PDA

View Full Version : China's execution of a Briton caught smuggling heroin

nisse
12-29-2009, 01:30 PM
China, Britain clash over heroin case execution
By Maxim Duncan

URUMQI, China (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was appalled at China's execution of a Briton caught smuggling heroin on Tuesday, prompting China to denounce British "accusations" and defend its court system.

Relatives of Akmal Shaikh, 53, and the British government had appealed for clemency, arguing the former businessman suffered from bipolar disorder, or manic depression. China's Supreme Court rejected the appeal, saying there was insufficient evidence of mental illness.

Brown condemned the execution, carried out in the far-west region of Xinjiang, in strong words that may raise diplomatic temperatures over the case.

"I condemn the execution of Akmal Shaikh in the strongest terms, and am appalled and disappointed that our persistent requests for clemency have not been granted," he said in a statement issued by the British Foreign Office.

"I am particularly concerned that no mental health assessment was undertaken."

China was just as determined in its defense of the execution.

"Nobody has the right to speak ill of China's judicial sovereignty," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said. "We express our strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition over the groundless British accusations."

Shaikh was executed by injection, China's official Xinhua news agency reported. His family said it was "stunned and disappointed" and criticized China's stance on his mental health.

"We are astonished at suggestions that Akmal himself should have provided evidence of his own fragile state of mind," they said in a statement.

Shaikh was the first European citizen to be executed in China since 1951, Western rights groups say. China executes more people than any other country, with about 1,718 executions in 2008, far surpassing Iran at 346 and the United States at 111, according to Amnesty International. China does not release an official count of its executions.

The case could harden public opinion in Britain against China. It could also rile Chinese resentment over what Beijing often calls "interference" in its internal affairs, mindful of humiliating defeats by Britain during the Opium Wars of the 1800s.

"We hope that the British side can view this matter rationally, and not create new obstacles in bilateral relations," Jiang said.

Britain is China's third-largest trade partner in Europe, with total trade of $45 billion in 2008. The two nations recently traded jibes over the troubled Copenhagen climate change negotiations.

Heroin use is a major problem in Xinjiang, which borders Central Asia. The region was convulsed by ethnic violence and protests in July, with further protests in September after widespread panic over alleged syringe attacks.

All executions in Urumqi have used lethal injections in recent years, said a detention center official surnamed Jia.

Shaikh's defenders, including British rights group Reprieve which lobbies against the death penalty, say he was duped into smuggling heroin by a gang who promised to make him a pop star.

Arrested in 2007, a Chinese court rejected his last appeal on December 21. Reprieve posted on the Internet a recording Shaikh made of a song, "Come Little Rabbit," which Shaikh believed would be an international hit and help bring about world peace.

"This is not about how much we hate the drug trade. Britain as well as China are completely committed to take it on," British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said in a statement. "The issue is whether Mr Shaikh has become an additional victim of it."

(Additional reporting by K.J. Kwon; Writing by Lucy Hornby and Chris Buckley; Editing by Nick Macfie)
I'm sure the UK will be very rational about it :)

Lulletje Rozewater
12-30-2009, 04:51 AM
How rational is Brown ?????
The Chinese are quite correct.
The 3 kg heroine could have devastating implications to a lot of Chinese.
So the West should learn that drugs are bad news and 1 man's death is good news.

Northern_Paladin
12-30-2009, 05:02 AM
He's not a true Briton. He's an Arab. Funny how everyone gets to be a Briton these days.:coffee:

Not surprising he would be given to smuggling drugs. Probably to fund Terrorism against UK/USA. Ironic isn't it?

At times I think the British government wants a Terrorist attack to happen, given their "so what attitude" concerning the Million of Muslim Muslim Extremists that live in the UK.

Or maybe they just wanted this Towel head to fund Xinjiang Uighar Terrorists and help distablize China. Haha...pretty Diabolical.

Bender
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I'ts a shame to see that the european media refered to this subject as the first european to be executed in China. When at home we heard on TV the name of this briton we look one to another and laughed, but it's very sad the level that has reached the politically correct speech in our medias.

