PDA

View Full Version : Should all Persian speakers join Iran?

Wolf
04-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Considering the fact that the Persian language is also the official language of Afghanistan ("Dari") and Tajikistan ("Tajik"), it seems only logical that all Persian speakers of these countries should join Iran or Persia.

Persian language area:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Persian_Language_Location_Map1.png

Iranian languages:

https://iranianlinguistics.org/assets/languages/iranian-languages-distribution.png

GrebluBro
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
YES

wvwvw
04-04-2014, 11:05 AM
YES

And create an even greater Islamic republic complete with tribal fightings and terrorism? ;)

http://www.nathanjamail.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/free-lip-piercing.jpg

GrebluBro
04-04-2014, 11:11 AM
And create an even greater Islamic republic complete with tribal fightings and terrorism? ;)

India got about 15% (once just 10%) Muslim or 180 million...sooner they will be 300 million or 20% of India...what if they demand India to join Islamic Republic :(

asingh
04-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I see no sense in this.

Wolf
04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
India got about 15% (once just 10%) Muslim or 180 million...sooner they will be 300 million or 20% of India...what if they demand India to join Islamic Republic :(

Stick to the topic, please.

I see no sense in this.

Why?

Kiyant
04-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Tajiks = Yes
Afghanistan = No since there are also major minorities in that country and most Afghans dont like/dont identify with Iran/Persia

asingh
04-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Stick to the topic, please.

Why?

Not sure if a linguistic identity will work.

Wolf
04-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Not sure if a linguistic identity will work.

Which other identity do you prefer?

Cail
04-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Tajiks = Yes
Afghanistan = No since there are also major minorities in that country and most Afghans dont like/dont identify with Iran/Persia

Including Tajikistan but not Afghanistan would make no sense, since Iran and Tajikistan do not share a border. That would be a very weird country and make a lot of things too complicated.

Afghanistan's people might not closely identify with Iran/Persia, at least not all of them, but the union is going to be very beneficial for Afghanistan as a whole, both economically and politically. Iranians will bring order and economic improvements. And assimilating into this new pan-Iranic identity is going to be pretty easy for them.

I vote yes on both counts.

SKYNET
04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
to me that's not bad idea, but it sounds pretty difficult that they can make a kind of Iranic unity since those ethnicities which are belong to Iranic group are spreaded everywhere in other non-Iranic speaking countries like Turkey, Russia or Iraq.

Cail
04-04-2014, 05:05 PM
to me that's not bad idea, but it sounds pretty difficult that they can make a kind of Iranic unity since those ethnicities which are belong to Iranic group are spreaded everywhere in other non-Iranic speaking countries like Turkey, Russia or Iraq.

Tajiki, Dari and Farsi are not just "Iranic", they are very close and mostly mutually intelligible. Other Iranic languages like Kurdish, let alone Ossetian, are waaaay more different. It's like Nordic languages vs Germanic in general. So the Iran-Afghanistan-Tajikistan union can make sense, same as united Scandinavia can, but trying to unite all Iranics is a fool's quest indeed.

asingh
04-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Which other identity do you prefer?

I think the set-up which currently exists. Why would you not be happy with that.

Óttar
04-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Only if they overthrow their present government!

Wolf
04-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I think the set-up which currently exists. Why would you not be happy with that.

It seems to be an obstacle to Persian unity.

Only if they overthrow their present government!

I'm sure that this is a rather hypothetical question.

asingh
04-05-2014, 01:00 PM
It seems to be an obstacle to Persian unity.

Or just being expansionist. You think the other nations would take delight in this..?

random
04-14-2014, 01:24 PM
No.

Language ≠ethnicity

Hadouken
04-14-2014, 01:31 PM
all Iranic peoples should unite

Rojava
04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
It will just be another Iraq, sectarian and religious conflict. Sunnis vs Shias.

