Lulletje Rozewater
12-21-2009, 09:02 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/t9uo77.jpg

Lulletje Rozewater
12-21-2009, 09:04 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/11raohs.jpg

Agrippa
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
It also shows what I try to point out every time possible, namely that positive cultural and biological evolution in humans is almost directly related to the energy input and selective regime at work.

If taking away the energy, you downgrade every group of people from the highest to the lowest levels in a very short span of time. All cases of famines prove that.

Therefore the people, ethnoracial or social groups of any kind, coming under massive pressure due to low energy levels, nutritional deficits in particular, begin to degenerate.
In many parts of the world, the biodynamic processes led in the past and sometimes to this day to a dynamic in which more progressive, culturally and biologically evolved, numerous and stronger people pushed the weaker and less developed ones in very unfavourable areas, which became their last refuge.

The Kalahari for the Sanids, the Outback for Australids, some isolated islands for Palaemelanesids, jungle for various kind of primitive people like the Bambutids (Pygmies of Africa) etc.

They all were already "losers" before, but once being pushed further and further into dependence or "areas of refuge" others didnt wanted, they had to adapt to the deficiencies, leading to reduction of their physique and culture equally.

So to sum it up, a positive selective pressure, a certain challenge is good for the racial and cultural development, BUT it must be always possible, with higher investment and input, to produce an energy surplus, if thats not the case, we see degenerative and one sided saving trends, like present with reduction-infantilisation throughout the world, be it for poor farmers or subdominant hunter-gatherers.

By taking away the food, the energy needed to live on healthy, you first destroy the state and higher communities, than the religion, than the families and in the end the individuals.

By simply taking away the food, you can downgrade the highest culture on Earth in a minimal amount of time to something on the level of Chimpanzees or lower, with mothers eating their children or letting them die, Cannibalism appears, relatives stealing and robbing each other, people getting indifferent, pitiless to all and everything...

Its in a way similar to what hard drugs can make out of an addict, probably even worse.

The article describes the deprivation and end of reciprocity, essential to healthy, well developed communities with a higher culture, unlike that what some Neoliberals think about - its the end of development as such and its usually just the "survival mode" for a limited time, until the conditions become better again or the people die off.

Lulletje Rozewater
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
The article describes the deprivation and end of reciprocity, essential to healthy, well developed communities with a higher culture, unlike that what some Neoliberals think about - its the end of development as such and its usually just the "survival mode" for a limited time, until the conditions become better again or the people die off.

What you describe is precisely what happened 15 years later.They were in a "survival mode",but their bodies and mental attitudes ready for death.
I have not kept up with this tribe.

I saw and experienced the same with the San in Botswana and I heard that the Botswana government has or is in the process relocating them.