PDA

View Full Version : Where can this man fit (Sicilian from Palermo)?

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.initaly.com/pix/bios/salvatore.jpg

Tooting Carmen
03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Jew.

Peyrol
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Look like a darker Chris Christie.

Do you have more pictures?

Kamal900
03-25-2014, 02:15 PM
levantine, he looks very jewish.

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Look like a darker Chris Christie.

Do you have more pictures?

I only have that one.

I do know his look is very common in the northeast US in general with all the Italian Americans and Jews here. :lol:

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Bump

Kamal900
03-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Bump

how common his phenotype in other regions in Sicily?

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 07:29 PM
how common his phenotype in other regions in Sicily?

Fairly common throughout and in continental southern Italy, I think.

Ianus
03-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Atlantomed/Dinarid/CM

Panormus
03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
his phenotype isnt common

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
his phenotype isnt common

It's certainly common amongst Italian Americans. Not Nordic enough for you?

I can't say if he is typical for Palermo but he's typical for southern Sicily at least.

Ianus
03-25-2014, 08:02 PM

I bet instead you wanted an Armeoid Sicilian:lol:

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 08:03 PM
I bet instead you wanted an Armeoid Sicilian:lol:

If I did I would have posted one, and I didn't. :lol:

I bet if I had posted a blue eyed blonde, he would not have said the look was uncommon.

Panormus
03-25-2014, 08:11 PM

I can't say if he is typical for Palermo but he's typical for southern Sicily at least.

what? sikeliot you know that im not a nordic wannabe.....im just saying that his phenotype isnt typical.Do i have to remember you that i see people from all over Sicily every fucking day? But still you pretend to know Sicilians better than me

Peyrol
03-25-2014, 08:12 PM
The oddest (selfdeclared) ''italians'' are those from the USA, wonder why.

...and people continue to wonder why italo-brazilians or italo-argentines doesn't look like the selfdeclared ''italians'' in the US...

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
The oddest (selfdeclared) ''italians'' are those from the USA, wonder why.

...and people continue to wonder why italo-brazilians or italo-argentines doesn't look like the selfdeclared ''italians'' in the US...

Because they're of northern Italian descent..

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
what? sikeliot you know that im not a nordic wannabe.....im just saying that his phenotype isnt typical.

He looks no different from my father and uncles. If he's atypical, then so are all my family.

Smeagol
03-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Mainland Southern Italian, Jew, or Levantine.

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Mainland Southern Italian, Jew, or Levantine.

Do you think he is atypical like someone said?
I know that I don't even think he looks especially "Levantine" for Sicilian standards, but like a common face in the northeast US. Go to the Italian part of Boston and this type is quite common.

Smeagol
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Do you think he is atypical like someone said?
I know that I don't even think he looks especially "Levantine" for Sicilian standards, but like a common face in the northeast US. Go to the Italian part of Boston and this type is quite common.

Not atypical at all. I've literally seen hundreds of Italian Americans with this kind of look, and I've been all over the Northeast. I see some people here saying that Italian Americans are all mixed with something else.:rolleyes2: Truth is, Southern Italians/Sicilians are not a light pigmented people on average, and there's not really anything wrong with that. There are exceptions though. I have a Sicilian uncle who looks French, and has light brown hair and blue eyes. His son is a mix of Sicilian, Ashkenazi, and Russian, and is blonde, and blueeyed.

Sikeliot
03-25-2014, 08:49 PM
I have a Sicilian uncle who looks French, and has light brown hair and blue eyes. His son is a mix of Sicilian, Ashkenazi, and Russian, and is blonde, and blueeyed.

I've met Sicilians who look straight Celtic, like they could pass in the Scottish highlands or in Ulster just fine, but that's not the most typical look of course. It exists, but if people are going to deny that ON AVERAGE the people are darker, that's not my problem.

This man literally screams Italian from NYC or NJ. Also, mixing with Hispanics, Irish, etc. the main groups Italians mix with does NOT produce this look.