Falkata
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
The Briton :eusa_doh:

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/img/2009/12/Int/akmalchina9.jpg

Treffie
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
One less drug smuggler eh? To me it doesn't matter if he had bipolar disorder or not - he still smuggled the drugs.

Bard
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
One less sandnigger.

Sol Invictus
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Not surprising he would be given to smuggling drugs. Probably to fund Terrorism against UK/USA. Ironic isn't it?

lol...

Lulletje Rozewater
12-31-2009, 04:57 AM
He's not a true Briton. He's an Arab. Funny how everyone gets to be a Briton these days.:coffee:

At times I think the British government wants a Terrorist attack to happen, given their "so what attitude" concerning the Million of Muslim Muslim Extremists that live in the UK.

Or maybe they just wanted this Towel head to fund Xinjiang Uighar Terrorists and help distablize China. Haha...pretty Diabolical.

Diabolical ??????:D:D:D
Reminds me of Attila the Hun Bun,who slashed his way through Europe.
Now we are civilized and the Muslim Pusslim is allowed to conquer Europe by the Burka por amor.

Lulletje Rozewater
12-31-2009, 05:02 AM
I'ts a shame to see that the european media refered to this subject as the first european to be executed in China. When at home we heard on TV the name of this briton we look one to another and laughed, but it's very sad the level that has reached the politically correct speech in our medias.

Did you not know that Brown and our Dutch Pm are Moroccan ??????:D

Beorn
12-31-2009, 05:10 AM
I'ts a shame to see that the european media refered to this subject as the first european to be executed in China.

What's even more of a shame is seeing that Scottish cunt, Gormless Broon, crying his tears and stamping his pathetic little size fours all over this cunty nig-nog being killed, yet not shedding one tear for all the majority of English, and British soldiers dying in some backwards, God forsaken shithole in Afghanistan.

It's not hard to have ones priorities set straight, but that's what England gets for electing a...lol...sorry, for having foisted upon us, the dregs of Scottish society.

Lulletje Rozewater
12-31-2009, 05:11 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/551g1z.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qtwdmx.jpg

Beorn
12-31-2009, 05:12 AM
For God's sake would you learn to multiquote or edit properly. :swl

Northern_Paladin
12-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Diabolical ??????:D:D:D
Reminds me of Attila the Hun Bun,who slashed his way through Europe.
Now we are civilized and the Muslim Pusslim is allowed to conquer Europe by the Burka por amor.

Europe definetly the Huns after Attilas death and they became marginalized because of they were vastly outnumbered by Germanics.

I don't understand why Europe isn't taken a more aggressive stance against Islam? Europeans have vastly superior Military forces, if they wanted to they could Wipe out the entire Middle East and North Africa. Imagine the amount of Resouces that would be freed up for future European generations. Of course no European leader lacks the Courage to even hint at Genocide being an option. But history has proven Genocide is part of human nature.

Northern_Paladin
12-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Did you not know that Brown and our Dutch Pm are Moroccan ??????:D

They aren't Moroccan.

Fortis in Arduis
12-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't understand why Europe isn't taken a more aggressive stance against Islam? Europeans have vastly superior Military forces, if they wanted to they could Wipe out the entire Middle East and North Africa. Imagine the amount of Resouces that would be freed up for future European generations. Of course no European leader lacks the Courage to even hint at Genocide being an option. But history has proven Genocide is part of human nature.

You are pretty hardcore. :eek:

Yes, it does beggar belief that we have not, for example, conspired to pay the oil producing nations in food rather than capital.

We could drain the Middle East dry.

The problem is that the global plutocracy is becoming more and more integrated. They are nearly all international capitalists, and one by one the remaining few fall in line. What is George Soros, for example?

This man has promoted liberal capitalist 'revolutions' worldwide.

Europe has lost most of her protectionism, and the European Union is going to dismantle everything we know, and it will expand way beyond Europe, if we let it.

We simply have diminishing national economic policies and national and local economies.

This is the problem, the symptoms of which are mass immigration, and all the other strife that our masters have made for us.

In the UK we have an established aristocracy of titled and landed people. These folk are marginally better than the true internationalists, but many of them have never really been patriotic, as such.

