PDA

View Full Version : For the Females: Do cocky guys turn you on?

zhaoyun
04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Idea for this thread came from SvenDC's bragging.

But from my experience, women will say they don't like arrogant guys, but honestly, they get turned on when the guy's cocky and also charming with a good sense of humor (as opposed to insulting).

So, does cockiness turn you on?

All votes public.

TheBlondeSalad
04-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Personally, I like it. No idea why, I'm not too keen on nice guys with low confidence, they tend to get boring.

Rĉdwald
04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Personally, I like it. No idea why, I'm not too keen on nice guys with low confidence, they tend to get boring.

I think it's kind of innate that confidence is a trait that women look for without knowing it. When a problem arises they want to have a guy around who can get shit done. Now there is a difference between acting "cocky" and being confident. Acting "cocky" would be imitating the type of confidence that people want, but not doing anything to back it up when the time comes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone acts "cocky" it's viewed as them having confidence and that is seen as a positive trait...

Black Wolf
04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
My gf likes my cockiness most of the time lol.

zhaoyun
04-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Note Im not referring to quiet confidence here, Im talking about cocky guys. Those who brag about themselves. LOL

And yeah, overly nice guys are usually friendzoned right away. I've seen so many nice guys hang around a girl for ages, waiting and hoping for that chance, but she just uses him as a shoulder to cry on. LOL

Armand_Duval
04-03-2014, 11:09 PM
I thik many women -if not most of them- like men who are selfconfident and project strenght in their personallity and actions however sometimes douchebags with a braggish attitue are mistaken as selfconfident people.

Rĉdwald
04-03-2014, 11:16 PM
I thik many woman -if not most of them- like men who are selfconfident and project strenght in their personallity and actions however sometimes douchebags with a braggish attitue are mistaken as selfconfident people.

I think if you have the right type of mannerisms you can display to a woman that you are confident and without saying a word or putting on a display too. I think if you're immediately too open with who you are and display everything about yourself outright a lot of women get bored quickly.

armenianbodyhair
04-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Not if it's mean spirited, if it's in a joking type way then yes.

Smaug
04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Cocky, but not arrogant. Arrogant guys are usually insecure about themselves.

Armand_Duval
04-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Lol. When I was in my early twenties I became sort of boastful and presumptuos, I used to do a lot of excerside and had very nice body that used to get me women's attention, eventhough some people disliked me because of that attitude(I used to be boastful on porpouse, not all the time of course) I noticed this attitude, for both good or bad, used to get me more attention from women.

Im not saying I used to get as many women as if I were a sort of "Bradley Cooper" or something like that, not at all, of course, I an only saying that it is true you get more female attention if you manage to act more extroverted and project more selfconfidence.

cally
04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Not too cocky. Moderate cockiness, lol.

Armand_Duval
04-03-2014, 11:38 PM
I think if you have the right type of mannerisms you can display to a woman that you are confident and without saying a word or putting on a display too. I think if you're immediately too open with who you are and display everything about yourself outright a lot of women get bored quickly.

Im sure everybody has come across those coupes in which dude ranges from average to fugly while the gal ranges from cute to even superpretty and you get surprised and wonder: "How the heck that guy managed to get himself that kind of woman!!".

The answer is simple: That poor looking dude managed to portray himself as very selfconfident man. (if it is not that he has a lot of money, but keep an eye on this: It is not always a matter of money).

Carlito's Way
04-03-2014, 11:46 PM
But from my experience, women will say they don't like arrogant guys, but honestly, they get turned on when the guy's cocky and also charming with a good sense of humor (as opposed to insulting).

that is very true, my girlfriend also likes it and the past girls ive dated did too :cool:

Kalimtari
04-04-2014, 10:38 AM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x126/jaynesblogtemplates/man_with_a_very_big_cock.jpg

Queen B
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Cocky or confidence?
Cocky ~ no
Confidence ~ surely

Loki
04-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Cocky as in Cock Cock??

wvwvw
04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
I like it on some guys, hate it on others so it depends on his personality as a whole

But mostly Yes

pao-
04-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I like confidence, but there is a fine line between that and being a complete douchebag. The second is a huge turn-off.

Hadouken
04-04-2014, 11:41 AM

yes you are right with everything but one thing is for sure ....if you care too much what women think/want you already lost because you cant win that "game" ...women are pros when it comes to that and they only need to look at us to see everything....they are born with that gift.

The too open thing only happens when you are too focused and obsessed with the girl so that you will be an open book and also might act like an idiot ....these things are a sign of insceuritiy which a confident man isnt ergo he wont be an open book in the first place .

The best thing is to not give a fuck (or at least trying it) and just let it flow and not being afraid of the outcome ....which means to just talk and act naturally

dont think that i am trying to "teach" you something here haha i just say HOW I FEEL and what my experiences are

and Armand Duval already said it right that women often like cocky men and douchebag behaviour because they correlate it with confidense

Linebacker
04-04-2014, 01:05 PM
You've done too much to hide the original title of the thread.You should have just named it "Hey ladies,would you fuck SvenDC until you faint?"

Kalimtari
04-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Note Im not referring to quiet confidence here, Im talking about cocky guys. Those who brag about themselves. LOL

And yeah, overly nice guys are usually friendzoned right away. I've seen so many nice guys hang around a girl for ages, waiting and hoping for that chance, but she just uses him as a shoulder to cry on. LOL

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1297094634553_6118187.pnghttp://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1328126998828_6315708.png

:D

CordedWhelp
04-04-2014, 06:24 PM
It's a shame there's this near whole generation of men who put women on this golden pedestal and seen as this ultimate key to happiness for them.

