PDA

View Full Version : Mongoloid Northeast Indians face severe daily racism and harrassment

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 06:43 AM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/blog/blog-you-bloody-chinky-we-hear-this-everyday-479217

Binalakshmi Nepram is a writer and activist. She is the founder of Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network (MWGSN).

She met with Rahul Gandhi yesterday and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today to demand justice for Nido Taniam, the 20-year-old who died after he was beaten up by a group of men at a South Delhi market.

This is Binalakshmi's blog (as told to ndtv.com).

Nido was a victim of racial profiling. A lot of young boys and girls are victims - everyday. I'm a victim myself. Just now, I was waiting for an auto-rickshaw and 6-7 empty autos went by without stopping for me. There are many, many cases but they are not reported. We are called 'Nepali dhanda karne wale, you bloody chinki'. Has a person from Kashmir or Chennai ever been beaten to death in Delhi? Delhi, unfortunately is the worst. So many kids come here from the North East for higher education and this is the kind of discrimination they have to face every day.

We met yesterday (Monday) with Mr Rahul Gandhi. He was very upset and assured us that there would be a committee like the Justice Verma Committee that was constituted after the Delhi gang-rape to look into Nido's case. He also admitted that this was a case of racial discrimination. Mr Kejriwal joined us in our protests at Jantar Mantar today.

When we met Mr Kejriwal yesterday, we advised him to form a special committee - on the lines of the Justice Mehra committee - only for Delhi and the National Capital Region. He liked the idea. The Delhi government has to ensure this happens and look at different cases of racial discrimination.

60% of the North Eastern kids who leave their hometowns are in Delhi. The Delhi Education Minister should ensure that the culture, tradition of the North East is a part of the curriculum of Delhi schools so that there is no prejudice...so we are not looked at as aliens.

A helpline which was launched some years ago to receive calls for help from North Eastern students doesn't work at all. It is manned by the Delhi Police and the Delhi police itself is biased. Most of the policemen are from Haryana - they are extremely racist. It would help if the Delhi Police recruited some people from the North East.

The government must focus on the formation of an anti-racial, anti-discrimination law. We don't have anything of the sort at the moment. And we need a special fast-track court to try these hate crimes.

In Delhi, we face violence, sexual assault. There is verbal abuse and taunting. It is rampant, it happens at every moment.

There is a fear psychosis in the minds of many young people who study or work in Delhi. We tell them only cowards indulge in this kind of racial discrimination. Delhi doesn't belong to a single community. We have requested the Ministry of Home Affairs to tighten security.

This is my message to youngsters from North Eastern states living in Delhi. This city is as much as yours as it is of other citizens. Only cowards do these kind of racial attacks. Please do not be scared or intimidated. Cases are being solved. Delhi belongs to everyone.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this blog are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.

Neanderthal
03-17-2014, 06:54 AM
I will help them.

GrebluBro
03-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I support them joining China...

How about Eurasian Uyghur (Xinjiang) people in North-West China?

Astronaut
03-17-2014, 07:10 AM
This is largely limited to that backward dump called North India and that crime capital Delhi.Other regions are not like that..

Astronaut
03-17-2014, 07:13 AM
I support them joining China...

Do you realize the potential implications of what you wrote? In that case India would cease to exist.

BTW north East Indians are not related to the Chinese.North East Indians belong to the tibeto-burmese stock and even though they are of the mongloidic race,still then they are culturally more closer to India than they are to China.

GrebluBro
03-17-2014, 07:25 AM
they are culturally more closer to India than they are to China.

This is largely limited to that backward dump called North India and that crime capital Delhi.Other regions are not like that..

I agree with these..

People from some parts of North India think being racist/thug (relatively more comparing to the rest of India) is cool... :picard2:

I know one North-East Indian girl who got a brown skin with Chinky eyes..she stick out, but very Indian in her way of life.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 01:34 PM
I agree with these..