For example, Winston Churchill's family, the Dukes of Marlborough, were always war profiteers.

There is an older old guard, and lesser gentry, some of whom often trace their lineage to Ireland, who are not like that, but everything has changed.

Something went wrong here when we went from feudal to capitalist, with ever increasing degrees of economic liberalisation.

London, not New York, has been the hyper-capitalist innovator.

Currency trading, futures derivatives and fractional reserve banking being the most wickedly cruel British inventions/specialities.

nisse
12-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Europeans have vastly superior Military forces, if they wanted to they could Wipe out the entire Middle East and North Africa. Imagine the amount of Resouces that would be freed up for future European generations. Of course no European leader lacks the Courage to even hint at Genocide being an option. But history has proven Genocide is part of human nature.
:eek:

1. Wouldn't be that easy - if you still want the resources you're going to have to go into combat on land (i.e. think Iraq and Afghanistan), you can't just nuke/bomb the shit out of everyone....and EU is not likely to have biological/chemical weapons that could make this easier.

2. This is only as "natural" as no morals or ethics. I would want no part of those resources and would spit in the face of any butcher who gunned down defenceless women, children and old people in some sandy shithole.

No man would be right in the head after doing something like that. Even if this could succeed it would not doubt lead to opression and tyranny on home soil.

Lulletje Rozewater
01-02-2010, 06:13 AM
You are pretty hardcore. :eek:

Yes, it does beggar belief that we have not, for example, conspired to pay the oil producing nations in food rather than capital.

We could drain the Middle East dry.

The problem is that the global plutocracy is becoming more and more integrated. They are nearly all international capitalists, and one by one the remaining few fall in line. What is George Soros, for example?

This man has promoted liberal capitalist 'revolutions' worldwide.

Europe has lost most of her protectionism, and the European Union is going to dismantle everything we know, and it will expand way beyond Europe, if we let it.

We simply have diminishing national economic policies and national and local economies.

This is the problem, the symptoms of which are mass immigration, and all the other strife that our masters have made for us.

In the UK we have an established aristocracy of titled and landed people. These folk are marginally better than the true internationalists, but many of them have never really been patriotic, as such.

For example, Winston Churchill's family, the Dukes of Marlborough, were always war profiteers.

There is an older old guard, and lesser gentry, some of whom often trace their lineage to Ireland, who are not like that, but everything has changed.

Something went wrong here when we went from feudal to capitalist, with ever increasing degrees of economic liberalisation.

London, not New York, has been the hyper-capitalist innovator.

Currency trading, futures derivatives and fractional reserve banking being the most wickedly cruel British inventions/specialities.

If we wish to stop let's have a massive trade war.

Fortis in Arduis
01-02-2010, 09:47 AM
If we wish to stop let's have a massive trade war.

Oh, I would be happy enough to co-operativise the retail and agricultural sectors and just see what happened from there. There would be no need to dismantle the City first off, and if anything, such a move would augment British capitalism, and put more of a British stamp on things.

Svarog
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM

Because starting such a war would be a disaster and would halved European population, don't you people learn anything from the history?

It's the arrogant stance that lead thousands of young British soldiers to death in the field of Gallipoli or young Russian soldiers who lost their lives in Afghanistan, not to mention very successful 'vacations' in Somalia, Iraq and Iran, then Britain's wars against Zulu, now American wars in the east and they did not conquer shit beside sending their soldiers back in the coffins etc

And Europe's military force is crap, beside Russia and maaaaybe Britain no army in Europe have even solid army, Turkish army would cruise through Europe in a week.

Majar
01-04-2010, 03:34 AM

So you want to kill people because they have something that you want? How does that make you different from an armed robber or a street thug? Did you know you can get resources via ways other than murdering millions of people, for example by establishing diplomacy and trading things of value?

Northern_Paladin
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
So you want to kill people because they have something that you want? How does that make you different from an armed robber or a street thug? Did you know you can get resources via ways other than murdering millions of people, for example by establishing diplomacy and trading things of value?

