PDA

View Full Version : Peru's Human Grease Murders

Eldritch
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
The first bottle—the one with the Inca Kola label still affixed—was filled with something thick and yellow-brown. The other bottle contained a dark fluid and some grainy bits. An evidence table had been carefully arranged for the cameras by the Peruvian National Police: The pair of one-liter soda bottles, a half-dozen small canisters, some coils of safety fuse, and a few sticks of dynamite—each labeled with display cards in block print. Gen. Eusebio Félix Murga, director of Peru's criminal investigations unit, balled his hand into a fist as he spoke to the gathered crowd. "We have broken up a criminal gang," he said, "which traffics human fat."

Three suspects were in custody; at least one had confessed. Police said the gang had been operating out of the highland jungle region of Huánuco, about 160 miles from Lima. There they would confront strangers on country roads and lure them into the jungle with the promise of employment. In a remote makeshift laboratory, a victim would be bludgeoned to death, his head and limbs hacked off with a machete, and his eviscerated torso hung from metal hooks. Votive candles warmed his abdominal flesh from below, so its rendered fat would drip through a funnel and collect in a basin on the floor. Reporters at the Nov. 19 press conference were shown a sketch of how all of this was supposed to work.

There was video footage, too. Twenty-nine-year-old Elmer Segundo Castillejos, who had been arrested a few weeks earlier at a bus station in Lima, was leading a column of police officers through a valley of coca plants. Gesturing with his cuffed hands, he points them to a trove of human remains—ribs, thigh bones, and the decomposing head of Abel Matos Aranda, who'd been murdered somewhere in the Andes in September.

Full story here. (http://www.slate.com/id/2239003/) Also includes links and video.

Absinthe
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Does anyone else here find the thought of an "Inca Kola" bottle containing human fat, worthy of a sinister laughter? :D

Eldritch
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I myself couldn't help wondering if Inca Kola just might still contain some real coca essence. I remember Bolivian Coke tasting much better than Coke just about anywhere else in the world. ;)

nisse
12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Castillejos and his buddies claimed to be getting $15,000 for each bottle of human grease, from a pair of Italian Mafiosi serving as intermediaries to the European cosmetics industry. According to the police, the material was being used for a line of skin-softeners.
:bullet puke
Are they serious? Who would want that on their face and what could possibly be the benefit?:confused: No wonder it was a hoax.

SwordoftheVistula
12-24-2009, 01:46 AM
'Fight Club' comes to life :thumb001:

Bender
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
:bullet puke
Are they serious? Who would want that on their face and what could possibly be the benefit?:confused: No wonder it was a hoax.

Not so strange. In 1912, in Barcelona, for example, a woman called Enriqueta Martí ( the Vampiress of Barcelona) was arrested because she retained some kiddnaped children and extracted the grease and the blood murdering the childs. She sold the grease to some important people of the nobility and the upper social class of the city, because in this time some people believed that the grease and blood of the children was useful to cure illness like tuberculosis or others, but the subsequent investigation never told the name of the purchasers, the scandal could be enormous.

The link is the only avaible information in english I have found:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriqueta_Mart%C3%AD

Also, when in Spain the first railway was constructed in the 1840's, some children dissapeared. The fact is that the vox populi believed that the saginers (from old catalan sagí, grease) kidnapped the children and used the grease to lubricate the machines.

Eldritch
12-31-2009, 07:16 AM
The link is the only avaible information in english I have found:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriqueta_Mart%C3%AD

Jeez, I wonder why no Spanish filmmaker has picked up this gruesome story yet.