People from some parts of North India think being racist/thug (relatively more comparing to the rest of India) is cool... :picard2:

I know one North-East Indian girl who got a brown skin with Chinky eyes..she stick out, but very Indian in her way of life.

Your speech is indicative of why they receive daily harrassment in your country. I mean, you are probably part of the upper class in India and you are receiving a college education, yet, you still use racially derogatory terms and you even ignorantly label them as Chinese (even though they are supposed to be your countryman). If someone like you has this type of behavior/attitude, just imagine what the type of attitude is for the ignorant and impoverished man on the street in India. No wonder they face so much racism/physical harrassment.

These people are not Chinese, in fact, I've seen many photos of NE Chinese, they cannot pass as Han Chinese, they are too dark skinned, and their features are more related to Burmese and Thai people than Chinese. Their culture has nothing to do with China.

But it is quite sad that they receive so much harrassment on a daily basis based on their physical features alone.

Peikko
03-17-2014, 01:37 PM
If there was an Indian minority in China, they would probably get the same treatment.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 01:46 PM
If there was an Indian minority in China, they would probably get the same treatment.

No they wouldnt. They would not be subject to constant physical harrassment. Although they will likely be looked down upon.

Peikko
03-17-2014, 02:22 PM
No they wouldnt. They would not be subject to constant physical harrassment. Although they will likely be looked down upon.
There is some serious harassment of people in Tibet all the time.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 02:24 PM
There is some serious harassment of people in Tibet all the time.

There is political repression in Tibet. Tibetans who go to cities on the east, the Han Chinese cities, are not subject to constant racial harrassment on the street or physical violence. In fact, it's the other way around. It is far more prevalent for Tibetans and Uighurs to commit violence against Han Chinese than it is the other way. Although I do not agree with the political repression in Tibet and Xinjiang.

Selurong
03-17-2014, 02:31 PM
zhaoyun, all Indians are racist to each other, not only to the Sino looking Indian.

The light skinned Indian is racist to the dark skinned Indian; the Hindu Indian is racist to the Muslim Indian.

They are even discriminatory to the other persons who do not belong to their same ethno-linguistic group, even if they have the same skin color.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 02:36 PM
zhaoyun, all Indians are racist to each other, not only to the Sino looking Indian.

The light skinned Indian is racist to the dark skinned Indian; the Hindu Indian is racist to the Muslim Indian.

They are even discriminatory to the other persons who do not belong to their same ethno-linguistic group, even if they have the same skin color.

While that is true, this case is of special interest to me because I am Asian and also because I've noticed Indians especially like to make fun of Asian physical features which has been the case on this forum as well as other parts of the internet (butlerking, the one who started the thread bashing Asian women, is Punjabi BTW), and researching that led me to these issues that confirm the type of harrassment/violence these NE Indians face on a regular basis.

Selurong
03-17-2014, 02:56 PM
While that is true, this case is of special interest to me because I am Asian and also because I've noticed Indians especially like to make fun of Asian physical features which has been the case on this forum as well as other parts of the internet (butlerking, the one who started the thread bashing Asian women, is Punjabi BTW), and researching that led me to these issues that confirm the type of harrassment/violence these NE Indians face on a regular basis.

What a bunch of retards those kinds of Indians are. If you happen to go to the melting pot Southeast Asian countries; you'll find that the Indians are looked down upon by everyone. They're plantation workers in Malaysia, unruly rioters in Singapore, 5-6 Loan shark peddlers in the Philippines and in Dubai, they are known as low skilled house cleaners or construction workers. The only place outside America where Indians are respected are in South Africa were they form the colored class between the Whites and the Negro masses.

There was a time when Indians were respected in Southeast Asia, as Priest-Advisers to the Indianized kingdoms there or downright founders of Hindu dynasties...

But those days are over and now everyone remembers them as rioters or loan sharks.

