PDA

View Full Version : Japan: Hundreds pray to giant penises...and eat little ones

RussiaPrussia
03-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Hundreds of people worshipped the phallus at the Honen Matsuri Festival, also known as the Penis Festival, in Tagata Shrine in Komaki, Saturday. Honen Matsuri is a fertility festival, which it is believed, increases the fertility of both men and women who attend, whilst also boosting health to mothers and babies.

Many souvenirs in the shape of penis are available to the visitors, including penis-shaped lollipops and ice-cream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbOFNkfae4c

Dandelion
03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Worshiping phallic symbols has been present in most cultures for centuries. Japan seems to still honour such fertility rites. :p

Astronaut
03-16-2014, 04:22 PM
very common in india too...here it's called shivratri puja

http://www.puja.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lingam1.jpg

Methusalem
03-16-2014, 04:27 PM
lol so fucking retarded.

Óttar
03-16-2014, 05:17 PM
The Romans practiced such things and had depictions of phalli EVERYWHERE in ancient Rome. Some rural communities in modern Greece celebrate the same kind of festival (with men bearing large phallic statues.)

zhaoyun
03-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Many cultures have such phallic centered ceremonies or traditions. That'd probably be good place to pick up some fine Japanese hunnies. lol

zhaoyun
03-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Hey baby, why dont we go back to my temple lol

Prisoner Of Ice
03-17-2014, 01:11 AM
The Romans practiced such things and had depictions of phalli EVERYWHERE in ancient Rome. Some rural communities in modern Greece celebrate the same kind of festival (with men bearing large phallic statues.)

Romans and athenians both loved putting pictures of cocks on things, and put big ones as mile markers.

The older greeks did not like that stuff. It actually seems to be hamitic in origin. That is when southern europe started to swart up.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Worshiping phallic symbols has been present in most cultures for centuries. Japan seems to still honour such fertility rites. :p

The difference is that the Japanese do not take it seriously, this is more a kitschy amusement for them, but they keep it up because its an entertaining tradition and it draws tourists.

Dandelion
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
The difference is that the Japanese do not take it seriously, this is more a kitschy amusement for them, but they keep it up because its an entertaining tradition and it draws tourists.

Yeah, I also have that impression, but it's nothing I hold against them. It's amusing for them on a college part level. I don't get the downvotes on YT neither, some people are too serious.