PDA

View Full Version : What Chinese think of Jews

zhaoyun
03-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I've seen this video a while back, thought I'd share it as some here might find it entertaining. There are a lot of similarities between Chinese and Jewish culture though they are mostly unrelated. But many in China have positive feelings towards Jews because Chinese people value financial success and intellectual achievement, and they feel that the Jews have excelled in these fields in modern history.

This Chinese girl has a youtube channel and makes videos interviewing randomn people and getting their opinions on common questions. From this video, you can see many phenotypes typical of Nordsinids, though not all are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0KOHt7eXI

Anglojew
03-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Positive stereotypes can be as dangerous as negative ones.

It's a pity they focus on Jewish business acumen rather than our contribution to the arts and sciences (for example).

I worry about the superficiality of modern East-Asian culture valuing money above all else.

The host is cute.

Mortimer
03-24-2014, 07:43 AM
the girl who makes the video is hot, chinese look cool. they have views about jews similar to europeans, "smart, persecuted, good at business" etc. nothing surprising, most people think jews are smart, i always also used to think jews are very smart and most people her where i am, how i got the idea that they are

zhaoyun
03-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Positive stereotypes can be as dangerous as negative ones.

It's a pity they focus on Jewish business acumen rather than our contribution to the arts and sciences (for example).

I worry about the superficiality of modern East-Asian culture valuing money above all else.

The host is cute.

I don't think their views are very balanced, but it's primarily due to lack of real contact with actual Jews.

I thought it was reassuring though that a couple were more nuanced and stated that Jews were individuals above all else.

Yes, modern Chinese society is too obsessed with money and that's one thing I hate about it. However, it is directly tied with the fact that because of Communism, which destroyed a lot of traditional culture and prevented wealth building, the generations after the reform period were largely impoverished and their pursuit of material wealth reflects that. Actually, I consider it a necessary evil because the reason why China has developed so quickly is large part due to the obsession with wealth building.

I think after China reaches the standards of most developed countries (probably 20-30 years), and after a couple generations of stable and high living standards, the focus in society will shift and not be so focused on chasing wealth.

Selurong
03-24-2014, 08:00 AM
The Unholy Union of Amy Chua, the Tiger Mother and her Jewish Husband.

http://www.brevspread.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Mr.-Amy-Chua.jpg

I find it quaint how the two drug peddling organized crime ethnicities, the Chinese; who are the number one drug sellers, pirates, vendors of substandard goods and corrupt mafiosos in Manila and the Jews who are the number one drug traders in Colombia, as well as the financial gang-leaders of New York and Moscow, admire one another.

This does not apply to all Chinese and Jews, it just so happens that most crime in Manila and most crime in Colombia are perpetuated by Chinese and Jews.

I.E: Take this news article where Crime Boss Delphin Lee, A Chinese was arrested.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/583301/victims-hail-delfin-lees-arrest

Or this article wherein Rabbis were implicated in the Colombian Drug Trade.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/10/drugsandalcohol.uk

How quaint, the Cabal and the Triad finally met each other.

zhaoyun
03-24-2014, 08:02 AM
The Unholy Union of Amy Chua, the Tiger Mother and her Jewish Husband.

http://www.brevspread.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Mr.-Amy-Chua.jpg

I find it quaint how the two drug peddling organized crime ethnicities, the Chinese; who are the number one drug sellers, pirates, vendors of substandard goods and corrupt mafiosos in Manila and the Jews who are the number one drug traders in Colombia, as well as the financial gang-leaders of New York and Moscow, admire one another.

This does not apply to all Chinese and Jews, it just so happens that most crime in Manila and most Colombia are perpetuated by Chinese and Jews.

I.E: Take this news article where Crime Boss Delphin Lee, A Chinese was arrested.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/583301/victims-hail-delfin-lees-arrest

Or this article wherein Rabbis were implicated in the Colombian Drug Trade.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/10/drugsandalcohol.uk

How quaint, the Cabal and the Triad finally met each other.

