doesn't even look intimidating to me, I doubt it looks intimidating to him. I think if Ukraine gets control over Eastern Ukraine they should stop there for the good of everyone, most of all their own, and I think they know that.