What's wrong with being a thug? I've been arrested before so maybe I have criminal tendencies that I can't control. Murder for profit is an appealing idea to me, as well as the friends I hang around. You have a lot of testosterone for a woman. Might want to take some Estrogen pills.;)

The fact that Europeans have lost their willingness to commit Genocide is resulting in a Genocide against Europeans. But than again that's just life isn't it? If Europeans don't have what it takes to survive than they should die.

Majar
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
What's wrong with being a thug? I've been arrested before so maybe I have criminal tendencies that I can't control. Murder for profit is an appealing idea to me, as well as the friends I hang around. You have a lot of testosterone for a woman. Might want to take some Estrogen pills.;)

The fact that Europeans have lost their willingness to commit Genocide is resulting in a Genocide against Europeans. But than again that's just life isn't it? If Europeans don't have what it takes to survive than they should die.

My hormone levels are normal, but thanks for the concern. :yawnee20:

Europeans do not face a genocide of any kind. I find it absurd the way people throw this word around.

Honestly I think it is kind of weird and hypocritical for someone interested in cultural & ethnic preservation to be in favor of mass murder of other peoples in the form of race wars or genocide. I can understand being angry about things that happen in the news, but it is a very immature way of viewing the world.

Northern_Paladin
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
My hormone levels are normal, but thanks for the concern. :yawnee20:

Europeans do not face a genocide of any kind. I find it absurd the way people throw this word around.

Honestly I think it is kind of weird and hypocritical for someone interested in cultural & ethnic preservation to be in favor of mass murder of other peoples in the form of race wars or genocide. I can understand being angry about things that happen in the news, but it is a very immature way of viewing the world.

Racial problems can only be solved though Genocide. Its the truth. Everything else is just a diversion a delay of this. People are naturally racist and seek the destruction of those who are different it is written in our genes.

Some things are too much for your female brain to understand.

Majar
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Racial problems can only be solved though Genocide. Its the truth. Everything else is just a diversion a delay of this. People are naturally racist and seek the destruction of those who are different it is written in our genes.

Please give an example of how a "racial problem" has ever been "solved" through genocide.

Northern_Paladin
01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Please give an example of how a "racial problem" has ever been "solved" through genocide.

The South Africans were kicked out by the blacks they ruled. In a way it was genocide.

Brännvin
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Some things are too much for your female brain to understand.

That's why they have got fewer neurons in relation the men. :coffee: :D
j/k

But on the topic China has the right to exercise their laws to those who commit a crime within its territory...

Svarog
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM
What's wrong with being a thug? I've been arrested before so maybe I have criminal tendencies that I can't control. Murder for profit is an appealing idea to me, as well as the friends I hang around. You have a lot of testosterone for a woman. Might want to take some Estrogen pills.

Are you 12?

There is everything wrong with being criminal and a thug... and committing a genocide?

Read name of the forum again, Cultural preservation, not a kindergarden for mentally challenged kids

I doubt you have impressed anyone here with these kind of comments, I doubt you're even dangerous, beside intellectually for people who read this kind of crap.

Psychonaut
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
There is everything wrong with being criminal and a thug

Yup. Criminals and street thugs have less of a place in my company than well behaved immigrants any day of the week.

Loki
01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Murder for profit is an appealing idea to me, as well as the friends I hang around.

Hmm ... I may have a "job" for you if you're interested ... :laugh:

Now seriously, this forum cannot support such comments, or members who praise and promote criminal ideas. You should take note of this. There is a fine line between freedom of expression, and revealing yourself as an undesirable addition to the community.

Northern_Paladin
01-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Hmm ... I may have a "job" for you if you're interested ... :laugh:

Now seriously, this forum cannot support such comments, or members who praise and promote criminal ideas. You should take note of this. There is a fine line between freedom of expression, and revealing yourself as an undesirable addition to the community.

Ok...we haven't actually murdered anyone. Or even hurt a single person.:p Its just talk about trying to form a new Political Party or group that will attract the disenfranchised young people who happen to be all jobless and broke like us.