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
A mature serious person who talks when necessary ,not all the time, and not always himself is confident .

Cocky guys remind me 10 years old boys..immature and looking for a mother image , starving for attention ..I ll pass I am not a nanny

Prisoner Of Ice
04-04-2014, 06:51 PM

Med and middle eastern types seem to love guys like that, which is why they do it I guess.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-04-2014, 06:55 PM
A mature serious person who talks when necessary ,not all the time, and not always himself is confident .

Cocky guys remind me 10 years old boys..immature and looking for a mother image , starving for attention ..I ll pass I am not a nanny

I can't stand guys who talk all the time and get in everyone's face. It has to be the most feminine and disgusting trait in a man.

Virtuous
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Look at me, hmm, my tits are so hard, am so masculine, much wow.

Kalimtari
04-04-2014, 06:57 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-esvA3_jE_Tc/Tu17U2Dgf3I/AAAAAAAADdQ/El9rFHfJP_g/s1600/amen1.jpg

Sikeliot
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I am not a woman, but I can say that I hate cocky guys or anyone who brags about themselves. It doesn't turn me on, it makes me want to punch them.

zhaoyun
04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I can't stand guys who talk all the time and get in everyone's face. It has to be the most feminine and disgusting trait in a man.

True. Over-talkative men usually look like they need to get their faces smashed in.

CordedWhelp
04-04-2014, 06:59 PM

I'm a fairly quiet guy in person who only really speaks when I think I can offer something constructive. That isn't to pat myself on the back...I am imperfect and am still a prideful being... I can still be an asshole. But I notice me and dudes like me are often called 'shy' or are suggested to be less than completely manly (lol), and I never really understood that.

There is male-type aggressiveness and female-type aggressiveness.

Siberian Cold Breeze
04-04-2014, 07:07 PM
A-men ?
nice wordplay :)

btw ..I include the ones always need to show their muscles or guns on every chance
They think they are manly or tough guy but mostly they are act no different than kids playing superman :P

well , sometimes can be cute but still gives the image of man with a soul of a teenager.

one of them was taking his pictures of his abs, arms and everywhere ,sharing on his profile (for his girlfriend ofcourse )
result: she got extremely annoyed because of this ongoing male body show..She was almost breaking up ..Don't do that boys. :)

Hàkon
04-04-2014, 07:22 PM
As I see it, the amusement that cockiness (with tongue in cheek) can bring should be attributed to the individual's sense of humour. Or social competence in general.

That is to say, cockiness is not awe-inspiring in itself. More often than not, I find it to be the strategically worst way of implying confidence and respectability.

Hadouken
04-04-2014, 07:39 PM
A lot of us also seem to forget that nobody is perfect ....none of us

we all have our downsides we all have our problems and we all are humans

For me personally i want a woman that loves me for who i am . Yes being confident and loving yourself is a must anyway because why should a woman love you when even you dont love yourself ....but acting "cool" being cocky etc. the whole time wont bring any of us very far in life ....yes i did these things to and had my "adventures" with some girls myself but what do i have now ? i am alone (when it comes to love) and none of those experiences have made me happy in the long run ....I would change all of that for 1 single woman that is worth my love . When i become an old man i want to sit in my chair with my wife and look back at years full of love and companionship . I mean life is ephemeral ...today we are here tomorrow we are gone and what can be better to find your soulmate that will be along your side in this fearful and fucked up earth.

I know it sounds cheesy and maybe even weirder coming from a man but a lot of us have lost the touch to reality and humanity long time ago ...including me (unfortunately) . But hope never dies

Minesweeper
04-04-2014, 07:42 PM
''Cockiness'' (when it refers to arrogance), masculinity and authority can't be treated as synonyms. Anyone can be cocky or authoritarian, even homosexual man and we can agree that his masculinity is not considered desirable by most of our society which still values conservative views when it comes to sexual hierarchy.

Linebacker
04-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Wow at all the introvert losers in this thread.The title says ladies not guys.But since you are beta weak males I guess its fine.

Melina
04-05-2014, 05:38 AM
No they don't turn me on! Especially those muscle tough guys that think they are so special. Only stupid women fall for that. Smart women fall for men with careers and ambition who use the cocky guys to do their dirty jobs. :p

glass
04-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Wow at all the introvert losers in this thread.The title says ladies not guys.But since you are beta weak males I guess its fine.
beta males are not weak, they are close friends of alpha, beta is actually considered best position, because they have almost everything at little cost (Alpha give them all).
like Marina said

men with careers and ambition who use the cocky guys to do their dirty jobs.

Prisoner Of Ice
04-05-2014, 07:02 AM
As I see it, the amusement that cockiness (with tongue in cheek) can bring should be attributed to the individual's sense of humour. Or social competence in general.

That is to say, cockiness is not awe-inspiring in itself. More often than not, I find it to be the strategically worst way of implying confidence and respectability.

Of course I realized I have no shirt on in any of my pics I've shown here now :lol:

I guess it's in how seriously you take it. The internet just isn't the internet if there's no talk about how much you lift.

Melina
04-05-2014, 07:12 AM
I guess Zeberg is cocky... Never seen him on the forum though..

Loki
04-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Does that mean you're cocky?

Kalimtari
04-05-2014, 10:25 AM

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1775897_700b.jpg

Linebacker
04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1775897_700b.jpg

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1328037893355_6528454.png

Graham
04-05-2014, 04:14 PM

You remind me of those guido types from Jersey Shore.