PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get Bored Easily?

Northern_Paladin
12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I get bored very easily. Sometimes even slightly lethargic if I don't have something fun to do. I have to say chasing girls can be fun, computer games can be fun, and internet forums can be fun.

However a lot of times I just like to be with my friend and going hiking. But its so damn cold we haven't been able to do that. I like Political talk but generally the girls I have met in bars are dumb as rocks and have no interest in Politics unless its about their hair color.

Loki
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Same here. Even conversation bores me quickly, unless the person I talk to is a girl who captivates my attention. Then it could last for hours. Those are very rare though, and I treasure them.

MarcvSS
12-30-2009, 11:06 AM
No I rarely get bored...

With the shitload of hobbys I've got, its kind of hard to get bored...

Laudanum
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah.. I get bored very easily.:D

Eldritch
12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes and no. I'll confess that other people bore me easily (with a few treasured exceptions), but when I'm by myself I'm never bored.

Amarantine
12-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes.

HawkR
12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
No, not on a general basis. I tend to get sleepy instead, and eventually fall asleep. I might even get annoyed. But not bored. I like to say "Boooring" alot though:p

nisse
12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
It's part of my mood - some times I can wake up bored and there's nothing I can do to make myself not be bored that whole day.

...usually, it's very hard fro me to become bored, and very easy to become interested again :)

Lady L
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I always hear men talk about how women get bored so easily ...is it because they are sooooo boring us :D? When I've heard that I always think men should be a more bored gender because they do silly things...like arm wrestling, burping contest, etc :D

I don't get very bored, I have 2 kids, 2 cats, and a husband..! :tongue

Svarog
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Not even kind of, I don't remember last time I felt bored, regarding the other people, you seriously need to be the most boring son of a bitch in the world to bore me in the conversation or hanging out, I always try to keep the convo going but sometimes it's just not possible.

Ariets
12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
you think why Im here?

Jarl
12-30-2009, 05:48 PM
you think why Im here?

LoL! You damned borer!

Bari
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
No. Im easily entertained and i choose to socialize with easy-going individuals that are up for fun and are impulsive like me. The few times i can get bored is during Church cermons or when im in company with up-tight sarcastic people that have a negative attitude to anything impulsive or out of the norm(and get easily embarassed).

Northern_Paladin
12-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Once I start my business I wouldn't get bored. But until than I will be bored and frustrated at my situation. And being with beautiful women is never boring to me, only I am not the Wealthiest man around so I have a lot of competition and have frankly given up pursuit of my dream girl because I realize that she indeed has better options than me and no matter how hard I try now without the Fame and Power she wants I am nothing to her. :( I was obsessed with her but she decided she'd rather date a wealthy play boy type.

Not my fault I'm not a Millionaire who wears only Armani suits. I blame my father for not being more capable. It pisses me off, but I will outshine those punks in a few years. I will have revenge on my ex when she sees I have achieved Fame, Fortune, and Power.

She'll see money isn't everything. Money does not make a man Great. A man can be Rich but not great. But a man can not be Great but not Rich.

Brynhild
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I can be bored when my kids are away for extended periods, but for the most part, my boredom manifests from lack of motivation. Once I get into a groove, there's plenty to do and no time to think about it at all. Variety is also important for me, otherwise I go stir crazy. I'm also easily bored with self-absorbed people who have empty conversations that eventually must revolve around themselves.

Northern_Paladin
12-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I can be bored when my kids are away for extended periods, but for the most part, my boredom manifests from lack of motivation. Once I get into a groove, there's plenty to do and no time to think about it at all. Variety is also important for me, otherwise I go stir crazy. I'm also easily bored with self-absorbed people who have empty conversations that eventually must revolve around themselves.

Self-absorbed people who have empty conversations that eventually must revolve around themselves? Isn't that all people?:D

I have a feeling that my ex will come back to me. Even though I'm not Rich. I have seen women get bored of guys who have lots of money but not much to match in Wit.

Absinthe
12-31-2009, 03:05 AM
7pR7_9mLOM4

The Khagan
12-31-2009, 03:11 AM
Not even kind of, I don't remember last time I felt bored, regarding the other people, you seriously need to be the most boring son of a bitch in the world to bore me in the conversation or hanging out, I always try to keep the convo going but sometimes it's just not possible.

Well, aside from the conversation thing, I bore very rarely. I keep myself entertained (not that way). I just read or play bass or listen to music. I always have something to do really.

Brännvin
12-31-2009, 03:20 AM
Depend it can to be a cultural thing though.

Even conversation bores me quickly, unless the person I talk to is a girl who captivates my attention.