The next time they make fun of Asian features, tell those good little Sepoy pawns that even though in America they are respected, they are looked down upon everywhere else; everyone from Dubai to Manila has had an Indian housemaid or a scantily paid half-starved Indian construction worker.

zhaoyun
03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
What a bunch of retards those kinds of Indians are. If you happen to go to the melting pot Southeast Asian countries; you'll find that the Indians are looked down upon by everyone. They're plantation workers in Malaysia, unruly rioters in Singapore and 5-6 Loan shark peddlers in the Philippines and even in Dubai, they are known as low skilled house cleaners or construction workers.

There was a time when Indians were respected in Southeast Asia, as Priest-Advisers to the Indianized kingdoms there or downright founders of Hindu dynasties...

But those days are over and now everyone remembers them as rioters or loan sharks.

The next time they make fun of Asian features, tell those good little Sepoy pawns that even though in America they are respected, they are looked down upon everywhere else; everyone from Dubai to Manila has had an Indian housemaid or scantly paid construction worker.

I've spent a lot of time around Middle Eastern people (Arabs and Persians mostly), and they are extremely disdainful and racist against Indians. Which I used to admonish them for, but which I will no longer do as I do not feel any affinity towards Indians any longer.

I think because of an ingrained inferiority complex Indians feel vis a vis other Caucasoid groups, they are more apt to project some kind of racial superiority towards Mongoloid Asians.

I think my perception is very accurate in this regard.

Selurong
03-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I've spent a lot of time around Middle Eastern people (Arabs and Persians mostly), and they are extremely disdainful and racist against Indians. Which I used to admonish them for, but which I will no longer do as I do not feel any affinity towards Indians any longer.

I think because of an ingrained inferiority complex Indians feel vis a vis other Caucasoid groups, they are more apt to project some kind of racial superiority towards Mongoloid Asians.

Man, racism is still bad, do continue to admonish the Persians and the Arabs for their disdain of Indians but if they ever attack Orientals then kindly remind them of the situation in Malaysia where the Indians are classed even lower than the Chinese and Malays in the income and education scale.

There are exceptions of course. In the US and South Africa; they are respected because in the US they are the most educated and in South Africa, they form the colored class inter-mediating between the White elite and the black masses.

Indians are like the Pardo casta of Brazil except applied to the whole world in an international scale.

GrebluBro
03-17-2014, 04:53 PM
No wonder they face so much racism/physical harrassment.

hey are too dark skinned, and their features are more related to Burmese and Thai people than Chinese. Their culture has nothing to do with China.

Those dusky Mongoloids are not related to Chinese, but China claims their land (in fact, China did occupy area some area currently).
I think, they must've something in common.

Many Indians do look down on Mongoloid features just like Chinese look down on dark skin => it'll take decades for both Indians and Chinese to correct themselves (you don't have to act as if Chinese are better :picard2:)

Only in particular places in North India, North-East Indians get physically assaulted.

In south India, many of them work as securities..I've seen very light skinned Chinese looking Mongoloids working in restaurants in south India.
They aren't facing racism in most parts of India, this fucking backward Delhi and sometimes Mumbai bring a bad name to all Indians

GrebluBro
03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
If you happen to go to the melting pot Southeast Asian countries; you'll find that the Indians are looked down upon by everyone. The only place outside America where Indians are respected are in South Africa were they form the colored class between the Whites and the Negro masses.

The next time they make fun of Asian features, tell those good little Sepoy pawns that even though in America they are respected, they are looked down upon everywhere else; everyone from Dubai to Manila has had an Indian housemaid or a scantily paid half-starved Indian construction worker.

India is like Europe, extremely diverse...It's kinda continent of different countries rather than a country of different ethnicities in realistic sense.

Overall, they get looked down at some places and get considered highly in other places..We can't simply generalize.

