PDA

View Full Version : Who looks LEAST atypical for their nationality? Rowan Atkinson, Hrithik Roshan or Gabriel Soto?

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Rowan Atkinson, British
http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/A/Rowan-Atkinson-9191636-1-402.jpg http://topnews.in/light/files/Rowan-Atkinson_0.jpg

Hrithik Roshan, Indian
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal4080.jpg http://www.outlookindia.com/images/hrithik_roshan_20080204.jpg

Gabriel Soto, Mexican
http://fotos.starmedia.com/imagenes/2011/08/Gabriel-Soto.jpg http://www.telenovelasconfidencial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/gabriel-soto.jpg

GrebluBro
03-19-2014, 10:59 PM
EDIT

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:00 PM
EDIT

GrebluBro
03-19-2014, 11:02 PM
:)

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Any votes and suggestions?

GrebluBro
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Read the thread title again please.

LoL

British guy

Smaug
03-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Rowan Atkinson looks British in my opinion.

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Rowan Atkinson looks British in my opinion.

I can see the British in him, but only a small minority of Brits have his colouring.

YeshAtid
03-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Soto isn't atypical :picard1:

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Soto isn't atypical for the fantasy world of the media.

Fixed.

YeshAtid
03-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Fixed.
He's fully Spanish.

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:13 PM
He's fully Spanish.

(1) Whites in Mexico are a minority. (2) Precisely because said Whites are mainly of Spanish descent, they'd still overwhelmingly have dark hair and dark eyes.

Vojnik
03-19-2014, 11:13 PM
I know a half Anglo Aussie half Maltese guy who looks like Rowan Atkinson.

YeshAtid
03-19-2014, 11:14 PM
(1) Whites in Mexico are a minority. (2) Precisely because said Whites are mainly of Spanish descent, they'd still overwhelmingly have dark hair and dark eyes.
He has brown hair
http://www.telenovelasconfidencial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/gabriel-soto.jpg

gold_fenix
03-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Hrithik Roshan

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:16 PM
He has brown hair
http://www.telenovelasconfidencial.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/gabriel-soto.jpg

Yes, but it is a rather light brown, NOT the very dark brown that the majority of Spaniards and White Mexicans have.

Amud
03-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Rowan Atkinson looks like he's influenced by the Dinaric type brought in by the Bell Beaker culture. Not typical, but not too rare either.

Roshan looks like a typical Indian in terms of his features, he is just much lighter than average, which is probably not common.

Soto would be atypical even for Spain, let alone Mexico. He looks mostly Nordic.

YeshAtid
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes, but it is a rather light brown, NOT the very dark brown that the majority of Spaniards and White Mexicans have.
Are you seriously insinuating that he's discernible from other Spaniards ?

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Rowan Atkinson looks like he's influenced by the Dinaric type brought in by the Bell Beaker culture. Not typical, but not too rare either.

Roshan looks like a typical Indian in terms of his features, he is just much lighter than average, which is probably not common.

Soto would be atypical even for Spain, let alone Mexico. He looks mostly Nordic.

So between Atkinson and Roshan, who would you vote for?

Amud
03-19-2014, 11:20 PM
What the hell is your agenda? Why would someone of your ancestry post politically-motivated things about the Spanish, pretending they are more Nordic than they are?

So between Atkinson and Roshan, who would you vote for?

I voted for Atkinson, but I was kind of torn, just because I haven't seen enough people from either of these ethicities to really know what a typical look is.

Tooting Carmen

To repeat: I am saying he is decidedly atypical for his nationality, which in fact is MEXICAN. Furthermore, while there are some Spaniards (along with their Latin American descendants) who have his colouring, they are a minority by far.

Smeagol
the very dark brown that the majority of Spaniards and White Mexicans have.

Almost black? Source?

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Almost black? Source?

Not black per se, but dark brown. Pretty much every anthropologist - notably Coon, has said that the overwhelming majority of Spaniards have such a hair colour. I am also talking of real life experience, having met so many Spaniards over the years, I'd say that the percentage of adult Spanish men who have hair that is NOT dark brown or black is around 15-20%. But the point about Gabriel Soto is that not only are Whites a minority in Mexico anyway, but most of them would still have darker features than him.

YeshAtid
03-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Almost black? Source?
He's Coon's successor, duh!

Dynamo
03-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Gabriel Soto.

Sikeliot
03-19-2014, 11:28 PM
The Indian guy

Smaug
03-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I can see the British in him, but only a small minority of Brits have his colouring.

His not that dark. He seems quite pale in the pictures you posted.

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:29 PM
His not that dark. He seems quite pale in the pictures you posted.

He does look darker and weirder in other photos though.

Persian Otomi
03-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I've seen many mexicans in Mexico City who look like Gabriel Soto, in many neighborhoods there he would be typical while in others atypical. There is a difference between being white in Mexico and looking white, people who look white are not such a small minority but mexicans who are 100 percent white are, there is a difference.

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:49 PM
I've seen many mexicans in Mexico City who look like Gabriel Soto, in many neighborhoods there he would be typical while in others atypical. There is a difference between being white in Mexico and looking white, people who look white are not such a small minority but mexicans who are 100 percent white are, there is a difference.

Like I said, most White Mexicans, being of Spanish descent, would still have darker features than him.

Roy
03-19-2014, 11:55 PM
They look similar to some other people of their respective ethnicticies. I voted for Rowan Atkinson as for the least atypical here, but I know that none of them represents anything close to some average.

Sikeliot
03-19-2014, 11:55 PM
I misvoted. I thought it said most atypical.

Persian Otomi
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Like I said, most White Mexicans, being of Spanish descent, would still have darker features than him.