So you're not only interested in the conversation :D :thumbs up

Beorn
12-31-2009, 03:25 AM
I get bored very easily. I even get bored when doing activities I love. There has been many a time I have told my children they are boring me, but they tend to ignore me and make me become interested. And that is the key. You have to have people around you who will make you become interested in even the most insincere and trivial aspects of your life.

I am sounding 30 + odd here, but life is nearly over so we must make as much time as possible to enjoy it all.

Aemma
12-31-2009, 03:32 AM
I get bored very easily. I even get bored when doing activities I love. There has been many a time I have told my children they are boring me, but they tend to ignore me and make me become interested. And that is the key. You have to have people around you who will make you become interested in even the most insincere and trivial aspects of your life.

I am sounding 30 + odd here, but life is nearly over so we must make as much time as possible to enjoy it all.

:pound: Oh you have no idea!! ROFL!!

You may be half dead Beornie, but I sure ain't! :P :D

Beorn
12-31-2009, 03:38 AM
You may be half dead Beornie, but I sure ain't! :P :D

Well, that's because you are 40 years and old, and....uh-oh!..did I just admit you were 40+?

They do say life begins at forty. :swl

Aemma
12-31-2009, 03:44 AM
Well, that's because you are 40 years and old, and....uh-oh!..did I just admit you were 40+?

They do say life begins at forty. :swl

Yep you surely did! Tisk! Tisk! ;)

But you better believe your boots Baby, life DOES begin at 40 and not a moment sooner! ;) :D I'm not sure what the rest of you are doing (other than taking up valuable oxygen :D), but you haven't lived until you have reached your 40's. It just sux to be you right now, 'fraid to say! :P :D

Beorn
12-31-2009, 03:47 AM
It just sux to be you right now, 'fraid to say! :P :D

As a 30 year old knocking on Heaven's door, I endorse that message. :(

Aemma
12-31-2009, 03:51 AM
As a 30 year old knocking on Heaven's door, I endorse that message. :(

Gods Beornie!! Don't get all Bob Dylan on me or I'll scream!! :eek: :D

Stefan
12-31-2009, 04:44 AM
I do indeed get bored easily, but with all the stuff I have accumulated over the years to do I don't get bored.

Svanhild
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't get bored easily so long as I have my music, my books and my ability to fantasize near me. Whilst reading a good book I can create worlds in my mind and plunge into the story. Time flies and there's no time for boredom. :wink

Stuck in conversations, someone who likes to talk about him-/herself again and again bores me. Or people who have the intellectual horizon of a sack of spuds.

Svipdag
12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I am almost never bored. My curiosity is insatiable. Maybe in 200 years or so, I'd start to get a bit jaded. The only times I can recall when I have been bored out of my skull have been times when I was in the hospital, either too sick to be interested in anything, or so frustrated by being bedridden with no access to my books, that I was counting the minutes to get out.

Amapola
01-01-2010, 02:52 AM
I hardly get bored... there are many things to do, see and learn instead...

Learning_Genetics
12-21-2013, 11:15 AM
It depends. Often I can become bored if it is doing something I do not enjoy. If it is something I enjoy and am interested in I can do it for hours and not be bored. Also discussing things which do not interest me also cause me to become bored. However I will still discuss and try to engage with the other person even if the subject does not interest me because it is important to engage with people and talking to others can be entertaining in itself.

Roy
01-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Yes, I am this type of person.

Sakis
01-12-2021, 12:30 PM
I would say so.

TheMaestro
01-12-2021, 12:38 PM
Yes, I blame the internet/PC in general, I'm like a squirell on a speedo 60% of time, then I turn into grumpy zombie.

Alexandro
01-12-2021, 12:43 PM
Not really. I am pretty content with my own thoughts, not to sound holier than thou or anything but when people can only feel stimulated by listening to music, watching videos, whatever, I think it is a symptom of a weak mind.

Mr.G
01-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Never bored.

My best skill is occupying myself.

Kivan
01-13-2021, 01:34 AM
When i'm with my girlfriend or doing something i like (such as watching series/movies, cooking, playing games, swimming, etc) i never get bored.

When i'm working or in the couch watching TV, generally i do.

Latinus
01-13-2021, 01:36 AM
Yes.

Parça do Neymar
01-13-2021, 01:49 AM
Frequently, I'm the kind of person who works in random, short bursts of energy.

calxpal
11-29-2023, 10:13 AM
Recently I have been a little bit honestly.

Abaddon
11-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Sure.

Victor
11-29-2023, 12:15 PM
50/50

axel.aleman
11-29-2023, 12:26 PM
Yes

Incal
11-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Boredom is a relatively recent phenomenom and it's hardly found in rural towns or tribes... it takes place in cities and urban environments.

DraviXi99
11-29-2023, 01:41 PM
A lot.