Both Chinese and Jews have ancient and very complex and cosmopolitan civilizations/cultures. For you to reduce them to essentially two crime syndicates is ridiculous.

Although I agree with you that Amy Chua is a bitch. I tremendously dislike her.

Selurong
03-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Both Chinese and Jews have ancient and very complex and cosmopolitan civilizations/cultures. For you to reduce them to essentially two crime syndicates is ridiculous.

Although I agree with you that Amy Chua is a bitch. I tremendously dislike her.

Lol. Its like saying all Italians belong to the Mafia and all Arabs belong to Al-quaida. This assertion that all Jews belong to a Cabal or all Chinese belong to some Triad.

I know, it's ridiculous.

That's why I said in the spoiler that it does not apply to all Jews and all Chinese.
Just those placed in positions of power.

Like over here. Henry Sy pays his employees below the minimum wage levels and then sacks his employees if they form a union. (Chinese mindset for profiteering at it's most splendid)

Or how Rothschild and Rothstein are such untouchable Cabal names that even the FBI and CIA takes double precaution in engaging those vermin.

The problem is already blatantly obvious: In 2010, it was reported by Wikileaks that the United States Embassy in Israel, in a cable titled "Israel: The Promised Land of Organized Crime?" (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/wikileaks-u-s-worried-israel-becoming-the-promised-land-for-organized-crime-1.328480), had expressed grave concern about the activities of Israeli organized crime figures and was taking measures to prevent members of crime families from being issued visas to the United States.

Even the CIA and FBI have said that Israel, Jews and organized crime has been thoroughly woven into one another.

Anglojew
03-24-2014, 08:37 AM
the girl who makes the video is hot, chinese look cool. they have views about jews similar to europeans, "smart, persecuted, good at business" etc. nothing surprising, most people think jews are smart, i always also used to think jews are very smart and most people her where i am, how i got the idea that they are

They are really resembling the Japanese more and more.

Selurong
03-24-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm not saying that all Jews and all Chinese are like that. It just so happens that so many Chinese and Jews who are in a position of power have that "dark tendencies".

Anglojew
03-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't think their views are very balanced, but it's primarily due to lack of real contact with actual Jews.

I thought it was reassuring though that a couple were more nuanced and stated that Jews were individuals above all else.

Yes, modern Chinese society is too obsessed with money and that's one thing I hate about it. However, it is directly tied with the fact that because of Communism, which destroyed a lot of traditional culture and prevented wealth building, the generations after the reform period were largely impoverished and their pursuit of material wealth reflects that. Actually, I consider it a necessary evil because the reason why China has developed so quickly is large part due to the obsession with wealth building.

I think after China reaches the standards of most developed countries (probably 20-30 years), and after a couple generations of stable and high living standards, the focus in society will shift and not be so focused on chasing wealth.

Yes I agree. Traditionally Chinese culture (like other a East-Asian Buddhist cultures eg Japanese) highly valued music, art etc.

Kalimtari
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Chinese are damn smart people (we can all teach from them), the oldest continued civilization + almost 2 billion people living in that crowded place without eating each others brains (what we'd probably do)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWORyToTo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ximqppmkfc4

Lurker
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Funny. This reminds me of the Fugu Plan, a plan made by Japanese leaders in the 1930s to develop Manchuria. The plan went like this:

Jews=Money
Manchuria=Poor
Put jews in Manchuria = Rich Manchuria

Wikipedia has some sources on that:

Memorandums written in 1930s Imperial Japan proposed settling Jewish refugees escaping Nazi-occupied Europe in Japanese-controlled territory. As interpreted by Tokayer and Swartz (who coined the term "Fugu Plan" to describe this),[clarification needed] they proposed that large numbers of Jewish refugees should be encouraged to settle in Manchukuo or Japan-occupied Shanghai,[1] thus gaining the benefit of the supposed economic prowess of the Jews and also convincing the United States, and specifically American Jewry, to grant political favor and economic investment into Japan. The idea was partly based on the acceptance of the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion as being as a genuine document by at least part of the Japanese leadership.[2]