You don't know anything, white mexicans from Mexico City look no different from him. Dude, my family in Mexico City are from the middle upper class, I have been around white mexicans when I travel to Mexico.

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM

As an Administrator, are you able to alter your own vote, out of curiosity?

Tooting Carmen
03-19-2014, 11:58 PM
You don't know anything, white mexicans from Mexico City look no different from him. Dude, my family in Mexico City are from the middle upper class, I have been around white mexicans when I travel to Mexico.

Considering that most Spaniards have dark brown hair and brown eyes - and he is of full Spanish descent, moreover - it is extremely unlikely that most White Mexicans have blue eyes and blonde or light brown hair.

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Considering that most Spaniards have dark brown hair and brown eyes - and he is of full Spanish descent, moreover - it is extremely unlikely that most White Mexicans have blue eyes and blonde or light brown hair.

Most Spaniards have brown hair but in the Northern region it is even lighter. Gabriel Soto is not fully Spaniard, where did you get that from? White mexicans from Mexico City look no different from him, dude.

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Most Spaniards have brown hair but in the Northern region it is even lighter. Gabriel Soto is not fully Spaniard, where did you get that from? White mexicans from Mexico City look no different from him, dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Soto

Btw, even in Northern Spain most people have dark brown hair, just not such a high proportion as further South. THIS is a typical Spaniard - of course he looks fully European, but his features are rather darker than those of Soto.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Iker_Casillas_Euro_2012_vs_France.jpg

EDIT: Regardless of whether or not most White Mexicans have such light hair and eyes as Soto, the point is that Whites are very much a minority in Mexico anyway.

GrebluBro
03-20-2014, 12:06 AM
As an Administrator, are you able to alter your own vote, out of curiosity?

Even I thought the same..but I voted correctly

Who knows who else misvoted :P

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Soto

Nowhere in there does it say he is fully Spaniard dude, I doubt his European heritage is only Spanish, he must have French down the line.

Btw, even in Northern Spain most people have dark brown hair, just not such a high proportion as further South. THIS is a typical Spaniard - of course he looks fully European, but his features are rather darker than those of Soto.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Iker_Casillas_Euro_2012_vs_France.jpg

My grandparents have been to Spain and from the pictures I saw that they took, Gabriel Soto would fit there perfectly

Lemonhead
03-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Rowan Atkinson.

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Nowhere in there does it say he is fully Spaniard dude, I doubt his European heritage is only Spanish, he must have French down the line.

My grandparents have been to Spain and from the pictures I saw that they took, Gabriel Soto would fit there perfectly

So have I been to Spain (and lived there for a year too). I'm not saying that there aren't Spaniards who look like Gabriel Soto, but they are FAR outnumbered by people who look like Iker Casillas or even darker people still, and it is ridiculous to claim otherwise. Spain is not Sweden or even England. Besides, the point is that Soto is of Mexican nationality, not Spanish nationality.

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:19 AM
So have I been to Spain (and lived there for a year too). I'm not saying that there aren't Spaniards who look like Gabriel Soto, but they are FAR outnumbered by people who look like Iker Casillas or even darker people still, and it is ridiculous to claim otherwise. Spain is not Sweden or even England. Besides, the point is that Soto is of Mexican nationality, not Spanish nationality.

Yes Gabriel Soto is mexican and mexican is a nationality, a new world country filled with mix race people, so why compare it to them? to me it makea no sense at all

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Yes Gabriel Soto is mexican and mexican is a nationality, a new world country filled with mix race people, so why compare it to them? to me it makea no sense at all

You said it yourself, Mexico is a mixed-race country (aka mostly Mestizos). In addition, Soto is lighter-than-average even for his European ancestry, let alone for Mexico itself.

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:28 AM
You said it yourself, Mexico is a mixed-race country (aka mostly Mestizos). In addition, Soto is lighter-than-average even for his European ancestry, let alone for Mexico itself.

So you are also going to tell me native americans are atypical for Mexico because they are more amerindian and darker than the average? :picard1:

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:29 AM
So you are also going to tell me native americans are atypical for Mexico because they are more amerindian and darker than the average? :picard1:

There are still more people in Mexico who look fully or almost-fully Amerindian than who look like Gabriel Soto, so no.

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:32 AM
There are still more people in Mexico who look fully or almost-fully Amerindian than who look like Gabriel Soto, so no.

That shouldn't matter, there are more people who look Caucasoid than pure Amerindian, so now we will claim mexicans who look pure Amerindian as atypical

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:35 AM
That shouldn't matter, there are more people who look Caucasoid than pure Amerindian, so now we will claim mexicans who look pure Amerindian as atypical

'Caucasoid' is a broad term though. It can encompass Middle Easterners, North Africans, light South Asians and swarthy Mediterranean Europeans, all of whom would be darker than Gabriel Soto. Anyway, I'd much appreciate it if you could stop trolling my thread thanks.

Persian Otomi
03-20-2014, 12:39 AM
'Caucasoid' is a broad term though. It can encompass Middle Easterners, North Africans, light South Asians and swarthy Mediterranean Europeans, all of whom would be darker than Gabriel Soto. Anyway, I'd much appreciate it if you could stop trolling my thread thanks.

Who is trolling? I am only educating the ignorant here, maybe you don't know what the term troll means

Tooting Carmen
03-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Who is trolling? I am only educating the ignorant here, maybe you don't know what the term troll means

By claiming that a reasonable percentage of Mexicans would look like Soto, when in reality people who have hair and eyes as light as him are a minority even among White Mexicans, who are themselves a minority of the overall Mexican population. Is that so hard to understand?