I will be more careful in the future about the way I talk. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

To tell you the truth I wish I knew friends that would do favors for me. Right now I'm basically living the life of a Loner. But me and my friend plan to move to the West Coast where his brother lives and try to do some Political work there.

nisse
01-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Its just talk about trying to form a new Political Party or group that will attract the disenfranchised young people who happen to be all jobless and broke like us.

You might want to reconsider your rhetoric if you want to attract people that will not discredit your party/group. If it walks and talks like a thug, it'll get treated like one - i.e. dismissed as a lowlife.

Also, can you be in law school if you have a record? :confused:

Northern_Paladin
01-05-2010, 03:26 AM
You might want to reconsider your rhetoric if you want to attract people that will not discredit your party/group. If it walks and talks like a thug, it'll get treated like one - i.e. dismissed as a lowlife.

Also, can you be in law school if you have a record? :confused:

Any Publicity is good Publicity. Right now the Apricity is great practice for what is to come. When me and my friend plan to do Political work on the Streets of the West Coast. We will have to risk our lives and reputations. You can't make a name for yourself by playing it safe all the time.

What I have found is American girls like Thugs. So I will be swimming in ladies if my plan succeeds. Women say they want an educated high class man with good manners but often times these men bore them.

Lulletje Rozewater
01-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Whether some people oppose what Paladin said or not is besides the point.
If freedom of speech means that Attila or Genghis Kahn or The Romans or the Chinese(Tibetans) or Longshank(see Braveheart),who said:If we can not get them out-the Scots- we will breed them out,or Stalin or Hitler are thugs,low life etc than we miss the point. They all eradicated their enemy.
Extermination has been the order of the day in Africa and Asia,because that is to them the only way to get rid of 'enemies'. So it was in Europe.
Preservation????? Hallelujah,praise the Lord for the Allochtonen bonking our fair maidens. NO damned European law can prevent that,and the public suckers are closing their eyes---till it isto late
A typical example is South Africa's Boer nation 1100 murdered and the whites as well as the blacks are are closing their eyes to this genocide
Now tell me dear friends what does the meaning 'to late' mean ?????
Should Paladin have posted the insinuation of killing??????????????? No.

Paladin was open in his opinion and I thanked him for it.
Is he right or wrong ????????
The future will tell.
Lets stop being hypocritical,you may need him to make things right.
If there is an objection then the moderator could have rewritten the suggestion,because the intent is logic.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=154756#post154756)
I don't understand why Europe isn't taken a more aggressive stance against Islam? Europeans have vastly superior Military forces, if they wanted to they could Wipe out the entire Middle East and North Africa. Imagine the amount of Resouces that would be freed up for future European generations. Of course no European leader lacks the Courage to even hint at Genocide being an option. But history has proven Genocide is part of human nature.[QUOTE]

Svarog
01-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Paladin was open in his opinion and I thanked him for it...
If there is an objection then the moderator could have rewritten the suggestion,because the intent is logic.

You gotta draw the line somewhere, let's not make a drama out of this when it's settled now, and beside forum policy, massacre preaches and death threats (not in that particular post) are illegal in USA and some European countries (including online threats) cause of which forum can be shut down and administrators could have serious law troubles because of it (yes, it happened before); so, yes, people have to refrain from such comments and be more careful what they write as words may have consequences.

I did not realize we had to actually warn people about these things.

I will also remind several Dutch and Serbs were arrested in the past 5 years for writing very similar comments.

Lulletje Rozewater
01-10-2010, 06:18 AM
You gotta draw the line somewhere, let's not make a drama out of this when it's settled now, and beside forum policy, massacre preaches and death threats (not in that particular post) are illegal in USA and some European countries (including online threats) cause of which forum can be shut down and administrators could have serious law troubles because of it (yes, it happened before); so, yes, people have to refrain from such comments and be more careful what they write as words may have consequences.

I did not realize we had to actually warn people about these things.

I will also remind several Dutch and Serbs were arrested in the past 5 years for writing very similar comments.

You mean this: http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/008705.html
Stupid Dutch officials have got crap in their eyes.
Was this to white wash Srebrenica.
Geez the Police too are cowards,do not even dare to stop a racial fight in Beilemermeer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijlmermeer.