PDA

View Full Version : Turkey blocks twitter

Rojava
03-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had said he would "root out" the social media network where wiretapped recordings have been leaked, damaging the government's reputation ahead of local elections. And indeed Twitter was blocked a few hours after the statement by the PM.

Some users trying to use Twitter were taken to a statement apparently from Turkey's telecommunications regulator (TIB).

The statement cited four court orders as the basis for blocking the site, where some users in recent weeks have posted voice recordings and documents purportedly showing evidence of corruption among Erdoğan's inner circle. It said that action had been taken against Twitter as a "protection measure".

Meanwhile Twitturk, which records the statistics of Turkish Twitter users, said that over half a million tweets were posted in just 10 hours, despite the ban.

That number would mark no sharp fall from the average number of tweets posted in the country, which is around 1.8 million per day.

Erdoğan said the government undertook such measure "for the sake of its citizens", adding: "I don’t care what the international community says. Everyone will witness the power of the Turkish Republic’s state."

----------------------------

FUCK YOU ERDOGAN
BIJI AZADI

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/CBZDdcNapUw/hqdefault.jpg

portusaus
03-24-2014, 06:28 PM
#banthekebab

Prisoner Of Ice
03-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Every country should ban all social media except for blogs. This stuff is a vile abomination that serves no good purpose. You could still leak freedoms on a blog.

alb0zfinest
03-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Just another strategy blocked so that erdogans totalitarian/Islamic way of ruling doesn't get out faster. Too bad.

Farah
03-24-2014, 06:50 PM
So stupid. As if that's the way to get more people on your side or to polish your image.

Dandelion
03-25-2014, 01:26 AM
I've also read that never before has been sent more Tweets from Turkey, thanks to the 'forbidden fruit' effect. Erdoğan also got criticised for this by President Gül.

legolasbozo
03-25-2014, 09:30 PM
İ trusted erdoğan, i thought a devoted muslim could be a real democrat so that would be a hope for muslim world to change themselves. But erdoğan show that religious beliefs is far important than democracy. First everything was good, erdoğan were amending european union customs and laws, but later it was revealed that he was adopting those laws just because to rally himself and suppress army from the politics. And after that he turned to himself again. He started to mess with peoples lifestyle etc. Once he said that "men and women should'nt live together, he make a call to society for alarm the police if they see such things" everybody reacted so furiously, even conservative people, they said that this people's private life, even it is sin it's none of government's business. And yesterday his son's phone records leaked. even he is married he has a swedish gf and on the phone, he was threatening her :) you know, you get what you give. Probably he banned twitter becauae of that, but there is rumours, people talking he has a sex tape but i don't believe that, if it would be, it would allready leaked till now.

Xenomorph
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Every country should ban all social media except for blogs. This stuff is a vile abomination that serves no good purpose. You could still leak freedoms on a blog.

Twitter has allowed for instantaneous news on the actions of oppressive governments across the world. It's a major game change in organizing people and spreading information.

Kemalisté
03-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Twitter ban overturned by Ankara court. Case closed, nothing to see here anymore, let's move on guys.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/govt-to-implement-court-ruling-against-twitter-ban-turkish-deputy-pm-says.aspx?pageID=238&nID=64121&NewsCatID=339