I think if Indians are highly educated on average in particular country, they earn a huge respect..
Pred. Low-skilled only Indian communities of any country get looked down upon everywhere.
This can happen to most races/ethnicities

It's more to do with education/wealth, not their race/ethnicity

Rambo07
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM
I know 2 people from that part of India, one is Mizo and she looks totally Tibeto Burman ( mongoloid) and the other was Assamese but Indid looking.
North East Indians , in particular the youth regardless of their type are heavily influenced by Japanese and East Asian fashion and attitudes, and are easily the most well groomed.
They are more progressive thinking also.

Its funny that other Indians would make fun of NE Indians, when a good proportion of them show considerable paleo mongolid influences.

Intra racial attitudes are very common in India, people from the North view South Indians as black dalits, the South Indians view the North, as uneducated and violent, etc, etc

Astronaut
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM

Isn't that the case in Philippines too ? This is common everywhere

skin colour discrimination in India is largely limited to beauty & Media Industry but but skin colour is not an issue during social interactions or general day to day life..Ethno linguistic discrimination is not practiced by common man,rather fringe parties to get some cheap votes.

GrebluBro
03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Its funny that other Indians would make fun of NE Indians, when a good proportion of them show considerable paleo mongolid influences.

Very very rarely people ever talk about Mongoloid features among Indians :picard2:

It's a South Asian trait ffs..

0% Mongoloid Irish people also show pseudo Chinky eyes..In fact some East Euros' pseudo-Chinky eyes are Euro trait, not Mongoloid influence..

Indians barely got 2% Mongoloid genes, which is NULL

Intra racial attitudes are very common in India, people from the North view South Indians as black dalits, the South Indians view the North, as uneducated and violent, etc, etc

Undeniable fact..

Astronaut
03-17-2014, 05:46 PM
What a bunch of retards those kinds of Indians are. If you happen to go to the melting pot Southeast Asian countries; you'll find that the Indians are looked down upon by everyone. They're plantation workers in Malaysia, unruly rioters in Singapore, 5-6 Loan shark peddlers in the Philippines and in Dubai, they are known as low skilled house cleaners or construction workers. The only place outside America where Indians are respected are in South Africa were they form the colored class between the Whites and the Negro masses.

Have you done PhD in ignorance ? Without any facts ,you are basing your judgement.Indians in south east Asia are not of the same ethnic group as those in US or UK or Gulf.

Indians in Malaysia and Singapore and Tamils where as Indians in gulf are keralites.Indians in the US are a very diversified group mostly consisting of professionals and the Indians living in UK are mostly Punjabis.

The Indians in South East Asia come mostly from poor peasant family and henceforth do menial jobs there.Besides the fact Indians face state sponsored discrimination in South east Asia,specially in countries like Malaysia because of which they are in a disadvantaged position.

Astronaut
03-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Indians don't have that that kind of political sensitivity to address others properly....for example it's perfectly okay to call a dark skinned Indian a "blacky" "black crow" "black bull"etc etc.So thats why many don't find it offensive to call a north eastern person a chinky.

But this kind of insensitivity is mostly a northern phenomena.This discrimination against North East Indians doesn't happen anywhere else.

Rambo07
03-17-2014, 05:57 PM

Discrimination towards Mongoloid groups is not limited to India though, its very rampant in Afghanistan and to a lesser degree in Eastern Iran/Pakistan, where Hazaras live. One member here just posts blond/red haired Afghans but never posts the mongoloid/ mongoloid admixed ones lol when they form a good proportion 40% of the population.

All my best friends are Persians, they do make fun of the Indians because of their dark skin and terrible dressing sense, but they are not hateful at all, Arabs though they are more ignorant. Though its interesting, we have 2 Indians in my friend circle but they are from elite NW Indian Sikh families ( they look Persian), and they actually join in when making fun of other Indians (read: IT Indians ie South Indian and Gujaratis). Which goes to show the diversity in India, not only racially but the elitism and classicism which exists, and how one group in the same country can feel totally alien to another group within the same country. Though I dont think anyone is really disdainful of regular Indians , otherwise Zee Aflam which shows Bollywood movies would not be so popular.

Rambo07
03-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Very very rarely people ever talk about Mongoloid features among Indians :picard2:

0% Mongoloid Irish people also show pseudo Chinky eyes..In fact some East Euros' pseudo-Chinky eyes are Euro trait, not Mongoloid influence..

Undeniable fact..

Indians mongoloid traits dont come from Mongoloid genes you idiot, they actually come from their ASI components.
Peopling of SE ASIA and East Asia, began with proto mongoloid who radiated out of India.
Proto mongolids arose from people who are related to the Onge who btw are 100% ASI.

You posted your cousin a few months back and she had a strong paleo mongolid influence, she could even pass as a Native American.

MonkeyDLuffy
11-26-2014, 06:28 AM

Cool. Let's blame the Northies for everything.

Dombra
11-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Ironic that Australid low castes discriminate others for their appearance

blogen
11-26-2014, 11:11 AM

No, it's North Indian problem, basically North India is the shithole of India!

Dombra
11-26-2014, 12:08 PM
No, it's North Indian problem, basically North India is the shithole of India!

All of India is bad

TheForeigner
11-26-2014, 01:14 PM
This thread needs Butlerking to tell us they deserve it for being weak, ugly and addicted to plastic surgery.

jatt
11-26-2014, 04:07 PM

these internet forums everywhere are biased against north Indians.

jatt
11-26-2014, 04:10 PM

In Europe lowly albinoids discriminate against others. ist it. this is how the world is unfortunately. majoritariansm. in china they probably discriminate against indians

Proto-Shaman
11-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Interestingly the Mongoloid Northeast of India corresponds with the Indian R1a subclade Z93-M780 frequencies:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=52557&d=1416847379

jatt
11-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Interestingly the Mongoloid Northeast of India corresponds with the Indian R1a subclade Z93-M780 frequencies:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=52557&d=1416847379

unfortunately general indian populace ist literate in genetics. usually people are very friendly with north easterners but there are some bad apples who give bad name to all Indians.. they are mostly concentrated in delhi.

Proto-Shaman
11-26-2014, 09:01 PM
According to western scientists Uyghurs are clearly Indö-Euröpeans :p

StonyArabia
11-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Racism is everywhere sad and despicable aspect of the world, but India is to big to generalize where it happens, nor those events should reflect on all Indians.

SardiniaAtlantis
11-27-2014, 07:26 AM

Undeniable fact..

Actually NO it isn't.

Punjabis are estimated around 14% Mongoloid on average themselves.

Taken as a whole:
The Pakistani population consists of mostly Indo-Aryans. Pakistanis are 70% Caucasoid, 20% Australoid, and 10% Mongoloid in their overall genetic composition.

Indians are 50% Australoid by race, 35% Caucasoid, and 15% Mongoloid in their overall genetic composition.

Of course the Subcontinent is Very diverse, and there are many who are predominantly caucasoid.

http://www.oocities.org/pak_history/differences.html

http://www.academia.edu/4409980/Genetic_heterogeneity_in_northeastern_India_Reflec tion_of_Tribe-Caste_continuum_in_the_genetic_structure

Astronaut
11-28-2014, 12:48 PM

North India is home to 80% of India's troubles...
the filthy ganges,the gang rapes,the poverty,the illiteracy,the overpopulation is largely a north Indian phenomena.

I don't hate my northern brethren ,Just that i am hugely disappointing with them.

Astronaut
11-28-2014, 12:49 PM
these internet forums everywhere are biased against north Indians.

and there is a reason for that....you know it very well....

MonkeyDLuffy
11-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Typical Non Northie statement. You do realize UP is not north India, right?

all things you said are true for South, West and East India, After your this statement I cant take your posts seriously.

MonkeyDLuffy
11-29-2014, 04:28 PM
The reason is Non northies especially Bengalis and South Indians, who feel inferior than us and then throw their rage on us in internet forums. I have read lots of not true bull crap from South Indians about us Punjabis.

jatt
11-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Actually NO it isn't.

