PDA

View Full Version : I hate Fireworks!

Anthropos
12-31-2009, 10:02 PM
It always comes as a surprise and it's always annoying... I was thinking about taking a walk during the afternoon, and only minutes after that the fucking 'war' started. It has escalated ever since, and there's no way that I'll even open a window at this point. Alright..... I did enjoy it one time or other when I was extremely wasted, but otherwise it's just annoying. Happy New Year! :D

Loki
12-31-2009, 11:57 PM
I hate it too

Brynhild
01-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Another $1 million worth of taxpayer's money was wasted on fireworks that could've been put to better use. :(

Beorn
01-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Fucking love fireworks. The smell, the fear as you light it thinking it will blow up in your face, the excitement of running from it lit and taking cover with loved ones and friends, the fun as it shoots into the sky, the tears of joys as it bangs into small children leaving them crying and their parents angered :D

I can stil remember the day my best mate was given a Chinese bomb by his Dad, and we let it off and threw it on top an old people's home. We ran for our lives to make sure the local bobbies didn't see us, but then the firework went off.

Wow!

It lit the whole of the play park and gave the police a good warning as to who had just let it off.

Lol!

My favourite trick was letting off rockets outside of their slips and watching people scream in terror as it zoomed and flipped around the place.

Lol!

Osweo
01-01-2010, 01:11 AM
I stepped out of my cottage a little after midnight, hoping to see some from the nearby village, but there was NOWT! :rofl: I could hear a few muffled bangs from miles away, but no flashes. Mwahahaha! SUFFER, townies! :P

Amapola
01-01-2010, 02:29 AM
I don't like them, and they terrorize my dog :tongue

Aemma
01-01-2010, 02:41 AM
But...but...but...I love fireworks! They turn a night sky into something magical. There's nothing better than lying down on a blanket on the ground (well in the summer time I'm talking here) and looking up and seeing these "stars" coming right at you. In the right frame of mind, you can almost reach out and touch them..... :party-smiley-006::party::fest42:

Absinthe
01-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't mind them, but the cat hates them. She always hides under the bed on New Year's :p

Smaland
01-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Cities and towns often provide a fireworks display on Independence Day. They're beautiful to look at, I just wish they lasted longer. :)

Piparskeggr
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I've always loved the noise, light, pressure and smell of the displays, but more than 1/2 hour or so and it becomes a bit much...

Svarog
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I love fireworks, my gf hate it, she had to go home for the new year and come back later cause she had to put our cat under her shirt (lucky cat :D) cause otherwise cat get traumatized or whatever, apparently it's a tradition, in the meanwhile i was throwing 'exploding devices' around, i guess i was drunk and forgot to throw one, and it exploded in my hand, quite a wound there (pic on request :D). Anyway, I don't mind fireworks and stuff like that as much as most people around me and apparently here but Bryn brought up a great point, loads of wasted money, not to mention retarded new year celebration on the town square in which 500e was wasted, this town have 400k citizens, WHAT FOR? That's what I mind much more than stupid fireworks and the program was crap.

nisse
01-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I just don't get fireworks...They don't impress me and aren't any prettier than the stars...I'd rather they stopped the light pollution for a few minutes so we could see those :)

Agrippa
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
When I was younger, I liked it more than I do now I have to confess, but in general I'm no big fan of fireworks now.

If at all, beautiful fireworks in the sky are ok, but those which only make noise are dispensable and the worst thing is, if youngsters, especially the foreign and lowest-level ones, have fun to throw exploding items into windows, dustbins and on other people.

Every New Year you can see a lot of exploding and smoking dustbins in my area, a lot smoke and sirens, crippled youngsters and fire etc...

But again, for children and younger people its more of a fun I guess, almost something like a war game with the exploding items, throwing them and making "experiments" etc.

Some just dont know where to stop and not annoying other people too much or destroying public and other peoples goods.

Aemma
01-01-2010, 04:48 PM
When I was younger, I liked it more than I do now I have to confess, but in general I'm no big fan of fireworks now.

If at all, beautiful fireworks in the sky are ok, but those which only make noise are dispensable and the worst thing is, if youngsters, especially the foreign and lowest-level ones, have fun to throw exploding items into windows, dustbins and on other people.

Every New Year you can see a lot of exploding and smoking dustbins in my area, a lot smoke and sirens, crippled youngsters and fire etc...

But again, for children and younger people its more of a fun I guess, almost something like a war game with the exploding items, throwing them and making "experiments" etc.

Some just dont know where to stop and not annoying other people too much or destroying public and other peoples goods.

Hmm I guess there is a difference between what happens in countries (which stands to reason). When I think 'fireworks' it's only the big ones set off in the sky that I associate with the word and not the smaller firecracker kind. Firecrackers have been outlawed here for quite some time and there are only certain types of fireworks which are sold to the public here in my province at any rate and usually only during certain times of the year. Mostly people buy them and set them off during recognised holidays, Canada day, Victoria Day, Labour Day (sometimes). New Year's fireworks displays are usually an event put on by a city/town or community and not by individuals themselves. So we don't have these problems of people going around setting firecrackers and such in one's garbage bins. Yikes!

I can well understand why you wouldn't be impressed by what amounts to personal explosives in the hands of immature and irresponsible youngsters. I wouldn't like that either. :mad:

Lady L
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
But...but...but...I love fireworks! They turn a night sky into something magical. There's nothing better than lying down on a blanket on the ground (well in the summer time I'm talking here) and looking up and seeing these "stars" coming right at you. In the right frame of mind, you can almost reach out and touch them..... :party-smiley-006::party::fest42:

I'm with you Aemma..!! :thumbs up