PDA

View Full Version : How to Interpret National Genographic Results

Cosmic Destiny
04-05-2014, 03:07 AM
Hello everyone! So today after 2 months of waiting I finally got my back results from the National Genographic Gene 2.0. My Y-DNA says J-Z1297 (J2b2a1a Z1297?), with branch M-241. And my mtDNA showed T2a1a. My analysis showed 55% Mediterranean, 22% Northern European, 21% Southwest Asian. The analysis gave me 2 reference populations, Iberian (48% M, 37% NE, 13% SA) and Georgian (61% M, 7% NE, 31% SA ). Personally, this didn't make sense. So I manually sifted through other reference populations and found very close results for Greek and Tuscan (Both 54% M, 28% NE, 17% SA) as listed on the National Genographic website. I have studied a little bit about this but I would greatly appreciate if people could put these results into perspective. My fathers side is from Abruzzo in Italy and my mothers side is from Molise in Italy. The Y-DNA and mtDNA only go along one line so it is wrong to think they are important to understanding my ancestry? Does it negate the possibility of any relation to ancient italic tribes?

Kale
04-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Sounds Southern Italian to me.