Punjabis are estimated around 14% Mongoloid on average themselves.

Taken as a whole:
The Pakistani population consists of mostly Indo-Aryans. Pakistanis are 70% Caucasoid, 20% Australoid, and 10% Mongoloid in their overall genetic composition.

Indians are 50% Australoid by race, 35% Caucasoid, and 15% Mongoloid in their overall genetic composition.

Of course the Subcontinent is Very diverse, and there are many who are predominantly caucasoid.

http://www.oocities.org/pak_history/differences.html

http://www.academia.edu/4409980/Genetic_heterogeneity_in_northeastern_India_Reflec tion_of_Tribe-Caste_continuum_in_the_genetic_structure

austroloid bit I can understand but howsome we are so much mongoloid and doest show it.. western Europeans and pashtoons are said to be less mongoliod but lots of them look half mongoloids which can be seen easily n their eyes if look closely.. probably there is inconsistency in the study

Astronaut
11-30-2014, 02:51 AM
Typical Non Northie statement. You do realize UP is not north India, right?

all things you said are true for South, West and East India, After your this statement I cant take your posts seriously.

Lets not get into regionalism.We must find a solution and not accuse each other.I am a north Indian myself,my ancestral home is Kashmir.

UP falls into North as well as North Central Zone according to government but falls entirely into North Indian culture sphere.

SardiniaAtlantis
11-30-2014, 03:20 AM
austroloid bit I can understand but howsome we are so much mongoloid and doest show it.. western Europeans and pashtoons are said to be less mongoliod but lots of them look half mongoloids which can be seen easily n their eyes if look closely.. probably there is inconsistency in the study

Things that you think don't show to others do show. I have dated a few Punjabi descent girls myself bro and live surrounded by south asians from all over many many punjabis here. We see things like for Punjabis with the eyes of MonkeyDLuffy (above you). And certain traits like on for example Shahid Kapoor.

jatt
12-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Things that you think don't show to others do show. I have dated a few Punjabi descent girls myself bro and live surrounded by south asians from all over many many punjabis here. We see things like for Punjabis with the eyes of MonkeyDLuffy (above you). And certain traits like on for example Shahid Kapoor.

dunno whom you calling Punjabis my friend.. I doubt you ever seen Punjabis. we never show mongoloid phenos.. monkeyluffy is one of his kind. mongoloid people are far away from Punjabi heartland and forgot inter race marraiges we don't even marry inter cast uptill recently. whereas almost half of Europeans show mongoloid admixture and at least 10% of your men and women marry either blacks or mongoloed tyeps.. all these racial classifications and studies are don't by western scientist so obviously they are biased and talk from their western perspective like being hyper light and light eyed means no admixture and rest are all mixed.. lol there is still lot of work need to done on genetics as it is yet to reach the dexterity and aint reliable.. wait till more indian geneticist come out and put up their own classifications and studies. then we can talk till then its ass bull for me.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-03-2014, 01:46 AM
dunno whom you calling Punjabis my friend.. I doubt you ever seen Punjabis. we never show mongoloid phenos.. monkeyluffy is one of his kind. mongoloid people are far away from Punjabi heartland and forgot inter race marraiges we don't even marry inter cast uptill recently. whereas almost half of Europeans show mongoloid admixture and at least 10% of your men and women marry either blacks or mongoloed tyeps.. all these racial classifications and studies are don't by western scientist so obviously they are biased and talk from their western perspective like being hyper light and light eyed means no admixture and rest are all mixed.. lol there is still lot of work need to done on genetics as it is yet to reach the dexterity and aint reliable.. wait till more indian geneticist come out and put up their own classifications and studies. then we can talk till then its ass bull for me.

My friend I have dated loads of Punjabi descent girls just FYI I live in an area full of them. The average is 15% Mongoloid for Punjabis which means that many will not show it and only some will show signs of it, again Shahid Kapoor is another example.