PDA

View Full Version : Post Atlantid Scandinavians

CordedWhelp
04-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I'd post some myself, but I'm not sure I've seen from searching ones that really gave an Atlantid vibe...this might be except some folk from Norway who do give that vibe.

I'm part Danish, and my mother always says that Danes "unlike other Scandinavians" (she's being a bit stereotypical here, forgive her) have a fairly high instance of dark hair (not that this automatically means: Atlantid) Not sure where she gets this from. I did hear someone not long back here say that Denmark has more of an Atlantid strain than in most the rest of Scandinavia. Is it a bit of a genetic island in this way? Not sure I see many Atlantid traits in Germany either, north of Stuttgart, or parts of Bavaria.

Just food for thought. Post 'em if ye want.

Is it possible that Denmark got a somewhat significant amount of genetic input from British Islanders during the viking age? I know everyone says some thralls came. I would lean to thinking it was too few to impact the general genetic pool much, but...what the deelio?

Aldaris
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
http://zxlcreative.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8345206e269e20120a8109920970b-pi Guy in the front, he is danish.

CordedWhelp
04-02-2014, 08:08 AM
http://zxlcreative.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8345206e269e20120a8109920970b-pi Guy in the front, he is danish.

Wow, shit. Yeah, that guy's considerably Atlantid.

I'm genuinely curious why that is for Denmark.

Not a Cop
04-02-2014, 08:09 AM
I'd post some myself, but I'm not sure I've seen from searching ones that really gave an Atlantid vibe...this might be except some folk from Norway who do give that vibe.

I'm part Danish, and my mother always says that Danes "unlike other Scandinavians" (she's being a bit stereotypical here, forgive her) have a fairly high instance of dark hair (not that this automatically means: Atlantid) Not sure where she gets this from. I did hear someone not long back here say that Denmark has more of an Atlantid strain than in most the rest of Scandinavia. Is it a bit of a genetic island in this way? Not sure I see many Atlantid traits in Germany either, north of Stuttgart, or parts of Bavaria.

Is it possible that Denmark got a somewhat significant amount of genetic input from British Islanders during the viking age? I know everyone says some thralls came. I would lean to thinking it was too few to impact the general genetic pool much, but...what the deelio?

Well, saying that Danes are unlike other Scandos is a big stretch, although they, as any other nation have regional differences.

From Bunak (great russian anthropologist):
"Своеобразное положение занимают антропологические особенности населения Дании. Эта («ютландская») зона в большой мере сохранила мегалитический тип, несмотря на свое положение среди светлоокрашенных вариантов."

Translation:
"Peculiar position occupied by the anthropological characteristics of the population of Denmark. This ("Jutland") zone to a large extent preserved megalithic type, despite its position among the light-colored variants"

CordedWhelp
04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Well, saying that Danes are unlike other Scandos is a big stretch, although they, as any other nation have regional differences.

From Bunak (great russian anthropologist):
"Своеобразное положение занимают антропологические особенности населения Дании. Эта («ютландская») зона в большой мере сохранила мегалитический тип, несмотря на свое положение среди светлоокрашенных вариантов."

Translation:
"Peculiar position occupied by the anthropological characteristics of the population of Denmark. This ("Jutland") zone to a large extent preserved megalithic type, despite its position among the light-colored variants"

I don't figure somewhat of a majority of Danes are virtually much different if any from many Swedes and southern Norwegians.

I had suspicions Jutlanders were a bit of a slightly eccentric case, though. Tending to North Germans to a large degree, but having tendency to an Atlantid element too.

Artek
04-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Having darker-spectrum people is normal and it's not necessarilly connected with genetic drift. Please remember that even the most light-pigmented people had darker-pigmented ancestors!

Aldaris
04-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Wow, shit. Yeah, that guy's considerably Atlantid.

I'm genuinely curious why that is for Denmark.

They do differ slightly in Y-DNA and mtDNA distribution - less corded R1a branch and more mtDNA haplogroup J, which is probably associated with megalithic builders. They are not however, very different phenotypically, its barely noticeable.

CordedWhelp
04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Having darker-spectrum people is normal and it's not necessarilly connected with genetic drift. Please remember that even the most light-pigmented people had darker-pigmented ancestors!

I agree.

Kalimtari
04-02-2014, 11:22 AM
soory, couldn't resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB57CuT4smM

:D

Anglojew
04-02-2014, 11:45 AM

It's Neolithic not from the British Isles per se.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?115481-Paleo-Atlantid-Norwegians

A great example I just posted on another thread is Anders Rasmussen