Xenomorph
04-15-2014, 06:05 PM
It would be a bad gamble. Taliban fighters would pour into Iran and Tajikistan and it would probably take quite some time to definitively put them down. On top of that, Iran would probably have to pump huge amounts of money into rebuilding Afghanistan's wrecked economy and infrastructure. Tajikistan is not nearly as bad off, but Iran would undoubtedly be the one having to do most of the work. Then there is of course the inevitable tribal and religious conflicts which would probably be magnified.

Xanthias
04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
No

Wolf
04-15-2014, 08:09 PM
all Iranic peoples should unite

Kurds and Pashtuns should join Iran too?

No

Why?

Hadouken
04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Kurds and Pashtuns should join Iran too?

all Iranic people should unite yes :o

Rojava
04-15-2014, 08:46 PM
all Iranic people should unite yes :o

Order a book of "Return of the Medes" by Hama Mirwaisi, you will like it. It's about the unity of Iranic people, myths and Iranic origins. I liked it.

Ksaya Asvaka
04-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Haha no,these pan-persian fantasies are really unrealistic.Most afghan dari speakers are loyal to afghanistan and have good relations with pashtuns.Afghan tajiks are sunnis and most of them hate iran and would rather unite with india than with iran.Ironically shias in herat are the people who are the most radical anti-persians i have ever met.Persians hate afghans and treat them like shit in iran.

Ksaya Asvaka
04-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Tajiki, Dari and Farsi are not just "Iranic", they are very close and mostly mutually intelligible. Other Iranic languages like Kurdish, let alone Ossetian, are waaaay more different. It's like Nordic languages vs Germanic in general. So the Iran-Afghanistan-Tajikistan union can make sense, same as united Scandinavia can, but trying to unite all Iranics is a fool's quest indeed.

most afghans hate iran and even shias in afghanistan hate iran.Afghans are very different from persians and afghans are sunnis mostly and persians are shias

ChachiMogo
03-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Haha no,these pan-persian fantasies are really unrealistic.Most afghan dari speakers are loyal to afghanistan and have good relations with pashtuns.Afghan tajiks are sunnis and most of them hate iran and would rather unite with india than with iran.Ironically shias in herat are the people who are the most radical anti-persians i have ever met.Persians hate afghans and treat them like shit in iran.

Afghans would rather join India? Are you serious? Are you really Afghan?

I agree that in large, Afghans are not happy with Iranians and in some cases even hate them because of how they treat the Afghan refugees but "would rather unite with india than iran" part is really perplexing, even for a supposed Afghan.

Anyway, the unification of the Iranic lands would not be a good idea because of the Shia Sunni divide. Religion will not allow it.

Pahli
03-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Afghans would rather join India? Are you serious? Are you really Afghan?

I agree that in large, Afghans are not happy with Iranians and in some cases even hate them because of how they treat the Afghan refugees but "would rather unite with india than iran" part is really perplexing, even for a supposed Afghan.

Anyway, the unification of the Iranic lands would not be a good idea because of the Shia Sunni divide. Religion will not allow it.

You can't unite Iranic lands ... No way, just as stupid as uniting all Turkic lands. Instead, all the lands should work together on forming alliances + get rid of that goddamn religion that is plaguing us.

Rudel
03-25-2015, 03:45 PM
It doesn't make sense, pan-linguistic nations rarely do on the ground. I'm not surprised such an idea would be coming from you...

StonyArabia
03-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I don't think it's possible. Sunni Iranics like the Balochis face discrimination, this would probably extend to others. I have been told that Iraqi Shia Arabs are treated better than Sunni Afghans as refugees, so I don't think there will be any Pan Iranic unity any time soon. The Kuzmari in Oman view themselves as Iranic speaking Arabs and have never faced discrimination on religious or ethnic grounds from the largely Ibadhi Omanis, since they are Sunni, and are considered one of the native groups of Oman due to settling a long time in the region.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
03-25-2015, 04:29 PM
No

Hadouken
03-25-2015, 04:50 PM
I was just trolling in this thread if anybody wonders xD