The detailed scheme included how the settlement would be organized and how Jewish support, both in terms of investment and actual settlers, would be garnered. In June and July 1939, the memorandums "Concrete Measures to be Employed to Turn Friendly to Japan the Public Opinion Far East Diplomatic Policy Close Circle of President of USA by Manipulating Influential Jews in China," and "The Study and Analysis of Introducing Jewish Capital" came to be reviewed and approved by the top Japanese officials in China.

The plan was stupid and racist, but it helped save 24,000 Jews from the Holocaust. So I guess it all worked out in the end? Sometimes good can come even out of racism and prejudice.

Cleitus
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Hypocrites, Jews are maggots.

zhaoyun
03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Funny. This reminds me of the Fugu Plan, a plan made by Japanese leaders in the 1930s to develop Manchuria. The plan went like this:

Jews=Money
Manchuria=Poor

The plan was stupid and racist, but it helped save 24,000 Jews from the Holocaust. So I guess it all worked out in the end? Sometimes good can come even out of racism and prejudice.

The Japanese had a lot of wacky plans, especially for Manchuria. Something I've heard before was that the Japanese had plans to select tall Northern Chinese women in Manchuria and impregnate them to create a taller race of Japanese, not sure if that is true, but considering the things they did do, it's not that far fetched.

Selurong
03-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Jews=Money
Manchuria=Poor

Fugu plan...

Lolwut?

When the Japanese encountered Jews in the Philippines (More Jews were saved by Philippine President Quezon than Schindler) they still persecuted the Jews. Fugu plan my bottom.

Ever read the book Escape to Manila?
Wherein, Jews fleeing Nazi Germany were emotionally tortured by the Japanese when they went through Japanese occupied Manila...

Fugu plan...
Their plans are totally the opposite of what they did.

Lurker
04-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Fugu plan...

Lolwut?

When the Japanese encountered Jews in the Philippines (More Jews were saved by Philippine President Quezon than Schindler) they still persecuted the Jews. Fugu plan my bottom.

Ever read the book Escape to Manila?
Wherein, Jews fleeing Nazi Germany were emotionally tortured by the Japanese when they went through Japanese occupied Manila...

Fugu plan...
Their plans are totally the opposite of what they did.

The Japanese military and government organization was very decentralized and confused during the 1930s and 1940s. A branch of the army (Kwantung) forged an incident in Manchuria and started a war that the central government didn't actually want to pursue at the time (hence how long it took for Japan to mobilize the reserves in the 2nd Sino-Japanese War). A war also that didn't actually seemed to have a clear strategic objetive or way to actually reach it. The Navy (IJN) and Army (IJA) were different factions at each other's throats, with coups and plots to gain influence with the emperor. The Navy favored expanding to the south (what eventually happened in the Pacific War) while the Army favored expanding to the North, declaring war against the Soviet Union (a plan which was discarded by the Tokyo administration after the poor perfomance in Khalkin Gol). There were also different factions within the IJA and the IJN, also at each other's throats. There was a Fugu plan, which saved 24,000 Jews (mostly Lithuanians) from the Holocaust, but I guess the people that ruled the Philippines didn't get the memo.

Besides, the Japanese actually treated badly all the Europeans and Americans they encountered in their Pacific Campaign (except if they were Italian or German).

RussiaPrussia
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm not saying that all Jews and all Chinese are like that. It just so happens that so many Chinese and Jews who are in a position of power have that "dark tendencies".

where are chinese in power? Every 7th human is a chinese

The Illyrian Warrior
04-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Well, Europeans or people closer to Jews don't really have positive views on Jews....How come so? Jews know it better I guess. :rolleyes:

Smaug
04-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Tony Blair is not Jewish.